PDA

View Full Version : Lemonis robbing from the coonasses.

AlSwearengen
11-25-2019, 12:49 PM
Cale Comeaux from Breaux Bridge PG #110 class of 2023.

Tbonewannabe
11-25-2019, 01:12 PM
Lemonis is showing how good of a recruiter he is. He did a pretty good job getting guys to Indiana.

ArrowDawg
11-25-2019, 01:46 PM
Lemonis is showing how good of a recruiter he is. He did a pretty good job getting guys to Indiana.

That's what it's all about at the end of the day. I think Lemonis is a good enough coach to win a title IF he can get the talent on campus on a consistent basis, and that's why hiring a great recruiter was/is really the key to us elevating the program to championship level. So far, I'd say he's living up to the hype. I'd like to see a top 5-10 class every year, and then hope the MLB draft doesn't steal from us too badly.

Commercecomet24
11-25-2019, 01:52 PM
Lemonis is a sharp cat. He knows how this thing works. He's a CEO type of Head Coach. He's gonna get the program the best available talent on the field and on his coaching staff and then tell them what he wants done and how he wants it done and then get out of the way and let his players play and coaches coach.

Randolph Dupree
11-25-2019, 02:52 PM
Lemonis is a good coach and great recruiter, do undervalue his coaching ability. Thing I like about him is that he knows the game as well as anyone but doesn't overthink it like Cohen would sometimes. He, Jake G and Fox are the best staff we've had in a long time. Maybe ever.

ShotgunDawg
11-25-2019, 02:56 PM
I've been impressed by Lemonis so far.

He let's his talent play & doesn't over complicate things. Kids seem to know their roles & that allows him to prepare & play with confidence.

Commercecomet24
11-25-2019, 02:58 PM
I've been impressed by Lemonis so far.

He let's his talent play & doesn't over complicate things. Kids seem to know their roles & that allows him to prepare & play with confidence.

Yep, I like the way he does things. Teaches and then lets them go out and play and he's surrounded himself with one of the best if not the best staffs in the country.

StarkVegasSteve
11-25-2019, 03:22 PM
If I've said it once I've said it 1,000 times, the best thing Cann ever did for us was bringing in Gautreau. He's probably the best recruiter in college baseball at the moment. And that's not a knock on Lemonis because I think he's a hell of a recruiter in his own right. But you put that one two punch on the recruiting trail pitching a chance to play in the best atmosphere in all of college baseball..... IT'S OVER. If we want a kid we get them.

ShotgunDawg
11-25-2019, 03:36 PM
If I've said it once I've said it 1,000 times, the best thing Cann ever did for us was bringing in Gautreau. He's probably the best recruiter in college baseball at the moment. And that's not a knock on Lemonis because I think he's a hell of a recruiter in his own right. But you put that one two punch on the recruiting trail pitching a chance to play in the best atmosphere in all of college baseball..... IT'S OVER. If we want a kid we get them.

Tony Vitello at Tennessee is the best coach recruiter in college baseball & I'm not sure it's close.

Once he gets the Texas job in a year or two, everyone will see

He recruiter big leaguers at Mizzou, built the TCU CWS teams, & built the recent Arkansas teams that have gone to Omaha. Also has Tennessee coming on fast in the SEC.

vv83
11-25-2019, 03:38 PM

Eh they're good but if it's us vs Vandy, I don't think we get them every time. Not saying we won't win some of those battles. Also, with the top level talent we bring in half of it is recruiting vs the minors and $1Mil+

WPS
11-25-2019, 04:10 PM
Tony Vitello at Tennessee is the best coach recruiter in college baseball & I'm not sure it's close.

Once he gets the Texas job in a year or two, everyone will see

He recruiter big leaguers at Mizzou, built the TCU CWS teams, & built the recent Arkansas teams that have gone to Omaha. Also has Tennessee coming on fast in the SEC.

He might be my top choice to replace Van Horn when he retires but by then he'll probably already be at a blue blood

ShotgunDawg
11-25-2019, 04:15 PM
He might be my top choice to replace Van Horn when he retires but by then he'll probably already be at a blue blood

Yup.

Del Conte the Texas AD was his AD at TCU

I seen it dawg
11-25-2019, 06:02 PM
Lemons........