PDA

View Full Version : Here's where I think Rosey, Bounds, and others are wrong

Coach34
11-25-2019, 12:08 PM
Any good executive or director of athletics should never base a personnel decision on 1 factor or game. While the Egg Bowl is a big deal, does winning that game cure all the problems and ills that are identified within the program? I look back at LSU with Les Miles and the rumors of him being replaced- and then he upset A&M in a big game. LSU's Alleva- who nobody wants to model themselves after- pushed to keep Miles another season based on that game and the hype it received. Then what happened? The same ol shit occurred the next season that had continued to happen in previous seasons- and Miles was fired after 3 or 4 games.

If you think he should be removed should we lose Thursday- winning the Egg doesnt really change anything. Those problems that lead you to believe he should be replaced will still be there. I think Cohen and our other decision-makers are smart enough to know this. Thats why the leaks are beginning sprout everywhere. And I agree with others that say Joe doesnt look like he wants to be here anymore as well. The guy that was on TV Saturday and then did that short press conference was not a happy person in the least.

Just something to ponder as we move thru this week.

Thick
11-25-2019, 12:14 PM
Totally agree! Winning the EB does not improve our special teams, our unproductive offense, improve our game management, make us more physical, etc!

Commercecomet24
11-25-2019, 12:18 PM
Agree 100%. He's had ample opportunity to show progress, he's ignored advice, he's been stubborn to change and he's failed. Best for all parties to just say this hasn't worked and we both need to move on. Not personal, just business.

ShotgunDawg
11-25-2019, 12:20 PM
Any good executive or director of athletics should never base a personnel decision on 1 factor or game. While the Egg Bowl is a big deal, does winning that game cure all the problems and ills that are identified within the program? I look back at LSU with Les Miles and the rumors of him being replaced- and then he upset A&M in a big game. LSU's Alleva- who nobody wants to model themselves after- pushed to keep Miles another season based on that game and the hype it received. Then what happened? The same ol shit occurred the next season that had continued to happen in previous seasons- and Miles was fired after 3 or 4 games.

If you think he should be removed should we lose Thursday- winning the Egg doesnt really change anything. Those problems that lead you to believe he should be replaced will still be there. I think Cohen and our other decision-makers are smart enough to know this. Thats why the leaks are beginning sprout everywhere. And I agree with others that say Joe doesnt look like he wants to be here anymore as well. The guy that was on TV Saturday and then did that short press conference was not a happy person in the least.

Completely agree.

That's why I think they are just toeing the company line to keep the coaches & players motivated for Thursday.

Coursesuper
11-25-2019, 12:23 PM
Yes on all counts, one game even though its the rivalry game doesn't really change anything. If it looks like a duck.

the_real_MSU_is_us
11-25-2019, 12:24 PM
I agree 100% coach, he should be fired regardless of if we win or lose.

But what you're missing is that were Mississippi State, so well **** it up and keep Joe if he gives us any excuse to

trojandawg
11-25-2019, 12:42 PM
one game should never change an outcome of a coach. His performance to date has been terrible in 98 percent of the games he has coached. same problems in our last game were seeing all year and all of last year.

Dawgfan77
11-25-2019, 12:49 PM
If the answer is you fire him after 5-7 then and fire him for 6-6. When he shits the bed in the bowl now he is 6-7? I see no reason to keep joe based on one game. His body of work here is shit

Gutter Cobreh
11-25-2019, 12:53 PM
Rosey's been retweeting a lot of Hud material in the last couple days. I don't remember (nor did I go back to look) him doing that in the past.

yjnkdawg
11-25-2019, 12:54 PM
With this being our 12th game of the season, I highly doubt that if we beat OM, that it will be due to JoeMo's coaching ability. I think if we do win it will just be that our players wanted it more (especially our MS kids). I highly doubt that one game will win some of the players back, instill discipline in our football program, and make JoeMo a coach who will be a more disciplinarian Nick Saban type coach going forward. Like it has been said many times. Winning one game should not be a determining factor on whether we part ways or not.

bulldawg28
11-25-2019, 02:38 PM
Rosey's been retweeting a lot of Hud material in the last couple days. I don't remember (nor did I go back to look) him doing that in the past.

Maybe he's gauging too.

ShotgunDawg
11-25-2019, 02:41 PM

Here's my thing with Hud.

He's worked at MSU twice. People in the admin know him & should know if he's a fit for us.

I actually trust the admin on this one since I know they know the candidate & know what he'd bring to the table.

PGHBulldogBG
11-25-2019, 02:44 PM
The only well coached games under Moorhead have been Auburn 2018 and Texas A&M 2018. Every other win has been out talenting the other team fairly significantly. Florida and Iowa 2018 and Kstate this year were the worst. Tennessee was bad starting Stevens and while all our other losses probably would’ve happened other most other coaches, the way we looked is inexcusable.

PMDawg
11-25-2019, 02:52 PM

This has been my thought all along. Hell, it was obvious after last season that he wasn't going to cut it here.

KOdawg1
11-25-2019, 02:57 PM
The only well coached games under Moorhead have been Auburn 2018 and Texas A&M 2018. Every other win has been out talenting the other team fairly significantly. Florida and Iowa 2018 and Kstate this year were the worst. Tennessee was bad starting Stevens and while all our other losses probably would’ve happened other most other coaches, the way we looked is inexcusable.

Add Kentucky 2018 to those losses as well. That was hideous

Tbonewannabe
11-25-2019, 03:01 PM

Even then, AU 2018 is pretty much accepted rumor that the game plan was mostly Hudspeth. So honestly, Joe has never beaten anyone that he doesn't have a talent advantage over and has lost some that he does.

Bothrops
11-25-2019, 03:05 PM
If we make a change, I think it's gonna be Hud.

dawgday166
11-25-2019, 03:25 PM
Even then, AU 2018 is pretty much accepted rumor that the game plan was mostly Hudspeth. So honestly, Joe has never beaten anyone that he doesn't have a talent advantage over and has lost some that he does.

TAM last year the only real coaching maneuver he made that I saw ... Hill was hurt so Aeris started. Fitz then was way more comfortable in the pocket and in addition ... Guidry actual caught an explosive play for a TD. Outside of that, I don't think Joe did anything special in that game. He may have called more Run only/Pass only plays over RPOs too, but I couldn't tell you for sure.

Todd4State
11-25-2019, 03:33 PM
The only time we have ever maybe kept a coach for winning the Egg Bowl was maybe Jackie in 2001. And that was partly because of LT sucking and partly because Jackie had shown that he could turn things around.

I think Rosebowl is tiring the company line and Bounds doesn’t know squat.

Political Hack
11-25-2019, 03:44 PM
If we make a change, I think it's gonna be Hud.

Hud, Clark, or Napier imo.

basedog
11-25-2019, 03:45 PM
Two things:
1) It's not true any outside Coach has been on campus to interview for the job. It shocks me anyone would say this, first off, everyone or anyone who is interested in the job doesn't want "others" to know while their is a Coach under contract. That is the craziest rumor I heard about a change, "on campus", PLEASE!

2) Yes no one game win or lose should make or break a Coach. I will say the pot has been stirred and their have been contacts of interest from agents.

3) IN what 34 is saying which is true, you fans should be ashamed of hoping we lose any any game thinking its better for our program. It goes back to what 34 is saying, "one game doesn't or shouldn't be the difference in a firing of a coach.

4) I'm betting Joe is gone, can't imagine a replacement will be announced right away, as again I was told a few weeks ago "we shall see".

HailState, I hope we beat the snot out of the BearSharks, hell I hope we win even if it's one point or even in overtime, I don't care how we do it just win!

Todd4State
11-25-2019, 04:05 PM
Two things:
1) It's not true any outside Coach has been on campus to interview for the job. It shocks me anyone would say this, first off, everyone or anyone who is interested in the job doesn't want "others" to know while their is a Coach under contract. That is the craziest rumor I heard about a change, "on campus", PLEASE!

2) Yes no one game win or lose should make or break a Coach. I will say the pot has been stirred and their have been contacts of interest from agents.

3) IN what 34 is saying which is true, you fans should be ashamed of hoping we lose any any game thinking its better for our program. It goes back to what 34 is saying, "one game doesn't or shouldn't be the difference in a firing of a coach.

4) I'm betting Joe is gone, can't imagine a replacement will be announced right away, as again I was told a few weeks ago "we shall see".

HailState, I hope we beat the snot out of the BearSharks, hell I hope we win even if it's one point or even in overtime, I don't care how we do it just win!

All of this!

defiantdog
11-25-2019, 04:43 PM
The coaching change isn?t all about the record. It?s the performance on the field. We look like an FCS school when we play teams with a pulse. We also have a veteran offense of juniors and seniors with an offensive head coach, but we can?t score points.

dawgday166
11-25-2019, 04:45 PM
Two things:

I dunno but ... this seems like 4 things to me ***

Coursesuper
11-25-2019, 04:56 PM
Two things:

Who said a coach interviewed on campus? My goodness that stupid. And I?ve totally missed that one.

Schultzy
11-25-2019, 05:01 PM
The coaching change isn?t all about the record. It?s the performance on the field. We look like an FCS school when we play teams with a pulse. We also have a veteran offense of juniors and seniors with an offensive head coach, but we can?t score points.
This. One of our coaches who left got outta here as fast as he could because he saw the writing on the wall very early with this HC and staff.
The terrible on field performances and S&C are a direct reflection of the culture in this program.

basedog
11-25-2019, 07:25 PM
I dunno but ... this seems like 4 things to me ***

LOL

+1

KOdawg1
11-25-2019, 07:33 PM
Hud, Clark, or Napier imo.
Clark would be very underwhelming imo. Good dude, good coach, but his experience doesn't branch out of the state of Alabama, and while we'd probably do well recruiting the state, Alabama and Auburn will still get who they want anyway.

I'm on board with Hud or Napier, and I think we'll end up hiring one of them