PDA

View Full Version : Schiano and Rutgers no go?

sandjunky
11-24-2019, 02:28 PM

Schiano and Rutgers no go??

bluelightstar
11-24-2019, 02:30 PM
Please give us this mulligan

HoopsDawg
11-24-2019, 02:31 PM
That's excellent news.

Really Clark?
11-24-2019, 02:33 PM
Definite power struggle going on with parties involved. Been coming out for 4-5 days they were having internal problems with control between AD, Schiano and board

OLJWales
11-24-2019, 02:35 PM
Would save us a ton of $$; Please Sports God, give me an egg bowl victory and a new coach with no buyouts.

HoopsDawg
11-24-2019, 02:36 PM
Would save us a ton of $$; Please Sports God, give me an egg bowl victory and a new coach with no buyouts.

Cohen needs to get with Joe, agents and Rutgers and make this happen. He could gain back a lot of trust for MSu fans if we could dump Joe's contract off on Rutgers.

Tbonewannabe
11-24-2019, 02:37 PM

Everyone needs to pray to 8 lb baby Jesus that this happens.

HoopsDawg
11-24-2019, 02:40 PM
Rutgers was offering 8 years for 32 million. Have I got a deal for them..

OLJWales
11-24-2019, 02:42 PM

How the hell does Rutgers pay $4M? Moan Joe, take the pay raise man, your wife will be thrilled.

KOdawg1
11-24-2019, 02:47 PM
Dear Lord,

I don't ask for much. Please.

HoopsDawg
11-24-2019, 02:48 PM
How the hell does Rutgers pay $4M? Moan Joe, take the pay raise man, your wife will be thrilled.

how the hell does Schiano turn that down?

parabrave
11-24-2019, 02:48 PM
Would anyone take Schiano?

Coach34
11-24-2019, 02:49 PM
Cmon Rutgers.

KOdawg1
11-24-2019, 02:50 PM
Would anyone take Schiano?
I'm not advocating we hire him but he'd be better than what we have now

Really Clark?
11-24-2019, 02:51 PM
how the hell does Schiano turn that down?

Seems like the issue was control over the program and facilities upgrades some. I think he really wanted to stay home with his family unless he got everything he wanted from a school.

Dawgfan77
11-24-2019, 03:18 PM
Based on SloMo actions last night post game..... He gone

Commercecomet24
11-24-2019, 03:24 PM
Let's go scarlet knights hire the Moorhead!

Maroonthirteen
11-24-2019, 03:28 PM

Agree. His demeanor the past few weeks of press conferences, I felt he had another job. However there was no Mention of him on the Rutgers boards that I found. But with this news....... he gone.

sandjunky
11-24-2019, 03:31 PM
NJ.com article doesn’t list him as a plan B

Gordon Gekko
11-24-2019, 04:21 PM
NJ.com article doesn’t list him as a plan B

That’s because why would Rutgers or anyone else give Moorhead a head coaching position after he just yanked our program? I think all this Moorhead to Rutgers talk is just wishful thinking.

Quaoarsking
11-24-2019, 04:25 PM
That’s because why would Rutgers or anyone else give Moorhead a head coaching position after he just yanked our program? I think all this Moorhead to Rutgers talk is just wishful thinking.

Two reasons:
--Despite everything, he has a winning record at an SEC that isn't a traditional power, which is going to look good to casual fans.
--They'll convince themselves, rightly or wrongly, that his offense works in the Big 10 regardless of whether it worked in the SEC.

Hopefully they pull the trigger. It would make things so much more pleasant for us and for Joe.

TrapGame
11-24-2019, 04:26 PM
He's probably telling Rutgers he'll coach for half what Schiano wants.

OLJWales
11-24-2019, 04:44 PM
If Rutger's Cigar Boys hire Joe, then I bet they smoke Black & Milds.

BrunswickDawg
11-24-2019, 04:48 PM
If Rutger's Cigar Boys hire Joe, then I bet they smoke Black & Milds.

Smoking some wacky weed - because that is about the only thing that makes his offense bearable

RougeDawg
11-24-2019, 05:05 PM

Because, as many here have been saying, he was told after the Auburn and UT debacles to find a way out, or we would force him out. Same things that were presented to Loafers and Don. Albeit completely different circumstances. One coach does not fit here, the other did not want to be here. Keenum knew they would not be around long and gave them a respectable way to exit on their own terms. It is the best thing our university has done regarding handling coaching changes.

TUSK
11-24-2019, 11:34 PM

Wow. It was only a bit more than a decade ago, when MDL got hired at $32M/8 yrs and folks were flipping out at the numbers...

Now ya got cats clockin' $7M-10M per....

Fascinating...

dawgday166
11-24-2019, 11:40 PM
Smoking some wacky weed - because that is about the only thing that makes his offense bearable

LOL ... without a doubt.

Todd4State
11-25-2019, 01:11 AM
Because, as many here have been saying, he was told after the Auburn and UT debacles to find a way out, or we would force him out. Same things that were presented to Loafers and Don. Albeit completely different circumstances. One coach does not fit here, the other did not want to be here. Keenum knew they would not be around long and gave them a respectable way to exit on their own terms. It is the best thing our university has done regarding handling coaching changes.

I would have called Mullen's bluff on Maryland in 2015. I wish that had happened. I heard Keenum was going to do it and Loafers talked him out of it so we just didn't extend him.

Which made him pissy for awhile.

Really Clark?
11-25-2019, 08:08 AM
I would have called Mullen's bluff on Maryland in 2015. I wish that had happened. I heard Keenum was going to do it and Loafers talked him out of it so we just didn't extend him.

Which made him pissy for awhile.

Todd, again there was no Maryland job to bluff. The most that happened was they called his agent to gauge interest and how much it would take to get him to even talk with them. That’s it. There was no interest from Mullen and Maryland didn’t really want to spend that much on a coach, $30+ MIL. They paid DJ half that and nearly the same as they are paying Locksley now. Whatever info that message board poster had, it was based solely on them making a phone call.

Tbonewannabe
11-25-2019, 09:05 AM
Todd, again there was no Maryland job to bluff. The most that happened was they called his agent to gauge interest and how much it would take to get him to even talk with them. That’s it. There was no interest from Mullen and Maryland didn’t really want to spend that much on a coach, $30+ MIL. They paid DJ half that and nearly the same as they are paying Locksley now. Whatever info that message board poster had, it was based solely on them making a phone call.

I actually heard from a friend that has a Maryland source that it was a lot more than just gauging interest. They thought they had him as a coach and then the Miami job opened which was more desirable to him at the time. Maryland wasn't willing to wait because it looked like Mullen was going to take it until Richt had a change of heart. That comes from a well known Maryland alum for what it was worth.

Really Clark?
11-25-2019, 09:14 AM
I actually heard from a friend that has a Maryland source that it was a lot more than just gauging interest. They thought they had him as a coach and then the Miami job opened which was more desirable to him at the time. Maryland wasn't willing to wait because it looked like Mullen was going to take it until Richt had a change of heart. That comes from a well known Maryland alum for what it was worth.

Miami, yes all if that’s true but they both fired their coaches in Oct. Mullen was never interested or considering Maryland as he was definitely looking at Miami and actively trying to get that job. The Mullen to Maryland stuff was put out in Nov. Maybe your friend thought that was true, but Mullen was all in on Miami and not going to Maryland.

Really Clark?
11-25-2019, 12:33 PM
Well I will say that Schiano and Rutgers were talking some large dollars total expenditure for their program, if published numbers are true. I can why there were deep negotiations, especially with what Schiano wanted as his buyouts and total control of program. Which I still think was a bigger issue between the AD and him. Moorehead level of interest increase by Rutgers, +10%.