PDA

View Full Version : Another question, is there really any "read" in our supposed read-option plays?...

maroonmania
10-28-2013, 05:14 PM
Seriously, when Dak is running those it just looks like they are scripted as keepers or handoffs and nothing about the defense is being read at all. We seem to often carry the ball right into the teeth of the defense where if Dak would pull it out and keep OR in some cases hand off there is all kinds of room. Back when Tyson and AD were in the backfield we WERE truly were running a read-option offense. I'm not so sure now that we are or maybe Dak is just simply not very good at reading the defense.

ShotgunDawg
10-28-2013, 05:16 PM
Yea, I'm not sure about this. I don't know how we would know for sure without knowing the actual play call and what the coaches tell Dak to do.

Political Hack
10-28-2013, 05:26 PM
CDM got on him on the sidelines during one game this year for not handing it off when he should... so they're not scripted.

FISHDAWG
10-29-2013, 08:42 AM
I remember at least one fumble during the exchange because Dak wanted to hand off but the RB & him weren't on the same page ...& this was on a read-option