PDA

View Full Version : What is your line in the sand Thursday on Joe?

dantheman4248
11-24-2019, 12:46 PM
Most people are talking like win or lose we should keep or get rid of Joe like the outcome doesn't matter. So I ask you, what point differential is your breaking point. From -223 to 223 which would set the record either way. How bad would we have to lose to confirm firing him (like -45 in 2008) or how much would we have to win by for you to keep him on.

For me, if he starts Shrader, then a win by 40+ would honestly quell me for a season. If he starts Stevens, we'd have to win by 94 or more (SEC record for points in a game is 93 by LSU over what became ULaLa).

What say you? And if you don't have a line then just say -223 or 223 because you have to either fire or retain the coach that loses by the record or wins by the record for points in a game, respectively.

Quaoarsking
11-24-2019, 12:50 PM
There's literally nothing that Joe can do to save his job in my eyes, since beating a 4-8 team at home should be a given at all 14 SEC schools. I guess that's 223 on your scale.

ShotgunDawg
11-24-2019, 12:53 PM
I've already reached my breaking point.

runwildjerious
11-24-2019, 12:54 PM
Nothing that happens on Thursday will change my mind, he has got to go. Our attendance will be awful if he comes back. Apathy is setting in and it is incredibly hard to come back from that (see Men’s Basketball). He wasted the most talented team we have had in years and each week looks unprepared. He is a complete disaster.

The hire was not a strike against Cohen. It appeared to be a good hire. Keeping him will be completely unacceptable.

sandjunky
11-24-2019, 12:55 PM
Goodbye JoeVester

Mjoelner34
11-24-2019, 01:03 PM
With me, the line was drawn last year, crossed by K State this year and any chance to cross back erased by UT. And, its not just about results but also the stupid penalties, bone-head plays, dropped passes.....etc.

DogsofAnarchy
11-24-2019, 01:10 PM
With me, the line was drawn last year, crossed by K State this year and any chance to cross back erased by UT. And, its not just about results but also the stupid penalties, bone-head plays, dropped passes.....etc.

Add the lack of accountability.
Add in lack of discipline.
Add in the Strength and Conditioning Fiasco.
Add in the lack of adaptability of the coaches ability to the players he has.
Add in a poorly planned offensive scheme.
Add in personnel decisions like Aeries Williams not playing.
Add in poor special teams Coaching.
Add in Poor Offensive Line Coaching.
Add in Poor Play Calling.
Add in Lack of Imagination.
Add in poor WR Coaching.
Add in Poor DL Coaching.

TheLostDawg
11-24-2019, 01:15 PM

Same with me.

Agree with Cohen but if he keeps him then it starts showing what type of AD Cohen is especially if we keep him and lose this week. I'm mad if we win, Moorhead stays on, and significant changes are made. I possibly give my tickets up if anything less and lose faith in Cohen; that's my line with him. Also we must come out ready to play Thursday which we haven't yet all season. Not that that changes a lot but will ease my pain a hair.

TheLostDawg
11-24-2019, 01:17 PM
Add the lack of accountability.
Add in lack of discipline.
Add in the Strength and Conditioning Fiasco.
Add in the lack of adaptability of the coaches ability to the players he has.
Add in a poorly planned offensive scheme.
Add in personnel decisions like Aeries Williams not playing.
Add in poor special teams Coaching.
Add in Poor Offensive Line Coaching.
Add in Poor Play Calling.
Add in Lack of Imagination.
Add in poor WR Coaching.
Add in Poor DL Coaching.

This too minus DL. Coaching turnover, true freshman, and guys out negates this for me.

DogsofAnarchy
11-24-2019, 01:20 PM
This too minus DL. Coaching turnover, true freshman, and guys out negates this for me.

I get it but those guys aren’t freshmen now. That was game 11 last night and we had nothing. You will see Thursday when OM rushes for 450 yards.

Tbonewannabe
11-24-2019, 02:16 PM
I honestly gave him a pass for last year even though I shouldn't have. KSU was strike one, offense in SEC games was strike 2, UT was strike 3, Bama was strike 4, ACU was strike 5. I don't know how many more strikes he gets.

Tbonewannabe
11-24-2019, 02:18 PM

Only thing is we had enough guys to rotate so we only had one or two freshmen on the field at the time. Those freshmen are also 4 star guys and Pickering was a borderline 5 star.

OLJWales
11-24-2019, 02:25 PM
I was already on the fire him train and now, after reading some first hand accounts of those here who had good friends of someone who was on the sideline to one of those here who talked for a while with a player's dad, Joe not only sucks as a SEC coach but the players don't respect him. They may like him because he's a likable guy, but a successful coach has to have at least a little Saban or George Patton in them. Joe doesn't have that.

DownwardDawg
11-24-2019, 02:34 PM
I've already reached my breaking point.

Me too. Nothing in that game Thursday will impact how I feel either way.

Dawgfan77
11-24-2019, 02:34 PM
We beat the sharks great. We keep him and I along with every state fan I personally know will not be back in DWS or give to the BC if he returns. Those that support one more year are delaying the inevitable.

Lord McBuckethead
11-24-2019, 03:13 PM
Look, if we come out and execute on offense and defense. Win somewhere around 35-17 with controlling the game like we should, then I would have to see what we do in the bowl game. Moorheads biggest downfall is that we appear as if we are severely underprepared for every game and our game plan pretty much looks stupid as shit.

Look at last night. We didn't execute really at all. The team looked slow and not ready to battle. Yesterday's readiness level was why half of all our games this season was over with 10 minutes left in the 1st quarter. People not finishing tackles. People not giving effort down field. Players dropping simple passes. Lack of getting open running lazy routes. Slow developing screen passes. Not taking advantage of bust in coverages. We literally did not do a single thing correctly all night other than punt. And we shouldn't be punting 5 times against ACU. Sorry, we shouldn't. shit we cannot even bury a kickoff.

So 5 days to give me something to hang our hat on. I don't think we get it done. I don't think we have the edge to our team. Maybe a huge lack of leadership, but players need to be vocal this week. Upper classmen need to demand precision.

We will see. It's game 25 for Moorhead, we haven't seen it yet. It is now or never.

ScoobaDawg
11-24-2019, 03:19 PM
Nothing matters to me on thursday. He better win to maybe go out on a brighter note. But i don't care. He better be gone before the Calendar flips to Dec.

Lord McBuckethead
11-24-2019, 03:19 PM
I get it but those guys aren’t freshmen now. That was game 11 last night and we had nothing. You will see Thursday when OM rushes for 450 yards.

OM is not going for 450 on the ground against us. 300 yeah. So will we though.

OLJWales
11-24-2019, 03:21 PM
would be great to get a new great coach and another egg trophy. Unless I misunderstood, OM upped Luke for another year and if so, they did us a solid on that.

Mullen's first year taught me what a good coach can actually accomplish in one year. His 5-7 played hard and shoulda bowled that year and it was .180 different than Croom's last year.

I'm assuming that the OM folk know they're gonna beat our ass Thur and it will make them look like geniuses for upping Luke another year as all will be satisfied in confederate nation.

Commercecomet24
11-24-2019, 03:22 PM
Joes had ample opportunity to convince and show he can get it done. People have tried helping him and giving him advice but he's stubborn and.hard headed.He's failed, what happens Thursday should have no effect he needs go.

Really Clark?
11-24-2019, 03:25 PM
OM is not going for 450 on the ground against us. 300 yeah. So will we though.

Probably not but they did rush for 402 vs LSU

RougeDawg
11-24-2019, 05:31 PM
My line in the sand was crossed last year after the UK, FL, Auburn and A&M games. Everyone could see what offense was effective except SloMo. That was the end for me. The 8-5 season should have been the line in the sand for every person who watched SloMo take a 10 win minimum team to 8 wins.

dantheman4248
11-24-2019, 06:08 PM
To those who are talking like I or others don't think Joe should be gone, trust me, I do. This was more targeted at the people who think a win saves his job or a loss loses it. And the fewer still that think we can't fire him. I wanted to see what number would flip it.

I mean, with this jackass, I could see him rolling up like a 69-14 style victory with us scoring as time expires to show that he "gets it" and "has passion" and make it difficult to fire him because he did what he knows works for us and not what he thinks we should be to buy him some more time. I don't want him to stay and I think the only way he can is if he shows he will change to what we should and then blow them out or our style blows them out to a proportion never seen in the sec. Ie, two things that won't happen.

R2Dawg
11-24-2019, 06:43 PM
A key moment in MSU sports history as was the 08 firing of Croom after his SEC coach of the year but the 45-0 drubbing helped. John will cement his legacy based on what happens this week.

OLJWales
11-25-2019, 08:11 AM
A key moment in MSU sports history as was the 08 firing of Croom after his SEC coach of the year but the 45-0 drubbing helped. John will cement his legacy based on what happens this week.

Wasn't Croom out regardless of the egg bowl drubbing we took? can't remember. the SEC COTY the prior year was nothing more than just a symbolic award congratulating him being the first black SEC head coach getting "poor MSU" to the Liberty Bowl. We had a damned good D that year holding AU to a field goal. How many did we score that game?

Tbonewannabe
11-25-2019, 08:56 AM
Wasn't Croom out regardless of the egg bowl drubbing we took? can't remember. the SEC COTY the prior year was nothing more than just a symbolic award congratulating him being the first black SEC head coach getting "poor MSU" to the Liberty Bowl. We had a damned good D that year holding AU to a field goal. How many did we score that game?

The offense scored 0. Croom was able to usually have a pretty good defense and the effort was there. His big problem is he wanted to run a complicated NFL offense and couldn't mold it to the college game. It didn't help that he just had his buddy as Offensive Coordinator instead of someone that was actually qualified to do the job.

smootness
11-25-2019, 12:48 PM
You acknowledged that most have already made up their mind, then asked what could sway their opinion.

Minds are already made up. He should be gone no matter what.