PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Morning Musings....

ShotgunDawg
11-24-2019, 09:02 AM
Alright, onto Egg Bowl week. The good news is we'll be able to find a positive whether we win or lose Thursday night. Either way, it'll be a great night for MSU.

1. It's not a scheme problem. It's a culture & fundamentals problem. The offensive coaching is really really poor.

2. The coaching staff is completely broken & it's unfixable without starting over. Once Joe's original hires left,(which was a sign), he had little chance of turning it around. Even if we kept him & he made changes, who would want to come here with a lame duck coach?

3. I understand the perspective of those that think Stevens is the better QB. Problem is our WRs have sucked for 4 years & that won't change on Thursday. Throw that in with a slow developing offense, & the only real way we can move the ball is through improv. So, if Joe wants to win, he has to play the improv guy. The offense clearly runs faster & more decisive with him in the game. Clearly. It's not close.

4. I don't know if Joe inherited a bad batch of SO & JRs last year that just road the coat tails of the drafted guys or if he made them that way, but the net result is a program full of selfish players & virtually no semblance of leadership. Again, it's a culture problem that we have really not seen since Jackie's last few years. Joe could go somewhere else & become a better coach by realizing what he did wrong at MSU, but he can't fix it here. It's broken in a way that can't be repaired without the repair coming from a new coach. He simply lost control.

5. With the next hire, I don't want to hire a scheme. I want to hire a football coach. I look at guys like John Harbaugh, Nick Saban, Belichick, etc & I don't see a scheme. I see coaches that are capable of adjusting their scheme to the best players on the team. The transition that Harbaugh has made between Flacco & Lamar Jackson is stunning yet that's what good coaches do. They just care about winning & have the overall competency about football to make those adjustments effective. Hire a football coach, not a scheme. That may mean hiring a defensive guy. Not sure.

6. Georgia is going to beat LSU in the SEC Championship.

7. Really looking forward to seeing the Cowboys/Pats game today. I think a good game by Dak & a Cowboys win will vault Dak to the top of MVP race.

8. I think MSU has a lot of good young players & the right coach can get this thing headed in the right direction pretty quick. That being said, I'm sick of coaching instability effecting our recruiting. How many years in a row has instability effected our recruiting? Crazy to think how much better our talent would be at MSU if we simply either had a coach that wanted to be at MSU or a good coach.

9. Damn you Cohen. How did you hire a coach to coach an SEC football program without interrogating him to figure out if his basic, fundamental values & philosophies fit that of an SEC football program. How did that happen? I realize you get blamed for things continuously but damn. You just hired a scheme. You didn't attempt to hire values & beliefs. You chose a wife so to speak based on her looks without considering her values, her beliefs, her stability, & her loyalty. Do a more well rounded job next time, if you get that chance.

Lord McBuckethead
11-24-2019, 10:07 AM
#7 dal would need to embarrass the pats to top the mvp.
#8 it would be quickly
#9 joe is impressive when you talk to him.

Coursesuper
11-24-2019, 10:32 AM
#9, I know that when they got back on the plane in Chicago after interviewing him it was over, they were over the moon about him and couldn't stop talking about the interview.

shoeless joe
11-24-2019, 10:53 AM
#9, I know that when they got back on the plane in Chicago after interviewing him it was over, they were over the moon about him and couldn't stop talking about the interview.

Which is disappointing. Because I’m sure he used his coach speak and catch phrases the whole time. Hope Cohen has learned thru experience and won’t be fooled again.

msstate7
11-24-2019, 11:00 AM
Which is disappointing. Because I’m sure he used his coach speak and catch phrases the whole time. Hope Cohen has learned thru experience and won’t be fooled again.

It would be interesting if early interviews for guys like saban, urban, spurrier, dabo, Pete Carroll, early mack brown, etc were available. I wonder how important the interview process is

TrapGame
11-24-2019, 11:03 AM

Sometimes it's not about the best interview. I've always heard you never hire the guy that sounds too good for the job.

Bubb Rubb
11-24-2019, 11:08 AM
Alright, onto Egg Bowl week. The good news is we'll be able to find a positive whether we win or lose Thursday night. Either way, it'll be a great night for MSU.

1. It's not a scheme problem. It's a culture & fundamentals problem. The offensive coaching is really really poor.

2. The coaching staff is completely broken & it's unfixable without starting over. Once Joe's original hires left,(which was a sign), he had little chance of turning it around. Even if we kept him & he made changes, who would want to come here with a lame duck coach?

3. I understand the perspective of those that think Stevens is the better QB. Problem is our WRs have sucked for 4 years & that won't change on Thursday. Throw that in with a slow developing offense, & the only real way we can move the ball is through improv. So, if Joe wants to win, he has to play the improv guy. The offense clearly runs faster & more decisive with him in the game. Clearly. It's not close.

4. I don't know if Joe inherited a bad batch of SO & JRs last year that just road the coat tails of the drafted guys or if he made them that way, but the net result is a program full of selfish players & virtually no semblance of leadership. Again, it's a culture problem that we have really not seen since Jackie's last few years. Joe could go somewhere else & become a better coach by realizing what he did wrong at MSU, but he can't fix it here. It's broken in a way that can't be repaired without the repair coming from a new coach. He simply lost control.

5. With the next hire, I don't want to hire a scheme. I want to hire a football coach. I look at guys like John Harbaugh, Nick Saban, Belichick, etc & I don't see a scheme. I see coaches that are capable of adjusting their scheme to the best players on the team. The transition that Harbaugh has made between Flacco & Lamar Jackson is stunning yet that's what good coaches do. They just care about winning & have the overall competency about football to make those adjustments effective. Hire a football coach, not a scheme. That may mean hiring a defensive guy. Not sure.

6. Georgia is going to beat LSU in the SEC Championship.

7. Really looking forward to seeing the Cowboys/Pats game today. I think a good game by Dak & a Cowboys win will vault Dak to the top of MVP race.

8. I think MSU has a lot of good young players & the right coach can get this thing headed in the right direction pretty quick. That being said, I'm sick of coaching instability effecting our recruiting. How many years in a row has instability effected our recruiting? Crazy to think how much better our talent would be at MSU if we simply either had a coach that wanted to be at MSU or a good coach.

9. Damn you Cohen. How did you hire a coach to coach an SEC football program without interrogating him to figure out if his basic, fundamental values & philosophies fit that of an SEC football program. How did that happen? I realize you get blamed for things continuously but damn. You just hired a scheme. You didn't attempt to hire values & beliefs. You chose a wife so to speak based on her looks without considering her values, her beliefs, her stability, & her loyalty. Do a more well rounded job next time, if you get that chance.

I gotta know....do you get paid by the word here? You post wall after wall of text, and it says the same stuff over and over again.

timotheus
11-24-2019, 01:12 PM
He enjoys typing.

Dawgtini
11-24-2019, 02:47 PM
Mostly cut and paste

fader2103
11-24-2019, 03:50 PM
He is either a guy in his mom's basement or retiree. I can't decide because I get on here almost everyday and see like 5 threads started by him and numerous replies to others.