PDA

View Full Version : Quick Thoughts AC Edition

ShotgunDawg
11-23-2019, 11:04 PM
I must admit, I was fully prepared to write this post tonight & put GIFs in it of how bad we are. I fully prepared to just make a funny, comedic game review so that we can all laugh & wallow in our misery with this coaching staff.

However, I see glimpses of us having the pieces & parts to be a solid football team but we are coached by an absolute buffoon that has no idea how to use them.

Not many thoughts tonight other than the obvious missed tackles, dropped balls, etc.

However, this tweet sums up my thoughts. If Garrett Shrader starts Thursday night, MSU wins. If Stevens starts & plays the entire game, OM wins by double digits.

Is Joe really going risk losing his job by not playing the guy that is clearly the better QB? I'm just at a complete loss of this point of why Garrett Shrader is not the starting QB of this team.

Put him in Napier or Satterfield's offense & he's a Heisman contender

Jarius
11-23-2019, 11:41 PM
The problem tonight was mainly our wide receivers dropping balls. Stevens is very average but Shrader is not a good throwing quarterback yet and we have zero chance of beating Ole Miss if Shrader plays. He is a 1 read and take off quarterback right now. That is fine against Abilene. It will not work Thursday. Tommy is not very good, but he gives us our best chance to win Thursday.

Irondawg
11-24-2019, 12:27 AM
I think it's a toss up. It's how many plays could Shrader make using his escapability versus can Tommy hit some throws that Garrett can't make yet. Offense is a concern but if we can't find a way to contain their run attack then QB play is going to be the least of our concerns

Captain Falcon
11-24-2019, 12:50 AM
We aren’t any good and I don’t think we’re being coached well at the moment. But I still hope like heck we win on Thursday. Won’t be happy at 6-6, but I can live with it for this year given the turmoil and then just hope notable changes are made in the offseason. If not, we know where this is likely headed at some point.

Just win the Egg and then we’ll figure out the rest.

TaleofTwoDogs
11-24-2019, 01:52 AM
We aren?t any good and I don?t think we?re being coached well at the moment. But I still hope like heck we win on Thursday. Won?t be happy at 6-6, but I can live with it for this year given the turmoil and then just hope notable changes are made in the offseason. If not, we know where this is likely headed at some point.

Just win the Egg and then we?ll figure out the rest.

Best post tonight. Well said.

DeputyDawg94
11-24-2019, 09:32 AM
The problem tonight was mainly our wide receivers dropping balls. Stevens is very average but Shrader is not a good throwing quarterback yet and we have zero chance of beating Ole Miss if Shrader plays. He is a 1 read and take off quarterback right now. That is fine against Abilene. It will not work Thursday. Tommy is not very good, but he gives us our best chance to win Thursday.
Fitz beat em twice like this and would have been 3 times if the dirty SOBs hadn’t put a bounty on his ankle. If GS, Hill and Gibson take over it’s the only way State wins. The receivers can’t catch enough balls to be a big help no matter which Qb is throwing to them.

msstate7
11-24-2019, 09:38 AM
Fitz beat em twice like this and would have been 3 times if the dirty SOBs hadn’t put a bounty on his ankle. If GS, Hill and Gibson take over it’s the only way State wins. The receivers can’t catch enough balls to be a big help no matter which Qb is throwing to them.

They have the dynamic running qb now

BogeyGolfer
11-24-2019, 09:41 AM
I must admit, I was fully prepared to write this post tonight & put GIFs in it of how bad we are. I fully prepared to just make a funny, comedic game review so that we can all laugh & wallow in our misery with this coaching staff.

However, I see glimpses of us having the pieces & parts to be a solid football team but we are coached by an absolute buffoon that has no idea how to use them.

Not many thoughts tonight other than the obvious missed tackles, dropped balls, etc.

However, this tweet sums up my thoughts. If Garrett Shrader starts Thursday night, MSU wins. If Stevens starts & plays the entire game, OM wins by double digits.

Is Joe really going risk losing his job by not playing the guy that is clearly the better QB? I'm just at a complete loss of this point of why Garrett Shrader is not the starting QB of this team.

Put him in Napier or Satterfield's offense & he's a Heisman contender

OM will win by 14-21 points....It sucks but it's true...

ShotgunDawg
11-24-2019, 09:45 AM
OM will win by 14-21 points....It sucks but it's true...

And we'll have a new coach by Monday next week.

Jarius
11-24-2019, 10:06 AM

TS is just as good of a runner as Shrader is....he ran for over 100 last night I believe. He could have done the 1 read and take off just like Shrader but it was obvious that they were trying to get the passing game tuned up last night. It did not work because Guidry is complete trash and stevens is mediocre, but that was the plan. Stevens gives us the best chance to win Thursday, but neither one is going to win.

the_real_MSU_is_us
11-24-2019, 10:15 AM
TS is just as good of a runner as Shrader is....he ran for over 100 last night I believe. He could have done the 1 read and take off just like Shrader but it was obvious that they were trying to get the passing game tuned up last night. It did not work because Guidry is complete trash and stevens is mediocre, but that was the plan. Stevens gives us the best chance to win Thursday, but neither one is going to win.

What game did you watch? Stevens threw 3 balls that should have been INTs. Not DBs dove and got a hand on it but didn't catch it ,I'm talking literally in their chest. But he's a better passer than Shrader? We had a man wide open down the sideline and Stevens throw it 10 yards too far, could Shrader have done worse? I saw zero throws or reads that Shrader couldn't make last night.

And when we put Shrader in, the O moved far better. Same as TN, same as KSU, same as many games this year. There's simply no evidence Stevens is better than Shrader unless you want to hold the ULL ad USM games above the last 6