11-23-2019, 10:33 PM
Win or not. This is embarrassing.

Cowbell
11-23-2019, 10:33 PM
Nm

Please explain. Please.

DownwardDawg
11-23-2019, 10:34 PM
This is the showing I was hoping for. Egg bowl won’t matter after this.

BogeyGolfer
11-23-2019, 10:38 PM
" Real knowledge is to know the state of one's ignorance"--Confucius ...not Joe

dawgday166
11-23-2019, 10:40 PM
Bogey ... you smart guy haha.

RougeDawg
11-24-2019, 12:59 AM
I can say with confidence from sources that have been correct from tutorgate to Scamgate. The people of influence have been unhappy since last November. This year only solidified their feelings. Some wanted to cut bait last year, because they saw the obvious. This year was expected. Hopefully they follow through with the consensus opinion and send the SloMo the clown circus down the tracks to the next town.

DogsofAnarchy
11-24-2019, 01:26 AM
I can say with confidence from sources that have been correct from tutorgate to Scamgate. The people of influence have been unhappy since last November. This year only solidified their feelings. Some wanted to cut bait last year, because they saw the obvious. This year was expected. Hopefully they follow through with the consensus opinion and send the SloMo the clown circus down the tracks to the next town.

I have literally not talked to a single DAWG that believes JoMo can fix the shit he started.

R2Dawg
11-24-2019, 09:48 AM
Win or not. This is embarrassing.

But we won 45-7 and look at the stats and the improvement.

timotheus
11-24-2019, 01:14 PM

I was told the exact thing as we were leaving Knoxville earlier this season. I am sitting back and waiting.

War Machine Dawg
11-24-2019, 03:37 PM

I was ridiculed last year when I said that I thought 8-5 should get JoeMo fired. If he couldn't go 11-2 with last year's team, he was never going to win at this level.

I seen it dawg
11-24-2019, 04:12 PM
This a Rick Ray/howland situation. Got the guy lined up with a resume already and quickly will pull the trigger. Regardless of outcome.

Ari Gold
11-24-2019, 04:13 PM
This a Rick Ray/howland situation. Got the guy lined up with a resume already and quickly will pull the trigger. Regardless of outcome.

Major smoke...

Coursesuper
11-24-2019, 04:16 PM
Major smoke...

Yep

Commercecomet24
11-24-2019, 04:19 PM

Yep it's starting to heat up.

bulldog20
11-24-2019, 04:44 PM
PM on name anyone?

I seen it dawg
11-24-2019, 05:00 PM
Hate to say it but speculation is Chizdik

Quaoarsking
11-24-2019, 05:06 PM
#Cool

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/0b/Gene_Chizik_-_2018_SEC_Summerfest.jpg/800px-Gene_Chizik_-_2018_SEC_Summerfest.jpg

cheewgumm
11-24-2019, 05:06 PM
Czichk!?!?!??

If so, what an absolute horrible choice. I can?t even fathom they would do that.

That?s not a Howland situation. Unbelievably bad.

Ari Gold
11-24-2019, 05:10 PM
Czichk!?!?!??

If so, what an absolute horrible choice. I can?t even fathom they would do that.

That?s not a Howland situation. Unbelievably bad.

The guy has won a natty..

He isn’t coaching at the time
No buyout to worry about
He gets to get his staff together
He can be hired right after the EB if he is

It may not be the coach you want or some want , but it’s just like the Howland hire in those regards and that what ISID was referring to

TNDawg35
11-24-2019, 05:15 PM
I would be ok if it’s a “Coach O” type hire. But that’s not who I am hearing...

Ari Gold
11-24-2019, 05:15 PM
No need for everyone to go ****ing nuclear , this may all be a bunch of nothing but y’all wanted smoke .. there ya go..!!

OLJWales
11-24-2019, 05:16 PM

No buyout to worry about

It may not be the coach you want or some want , but it’s just like the Howland hire in those regards and that what ISID was referring to

I'd rather keep Joe than hire Gene for obvious reasons. I or anybody else coulda coached that AU team to a Natty. He fell flat on his ass with tons of resources at his disposal. no sir. He would come to the table with 3/4 of his belly already full. We need younger & hungrier. Same goes for Les Miles. NO.

War Machine Dawg
11-24-2019, 05:25 PM
Chizik? Ugh, gross. Mullen wins the natty in '10 if he gets Cam. That was literally the only difference in our teams that year. Holy shit I hope that isn't true.

That said, he may have the itch again and want to prove he wasn't a failure. Still, he wouldn't be anywhere near my list. I'd rather gamble on Hud than hire Chizik. And Hud is my "break glass in case of emergency" option.

Ari Gold
11-24-2019, 05:31 PM
I know you guys probably can't put it out there publicly because we might have another Chris Petersen situation. But would one of you mind DM-ing me the info? Genuinely interested to hear who this "football Howland" might be.

It’s out.. and how it’s all going down if true is similar to how it went down with Ben ...
Also ..
Both were not working at the time
Both coached at major schools
Both have won and won big .. body of work is different but still

That’s the similarities..

msugolf
11-24-2019, 06:03 PM
I'd rather keep Joe than hire Gene for obvious reasons. I or anybody else coulda coached that AU team to a Natty. He fell flat on his ass with tons of resources at his disposal. no sir. He would come to the table with 3/4 of his belly already full. We need younger & hungrier. Same goes for Les Miles. NO.

If we hire this bum then this university will never receive another cent from me. That being said I doubt this is true.

Tbonewannabe
11-24-2019, 06:35 PM
It?s out.. and how it?s all going down if true is similar to how it went down with Ben ...
Also ..
Both were not working at the time
Both coached at major schools
Both have won and won big .. body of work is different but still

That?s the similarities..
I would debate that he has won big. Yes he won a title but it had more to do with Malzahn and Cam. He went down the shitter when Malzahn left. He was shit at Iowa State also.

I would prefer Hud and he is down the list of names I would want.

BuckyIsAB****
11-24-2019, 07:09 PM

No buyout to worry about

Man I normally agree with 99 percent of what you post but ho lee shite. I am so far gone on Chizik idk how anyone could possibly think this is a good hire. He may be our best coach ever but there is no way you can look at it objectively and say he will work here. I dont believe a word of it personally. There's no way

Ari Gold
11-24-2019, 07:20 PM
Man I normally agree with 99 percent of what you post but ho lee shite. I am so far gone on Chizik idk how anyone could possibly think this is a good hire. He may be our best coach ever but there is no way you can look at it objectively and say he will work here. I dont believe a word of it personally. There's no way

I didn’t say I think it’s a great hire.
Just saying that it’s similar like ISID said to the Howland hiring. If it goes down

And no one has said it was for sure happening... just a lot of noise from guys on here that more times than not have good intel.

BuckyIsAB****
11-24-2019, 07:47 PM
Just saying that it’s similar like ISID said to the Howland hiring. If it goes down

And no one has said it was for sure happening... just a lot of noise from guys on here that more times than not have good intel.

Moorhead was great on paper and flopped. Heres hoping...God forbid but heres hoping that he sucks on paper and is the best coach in Mississippi State history if this is true.

TALL DAWG
11-25-2019, 08:51 AM
If we hire this bum then this university will never receive another cent from me. That being said I doubt this is true.

This Bum as u call him would be a lot better than Sloppy Joe.
And, he has actually ran an SEC program before.

Covercorner2
11-25-2019, 10:13 AM

Yea- ran the SEC program into the ground....

msstate7
11-25-2019, 10:15 AM
Delete

Johnson85
11-25-2019, 10:36 AM

Why do you think he would be better than Moorhead?

Chizik went 3-9 and 2-10 at Iowa State before going to Auburn and going 8-5 (3-5), 14-0 (with a generationally talented rented mule), 8-5 (4-4) and 3-9 (0-8). I don't see any reason to think he'd be worse than Moorhead, and if you were looking to hire between the two, sure, take Chizik, but you don't pay Moorhead $9M to not coach and then go hire Chizik. If you're already on the hook for $9M to Moorhead, you don't eat that cost to go pay Chizik $3M a year to coach.

msstate7
11-25-2019, 10:38 AM

Chizik went 3-9 and 2-10 at Iowa State before going to Auburn and going 8-5 (3-5), 14-0 (with a generationally talented rented mule), 8-5 (4-4) and 3-9 (0-8). I don't see any reason to think he'd be worse than Moorhead, and if you were looking to hire between the two, sure, take Chizik, but you don't pay Moorhead $9M to not coach and then go hire Chizik. If you're already on the hook for $9M to Moorhead, you don't eat that cost to go pay Chizik $3M a year to coach.

Moorhead has a 9 million buy out?!!!

RiverCityDawg
11-25-2019, 10:42 AM

Similar in mechanics to how the replacement would happen, but Chizik and Howland have completely different resumes. Chizik has sucked as a head coach everywhere he has been except one year with Cam Newton. Howland has won and sustained it everywhere he has been. Even at the end of the UCLA tenure he was winning. Proven winner versus proven loser.

Coursesuper
11-25-2019, 10:46 AM
Similar in mechanics to how the replacement would happen, but Chizik and Howland have completely different resumes. Chizik has sucked as a head coach everywhere he has been except one year with Cam Newton. Howland has won and sustained it everywhere he has been. Even at the end of the UCLA tenure he was winning. Proven winner versus proven loser.

" We Want A Leader Not A Loser"!!!!!! Anyone remember that one?

bobcat91
11-25-2019, 10:49 AM
Maybe this is one of those famous trial balloons the AD office sends out through Coach 34. It doesnt seem to be going well.

KB21
11-25-2019, 10:50 AM
Here’s one similarity with Howland that I see. If we hire Chizik over Hudspeth, it will be just like hiring Howland over Kermit Davis.

Johnson85
11-25-2019, 12:13 PM
Moorhead has a 9 million buy out?!!!

Supposedly his buyout is his full salary. That seems absolutely insane to me and extending him after last year and also keeping his buyout at the full amount seems like the one thing I've heard that, if true, you can absolutely blame COhen for, but supposedly he still has the lowest buyout in the SEC b/c of his lower salary and the contract being limited to 4 years. That argument makes perfect sense for why we would give a full guarantee with the initial contract or with an extension where the coach is coming off a good performance. Doing that for Moorhead last year seems inexcusable though. If I were going to make a devil's advocate argument for it though, I would say you still don't know what you have with Moorhead after last year, and if you hammer him hard on the buyout and basically give him the message that he has three years remaining, you show a lack of faith/loyalty to him such that if he does turn it around, it makes it much more likely that he leaves at the first opportunity because everywhere else can give him more than a four year contract.

NCDawg
11-25-2019, 12:19 PM
Here?s one similarity with Howland that I see. If we hire Chizik over Hudspeth, it will be just like hiring Howland over Kermit Davis.

I beg to differ. It will be a hell of a lot worse.

MSU 1984
11-26-2019, 01:15 PM
@ESPNRittenberg tweeting that Moorhead's job is unexpectedly tenuous this weekend. Is word leaking out or just stating the obvious?

Todd4State
11-26-2019, 03:23 PM
@ESPNRittenberg tweeting that Moorhead's job is unexpectedly tenuous this weekend. Is word leaking out or just stating the obvious?

But Bo Bounds hasn’t said anything!**

OLJWales
11-26-2019, 08:56 PM
If I were Joe, I'd be hitting OM with something they're not expecting. I'd be going full blitzkrieg on their ass. Even if I knew my goose was already cooked, I'd do it as a "fk you" on the way out or open up an opportunity elsewhere. He's got more to lose or gain here than Luke who already has 2020 locked up.

DLGDawg
11-26-2019, 09:24 PM

Remember the greeting Chizik got at the airport for AU fans. 😂😂