PDA

View Full Version : Our talent level is just bad

Irondawg
11-23-2019, 09:39 PM
It?s clear that we just don?t have horses regardless of coaches

dawgday166
11-23-2019, 09:40 PM
LOL ... right. We ain't got Bama or LSU horses but we ain't this bad either.

CoachT14
11-23-2019, 09:41 PM
Man. This isn't a talent issue.

Cooterpoot
11-23-2019, 09:41 PM
Our coaching talent is nonexistent

Cowbell
11-23-2019, 09:42 PM
You misspelled effort

timotheus
11-23-2019, 09:42 PM
they aren't afraid of nor do they respect the coaches. If they did, they would exhibit some enthusiasm.

Commercecomet24
11-23-2019, 09:44 PM
Our coaching talent is nonexistent

This.

TaleofTwoDogs
11-23-2019, 09:45 PM
^^THIS^^

It's either there or not. I believe it's the latter. We have the heaviest OL in the league but also probably the weakest from a S&C prospective.

timotheus
11-23-2019, 09:47 PM
more fats to sprain

Maroonthirteen
11-23-2019, 09:47 PM
I agree. No speed on defense. None.

No playmakers at WR. A QB that can’t see the field, watching the rush.

When these hayseeds get Gruden for HC and Marino for QB coach next year, they’ll be disappointed again.

Tbonewannabe
11-23-2019, 09:51 PM

When these hayseeds get Gruden for HC and Marino for QB coach next year, they’ll be disappointed again.

Strange that all this shit talent was projected by ESPN for 8-9 wins. You probably think that we maximized our wins with last year's mediocre talent.

MetEdDawg
11-23-2019, 09:53 PM
It's all of it folks. A ton of folks said this was a 6-7 win team. We have the talent of a 6-7 win team.

Problem is we have a coaching staff and head coach that doesn't elevate us at all. But let's be clear. We don't have anywhere close to the talent the upper middle tier has. We are clearly better than the cellar of the SEC. But numbers 4-8 in the conference are way the hell better than us and that wasn't the case most of the time under Mullen.

dawgday166
11-23-2019, 09:54 PM

Your alter-ego 007?

msstate7
11-23-2019, 09:57 PM
I think the excuse makers in this thread would be pleasantly surprised next season if this subpar talented team had a competent coach

CoachT14
11-23-2019, 10:01 PM
I think the excuse makers in this thread would be pleasantly surprised next season if this subpar talented team had a competent coach

Extremely. We do what needs to happen and hire Norvell, Napier, Clark, Hud, etc and this team is completely different next season. I can guarantee that we will be much more prepared and give more effort with any of those guys, just from watching their current teams.

Commercecomet24
11-23-2019, 10:06 PM

You are correct sir. We have plenty of talent to win 6-9 games every year with a competent coaching staff.

Irondawg
11-23-2019, 10:07 PM
When you play a FCS team coaching doesn't matter as much - you should straight up be better than the man opposite you if you're an SEC player. We can't cover their receivers, our DL can't whip their DL, our OL is not totally dominating their DL, or WR aren't getting open very much. We simply are NOT winning 1:1 much anywhere. Call it coaching, call it S&C issues, but we simply look like crap a ton.

If you took the names of the jerseys off would you think this was an SEC team vs a FCS team?

Doggie_Style
11-23-2019, 10:10 PM

Truth!

CoachT14
11-23-2019, 10:11 PM
When you play a FCS team coaching doesn't matter as much - you should straight up be better than the man opposite you if you're an SEC player. We can't cover their receivers, our DL can't whip their DL, our OL is not totally dominating their DL, or WR aren't getting open very much. We simply are NOT winning 1:1 much anywhere. Call it coaching, call it S&C issues, but we simply look like crap a ton.

If you took the names of the jerseys off would you think this was an SEC team vs a FCS team?

You obviously don't realize how easily bad coaching and S&C can make decent teams look extremely bad. It'd be one thing if they were just calling their own plays, yeah you're scenario works. But not here.

dawgday166
11-23-2019, 10:11 PM

Just going thru the motions dude ... just going thru the motions.

Maroonthirteen
11-23-2019, 10:20 PM
You are correct sir. We have plenty of talent to win 6-9 games every year with a competent coaching staff.

If the fans, players and coaches hadn’t quit, we would get to 6.

Commercecomet24
11-23-2019, 10:21 PM
Just going thru the motions dude ... just going thru the motions.

Yep. Just a team playing out the string with no inspiration or desire. Nothing to do with talent level all to do with lack of coaching and motivation from the coaching staff

Commercecomet24
11-23-2019, 10:24 PM
If the fans, players and coaches hadn?t quit, we would get to 6.

Agree on the players and coaches part, fans not so much.

CoachT14
11-23-2019, 10:25 PM

Have virtually no effect on the other two. The fans have been there all year for the most part except for this game.

DogsofAnarchy
11-23-2019, 10:34 PM

You are incorrect. We have NO discipline, no S&C at all and it is killing us.

MetEdDawg
11-23-2019, 10:37 PM
You are incorrect. We have NO discipline, no S&C at all and it is killing us.

No he's correct. Go compare our group of WRs to the rest in the conference. How about our DL? Secondary? None of those units as they look now are top half of he SEC even with good coaching. Having bad coaching makes it worse but those units aren't mid tier in the conference period.

Irondawg
11-23-2019, 10:41 PM
No he's correct. Go compare our group of WRs to the rest in the conference. How about our DL? Secondary? None of those units as they look now are top half of he SEC even with good coaching. Having bad coaching makes it worse but those units aren't mid tier in the conference period.

Exactly. Hhow many times have you seen a WR of ours make a catch then just make a play that's based on pure talent where he makes a guy miss and gets YAC. I bet we're last in the conference in YAC unless Vandy is worse. In almost every other game I watch the WR look better than ours. I'm not trying to make excuses for the coaches - it's bad - but we're sorely lacking in talent in a few key areas to properly compete in our league.

MetEdDawg
11-23-2019, 10:49 PM
Exactly. Hhow many times have you seen a WR of ours make a catch then just make a play that's based on pure talent where he makes a guy miss and gets YAC. I bet we're last in the conference in YAC unless Vandy is worse. In almost every other game I watch the WR look better than ours. I'm not trying to make excuses for the coaches - it's bad - but we're sorely lacking in talent in a few key areas to properly compete in our league.

We've got too many people that just want to blame Moorhead 100% because they are pissed. He gets a lot of blame sure. But we are young and lacking in talent and experience at some positions on the team. And guess what? No matter who we bring in, WR is going to be pretty awful. Secondary will be iffy too.

Tbonewannabe
11-23-2019, 10:52 PM

So Zuber kicks ass in the Big 12 but now doesn't have talent to compete with ACU? Those Dline are mostly 4 star recruits and Rivers had a higher pressure rate than Sweat. So now he doesn't have talent?

Look, we don't have Bama or LSU talent but we damn sure have as much or more than UT, UK, Mizzou, UM, SC, and Vandy. This is purely an excuse for shitty coaching and leadership. A new coach can win 6-8 next year but I am sure Joe can get us to 4.

dawgday166
11-23-2019, 10:54 PM
So Zuber kicks ass in the Big 12 but now doesn't have talent to compete with ACU? Those Dline are mostly 4 star recruits and Rivers had a higher pressure rate than Sweat. So now he doesn't have talent?

Look, we don't have Bama or LSU talent but we damn sure have as much or more than UT, UK, Mizzou, UM, SC, and Vandy. This is purely an excuse for shitty coaching and leadership. A new coach can win 6-8 next year but I am sure Joe can get us to 4.

It's useless arguing with anyone still wanting to give Joe any excuses.

MetEdDawg
11-23-2019, 10:57 PM
It's useless arguing with anyone still wanting to give Joe any excuses.

See this is the problem. Not a single freaking person gave Moorhead an excuse. None. Saying we don't have middle tier talent at some positions after saying Moorhead is mostly to blame isn't giving Joe a pass.

Some of you go full on stupid when it gets time to look for a HC. Can't even have a civilized conversation. It's either all Joe 100% or you support Joe and defend him. How stupid is that?

Commercecomet24
11-23-2019, 10:57 PM

Very well said. This team is talented enough to win 6-9 every freaking year. Heck we may win 6 this year(though I doubt it). Competent coaching and not losing 10 players to suspension and this team wins 6-7 for sure.

MetEdDawg
11-23-2019, 10:58 PM

I literally said "having bad coaching makes it worse". So you took that as me defending Joe and giving him an excuse?

I would like to know how you went to me excusing him after I said we have bad coaching.

Additionally, comparing Sweat and Rivers is reaching at best. You compared one person. On a team of 85. Try harder next time.

msstate7
11-23-2019, 10:59 PM
Very well said. This team is talented enough to win 6-9 every freaking year. Heck we may win 6 this year(though I doubt it). Competent coaching and not losing 10 players to suspension and this team wins 6-7 for sure.

Nah, zero talent... none of this is on joe! Joe is not the problem! Talent, fans, weather, game times, or combo of all, but not joe... not joe

Tbonewannabe
11-23-2019, 11:02 PM
I literally said "having bad coaching makes it worse". So you took that as me defending Joe and giving him an excuse?

I would like to know how you went to me excusing him after I said we have bad coaching.

Maybe I misunderstood what you were saying. Sorry if that was the case.

Commercecomet24
11-23-2019, 11:06 PM
Nah, zero talent... none of this is on joe! Joe is not the problem! Talent, fans, weather, game times, or combo of all, but not joe... not joe

Mullen did not leave the cupboard bare. He left us with a dang good roster and last years recruiting class was good. It's similar talent to what we've had the last 10 years. What's the difference now as opposed to when Dan was here? Coaching! Mullen got the most out of his roster, Joe hasn't. Not rocket science.

dawgday166
11-23-2019, 11:06 PM
See this is the problem. Not a single freaking person gave Moorhead an excuse. None. Saying we don't have middle tier talent at some positions after saying Moorhead is mostly to blame isn't giving Joe a pass.

Some of you go full on stupid when it gets time to look for a HC. Can't even have a civilized conversation. It's either all Joe 100% or you support Joe and defend him. How stupid is that?

Ok ... I'll grant we have some young talent. Now we don't have LSU or Bama talent. Probably not AU or TAM but closer. And Shoop's secondary is depleted too with injuries and what not. On O tho, first you don't keep starting someone who can't catch a cold. Our Oline should be much better than they have been. If Hill won't block start Witherspoon. Don't know but I'm guessing his RS may be gone (hope not).

But when you don't work them hard, coach them hard, and work hard on good game plans you get about 70% of what they're capable of. Not real sure on the percentage but just taking a wag. I know it's significantly less than 100% tho.

Personally, I cannot see one area of the program outside of recruiting that is going well. And the verdict is still out on that this year. Last year we needed some LBs and RBs and came up short. We seriously deficient in RBs next year. Class wasn't evened out that well at all IMO.

Homedawg
11-23-2019, 11:11 PM

Oh so it's MY fault?? F that. I quit because he sucks. Ill be there thurs Bc I hate ole miss. But don't blame the fans pal. We've been there. He made me leave Bc he is incompetent!!!

Todd4State
11-24-2019, 02:28 AM
Some of the problem is he isn’t playing the best players. Start Shrader, Payton, and Dontae Jones and that in and of itself would help the offense out. Heck start Zuber or even Austin Williams is better than Guidry. Malik Dear has been wasted this year too even after being productive against Kentucky at running back.

RougeDawg
11-24-2019, 02:46 AM
I can name about 80 other college programs in the country that would trade our talent for theirs yesterday. Talent is there. Coaching talent is not.

Why is this so difficult to comprehend? I means it?s a little above coloring book level cognitive thinking, but anyone with the ability to access the Internet and navigate said internet to a message board should be able to figure this out for themselves.

MetEdDawg
11-24-2019, 07:02 AM
I can name about 80 other college programs in the country that would trade our talent for theirs yesterday. Talent is there. Coaching talent is not.

Why is this so difficult to comprehend? I means it?s a little above coloring book level cognitive thinking, but anyone with the ability to access the Internet and navigate said internet to a message board should be able to figure this out for themselves.

Those 80 you mention? Yeah no one cares about them because we don't compete against them. The other 50 or so? Yeah there's probably 7-8 in the SEC that we actually care about. And some of our talent doesn't match up to them.

Why is that so difficult to comprehend? People that compare us to teams we don't compete against don't get the big picture. We are competing with the Mountain West or the Sun Belt. So of course they would want our roster. We compete in the SEC. and more than half the teams in the conference wouldn't trade rosters with us.

confucius say
11-24-2019, 08:41 AM

Well if we win Thursday, thats 6.

confucius say
11-24-2019, 08:47 AM
Agree on the players and coaches part, fans not so much.

We still have a shot at 6 and fans on here are actively rooting for us to lose. So yes, whether they should or not, fans quit too.

confucius say
11-24-2019, 08:51 AM

You cant rely on recruiting rankings to support your first paragraph and then totally ignore those same rankings in your second paragraph by stating we have more talent than TN and USCe.

confucius say
11-24-2019, 08:55 AM
Mullen did not leave the cupboard bare. He left us with a dang good roster and last years recruiting class was good. It's similar talent to what we've had the last 10 years. What's the difference now as opposed to when Dan was here? Coaching! Mullen got the most out of his roster, Joe hasn't. Not rocket science.

Agree. And that?s why if joe gets to 6-6, same or better as Dan did 4 years, I just do not see us firing him.

dawgday166
11-24-2019, 09:02 AM
You cant rely on recruiting rankings to support your first paragraph and then totally ignore those same rankings in your second paragraph by stating we have more talent than TN and USCe.

We need a coach who can do more with less and Joe has proven he does less with more. Recruiting rankings mean nothing with Jrs and Srs. Recruiting rankings are not written in stone and delivered when Moses descends from Mount Sinai.

BrunswickDawg
11-24-2019, 09:06 AM
Witherspoon has played in almost every game

R2Dawg
11-24-2019, 09:06 AM
Man. This isn't a talent issue.

JWS said it back in the day; everyone has big fast players. What you do with them is what determines the outcome. We have talent. Bad coaching can run our talent in the ground which is exactly what has happened.

R2Dawg
11-24-2019, 09:08 AM
Nm

Hate he didn't get a RS. Wasted a year on him. Shrader as well.

BrunswickDawg
11-24-2019, 09:15 AM
Hate he didn't get a RS. Wasted a year on him. Shrader as well.

IT is what it is. I get we need 3 RBs - but it's like some other players on the roster don't even exist anymore. As little as he has actually carried the ball, why not play him in 4, make Dear the emergency RB, or play Robert Rivers (who was good enough to play ST and get some garbage time last year but hasn't seen the field other than USM?). I just don't get it

dawgday166
11-24-2019, 09:18 AM
IT is what it is. I get we need 3 RBs - but it's like some other players on the roster don't even exist anymore. As little as he has actually carried the ball, why not play him in 4, make Dear the emergency RB, or play Robert Rivers (who was good enough to play ST and get some garbage time last year but hasn't seen the field other than USM?). I just don't get it

Just another area Joe screws up and that's his redshirt plan.

confucius say
11-24-2019, 09:23 AM
Some of the problem is he isn’t playing the best players. Start Shrader, Payton, and Dontae Jones and that in and of itself would help the offense out. Heck start Zuber or even Austin Williams is better than Guidry. Malik Dear has been wasted this year too even after being productive against Kentucky at running back.

Jones and Spivey have a skill set that is not being used at all.

Cooterpoot
11-24-2019, 09:27 AM
Jo is completely lost on player rotation. He goes with his guys and that’s it. He’d need a timeout if he ever decided to make personnel changes.

dawgday166
11-24-2019, 09:43 AM
Jo is completely lost on player rotation. He goes with his guys and that’s it. He’d need a timeout if he ever decided to make personnel changes.

I've hated that from day 1. Playing your best 11 whole game with almost no rotations. Are we still in the 1960s? He does seem to be subbing some now and more than he did to begin with.

ETA: Not only that how do younger guys gain experience doing that.

JohnHenryBonham
11-24-2019, 09:48 AM

Not to run this offense. We don?t have a WR who would start for another SEC program outside of Vanderbilt. Football team also has an IQ level slightly below our fans?. Yeah I said it C34.

Ari Gold
11-24-2019, 10:55 AM
The DL talent dropped and we are very young there .. and Safety dropped ... ( Simmons Sweat and Abram )
Other than those positions it?s basically the same talent that was on last years team

Yes Willie, Autry, and Murphy with tutor gate hurt.
But there was enough talent on This team to win 8 games. At worse 7

msstate7
11-24-2019, 11:06 AM
The DL talent dropped and we are very young there .. and Safety dropped ... ( Simmons Sweat and Abram )
Other than those positions it?s basically the same talent that was on last years team

Yes Willie, Autry, and Murphy with tutor gate hurt.
But there was enough talent on This team to win 8 games. At worse 7

Joe underachieved last year, and he's underachieving this year. Fitz took the fall last year, and this year apparently the whole team will be blamed.

Cooterpoot
11-24-2019, 11:09 AM
We still have a shot at 6 and fans on here are actively rooting for us to lose. So yes, whether they should or not, fans quit too.

And 6 wins is the floor after a disappointing season last year. Two straight years underachieving is a problem.

Cooterpoot
11-24-2019, 11:12 AM
Not to run this offense. We don?t have a WR who would start for another SEC program outside of Vanderbilt. Football team also has an IQ level slightly below our fans?. Yeah I said it C34.

This offense will never work here. We can’t recruit at elite levels and it requires high IQ, elite talent. Even then it’s a marginal scheme if you look at Penn State. Clemson dropped a similar scheme earlier this year because they couldn’t run it either.

OLJWales
11-24-2019, 12:50 PM
I don't see how anyone comes to the conclusion that a lack of talent is the reason for the debacle we are seeing. We have top 25-30 talent and are playing at a top 55-60 level.

Last year out of UK, UF, LSU & the bowl game should have easily produced 2 more wins, maybe 3. And yes, I'm including last year's LSU game. Against D's with a pulse, our offense looked like a moose trying to impregnate a washing machine and that is still the case this year. Anything resembling a mediocre offensive coach should have netted us 10-11 wins last year with what was arguably our most talented and competent defense we've ever fielded.

We've looked like complete shit this year including our wins outside AR. We should be looking for our 8th win Thur with an easy egg bowl victory over a 4-7 OM team on our own fking field but no, that's not the case. Talent is useless if it has no competent S&C program with no off season training requirements. Throw in a coach confused as to who should QB and this is whatcha got.