PDA

View Full Version : Tupelo paper going "paywall" Friday

bully99
10-28-2013, 04:08 PM
It doesn't affect me because I seldom read it. How many of you pay to read a newspaper online. Me...none

BeastMan
10-28-2013, 04:10 PM
If it's like the CL paywall it will basically still be free

Op4isabitch
10-28-2013, 04:10 PM
Good, they suck and even less people will read their junk. Their Sports Editor John L Pitts is a rebel homer but always claims that his department is fair! B.S.

I do like Logan, so I hope the best for him.

Jsndawg
10-28-2013, 04:18 PM
Tupelo High football beat Desoto Central Friday night to go to 8-1 overall. First time in a long time tupelo has had 8 wins.
Saturday morning the Daily Journal puts Faulkner and Smithville on the front of the sports section and buried Tupelo on page 4.
I say a big 17 you to the tupelo daily journal and don't care if the go out of business.

drunkernhelldawg
10-28-2013, 04:22 PM
I pay for the Sun Herald e-edition. 6.95 a month and well worth the price. Philosophically, I believe that readers should pay for content. If it's all advertiser supported, then how do the advertisers not eventually call the editorial shots? We already suffer from a dearth of media in Mississippi, so we often find out about important state and local government decisions after the fact. If we're ever to progress in this state, we need a culture in which the citizens are informed. Unfortunately, I doubt that will happen. The politicians are more than happy to continue profiting from the secret government. Even the state supreme court is stacked with politicians. If somebody were to care about government waste and corruption, state and local are the places to look.

BeastMan
10-28-2013, 04:26 PM
Good, they suck and even less people will read their junk. Their Sports Editor John L Pitts is a rebel homer but always claims that his department is fair! B.S.

I do like Logan, so I hope the best for him.

Unless I'm completely confused, I think he went to State

Op4isabitch
10-28-2013, 05:54 PM
Unless I'm completely confused, I think he went to State

Nope he graduated from MTSU. Have no doubt he is aligned with the rebearsharks. He is as unbiased as Louis Farrakhan!

hacker
10-28-2013, 09:08 PM
good luck with that shit.

who's gonna pay money to read the Tupelo online newspaper?