PDA

View Full Version : Texas A&M 8-4

HoopsDawg
11-23-2019, 07:05 PM
With 4 quality losses. Wonder what Oregon would be with the same schedule. I'm thinking 8-4. CFB is a joke. Can't wait to watch this Abeline Christian game.

Scared_Hitless
11-23-2019, 07:07 PM
7-5 their schedule was brutal and they competed in every game. Predicting another loss to LsU next week

BrunswickDawg
11-23-2019, 07:09 PM
With 4 quality losses. Wonder what Oregon would be with the same schedule. I'm thinking 8-4. CFB is a joke. Can't wait to watch this Abeline Christian game.

They are 7-4 not 8-4, and will have another "quality loss" next weekend against LSU to end 7-5.

Homedawg
11-23-2019, 07:14 PM
They will have played 3 teams that were ranked number one. Another that was ranked 4. Then yet another that was 8 when they played them. It's brutal. Guaranteed just about to play at least 2 playoff teams. But we have a tougher schedule.... whatever. Which may be because we don't get to play ourselves. They get punished for playing our shitty ass....

RocketDawg
11-23-2019, 07:14 PM
They are 7-4 not 8-4, and will have another "quality loss" next weekend against LSU to end 7-5.

Unlike Clemson, they've actually played against some ranked opponents. Yes, I realize they played Clemson and lost, but I don't see how Clemson can be a Playoff team without having played and beaten end-of-the-season ranked opponents. Maybe they won't be. Alabama will probably scoot back in over them.

Quaoarsking
11-23-2019, 07:18 PM
Solution: Merge the ACC and SEC, merge the Big 10 and Pac-12, divide the Big 12 between the two and anyone else who belongs, and just have 2 really big conferences. Base the playoffs on divisional standings like the NFL and don't have a committee anymore.

BrunswickDawg
11-23-2019, 07:28 PM
Unlike Clemson, they've actually played against some ranked opponents. Yes, I realize they played Clemson and lost, but I don't see how Clemson can be a Playoff team without having played and beaten end-of-the-season ranked opponents. Maybe they won't be. Alabama will probably scoot back in over them.

This isn't directed to you specifically - but It's funny to me how we will have posters on this board be all Gaga about what A&M has done, but will flip around and say things like "a loss is a loss, there are no moral victories" - especially if they are applying it to us. Hell, we have people discount our 3 straight top 10 wins in '14 because "none of those teams should have been ranked that high". A&M played a typical SECW schedule - just like every year and had similar results to what they do every year. It was somewhat luck of the draw that Clemson, Bama, and LSU were all #1 at the time.

msstate7
11-23-2019, 07:31 PM
Bama loses tua.
LSU loses burrow
aTm loses Georgia and Clemson on the schedule.

I think aTm will challenge for the west next season.

RougeDawg
11-23-2019, 07:35 PM
Let me repeat for the 50,000th time. A&M is a 7-9 win team every year they do not have a once in a lifetime talent at QB like Manziel. Multiple reasons. Some of which include the style of football played in Texas high schools and big money boosters with more money than sense. A&M is a Big12 style team playing in a conference with elite defenses. Look at the Big12 PlayStation numbers. The defenses in the Big12, aside from Oklahoma, are second or third tier. It?s the style of high school football in this region of the country. Until the high school football changes, A&M will continue to be a Big12 team in a big boy defensive conference and keep doing less with more.

the_real_MSU_is_us
11-23-2019, 08:04 PM
Bama loses tua.
LSU loses burrow
aTm loses Georgia and Clemson on the schedule.

I think aTm will challenge for the west next season.

I don't know, they just don't look talented enough at any position except QB to me. I like Mond but don't see their OL or DL being solid enough yet to win the West next year. I'm also an idiot though