PDA

View Full Version : Nice win for Bill Clark today over La Tech

HoopsDawg
11-23-2019, 06:47 PM
Nm

MarketingBully
11-23-2019, 06:53 PM
He’s a great coach who will end up in the SEC sooner then later. He knows how to build programs and is a great motivator/leader. Would love to have him as our coach. Before he got to UAB, they were a constant 3-4 win team at best.

HoopsDawg
11-23-2019, 06:58 PM
He’s a great coach who will end up in the SEC sooner then later. He knows how to build programs and is a great motivator/leader. Would love to have him as our coach. Before he got to UAB, they were a constant 3-4 win team at best.

Much stronger choice than Hud, IMO.

Go after a few long shots like Satterfield. Then choose between Napier, Norvell and Clark.

MetEdDawg
11-23-2019, 07:07 PM
Arkansas would be dumb not to at least entertain him.

I think it's going to be hard for us in the lower to mid tier to find great coaches to come in. Can be a career killer. Look at Beilema, Morris, Moorhead, Mason, Butch Jones, and a few others.

If you are a hot coach, the low/mid tier of the SEC is a massive risk for you.

MarketingBully
11-23-2019, 07:23 PM
Arkansas would be dumb not to at least entertain him.

I think it's going to be hard for us in the lower to mid tier to find great coaches to come in. Can be a career killer. Look at Beilema, Morris, Moorhead, Mason, Butch Jones, and a few others.

If you are a hot coach, the low/mid tier of the SEC is a massive risk for you.

I disagree. Moorhead isn’t a head coach. Not too big a risk coming here for $3-4 million a year. Mullen used our job to get the Florida job. Stricklin saved him from himself though as he would have failed miserably at Tennessee.

MrKotter
11-23-2019, 07:30 PM
Much stronger choice than Hud, IMO.

Go after a few long shots like Satterfield. Then choose between Napier, Norvell and Clark.

I do not get the Clark love. He has never coached outside the state of Alabama and has never been a part of a program at a level higher than CUSA. The teams he game plans against a basically crap. Hopefully, he is not in consideration

Cooterpoot
11-23-2019, 08:13 PM

He will never be a HC in the SEC.

DownwardDawg
11-23-2019, 08:59 PM
He will never be a HC in the SEC.

Lmao. Is this your response to every coach that is not your choice? So who is an SEC coach that we can get? Moorehead??

Cooterpoot
11-23-2019, 09:18 PM
WTH is going to hire him? We aren’t. OM isn’t. Vandy isn’t. He’s never going to be a HC in the SEC. Sorry if you can’t understand that.

DownwardDawg
11-23-2019, 09:26 PM
WTH is going to hire him? We aren’t. OM isn’t. Vandy isn’t. He’s never going to be a HC in the SEC. Sorry if you can’t understand that.

Intelligent response. About what I expected.