PDA

View Full Version : Those Memphis State throwbacks look awesome

drummerdawg
11-23-2019, 01:27 PM
Wish we'd use our" STATE" throwbacks more often. Also, Memphis is using their version of MSU logo. Idk why we can't use a version of it ourselves for football.

Todd4State
11-23-2019, 01:28 PM
We can’t use our version of MSU because our athletic department doesn’t give a shit about what our fans want.

MedDawg
11-23-2019, 01:37 PM
Wish we'd use our" STATE" throwbacks more often. Also, Memphis is using their version of MSU logo. Idk why we can't use a version of it ourselves for football.

Love the uniforms, hate the floor. I'd rather have State's hard rubber basketball floor than that light blue mess.

drummerdawg
11-23-2019, 01:40 PM
Love the uniforms, hate the floor. I'd rather have State's hard rubber basketball floor than that light blue mess.

Yeah, that floor is pretty bad.

TheLostDawg
11-23-2019, 05:04 PM
So Nick got punished more for cheating than their player got for taking $11k? Did I read that right? Their guy does have to pay it back but he was #1 out of high school I believe so that will be a drop in the bucket and a tax right off considering it goes to charity. He can even donate it back to a charity tied with the school.

OLJWales
11-23-2019, 05:07 PM
I wished we used "STATE" all by itself more often. All of my friends who are fans of other SEC programs always refer to us as "STATE" when we talk. Would like to see if we could get that catchy brand to stick.

RougeDawg
11-23-2019, 05:08 PM
So Nick got punished more for cheating than their player got for taking $11k? Did I read that right? Their guy does have to pay it back but he was #1 out of high school I believe so that will be a drop in the bucket and a tax right off considering it goes to charity. He can even donate it back to a charity tied with the school.

Nick got punished more for the same reason all of our players and programs get punished more for doing less. Our shitty, self defeated, and outdated compliance program. We never fight for our players and teams and always self imposed more strict penalties than the ncaa would have dealt out.

Until we change the compliance department keep expecting the same. And the compliance department will not be changed until we completely clean house in the athletic department, which includes the ducks out in the lake behind the building.

TheLostDawg
11-23-2019, 05:35 PM
Nick got punished more for the same reason all of our players and programs get punished more for doing less. Our shitty, self defeated, and outdated compliance program. We never fight for our players and teams and always self imposed more strict penalties than the ncaa would have dealt out.

Until we change the compliance department keep expecting the same. And the compliance department will not be changed until we completely clean house in the athletic department, which includes the ducks out in the lake behind the building.

I guess this is why ole Miss promoted within. They know how to break rules and get away with it. The Tamu AD hire makes sense now when you look at it that way

Todd4State
11-23-2019, 05:42 PM
I guess this is why ole Miss promoted within. They know how to break rules and get away with it. The Tamu AD hire makes sense now when you look at it that way

For us it’s about keeping the same people doing their job at a mediocre level without much push back.

OLJWales
11-23-2019, 05:43 PM
Bracky to NCAA: "20 game punishment, will that be sufficient?"

NCAA: "What? , Well if you say so" "what was it that you said he did?"

Bracky: "a tutor took an online test for him"

NCAA: "thanks for informing us of that, yea, 20 games will work"

Bracky: "Are there going to be any additional penalties?"

NCAA: "Naw Bracky, we good"

AROB44
11-23-2019, 05:50 PM
We can?t use our version of MSU because our athletic department doesn?t give a shit about message board fans want.

Fixed it....

TheLostDawg
11-23-2019, 05:51 PM
Bracky to NCAA: "20 game punishment, will that be sufficient?"

NCAA: "What? , Well if you say so" "what was it that you said he did?"

Bracky: "a tutor took an online test for him"

NCAA: "thanks for informing us of that, yea, 20 games will work"

Bracky: "Are there going to be any additional penalties?"

NCAA: "Naw Bracky, we good"

Haha. This is great