PDA

View Full Version : Boring day Question for the members

parabrave
11-23-2019, 01:21 PM
If you were starting a new team and you had a choice between a dominating interior lineman say J Simmons, a dominating LB say Jack Lambert and a dominating DB say like a Ronnie Lott; who would you choose? Me I would get a dominating interior DL cause everything starts on the line with a man lie Simmons who can disrupt the entire flow of an offense/

msstate7
11-23-2019, 01:24 PM
I know the correct answer is a dlineman, but I love big time safeties. Seems like great defenses always have a stud a safety.

dantheman4248
11-23-2019, 02:14 PM
Today's game
1. CB
2. DE
3. DT
4. S
5. MLB
6. OLB / Nickel hybrid

Tbonewannabe
11-23-2019, 02:23 PM
Today's game
1. CB
2. DE
3. DT
4. S
5. MLB
6. OLB / Nickel hybrid

I would actually say DT or DE. A CB at best just locks down the other top WR. A great DT like Donald or Cox gives your DE a 1 v 1 match up along with stopping the run. Guys like that can also give you great pass rush.

ShotgunDawg
11-23-2019, 02:28 PM
I would actually say DT or DE. A CB at best just locks down the other top WR. A great DT like Donald or Cox gives your DE a 1 v 1 match up along with stopping the run. Guys like that can also give you great pass rush.

Yeah, give me the DE. He disrupts the passing game before it even happens

parabrave
11-23-2019, 02:34 PM
Yeah, give me the DE. He disrupts the passing game before it even happens

Yep I thought about adding a LT type player but with todays RPO offense a Simmons type player not only takes away the tackle to tackle run option but also make your DE alot better and takes the pressure off your LBs ala Sweat and thompson last year..

dantheman4248
11-23-2019, 02:34 PM
A top flight corner shuts down half the field, not just 1 receiver.

Who played DB for the Legion of Boom and who played DL?

parabrave
11-23-2019, 03:08 PM

Yep Deon Sanders could shut down the entire field. Ever see him tackle?

Tbonewannabe
11-23-2019, 03:20 PM

Cam Dantzler is a really good Corner but I trade him for Simmons.

dantheman4248
11-23-2019, 03:24 PM
Cam Dantzler is a really good Corner but I trade him for Simmons.

I'd rather have peak Sherman than Aaron Donald and would rather have Simmons than Dantzler. At the peak Corners have a wider gap than DL do.

dawgday166
11-23-2019, 03:32 PM
I love Lott as either CB or S. Best ever DB IMO. Take him over any others. He ended Icky Woods' career with that one lick.

The absolute most disruptive guy I've ever seen on D side of ball tho is Lawrence Taylor.

Tbonewannabe
11-23-2019, 03:40 PM
I'd rather have peak Sherman than Aaron Donald and would rather have Simmons than Dantzler. At the peak Corners have a wider gap than DL do.

A DT like Donald impacts pass and rushing offense.