PDA

View Full Version : Ohio State

Liverpooldawg
11-23-2019, 12:39 PM
This one s the first time I've watched them. They are the best team in the country, and I'm not sure it's close.

TUSK
11-23-2019, 12:41 PM
This one s the first time I've watched them. They are the best team in the country, and I'm not sure it's close.

dey good.

I wonder who the #4 Sacrificial Lamb is gonna be???

msstate7
11-23-2019, 12:41 PM
They're really good. They haven't faced a team that can match their athletes yet though. Clemson and sec champ will be able to.

KOdawg1
11-23-2019, 12:51 PM
I think Georgia is better suited to take on OSU than LSU. I think OSU would beat the breaks off Clemson.

Cooterpoot
11-23-2019, 12:57 PM
I’m not that impressed. Yeah, they’re good, but I don’t see anything that makes them much better than the other top teams. We’ll see down the road.

dawgday166
11-23-2019, 01:02 PM
Interesting stat: PSU 51st in total O and 15th in scoring O.

msstate7
11-23-2019, 01:15 PM
How stupid can you be there penn st? Everyone knew it was a fields draw.

Scared_Hitless
11-23-2019, 01:15 PM
They look very vunerable to me. Fields has a ways to go as a passer.

Scared_Hitless
11-23-2019, 01:16 PM
Obviously they have an SEC team level worth of talent in the Big 10. If they play Clemson would be a battle.

Cooterpoot
11-23-2019, 01:18 PM
Penn State would be a 4th place team in the SEC West.

msstate7
11-23-2019, 01:20 PM
Penn State would be a 4th place team in the SEC West.

I think 5th... LSU, Bama, auburn, and aTm are better imo. I do think Ohio st can play with anyone though

msstate7
11-23-2019, 01:22 PM
Fox has invested big in college football. They need to now invest in announcers. These guys suck

the_real_MSU_is_us
11-23-2019, 01:23 PM
They're really good. They haven't faced a team that can match their athletes yet though. Clemson and sec champ will be able to.

Yeah it's hard to judge them when they have a size and speed advantage at almost every position every play. It's like State vs Arky. Suddenly our O worked smoothly, Stevens made good reads, and the play calls got people open. Vs anyone with a pulse we look... well we all know how we look.

OSU is the same boat to me. Are they the best team in the country? Maybe. But I know their OL hasn't faced a DL like UGAs, their WR's haven't faced DBs as fast as Clemsons, etc. Who knows if Fields will be able to process information vs a fast D. Who knows if their DBs can hold up vs LSU's WRs. It's an easy ride when you're the 2nd most talented team in the country and PSU and Michigan are the most talented teams you face

ShotgunDawg
11-23-2019, 01:25 PM
I think 5th... LSU, Bama, auburn, and aTm are better imo. I do think Ohio st can play with anyone though

I think they are very similar to A&M as well.

Scared_Hitless
11-23-2019, 01:26 PM
Shockingly we get to watch the JoMo offense twice today. It still looks terrible when outmatched on talent. It does not close the gap in any meaningful way to give Penn State a chance.

MetEdDawg
11-23-2019, 01:28 PM
dey good.

I wonder who the #4 Sacrificial Lamb is gonna be???

To me this is the perfect year to put in a 1 loss PAC 12 champion into the #4 spot.

They most likely get dominated by Ohio State, who will be the 1 seed I think. Plus the committee gets to say they aren't showing favoritism by leaving Bama out in anyear where it probably wouldn't matter with Tua out.

To me this is setting up perfectly for a 1 loss PAC 12 champion to get in at the 4

the_real_MSU_is_us
11-23-2019, 01:32 PM
To me this is the perfect year to put in a 1 loss PAC 12 champion into the #4 spot.

They most likely get dominated by Ohio State, who will be the 1 seed I think. Plus the committee gets to say they aren't showing favoritism by leaving Bama out in anyear where it probably wouldn't matter with Tua out.

To me this is setting up perfectly for a 1 loss PAC 12 champion to get in at the 4

I'm not too familiar with SOS's, but how would a 1 loss Pac 12 champs resume stack up to a 1 loss Big 12 champs'?

MetEdDawg
11-23-2019, 01:52 PM
I'm not too familiar with SOS's, but how would a 1 loss Pac 12 champs resume stack up to a 1 loss Big 12 champs'?

Oklahoma started the week at #9 behind Oregon, Utah, and Penn State if that tells you anything.

I think the committee desperately wants Ohio State, LSU, and Clemson undefeated at the end. That makes it easy for them.

One loss PAC 12 champion gets in because Utah and Oregon would play each other in the pac 12 championship game. If one of them has 2 losses and wins, Oklahoma goes.

I think Bama takes a hit this week in the polls. They probably drop Bama between the 2 PAC 12 teams to set up the legitimacy of a 1 loss PAC 12 champion

TUSK
11-23-2019, 01:56 PM

Oregon, Utah, Oklahoma and Bammer all have similarly bad SOSs... Not "Clemson" bad, but bad...

ShotgunDawg
11-23-2019, 01:58 PM
Shockingly we get to watch the JoMo offense twice today. It still looks terrible when outmatched on talent. It does not close the gap in any meaningful way to give Penn State a chance.

Joe Mo's offense requires protecting the QB at a high level & that's something that is usually very difficult against superior competition.

People don't want to hear this, but I think that was the strength of Freeze's offense. Remember all those bubble screens & the threat of the bubble screen on every play? That got the ball out of the QB's hand & disrupted the pass rush. Freeze's offenses played fast

Really Clark?
11-23-2019, 02:10 PM
8 min left in the 3rd quarter and Penn ST had just went over 100 yards total offense...that looks very familiar

ShotgunDawg
11-23-2019, 02:24 PM
8 min left in the 3rd quarter and Penn ST had just went over 100 yards total offense...that looks very familiar

Most all offenses require superior talent & the RPO, Penn State, JoMo offense is one of them.

MSU needs an offense that is deceptive & uncomfortable. Something that creates opportunities before the snap & don't require elite reads to do so

Liverpooldawg
11-23-2019, 02:25 PM
I may have spoke too soon! This is getting interesting. OSU can't hold on the football. That WILL get you beat if you do it enough.

ShotgunDawg
11-23-2019, 02:27 PM
I may have spoke too soon! This is getting interesting. OSU can't hold on the football. That WILL get you beat if you do it enough.

its not Penn State's offense though. It's OS turning the ball over

parabrave
11-23-2019, 03:30 PM
I think OSU fans just had a Collective Heart Murmur.

TUSK
11-23-2019, 03:31 PM
I think OSU fans just had a Collective Heart Murmur.

ISWYDT