PDA

View Full Version : We don't have to be emabarrassed about lack of attendance tonight

RocketDawg
11-23-2019, 12:19 PM
Alabama, the 5th ranked team in the country, has a stadium about half full. Auburn, 15th ranked is less than that (but they're playing in the rain).

Games against minor opponents just don't draw a crowd, regardless of those that say they "go to games to watch OUR team".

msstate7
11-23-2019, 12:21 PM
Hopefully a message is being sent that these type of opponents aren't worth scheduling

ShotgunDawg
11-23-2019, 12:25 PM
The fact that these games are taking place this weekend just speaks to the awful structure of college football. Sport has so much potential but just absolutely wastes it

OLJWales
11-23-2019, 12:27 PM
all teams have historically scheduled cup cakes every year. is this year's attendance for these games any different than in the past? No way MSU loads up their non conf schedule while our SEC competitors are not.

RocketDawg
11-23-2019, 12:29 PM
Absolutely.

And arguably the biggest game of the weekend - Penn State and Ohio State - is being played at 11 a.m.

ShotgunDawg
11-23-2019, 12:32 PM
Absolutely.

And arguably the biggest game of the weekend - Penn State and Ohio State - is being played at 11 a.m.

12:00 for Eastern time. Big difference. The SEC should take note

Liverpooldawg
11-23-2019, 12:33 PM
Hopefully a message is being sent that these type of opponents aren't worth scheduling

You have to schedule a few of them. Those type of opponents depend on the paydays and we need some breather type games. Everybody schedules them.

msstate7
11-23-2019, 12:36 PM
You have to schedule a few of them. Those type of opponents depend on the paydays and we need some breather type games. Everybody schedules them.

I'm not talking about just us. The sec schedule this week is embarrassing. Auburn, Bama, and us could be playing a sun belt team at least

the_real_MSU_is_us
11-23-2019, 12:47 PM
Agreed about scheduling wasting the potential of the sport. All across P5 it should be a required 10 P5 games a year (I don't care if it's 9 conference and 1 ooc or 8 and 2), 2 G5 games, and zero FCS games. Extend the season 1 week and give an extra bye if you want to preserve the rest that an FCS opponent provides.

It would be SO much better than what we have now. Hell, expanding the cfp to 8 teams beans that blue bloods are more willing to schedule each other... for example PSU might be willing to play Texas because even if they lose a close one, they still have enough wiggle room that 11-1 or possibly even 10-2 doesn't = no playoffs.

If the FCS can't survive without all these P5 teams paying them to play then so be it.

OLJWales
11-23-2019, 12:47 PM
Samford closes out the 1st down 7-0 even with 2 t/o's in the rain. their bulldogs doing better than ours did there.

TheLostDawg
11-23-2019, 05:08 PM
I bet we don't get a quarter

RougeDawg
11-23-2019, 05:15 PM
Why can’t the schedules consist of the 1st 3 games of the season be played against OOC teams. Essentially a preseason. Do not schedule any off weeks until around week 7 for any teams and mix in one more non conference the last 9 games. Have 8 of the last 9 in conference or go to a 9 game conference schedule. That mirrors a NFL type schedule and has more games that matter late in the season.

RougeDawg
11-23-2019, 05:29 PM
Additionally today is opening day of deer season in Mississippi. Not sure about Alabama. They may hunt year round over there.

RocketDawg
11-23-2019, 06:25 PM
Additionally today is opening day of deer season in Mississippi. Not sure about Alabama. They may hunt year round over there.

Not a deer hunter, but it's been open here at least two weeks (bow season two or three weeks ago, and muzzle loader last week). Friend of mine is an avid deer hunter and he uses a crossbow and some sort of muzzle loader. Only thing he's shot so far is a coyote.

Maroonthirteen
11-23-2019, 06:26 PM
Absolutely.

I noticed on TV. That game wasn’t a bard sell out either. There looked to be many empty seats in the upper corners of their endzone seating.

dawgday166
11-23-2019, 06:30 PM

Gun season opened in Bama today. Bow started Oct 15. They may have a muzzleloader season right before gun season.

SailingDawg
11-23-2019, 08:05 PM
Don't even ask about USM's attendance.

Liverpooldawg
11-23-2019, 08:07 PM
It looks better than I expected.

TheLostDawg
11-23-2019, 08:14 PM

Probably because seats were $6. I imagine a lot of local peple are there. I'm glad for it. I'm glad our fans with tickets sell them that low so people who want to go can that can't afford it.

Homedawg
11-23-2019, 08:19 PM
12:00 for Eastern time. Big difference. The SEC should take note

We play ours at 12 eastern time too. Just so happens Ohio st is in the est. but the entire league isn't. Next weeks game Michigan osu is same time. And Michigan is hosting. Tv pays the bills. Roll w it.

Homedawg
11-23-2019, 08:21 PM

There isn't 30k there. How bad you think it would be?? 15??