PDA

View Full Version : *IF* Joe is Back Next Season-Staff Questions/Opinions

HailStateSZN19
11-22-2019, 05:44 PM
There have been numerous threads talking about either what scenario gets Joe fired, who we go after if he's fired/leaves, etc. But what about if he is retained if we win out and get to a bowl game? What staff changes do you think actually happen? S&C and ST are the obvious ones that most seem to think there should be a change at but would you want or do you expect any other staff changes? Just seems like if he is retained, there would be some serious staff changes looming and encouraged to make to try to show Cohen/Keenum he's serious about getting this turned around. Thoughts, ideas, specific moves you'd make, names you'd go after for certain positions you'd like to be changed? I know it may seem like a long shot right now that he's retained or that we beat OM (& I agree with it being a long shot & don't think he should be back), BUT if we are stuck with him another year what are your thoughts/ideas/opinions on moves to make or names to go after for certain staff positions, etc.? Just wanted to throw this scenario out there to get this discussion going since it is still a realistic possibility for him to win out and come back.

sandjunky
11-22-2019, 05:54 PM
He is retained? August-Thanksgiving is just enjoying good football when I want to

timotheus
11-22-2019, 06:12 PM
I admit that I am concerned about the type quality individual who would possibly come here for basically a one year trial run with a lame duck coach. This situation is simply a mess no matter how we look at it.

HoopsDawg
11-22-2019, 06:25 PM
He gone mane.

ShotgunDawg
11-22-2019, 06:27 PM
How is he going to attract anyone worth hiring?

What decent coach is going to join a lame duck staff?

At this point, he'd have to find some coaches that are out of work currently.

The writing was on the wall with Joe once he lost his most trusted assistants after last season. Those guys new something wasn't working

DogsofAnarchy
11-22-2019, 06:40 PM
He better be gone.

Indndawg
11-22-2019, 06:43 PM
regards

lastmajordog
11-22-2019, 06:46 PM
Whether he is gone or not it would be a mistake not to elevate Peterson to a field position.......big mistake.

Irondawg
11-22-2019, 06:46 PM
If he’s retained you have to bring in an OC but it’s going to have to be a lower guy looking to make a jump or someone also caught up in the cycle like an Art Briles type.

Coursesuper
11-22-2019, 06:50 PM
If this staff is retained I could give 2 17?s who?s on it. One more year of this train wreck will leave is in a dark smoking hole.

HailStateSZN19
11-22-2019, 06:50 PM
He gone mane.

I sure hope so and I get he’s definitely gone with a loss and I WANT to lean towards he’s gone regardless. That’s what is best for the program imo. But a part of me also just thinks of the possibility of him winning out and coming back and there is a chance that happens unless I’ve missed someone on here with legit sources & info confirming that he himself is looking to leave town whether he wins the EB & goes bowling or not. I want to beat OM’s ass and I want to bring in a new coach. Just sounds like that’s an either/or situation and doesn’t seem like we’d get both of those together sadly. I may be wrong on that though.

Cowbell
11-22-2019, 07:48 PM
Something that nobody is really talking about is the fact that all of the smoke has to be making these assistance looking for a place to jump ship. Regardless of what happens going forward I would suspect most of these guys to be looking for another job. There is no way that this is nor a train wreck if John tries to keep Joe around.

ShotgunDawg
11-22-2019, 07:53 PM
Joe's gonna put up 50+ vs OM & screw all this up

Liverpooldawg
11-22-2019, 08:22 PM
Joe's gonna put up 50+ vs OM & screw all this up

That could actually happen because despite this board's love affair with thier QB, their defense still isn't very good. Now it may take that and more to beat them. What gets lost in all this is we are still a slight favorite. We actually do have a decent chance to win that game. I don't give a damn about Joe one way or another right now, I just want to win that game, as always. There are no circumstances whatsoever that would ever change that. Unlike a lot of you, I AM a diehard MSU fan. People in my orbit know this, both Dawgs and Rebs. I live in Mississippi. Therefore my life is much better for the next 365 days when we win that game.

TheLostDawg
11-22-2019, 08:24 PM
If he’s retained you have to bring in an OC but it’s going to have to be a lower guy looking to make a jump or someone also caught up in the cycle like an Art Briles type.

This

Coursesuper
11-22-2019, 08:30 PM
This

Bullshit, this is the least of this staffs issues, player accountably, playing favorites, work ethic, overall toughness are just some of the main issues. X?s and O?s Are the least of this staffs issues. Changing a few coaches changes nothing.

ShotgunDawg
11-22-2019, 08:33 PM
Bullshit, this is the least of this staffs issues, player accountably, playing favorites, work ethic, overall toughness are just some of the main issues. X?s and O?s Are the least of this staffs issues. Changing a few coaches changes nothing.

This

ShotgunDawg
11-22-2019, 08:33 PM
That could actually happen because despite this board's love affair with thier QB, their defense still isn't very good. Now it may take that and more to beat them. What gets lost in all this is we are still a slight favorite. We actually do have a decent chance to win that game. I don't give a damn about Joe one way or another right now, I just want to win that game, as always. There are no circumstances whatsoever that would ever change that. Unlike a lot of you, I AM a diehard MSU fan. People in my orbit know this, both Dawgs and Rebs. I live in Mississippi. Therefore my life is much better for the next 365 days when we win that game.

It could absolutely happen & it scares me.

I'd much rather win a 3-2 type game

ShotgunDawg
11-22-2019, 08:35 PM

If we bring in an alternate offense for Moorhead then I'm bring in this guy to speak with Joe:

https://media1.giphy.com/media/TgL7foFCdsrC8fX61v/giphy.gif

Liverpooldawg
11-22-2019, 08:38 PM
It could absolutely happen & it scares me.

I'd much rather win a 3-2 type game

As long as we, as in MSU and not your Rebels, win I don't care how it happens. Once again you are the one who said you are now for the Rebels, not me.

ShotgunDawg
11-22-2019, 08:41 PM
As long as we, as in MSU and not your Rebels, win I don't care how it happens. Once again you are the one who said you are now for the Rebels, not me.

Let's just agree that best case scenario is that MSU wins in a "certain way"

Liverpooldawg
11-22-2019, 08:49 PM
I'll say this despite how it will be received here. The type of offense Moorhead runs IS the present and immediate future of college football. All you have to do is watch the top offenses to see that. Our problems are multiple. To me the most glaring is our receiver corps. The second most glaring is our tackling/physical play on defense. Some of that is due to youth and the suspensions but a LOT of it is not. The physical play stuff applies to the offense as well. The indoor facility needs to be shown to recruits, heck build another fancy one for football only, and NEVER EVER use it unless we happen to be playing in a dome that week. I don't care if you can't stand the heat Joe, this is Mississippi and the SEC, it gets HOT down here. With the suspensions and the resulting lack of depth I sort of understand the supposed lack of contact in practice but starting after Abeline that needs to END. You play like you practice. It's football, people get hurt. You actually make them MORE likely to get hurt by coddleing them in practice.

Liverpooldawg
11-22-2019, 08:51 PM

The best case scenario is we win, PERIOD. I don't care if it's a fluke win by 1 in quadruple overtime or an absolute butt whipping.

Coursesuper
11-22-2019, 08:52 PM

My god, would you please just stop. I literally feel dumber every time this kind of inane bullshit is posted. My dogs are brighter than this line of garbage.

RezDog7
11-22-2019, 09:30 PM
If Joe doesn't win, it is way more of an indictment of him than if he wins. He knows his back is against the wall. If he can't win this game, he will never win.

CoachT14
11-22-2019, 09:36 PM

You're an insufferable drama queen about this shit. I imagine everybody get's it by now that anyone who disagrees with you is closet rebel in your head.

Now on the actual topic instead of useless drivel from Liverpool.

If Moorhead is back next year, it's going to be a very long year for Mississippi State football, Mississippi State University, and Starkville. The guy is way in over his head, has lost most of the fan base.... and I can't don't see a scenario he gets that back unless he can somehow pull a rabbit out the hat and land a top 10 or 15 recruiting class. And even then, I don't know if he can get it back. That Tennessee loss after a bye week was and is a complete back breaker for his support here. That Tennessee team was imploding before everyone's eyes and we laid a massive egg within a few minutes of the start of that game. You just can't do that while having a bye week and playing a team that is reeling like they were, not at this level. That unpreparedness is what shows me, we have got to move on regardless of the outcome of this game. It will be more of the same next year, with even less talent and in an actual rebuild year. Not Slomo's lame excuse for a rebuild this year.

Liverpooldawg
11-22-2019, 09:40 PM

The best case scenario is we win, PERIOD. I don't care if it's a fluke win by 1 in quadruple overtime or an absolute butt whipping.

timotheus
11-22-2019, 10:35 PM
If a butt whipping is involved in the egg bowl, Joe will be on the wrong end of it

Liverpooldawg
11-22-2019, 10:41 PM
My god, would you please just stop. I literally feel dumber every time this kind of inane bullshit is posted. My dogs are brighter than this line of garbage.

He openly said he was rooting for the Rebels, not me. Talk to him. This board was established to be Rebel rooter free was it not?

Liverpooldawg
11-22-2019, 10:45 PM
You're an insufferable drama queen about this shit. I imagine everybody get's it by now that anyone who disagrees with you is closet rebel in your head.

Now on the actual topic instead of useless drivel from Liverpool.

If Moorhead is back next year, it's going to be a very long year for Mississippi State football, Mississippi State University, and Starkville. The guy is way in over his head, has lost most of the fan base.... and I can't don't see a scenario he gets that back unless he can somehow pull a rabbit out the hat and land a top 10 or 15 recruiting class. And even then, I don't know if he can get it back. That Tennessee loss after a bye week was and is a complete back breaker for his support here. That Tennessee team was imploding before everyone's eyes and we laid a massive egg within a few minutes of the start of that game. You just can't do that while having a bye week and playing a team that is reeling like they were, not at this level. That unpreparedness is what shows me, we have got to move on regardless of the outcome of this game. It will be more of the same next year, with even less talent and in an actual rebuild year. Not Slomo's lame excuse for a rebuild this year.

Shotgun started a thread the subject of which was he was rooting for the Rebels against us. If you are defending that...especially given your extremely sparse history here....well. This board was supposed to exclude those who root for the Confederates. It's why I came here. Obviously things have changed.

Dawgology
11-22-2019, 11:04 PM
I'll say this despite how it will be received here. The type of offense Moorhead runs IS the present and immediate future of college football. All you have to do is watch the top offenses to see that. Our problems are multiple. To me the most glaring is our receiver corps. The second most glaring is our tackling/physical play on defense. Some of that is due to youth and the suspensions but a LOT of it is not. The physical play stuff applies to the offense as well. The indoor facility needs to be shown to recruits, heck build another fancy one for football only, and NEVER EVER use it unless we happen to be playing in a dome that week. I don't care if you can't stand the heat Joe, this is Mississippi and the SEC, it gets HOT down here. With the suspensions and the resulting lack of depth I sort of understand the supposed lack of contact in practice but starting after Abeline that needs to END. You play like you practice. It's football, people get hurt. You actually make them MORE likely to get hurt by coddleing them in practice.

Not really. It’s a successful offense for teams that can recruit the level of player that can make it successful. There’s maybe 10-15 teams that can do that. Everyone else has to develop an offense around their talent available to put themselves in the position to have a chance to win. You can’t go out and just run what everyone else is doing and win. That’s not how it works. I think JoMo bought into his own hype a bit and somehow missed that his offense was propped up by a boat load of all-Americans and NFL talent.

Liverpooldawg
11-22-2019, 11:40 PM
Not really. It’s a successful offense for teams that can recruit the level of player that can make it successful. There’s maybe 10-15 teams that can do that. Everyone else has to develop an offense around their talent available to put themselves in the position to have a chance to win. You can’t go out and just run what everyone else is doing and win. That’s not how it works. I think JoMo bought into his own hype a bit and somehow missed that his offense was propped up by a boat load of all-Americans and NFL talent.
Yet it IS the only offense right now that will win a natty. It really is. That's what we have been told we should aim at, at least prior to Mullen leaving. That's neither here nor there now. I just want to beat Ole Miss THIS year. My life here in Mississippi is much easier when we beat the Confederate Bearsharks. I really don't care what those who live outside the state think. They are not exposed to the bastards as I am.

Todd4State
11-23-2019, 12:08 AM
Yet it IS the only offense right now that will win a natty. It really is. That's what we have been told we should aim at, at least prior to Mullen leaving. That's neither here nor there now. I just want to beat Ole Miss THIS year. My life here in Mississippi is much easier when we beat the Confederate Bearsharks. I really don't care what those who live outside the state think. They are not exposed to the bastards as I am.

I don’t really care if it’s Joe’s offense or not we do have to be able to throw the ball effectively. You’re 100% correct in that.

For me it isn’t so much the offense that’s my problem. Yeah the board will disagree with me on that- but we’re seventh in scoring and third in rushing. That will improve tomorrow.

My issue with Joe is the team’s general lack of preparation and discipline. That’s not sustainable long term.

Todd4State
11-23-2019, 12:11 AM

I think he underestimated the SEC in general. You have to have a coach that it is almost OCD with details and discipline and being physical in this league.

I don’t think he knows how to prepare a SEC team for every Saturday in this league.

Liverpooldawg
11-23-2019, 12:12 AM
I don’t really care if it’s Joe’s offense or not we do have to be able to throw the ball effectively. You’re 100% correct in that.

For me it isn’t so much the offense that’s my problem. Yeah the board will disagree with me on that- but we’re seventh in scoring and third in rushing. That will improve tomorrow.

My issue with Joe is the team’s general lack of preparation and discipline. That’s not sustainable long term.

I don't care. Just beat Ole Miss.