PDA

View Full Version : Does everyone think that Cohen really understands how checked out the fanbase is?

Tbonewannabe
11-22-2019, 11:10 AM
I would think if Cohen really understands how much damage keeping Moorhead then we are looking at replacing him win or lose. Even if we blow out UM and win a bowl game, I still don't have faith in Moorhead next year.

ShotgunDawg
11-22-2019, 11:12 AM
He's going to find out tomorrow.

HailStateSZN19
11-22-2019, 11:20 AM
I might be way off, but if we blow out OM and get to a bowl game then IMO there's probably a very very small chance Joe is fired. Only way he wouldn't be our coach then is if he left on his own. The outcome of the bowl game won't matter if we get to one. We're not going to keep him if we make it to a bowl game only to fire him after waiting til the end of December.

Win out and get to a bowl game and I have little confidence our admin would step in and tell him to take a hike. It's win or get out EB night it sounds like. I just don't see us making a move if we get to 6 wins and a bowl. Again, may be way off but that's just my gut feeling on how it'd be handled.

I don't think he's the answer long-term, don't have faith he can magically all of a sudden start coaching his tail off, and I think he's taken us backwards as a program through 23 games. I think the quicker we realize that and move on the better. I just don't see us firing a guy who has been to bowl games his 1st 2 years regardless of how non-competitive we've looked so often and the horrible losses we've had in 2 years. And again, I don't agree with that thinking because of how awful we've looked more times than not and the terrible losses we've piled up. I think it's time to move on regardless.

TrapGame
11-22-2019, 11:20 AM
I think he does or we wouldn't have the interest from the three or four coaches already mentioned. This has escalated quickly from the beginning of the year to the now. In most situations you would give a coach a third year to keep righting the ship. The difference here is we didn't need a coach to right the ship it was already pointed in the right direction and chugging along. He's damn near destroyed everything Mullen spent nine years building in two years. We cannot afford to give him a third year. It would be a total disaster.

lefty96
11-22-2019, 11:45 AM
I haven't watched a live snap all season. . . not one.

Tbonewannabe
11-22-2019, 11:47 AM
I might be way off, but if we blow out OM and get to a bowl game then IMO there's probably a very very small chance Joe is fired. Only way he wouldn't be our coach then is if he left on his own. The outcome of the bowl game won't matter if we get to one. We're not going to keep him if we make it to a bowl game only to fire him after waiting til the end of December.

Win out and get to a bowl game and I have little confidence our admin would step in and tell him to take a hike. It's win or get out EB night it sounds like. I just don't see us making a move if we get to 6 wins and a bowl. Again, may be way off but that's just my gut feeling on how it'd be handled.

I don't think he's the answer long-term, don't have faith he can magically all of a sudden start coaching his tail off, and I think he's taken us backwards as a program through 23 games. I think the quicker we realize that and move on the better. I just don't see us firing a guy who has been to bowl games his 1st 2 years regardless of how non-competitive we've looked so often and the horrible losses we've had in 2 years. And again, I don't agree with that thinking because of how awful we've looked more times than not and the terrible losses we've piled up. I think it's time to move on regardless.

I agree, we either let him go after the Egg Bowl or his has next year to continue to destroy the program. The thing is, if we dominate the Egg Bowl and then go to a bowl game only to look like we did against Bama, the program will be in the shitter.

It is bad that we are back to saying, we beat a good ULL and UK team and we gave KSU a good game. If we played UK today, Bowden probably runs for 250 yards. We were lucky that UK stuck with that hurt QB so long.

DogsofAnarchy
11-22-2019, 11:55 AM
I am absolutely positive that I have NO faith in our administration to understand the “WILL” of the people, fans and alumni. We were paying Dan Mullen 5 Million a year and we went cheap to get JoMo for 2.5 because he was a “GURU.” Well.....he ain’t no guru and JC better not screw the pooch anymore. I have absolutely spoken to NOBODY who is an MSU fan that believes that our current staff can fix the football problems. Included in those whom I have spoken to is a large number of former players, some of which are in the NFL now. Group messaging can be fun.

StarkVegasSteve
11-22-2019, 11:58 AM
I think he does or we wouldn't have the interest from the three or four coaches already mentioned. This has escalated quickly from the beginning of the year to the now. In most situations you would give a coach a third year to keep righting the ship. The difference here is we didn't need a coach to right the ship it was already pointed in the right direction and chugging along. He's damn near destroyed everything Mullen spent nine years building in two years. We cannot afford to give him a third year. It would be a total disaster.

I truly think the change is coming. The State media, who has been overly positive saying that he's back next year regardless, has essentially this week changed course to say that Moorhead is in a very bad position. And after this is over they'll probably all come out and say that they've heard things since after UT like all of us.

UT was the tipping point. Some might say it was Florida last year, or Iowa, or KSU this year. But even the most ardent supporters knew this thing was over after the debacle in Neyland Stadium. There was/is no way he'll ever recover from that one. We were clearly the better team and looked uninterested and didn't look like we had a 17 clue what was going on until about 8 minutes to go in the game.

Tbonewannabe
11-22-2019, 12:18 PM
I truly think the change is coming. The State media, who has been overly positive saying that he's back next year regardless, has essentially this week changed course to say that Moorhead is in a very bad position. And after this is over they'll probably all come out and say that they've heard things since after UT like all of us.

UT was the tipping point. Some might say it was Florida last year, or Iowa, or KSU this year. But even the most ardent supporters knew this thing was over after the debacle in Neyland Stadium. There was/is no way he'll ever recover from that one. We were clearly the better team and looked uninterested and didn't look like we had a 17 clue what was going on until about 8 minutes to go in the game.

Even then a lot of our offense was Shrader just making backyard plays that had very little to do with Moorhead's offense. That combined with UT making some really dumb playcalling. That game gave UT some confidence and started to get them rolling but they were a shit team at kickoff. I think their rush defense was in the 90s and they held Hill to less than 20 yards rushing. They also were horrific in pass rush and doubled their yearly total in sacks.

DogsofAnarchy
11-22-2019, 12:26 PM
If I am proven wrong by this administration, I publicly state that I will never be negative again about MSU or the entities in charge of our institution.