PDA

View Full Version : I Just Realized How Out on Moorhead I am

ShotgunDawg
11-22-2019, 08:08 AM
It just hit me.

I am an incredibly die hard MSU fan that works my weekends around when MSU plays regardless of whether it's a home or away game.

That being said, I woke up today and realized that I have absolutely no idea what time we play tomorrow and have absolutely no intentions of watching the game.

Why? Because the game is completely and utterly irrelevant. I just don't see any reason to watch the game at all.

dantheman4248
11-22-2019, 08:28 AM
Making a whole thread about rooting for the rebs openly didn't do that for ya?

basedog
11-22-2019, 08:29 AM
Are you trying to catch 07 on post? Asking for many friends***

basedog
11-22-2019, 08:30 AM
Making a whole thread about rooting for the rebs openly didn't do that for ya?

Brags about how many responses to his post, now that is sick, something ain't right.

WPDawg
11-22-2019, 08:33 AM
It just hit me.

I am an incredibly die hard MSU fan that works my weekends around when MSU plays regardless of whether it's a home or away game.

That being said, I woke up today and realized that I have absolutely no idea what time we play tomorrow and have absolutely no intentions of watching the game.

Why? Because the game is completely and utterly irrelevant. I just don't see any reason to watch the game at all.

Good for you. Gives you the time to work on other hobbies or chores around the house.

Coursesuper
11-22-2019, 08:34 AM
Brags about how many responses to his post, now that is sick, something ain't right.

Amazing isn't it.

Hambone
11-22-2019, 08:34 AM
Really?? I thought the 250 threads you start daily would have been a sign.....

Liverpooldawg
11-22-2019, 08:40 AM
It just hit me.

I thought you rooted for the Rebels now.

Dawgtini
11-22-2019, 09:00 AM
Good for you. Gives you the time to work on other hobbies or chores around the house.

Or remove that phone screen size image from his sig line

Tbonewannabe
11-22-2019, 09:00 AM
I understand what you are saying. I am going to watch every minute of the game. However, I might be looking at my Ipad while doing it. One of my friends and I used to talk about the win or loss for a few days after and then talk about the upcoming game every day. Now we just talk about how disappointing the program is on Sunday and don't even talk about the game other than that. Apathy for most of the people I know has set in.

The game is at 7:30 pm in case you were wondering and there will probably be a good many folks at the game just to support the Homecoming crowd including a wonderful young man with special needs that is Homecoming King. If nothing else comes out of this football year, at least that happened.

Jack Lambert
11-22-2019, 09:17 AM
I am a die hard fan as well and I am going to be at the game because I am a die hard fan and I am going to support my team. Edited to say the game starts at 6:30.

Fader21
11-22-2019, 09:21 AM
It just hit me.

Diehards don't root for their biggest rival to win.

Tbonewannabe
11-22-2019, 09:27 AM
I am a die hard fan as well and I am going to be at the game because I am a die hard fan and I am going to support my team. Edited to say the game starts at 6:30.

Correct, I am in Atlanta so Eastern time. It would probably help to state that.

BeastMan
11-22-2019, 09:27 AM
I’m out on Moorehead too but I’ll watch. Got to. I’m glad we get to get some positive momentum before the Egg Bowl. We need it.

Matt3467
11-22-2019, 09:31 AM
It just hit me.

It happened to me long before I realized it. It wasn't until about 3 games ago that I realized I didn't care to watch the game. Moorhead has drained all the excitement of watching MSU and I made it a point to watch every game I could through Crooms tenure.

msstate7
11-22-2019, 09:31 AM
Are you trying to catch 07 on post? Asking for many friends***

Not happening... I'll step it up

ShotgunDawg
11-22-2019, 09:49 AM
I’m out on Moorehead too but I’ll watch. Got to. I’m glad we get to get some positive momentum before the Egg Bowl. We need it.

Yeah.

It wasn't on purpose. I'll watch the game now that I know what time it's on and it's on my conscience. I just totally forgot about it, which is odd.

Thing is, people only get mad at losing for so long before they just move into other things in life.

You're seeing it with our basketball attendance. The Hump used to be amazing but we've been unable to find that magic again because we lost an era of fans due to terrible play and people found other things to do. MSU basketball lost importance.

That's why you have to make a change now. You can't afford to lose an era of MSU fans because they won't come back. They'll simply find other things in life.

Apathy is way way worse than people being mad. Bring Moorhead back next year and apathy will be rampant.

Jack Lambert
11-22-2019, 09:52 AM
Correct, I am in Atlanta so Eastern time. It would probably help to state that.

But the game is being played in Central time zone. Anyone out side that should be able to figure that out.

StarkVegasSteve
11-22-2019, 09:52 AM
I'm out on Moorhead and have been since almost Day 1, but I'll be there. Could be our last win of the season so I'm going to enjoy it.

Dawgology
11-22-2019, 09:55 AM
I actually more look forward to watching Dak play these days rather than State

Liverpooldawg
11-22-2019, 10:09 AM

Nope, not ever.

msstate7
11-22-2019, 10:12 AM

That's your opinion. Some people think beyond their nose. Winning an egg bowl isn't worth keeping Moorhead. Now I'm operating on the premise that a win we keep joe and a loss we don't.

ETA... on the flip side of this, if I were an OM fan, I'd want state to win if it means keeping joe.

basedog
11-22-2019, 10:24 AM
Not happening... I'll step it up

LOL

Liverpooldawg
11-22-2019, 10:26 AM
That's your opinion. Some people think beyond their nose. Winning an egg bowl isn't worth keeping Moorhead. Now I'm operating on the premise that a win we keep joe and a loss we don't.

It's not just his opinion. If you are rooting for them BY DEFINITION you are one of them. You define yourself, we have nothing to say on it.

msstate7
11-22-2019, 10:31 AM
It's not just his opinion. If you are rooting for them BY DEFINITION you are one of them. You define yourself, we have nothing to say on it.

I realize the principle of a short term loss in order to have long term gain isn't for the simple.

dantheman4248
11-22-2019, 10:38 AM
I realize the principle of a short term loss in order to have long term gain isn't for the simple.

Put it this way. You can know the truth of the situation. But at the end of the day you should always root for Dawgs by 90 even though that's not gonna ever happen. Because it's your team. Root for your team and rest peacefully knowing that a loss could bring a good things for the long term of the program. So you win either way.

On the flip side OM loses either way, either they lose to us or they get rid of a coach who isn't going to do anything for us. Sucks to be them.

Liverpooldawg
11-22-2019, 10:43 AM

It doesn't have anything to do with that. It has to do with NEVER wanting to lose to Ole Miss. It's about living in Mississippi and having to put up with them when they beat us. That is my long term gain and loss. If you are rooting for Ole Miss against us then you define yourself as an Ole Miss fan. You have joined them by your own admission. You can choose not to be too upset if we lose. That's one thing. Actually rooting FOR them is something else entirely.

Fader21
11-22-2019, 10:51 AM
adjective. The definition of die hard is someone or something that shows or possesses extreme, absolute or complete loyalty even if facing defeat or hopelessness.

By definition most of y'all are not diehard fans

msstate7
11-22-2019, 10:51 AM
It doesn't have anything to do with that. It has to do with NEVER wanting to lose to Ole Miss. It's about living in Mississippi and having to put up with them when they beat us. That is my long term gain and loss. If you are rooting for Ole Miss against us then you define yourself as an Ole Miss fan. You have joined them by your own admission. You can choose not to be too upset if we lose. That's one thing. Actually rooting FOR them is something else entirely.

If winning means we keep joe, then a win means we're tanking our football program. Moorhead is gonna destroy what Mullen built... he's damn close right now. I don't want us to go back to croom days so whatever it takes to avoid that, I'm fine with

Maroonthirteen
11-22-2019, 10:59 AM
Here is the bottom line on all this.... we have a chance to get to 6 wins and a bowl and keep the bowl streak alive. I’m not going this weekends for personal reasons but I’ll be there Thursday. We as fans have got to pull ourselves together and get to the game thanksgiving day, ring a cowbell and be positive in the meantime. We have to trust that the people at MSU that make the decisions and write the checks are smart people that have enough actual real inside information that they can and WILL make a decision Black Friday that is best for MSUs long term success regardless of the outcome of the EB. Because only those people truly know, if Moorhead is leaving or lost the locker room and who is really interested in the MSU job from outside the program.

Liverpooldawg
11-22-2019, 11:06 AM
If winning means we keep joe, then a win means we're tanking our football program. Moorhead is gonna destroy what Mullen built... he's damn close right now. I don't want us to go back to croom days so whatever it takes to avoid that, I'm fine with

Ok Rebel. You don't want us to keep the bowl streak alive either obviously. You also want us to have a losing season. You want us to be losers. That makes sense given how you have defined yourself. I'm not calling you a Rebel. You are calling yourself one.

My information is Joe is back no matter what. So as I see it you just want us to lose to Ole Miss. No, strike that. I can't use "us" with you unless it's like this: You just want to beat us.

Liverpooldawg
11-22-2019, 11:06 AM
adjective. The definition of die hard is someone or something that shows or possesses extreme, absolute or complete loyalty even if facing defeat or hopelessness.

By definition most of y'all are not diehard fans

Exactly.

msstate7
11-22-2019, 11:10 AM
Ok Rebel. You don't want us to keep the bowl streak alive either obviously. You also want us to have a losing season. You want us to be losers. That makes sense given how you have defined yourself. I'm not calling you a Rebel. You are calling yourself one.

My information is Joe is back no matter what. So as I see it you just want us to lose to Ole Miss. No, strike that. I can't use "us" with you unless it's like this: You just want to beat us.

You really think I give a crap what you think of me? If you had your way, we'd still have Rick ray and croom. I guarantee you're in the 5% of state fans that actually wanna keep joe.

ETA... I edited out calling you an idiot. You aren't an idiot for disagreeing with me. I don't wanna start the name calling crap. I apologize for that. We see this differently, and whether you believe it or not, I just want what I feel is best for our football program beyond 1 game

confucius say
11-22-2019, 12:22 PM
Which team do yall think Cohen wants to win the egg bowl? A loss and his decision is easy, fire joe. A win and he is in a tough spot bc I dont think we will fire a 6-6 coach (unless a clear cut, home run hire has accepted the job).

msstate7
11-22-2019, 12:31 PM
Which team do yall think Cohen wants to win the egg bowl? A loss and his decision is easy, fire joe. A win and he is in a tough spot bc I dont think we will fire a 6-6 coach (unless a clear cut, home run hire has accepted the job).

I'm sure he wants a win. I'm sure he wants Moorhead back. If Cohen has to fire Moorhead this year, he admits he was wrong, and very few people like to admit they were wrong. With no inside info at all, I think Cohen wants to give his guy a shot next season even with a loss; I just think it will sorta be out of his hands if the egg is lost

sonof34
11-22-2019, 12:38 PM
It just hit me.

Jesus Christ do you wake up and automatically go “I’m going to bash the football team again today”

TrapGame
11-22-2019, 12:41 PM
I'm not gonna be all upset we lost the EB or happy we won, but I'm not rooting for ole miss. **** those shitbirds.

deadheaddawg
11-22-2019, 01:10 PM
Or remove that phone screen size image from his sig line

Lol. That's great.

Big images on signature lines are so dumb.

Shotguns is bad, but he is not the only one. To this day I don't understand why that University of Memphis fan post so much on this board

Liverpooldawg
11-22-2019, 01:23 PM
You really think I give a crap what you think of me? If you had your way, we'd still have Rick ray and croom. I guarantee you're in the 5% of state fans that actually wanna keep joe.

ETA... I edited out calling you an idiot. You aren't an idiot for disagreeing with me. I don't wanna start the name calling crap. I apologize for that. We see this differently, and whether you believe it or not, I just want what I feel is best for our football program beyond 1 game

I wanted to fire Ray the day we hired him. I was all on board for firing Croom as well. I'm not even defending Joe in case you somehow missed that. I have said repeatedly that at the moment emotionally I want him gone but I question the timing. Rooting for Ole Miss to beat MSU no matter what the circumstances are makes you an Ole Miss fan by your own admission. As such as far as I'm concerned that makes you fair game. You are an Ole Miss fan posting on a MSU board. As for your football program, I don't care what you do with Luke.

Liverpooldawg
11-22-2019, 01:24 PM

If he doesn't want us to win then he needs to be fired with cause today.

RougeDawg
11-22-2019, 01:44 PM
To be honest I completely forgot we were playing A&M a few weeks ago until my A&M buddy texted me in 4th quarter. That’s where my apathy is. Only been to two games all year after watching the shit show debacle last year. This is the 12th football season since I graduated college and prior to this year I have averaged attending 9.5 games a season. Two of the seasons I attended all 13 games, home and away. I have had 8 season tickets for years and gridiron passes since year one and I have never felt this much apathy towards a MSU athletic program. Even the Rick Ray Experiment and Slytanic years were not this bad. If Cohen cannot read the situation and rid us of this cancerous head coach, Cohen needs to get a package deal with the moving company and get the hell out too.

Go look at StubHub and wait for the 10’s of people at the game this weekend. If a change isn’t made, we will have a new coach and AD November 2020.

BrunswickDawg
11-22-2019, 01:51 PM
There is only 1 thing that gives me hope in this whole situation - Gary Henderson.

The decision to retain Gary Henderson as permanent baseball HC might be the toughest decision faced by an MSU AD in decades. Long time assistant coach with stops at 3 top programs; former national assistant coach of the year; former SEC Coach of the Year; former assistant coach for the AD making the decision. Henderson had not just salvaged a season from an absolute train wreck, he took that train wreck and steered it on a miracle run to the CWS and earned National Coach of the Year from 2 organizations.
The most MSU thing ever would have been taking the easy road and making Henderson the HC - it would have been justifiable, there was pressure to do it, it would have been a "feel good" story like MSU likes to be, it would have been the way MSU has always done things, but deep down the powers that be knew that for the long term health of the program we needed more than what Henderson could give.

I know baseball and football aren't the same. I know there are different wizards behind the curtain for each one. But, MSU is one of the handful of schools where a non-football sport might actually be the most important "face" of the school (think Duke or UK in basketball). The fact that we did what was best for baseball gives me hope we may do the same for football. It's probably unrealistic - but I've got to cling to something.

dawgday166
11-22-2019, 01:54 PM
There is only 1 thing that gives me hope in this whole situation - Gary Henderson.

The decision to retain Gary Henderson as permanent baseball HC might be the toughest decision faced by an MSU AD in decades. Long time assistant coach with stops at 3 top programs; former national assistant coach of the year; former SEC Coach of the Year; former assistant coach for the AD making the decision. Henderson had not just salvaged a season from an absolute train wreck, he took that train wreck and steered it on a miracle run to the CWS and earned National Coach of the Year from 2 organizations.
The most MSU thing ever would have been taking the easy road and making Henderson the HC - it would have been justifiable, there was pressure to do it, it would have been a "feel good" story like MSU likes to be, it would have been the way MSU has always done things, but deep down the powers that be knew that for the long term health of the program we needed more than what Henderson could give.

I know baseball and football aren't the same. I know there are different wizards behind the curtain for each one. But, MSU is one of the handful of schools where a non-football sport might actually be the most important "face" of the school (think Duke or UK in basketball). The fact that we did what was best for baseball gives me hope we may do the same for football. It's probably unrealistic - but I've got to cling to something.

I hope you right but ... if we win out I think it'll be hard to fire Joe.

MedDawg
11-22-2019, 02:00 PM
I hope you right but ... if we win out I think it'll be hard to fire Joe.

True. If we beat AC and OM and win the bowl game, we will not only be 7-6, but we will have won 4 of our last 5 games. That would be a tough call to fire a coach because it looks like he showed improvement over the 2nd half of the season.

dawgday166
11-22-2019, 02:02 PM
True. If we beat AC and OM and win the bowl game, we will not only be 7-6, but we will have won 4 of our last 5 games. That would be a tough call to fire a coach because it looks like he showed improvement over the 2nd half of the season.

I think he needs to go regardless but don't think he will if that happens.

timotheus
11-22-2019, 02:16 PM
the lost revenue next fall from low ticket sales, hotel bookings, tailgate food suppliers will tell the tale if he stays. If he had Saban's team currently, they would be 6-4

MedDawg
11-22-2019, 04:29 PM
If he had Saban's team currently, they would be 6-4

That's ridiculous. He has proven what his offense can do with good players, and those players (except maybe the RB) weren't nearly as good as what Bama has.

Tbonewannabe
11-22-2019, 04:41 PM

Except to anyone that actually watches the games. I will say that actually winning a bowl game over a quality opponent would be a good start. Winning 3 games over a FCS team and 2 teams with losing records doesn't scream Improvement. It just looks like you got to a spot in your schedule that you could just let talent win games and not have the coaching lose them.

Tbonewannabe
11-22-2019, 04:44 PM
That's ridiculous. He has proven what his offense can do with good players, and those players (except maybe the RB) weren't nearly as good as what Bama has.

I don't know any halfway decent coach who wouldn't win at least 8 games with Bama's talent. I will say that he has shown that he will lose to teams even if he has a talent advantage. Our 2018 team had a talent advantage over everyone but Bama. I don't care if Fitz didn't fit what he wanted to do on offense because our offense is worse and basically all we did was replace Fitz with all world talent Tommy Stevens.

timotheus
11-22-2019, 06:19 PM
Joe can screw it up, there is no doubt in my mind. If he took the current Bama team to a 8-4 record, he'd be run out of town.

Liverpooldawg
11-22-2019, 06:27 PM
Joe can screw it up, there is no doubt in my mind. If he took the current Bama team to a 8-4 record, he'd be run out of town.

I could probably coach the current Bama team to a better record than that, and I've never coached anything except youth soccer. Joe would do well with them along with every other person of average IQ who has ever had much contact with the game. Talent matters more than coaching.