PDA

View Full Version : Just Lost All Respect For Myles Garrett

ShotgunDawg
11-21-2019, 01:41 PM
Funny how this doesn't come out immediately following the game...just pathetic & sad

Matt3467
11-21-2019, 01:47 PM
Yea honestly surprised it took this long for that to be his defense.

PMDawg
11-21-2019, 01:50 PM
Yeah, nobody saw that coming. People think that's their get out of jail free card these days. I hope it backfires on him.

ShotgunDawg
11-21-2019, 01:54 PM
Yeah, nobody saw that coming. People think that's their get out of jail free card these days. I hope it backfires on him.

I hope it backfires as well. It's awful & heightens racial issues.

Racism obviously exist, but the demand for it far exceeds the supply

ShotgunDawg
11-21-2019, 02:01 PM
Just pathetic. Society & people have to be better than this.

Tbonewannabe
11-21-2019, 02:02 PM
I assume that his lawyer probably told him that he could get almost his entire suspension removed if he claimed this. I don't think Pouncey has his back like that if he is yelling the N word.

ShotgunDawg
11-21-2019, 02:05 PM
I assume that his lawyer probably told him that he could get almost his entire suspension removed if he claimed this. I don't think Pouncey has his back like that if he is yelling the N word.

Oh I'm sure that's exactly what happened, but people have to be better than this.

This is incredibly selfish & awful move by Garrett. Stuff like this hurt society.

My hope is that the NFL just says that even being called a racial slur isn't an excuse to hit someone with your helmet & the suspension stays the same. Make him deal with losing his integrity & get nothing from it

bluelightstar
11-21-2019, 02:21 PM
We'll never know what happened, and this thread is just speculation.

ShotgunDawg
11-21-2019, 02:24 PM

You're right but it's pretty easy for people with a brain to make a pretty accurate guess when the player says nothing of this till a week later. Never mentioned it in his post game interview or to other teammates.

Racism is awful. This is worse.

dantheman4248
11-21-2019, 02:42 PM
Racism is awful. This is worse.

That's mighty white of you. Also Pouncey's brother sided with Richie Incognito over Johnathan Martin (which was a white man calling a colored teammate the N word.

Most people I know expected this to come out. Shocked Garrett didn't do it immediately but figured he didn't want to make it a race thing. He only submitted it in the appeal hoping it would help him and not make it a whole public thing about race. Rudolph is definitely the type to do it too.

Tbonewannabe
11-21-2019, 02:46 PM
That's mighty white of you. Also Pouncey's brother sided with Richie Incognito over Johnathan Martin (which was a white man calling a colored teammate the N word.

Most people I know expected this to come out. Shocked Garrett didn't do it immediately but figured he didn't want to make it a race thing. He only submitted it in the appeal hoping it would help him and not make it a whole public thing about race. Rudolph is definitely the type to do it too.

Has he had other issues of racism? Not sure I am following unless you are saying he is a white guy from Oklahoma.

dantheman4248
11-21-2019, 02:48 PM
Has he had other issues of racism? Not sure I am following unless you are saying he is a white guy from Oklahoma.

Let's just leave it as he's dumb enough to express his political views openly in a majority black sport and leave it at that without getting too political. He's dumb enough to do that, he's dumb enough to let one slip.

MrKotter
11-21-2019, 02:52 PM

What an uncalled for post. There are several morons on this board but you clearly are the biggest POS on it.

smootness
11-21-2019, 02:53 PM
Let's just leave it as he's dumb enough to express his political views openly in a majority black sport and leave it at that without getting too political. He's dumb enough to do that, he's dumb enough to let one slip.

Please.

KOdawg1
11-21-2019, 02:53 PM
What the hell ever

ShotgunDawg
11-21-2019, 02:55 PM
Rudolph is definitely the type to do it too.

Well this obviously a pretty racist statement. Complete bullshit

When it comes to race relations & you're blaming white people just make sure you do the thumb & finger thingy that Joe says he does

dantheman4248
11-21-2019, 03:14 PM

When it comes to race relations & you're blaming white people just make sure you do the thumb & finger thingy that Joe says he does

Nothing racist about my statement. Said he's an idiot for spouting anti-kaep pro-Tomi Lahren support in a predominantly black league. Nothing about him being white. If you can't see his stupidity there then idk what to tell you. Brady got off the maga wagon too when it took an alternate route. That's what a smart person in there position does. Mason has kept his beliefs in the open. That's what a dumb person does. Not a race issue but a stupid issue.

And i'm not saying mason rudolph is a racist person. We get too lost in one slipup making someone be a total racist for life. I'm saying it doesn't surprise me in the heat of the moment that someone with that poor of judgment in dealing with people of a different color than him, mason probably said something stupid and regrettable.

ShotgunDawg
11-21-2019, 03:18 PM
Nothing racist about my statement. Said he's an idiot for spouting anti-kaep pro-Tomi Lahren support in a predominantly black league. Nothing about him being white. If you can't see his stupidity there then idk what to tell you. Brady got off the maga wagon too when it took an alternate route. That's what a smart person in there position does. Mason has kept his beliefs in the open. That's what a dumb person does. Not a race issue but a stupid issue.

And i'm not saying mason rudolph is a racist person. We get too lost in one slipup making someone be a total racist for life. I'm saying it doesn't surprise me in the heat of the moment that someone with that poor of judgment in dealing with people of a different color than him, mason probably said something stupid and regrettable.

This post is delusional cornucopia of utter bull shit. Like a sign of a completely delusional world view that doesn't line up with normal human brain power and logic

Liverpooldawg
11-21-2019, 03:21 PM
I don't care if he said that and called his mother something, it doesn't excuse what he did. Garret should never play another down.

dantheman4248
11-21-2019, 03:23 PM
I don't care if he said that and called his mother something, it doesn't excuse what he did. Garret should never play another down.

It doesn't excuse it, but you've watched too much of the wrong football to think he should never play again.

RougeDawg
11-21-2019, 03:23 PM

The problem is that you think race has anything to do with political views. You are exactly the product of the people who benefit from this type of thinking and don?t even realize you are a pawn. Your brainwashing and blind indoctrination to believe what you obviously believe is the problem. If you had even one rational and functioning brain cell to address facts, your conclusions would be different.

But then again, they say you can?t fix..........

dantheman4248
11-21-2019, 03:26 PM
This post is delusional cornucopia of utter bull shit. Like a sign of a completely delusional world view that doesn't line up with normal human brain power and logic

Oh since it's completely bullshit then if you use one racist word then you're a racist for life?

If you think that's not a realistic take on how to view people as more than one action then maybe you need to leave your chambers because the walls are too tight and the echo is reverberating too loud.

dantheman4248
11-21-2019, 03:29 PM
The problem is that you think race has anything to do with political views. You are exactly the product of the people who benefit from this type of thinking and don?t even realize you are a pawn. Your brainwashing and blind indoctrination to believe what you obviously believe is the problem. If you had even one rational and functioning brain cell to address facts, your conclusions would be different.

But then again, they say you can?t fix..........

No I said him expressing those political views openly in the position he is in is poor judgment. I've never said his political views are racist or anyone who believes those are racist. I believe he's someone with poor judgment. Not racist.

smootness
11-21-2019, 03:33 PM
No I said him expressing those political views openly in the position he is in is poor judgment. I've never said his political views are racist or anyone who believes those are racist. I believe he's someone with poor judgment. Not racist.

Why would you consider it poor judgment?

ShotgunDawg
11-21-2019, 03:34 PM

https://media3.giphy.com/media/gl0mkIZOW6Nwc/source.gif

dantheman4248
11-21-2019, 03:40 PM

As racially charged as so many people in this country make those views out to be (especially from minorities against whites) why would you make your job harder as a white person supposed to lead a group of predominantly black men by hanging that albatross around your neck for everyone to see and potentially judge you?

How does that not scream poor judgment to you?

smootness
11-21-2019, 03:47 PM
As racially charged as so many people in this country make those views out to be (especially from minorities against whites) why would you make your job harder as a white person supposed to lead a group of predominantly black men by hanging that albatross around your neck for everyone to see and potentially judge you?

Would you consider a black person in a sport that is predominantly white expressing political views that might not be viewed favorably by all around him to be poor judgment? Or would that be brave?

dantheman4248
11-21-2019, 03:59 PM
Would you consider a black person in a sport that is predominantly white expressing political views that might not be viewed favorably by all around him to be poor judgment? Or would that be brave?

If he was asked to be the leader, yes poor judgment. It can also be brave. You could even call Mason's brave as well. Poor and brave are not mutually exclusive.

Jarius
11-21-2019, 04:08 PM
How predictable.

Lord McBuckethead
11-21-2019, 04:25 PM

Ahhhh. They have audio recorder from the sideline. Just check the tape.

Lord McBuckethead
11-21-2019, 04:25 PM
And yeah, it was said this was a possible reaction to a racial slur the morning after the game.

Really Clark?
11-21-2019, 04:30 PM
And yeah, it was said this was a possible reaction to a racial slur the morning after the game.

Garrett talked about it right after the game, no mention of a racial slur from him at all. If he is offended enough to hit a player with a helmet, he should have been still pissed and telling exactly what happened right afterwards. HE never did until now.

PMDawg
11-21-2019, 04:31 PM

Wow. I'm pretty sure you're a complete moron. You, sir, are part of the problem.

PMDawg
11-21-2019, 04:34 PM

Tell me more about this "alternate route".

It amazes me that someone who went to the same college I went to can be so stupid, and ignorant.

ShotgunDawg
11-21-2019, 04:39 PM

Because people who are worthy of leading others don't hide their beliefs and aren't afraid to express what they believe is right.

dantheman4248
11-21-2019, 04:43 PM
Tell me more about this "alternate route".

It amazes me that someone who went to the same college I went to can be so stupid, and ignorant.

What problem is that and how exactly am I a part of it?

And it's no surprise at all the people who jumped off publicly (but not necessarily privately) when maga got the kkk and alt right push behind it.

And likewise. Amazing someone can sit there and call this "worse than racism" and people wanna take that side. How tone deaf and willfully ignorant.

dantheman4248
11-21-2019, 04:45 PM
Because people who are worthy of leading others don't hide their beliefs and aren't afraid to express what they believe is right.

That's inaccurate. That describes people leading a revolution or the ilk. Not leading in general. Being a leader is not a one-size fits all like that. Otherwise why does Rudolph suck and Brady got another ring after hiding it.

PMDawg
11-21-2019, 04:50 PM
What problem is that and how exactly am I a part of it?

And it's no surprise at all the people who jumped off publicly (but not necessarily privately) when maga got the kkk and alt right push behind it.

And likewise. Amazing someone can sit there and call this "worse than racism" and people wanna take that side. How tone deaf and willfully ignorant.

There is no alternate route.

There are two parties in our system. That means the dregs of society also have to support one of these two parties. There are plenty of scum that support the right, and plenty who support the left.

MAGA is not some magical dog whistle to the alt right. It's a slogan. It's about creating jobs, securing our border, and bringing back american prosperity. Sore losers who are triggered by an opposing view tried to make it into something more, and a few weak minded imbeciles fell for it. It's a cheap talking point created as a red herring by those who know they can't win a debate on policy. Nothing more.

PMDawg
11-21-2019, 04:53 PM
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28130757/nfl-finds-no-such-evidence-mason-rudolph-directing-racial-slur-myles-garrett

Idiot

TUSK
11-21-2019, 05:13 PM

Dude... If you're gonna be racist, at least get with the times...

Edit: I'm IN!

dantheman4248
11-21-2019, 05:17 PM
There is no alternate route.

There are two parties in our system. That means the dregs of society also have to support one of these two parties. There are plenty of scum that support the right, and plenty who support the left.

MAGA is not some magical dog whistle to the alt right. It's a slogan. It's about creating jobs, securing our border, and bringing back american prosperity. Sore losers who are triggered by an opposing view tried to make it into something more, and a few weak minded imbeciles fell for it. It's a cheap talking point created as a red herring by those who know they can't win a debate on policy. Nothing more.

No. You're being willfully ignorant about how society works. It's sad because you even laid out my reasoning for me. There's plenty of people who fall for that "red herring." How many of them fit the criteria of people who can't win a debate on policy do you think play for the Steelers? Seems like football and understanding politics don't have a ton of overlap. So with that, why would you open the door for those idiots to cause unrest in the lockerroom and create a divide much like what's going on in America. Seems like it makes your job as the leader of the team harder. Seems like... a poor judgment.

What's ridiculous is all the people here trying to make this about politics when my only point on him is that it's stupid to bring politics to the table as a leader who needs people to like and respect him when you don't have to.

Well my other point is that this isn't worse than racism. Not by a long shot.

PMDawg
11-21-2019, 06:11 PM
No. You're being willfully ignorant about how society works. It's sad because you even laid out my reasoning for me. There's plenty of people who fall for that "red herring." How many of them fit the criteria of people who can't win a debate on policy do you think play for the Steelers? Seems like football and understanding politics don't have a ton of overlap. So with that, why would you open the door for those idiots to cause unrest in the lockerroom and create a divide much like what's going on in America. Seems like it makes your job as the leader of the team harder. Seems like... a poor judgment.

What's ridiculous is all the people here trying to make this about politics when my only point on him is that it's stupid to bring politics to the table as a leader who needs people to like and respect him when you don't have to.

Honestly, I don't think you have a point.

You're blaming Mason for Garrett's assault on him without having any facts other than , muh MAGA!

What's sad is your lack of cognitive abilities.

dantheman4248
11-21-2019, 06:18 PM
Honestly, I don't think you have a point.

You're blaming Mason for Garrett's assault on him without having any facts other than , muh MAGA!

What's sad is your lack of cognitive abilities.

No i'm not. You literally didn't comprehend any of what I said. No wonder you think I'm dumb, you just read that comment and created a whole new thing. I've said in this thread that I don't believe Mason is racist and that Myles shouldn't be excused. How you have now flipped that around to thinking I said those things shows the mental gymnastics you're wanting to pull.

Westdawg
11-21-2019, 06:24 PM
Well,
Here's what we do know. The league has mics in every QBs helmet now. I would just about guarantee that the league already played back every possible recording from the field when those players were out there at the same time. That's why the league has already openly stated there was no merit to the accusation from Garrett about Rudolph making that statement

OLJWales
11-21-2019, 07:19 PM
Myles is pulling the same shit that actor dude did in Chicago who said MAGA hat wearing necks strung him up and hurled racial insults. If you listen to them, they still live in the 50's & 60's. It's their only sustenance . Gets a free pass every time.

PMDawg
11-21-2019, 07:32 PM
No i'm not. You literally didn't comprehend any of what I said. No wonder you think I'm dumb, you just read that comment and created a whole new thing. I've said in this thread that I don't believe Mason is racist and that Myles shouldn't be excused. How you have now flipped that around to thinking I said those things shows the mental gymnastics you're wanting to pull.

Oh, I got you. It's just ignorant and false. He has the audacity to not hide his political beliefs, so he's automatically stupid enough to call someone the N-word.

I got news for you dude, you're the one being racist here. You assume things about his teammates because of their skin color. That's the very definition of racism. Guess what? Several of my black coworkers sport Trump bumper stickers.

I get that you are trying to pretend like you have some sort of inside knowledge of what's going on here, but reality is you're just totally full of crap all the way around. And this is my last comment on the matter. I was raised not to argue with fools.

MagicDawg
11-21-2019, 07:34 PM

Your first sentence is racist.
Your subsequent post is racist.
Thanks for making it clear what you are. You remind me of a great exchange.
Person A: "Why do people instantly hate me?"
Person B: "It saves time."

Cheers.

OLJWales
11-21-2019, 07:39 PM

In today's world, fake racism is worse than actual racism because fake racism shoots out false narratives that causes us to focus on lies than the truth. The 50's and 60's have left the room thankfully. Too bad too many people still revel in the past.

Liverpooldawg
11-21-2019, 07:56 PM
It doesn't excuse it, but you've watched too much of the wrong football to think he should never play again.

He committed assault with a deadly weapon on the football field. He should be kicked out of the league and prosecuted.

bulldogcountry1
11-21-2019, 08:03 PM
Ahhhh. They have audio recorder from the sideline. Just check the tape.

Exactly. There?s microphones everywhere. It would be pretty easy to review the footage. It?s almost necessary with a claim like this.

dantheman4248
11-21-2019, 08:37 PM
Oh, I got you. It's just ignorant and false. He has the audacity to not hide his political beliefs, so he's automatically stupid enough to call someone the N-word.

I got news for you dude, you're the one being racist here. You assume things about his teammates because of their skin color. That's the very definition of racism. Guess what? Several of my black coworkers sport Trump bumper stickers.

I get that you are trying to pretend like you have some sort of inside knowledge of what's going on here, but reality is you're just totally full of crap all the way around. And this is my last comment on the matter. I was raised not to argue with fools.

I'm racist for saying it's smart not to rock the boat on a matter that affects football skills 0? Idk anything about his teammates. Hell people of all colors on the left could tweak out and lead that political divide I'm referencing. I'm not saying only black people could do it. I'm not saying only white people could do it. You don't know who could so it's better to leave politics at the door. It's the same type of shit that has Kaepernick out of the league.

And as for arguing with fools, hope you never have to argue with your wife.

dantheman4248
11-21-2019, 08:44 PM
Your first sentence is racist.
Your subsequent post is racist.
Thanks for making it clear what you are. You remind me of a great exchange.
Person A: "Why do people instantly hate me?"
Person B: "It saves time."

Cheers.

You can stretch and call the first sentence racist if you look beyond the fact that it's a cleaned up Samuel L. Jackson quote. Calling the rest racist shows me you just have a persecution complex.

But if it's a racist statement, so be it. It's a fact. It's a very white thing to think that being accused of being a racist is worse than dealing with racism. And it's a white thing because white people in this country have not really dealt with actual, institutional racism (affirmative action does not count). If you can't learn to empathize with someone of a different background than you, then I don't know what to tell you.

Dawg Tired
11-21-2019, 08:59 PM
You can stretch and call the first sentence racist if you look beyond the fact that it's a cleaned up Samuel L. Jackson quote. Calling the rest racist shows me you just have a persecution complex.

But if it's a racist statement, so be it. It's a fact. It's a very white thing to think that being accused of being a racist is worse than dealing with racism. And it's a white thing because white people in this country have not really dealt with actual, institutional racism (affirmative action does not count). If you can't learn to empathize with someone of a different background than you, then I don't know what to tell you.
That?s mighty black of you.

MagicDawg
11-21-2019, 09:15 PM
It is ignorant to assume that because I can recognize your racism, I'm unable to empathize with people of a different background. It is patently absurd.

The number of racist assumptions in your posts have paved your way to my ignore list. Cheers.

OLJWales
11-21-2019, 09:34 PM
Myles pulls a piece of shit barbaric move on the football field and uses fake racism to back up his neanderthal antics. It's not that hard to understand. Really easy for those who think. What's sad is that's the narrative due to the QB not getting killed. He could easily be dead or paralyzed from the neck down in a coma. Luckily the bottom end of the helmet caught him not too flush.

But yea, keep on thinking this QB whose been playing in a diverse sport for around 15-16 years slings "N Bombs". Yea, right.

Liverpooldawg
11-21-2019, 10:00 PM
The racism stuff doesn't matter. If Garret was called the vilest racist stuff you can imagine it still doesn't excuse what he did. Many years ago there was a HS kid at one of the schools in this region had that same thing happen to him. He got hit upside the head with a helmet during an on the field brawl. He spent several weeks in the hospital. He wasn't expected to make a full recovery. Fortunately he did. That just can't be allowed to happen. It's beyond the pale.

dantheman4248
11-21-2019, 10:37 PM
That?s mighty black of you.

That's interesting because I'm white.

And before the inevitable "self-hating liberal" comment comes, I voted for the republican candidate last ticket.

It really shows who here could survive outside this state. Your heads would explode from
hearing someone have a different take.

dantheman4248
11-21-2019, 10:39 PM
It is ignorant to assume that because I can recognize your racism, I'm unable to empathize with people of a different background. It is patently absurd.

The number of racist assumptions in your posts have paved your way to my ignore list. Cheers.

I don't think you even know what racism is at this point. You're just saying it as a buzzword at this point.

dantheman4248
11-21-2019, 10:47 PM
Myles pulls a piece of shit barbaric move on the football field and uses fake racism to back up his neanderthal antics. It's not that hard to understand. Really easy for those who think. What's sad is that's the narrative due to the QB not getting killed. He could easily be dead or paralyzed from the neck down in a coma. Luckily the bottom end of the helmet caught him not too flush.

But yea, keep on thinking this QB whose been playing in a diverse sport for around 15-16 years slings "N Bombs". Yea, right.

I mean Mason pulled one as well. Let's not act like trying to twist someone's neck isn't complete bullshit either. Myles came out and said he didn't want it to excuse his action and expected confidentiality in that meeting. He kept his mouth shut about it because he specifically didn't want it to be a racial thing.

I think Myles actually realizes more than anyone else here that something like that in the heat of the moment in such a violent sport, something stupid gets said that you don't mean. From what I've gathered reading it was him explaining how the events went and hoping whoever heard the appeal understands that a lot of is just the nature of the beast.

Also how many times in the last 15-16 years have you seen a QB in a fight?

Dawg Tired
11-21-2019, 11:29 PM

And before the inevitable "self-hating liberal" comment comes, I voted for the republican candidate last ticket.

It really shows who here could survive outside this state. Your heads would explode from

Just trying it on for size. I could care less about your senseless mumbling about how terrible society is for some who refuse to take ownership for their personal situation. Because it?s always someone else?s fault. Isn?t it?

TUSK
11-21-2019, 11:30 PM
I mean Mason pulled one as well. Let's not act like trying to twist someone's neck isn't complete bullshit either. Myles came out and said he didn't want it to excuse his action and expected confidentiality in that meeting. He kept his mouth shut about it because he specifically didn't want it to be a racial thing.

I think Myles actually realizes more than anyone else here that something like that in the heat of the moment in such a violent sport, something stupid gets said that you don't mean. From what I've gathered reading it was him explaining how the events went and hoping whoever heard the appeal understands that a lot of is just the nature of the beast.

Dan, it’s ok to have used racist language (you have)..

It’s ok you’ve had racist thoughts that led to said racist language...

We all (me included) have said/made/thought things that we may or not make today.

Just don’t be a bitch, buddy. (Regardless, please don’t say the C Word again, ok?)

TUSK
11-22-2019, 01:05 AM

Now, this is something with which I'll agree, Dan.

You ain't no "self hating liberal". You’re more a DWL... and that's cool, buddy.

Peace.

ShotgunDawg
11-22-2019, 06:48 AM

I'm gonna guess neither of these are true.

Maroonandwhite
11-22-2019, 07:11 AM
I have read through all of the posts in this thread and still wonder, is Dan ?the man? excusing an undeniable assault with a deadly weapon in front of millions of viewers because it ?may have been? provoked by a previously-untold/heard, racist, comment? And based on pure speculation? We don?t know Rudolph or Garrett. But we do know that he?s a white guy playing a professional sport with a team that has a very diverse roster and a black HC. That same HC trusted him enough to start him in a time of need with players of a different skin tone. That?s factual. The rest of Dan?s assumptions are pure character assassination based on an unfounded comment from the guy guilty of assault unless proven otherwise. Other observation, I remember Pouncy coming to Rudolph’s defense and kicked the crap out of Garrett. Was he ignorant of the facts during the scrum? Wow.

dantheman4248
11-22-2019, 09:01 AM
Just trying it on for size. I could care less about your senseless mumbling about how terrible society is for some who refuse to take ownership for their personal situation. Because it?s always someone else?s fault. Isn?t it?

He literally took ownership for his actions and didn't want it to excuse him. I also have said it doesn't excuse him. Hell he didn't want to character assassinate Rudolph. My point was that Mason Rudolph strikes me as the type to say dumbass things in the heat of the moment. A majority of this board have called their wife/gf/etc. a "bitch" or a "****" in a stupid fight and not meant it. It's the same type of dumb comment. It's, again, not an excuse for his actions, but is also totally believable.

My overall other point is that "this is worse than racism" is a shit take. The only way you agree with that is if you say that being called a racist is worse than racism for white people. Because racism against whites (in America) doesn't really affect your day-to-day life because there is no institutionalized racism that we as a country are still working to get away from and improve. Same as being called a racist for any POC doesn't really harm your life but actual racism does.

I'm gonna guess neither of these are true.

Why? Because I don't fit the mold of being a white person or someone who voted republican? You divide into two boxes and each side fits one mold, so anyone who acts like what you think one does but says they're the other is lying? Things ain't black and white (pun intended) and shouldn't be when it comes to politics.

I have read through all of the posts in this thread and still wonder, is Dan ?the man? excusing an undeniable assault with a deadly weapon in front of millions of viewers because it ?may have been? provoked by a previously-untold/heard, racist, comment?

No you didn't read this because I already said I didn't. So there should be no confusion there.

Uncivilengineer
11-22-2019, 09:14 AM
Dan the man needs to change his name to Dan The NPC. Honk, Honk.

Tbonewannabe
11-22-2019, 09:23 AM
What would be interesting is if Mason called him a "Brown" insert whatever derogatory phrase but he assumed it was because of his skin color when he does play for the Browns. I think like a lot of people are saying, the NFL would probably know exactly what was said because there are mics everywhere on the field including the QBs helmet. I guess it is possible that it wasn't recorded but I would think in today's NFL, that is highly unlikely.

StateDawg44
11-22-2019, 09:26 AM
Dan I couldn't care less about politics or choosing left or right. They are all crooks and dgaf about us. Don't even vote. I also don't voice opinions or complain about politics.

I usually don't give this type of thread my time but the only reason I even continued to read this thread once YOU turned it political in your first two posts was to see if your argument ever made any sense. You're completely off the reservation here and it some how gets wors and worse.

No point in responding to me about this because I'm not arguing for one side or the other or even care. I'm just saying I can't even hear your side out and make sense of it and feel dumber for attempting.

dantheman4248
11-22-2019, 09:37 AM
What would be interesting is if Mason called him a "Brown" insert whatever derogatory phrase but he assumed it was because of his skin color when he does play for the Browns. I think like a lot of people are saying, the NFL would probably know exactly what was said because there are mics everywhere on the field including the QBs helmet. I guess it is possible that it wasn't recorded but I would think in today's NFL, that is highly unlikely.

The NFL said there was no audio. I imagine in 6 months TMZ will leal the audio. Amazing though how you "found no such evidence" when there was no audio. No shit NFL, really?

smootness
11-22-2019, 09:43 AM
If he was asked to be the leader, yes poor judgment. It can also be brave. You could even call Mason's brave as well. Poor and brave are not mutually exclusive.

So your stance in this thread is that doing something brave, taking a stand for what you see as right even in the face of opposition, can be seen as poor judgment. Good to know.

smootness
11-22-2019, 09:46 AM

No no, your initial point was that Rudolph is definitely the type to let the N-word slip. That is obviously an accusation of some sort of sympathy with racist thought. Yet you are the one who used the freaking term 'colored' in this thread.

smootness
11-22-2019, 09:58 AM
I agree with you that Rudolph acted like an idiot to Garrett and should have been suspended at least a game himself. I agree that being accused of racism isn't worse than actual racism, certainly not as some kind of across the board statement.

But here's the thing - your whole approach assumes that what Garrett claimed in his appeal actually happened. Because you say he took ownership of his actions and didn't want to assassinate Rudolph's character. But if what he said is untrue - and he simply added it into his appeal as a shot in the dark and didn't want it public because he knows it isn't true - then what he did is reprehensible and he's actually not taking full ownership of his actions and is indeed attempting to assassinate Rudolph's character, even if in private. And if that is true, then I could certainly argue that lying to brand someone else a racist as a way of getting out of the consequences of your own actions is worse than if Rudolph had said it to begin with.

Really Clark?
11-22-2019, 10:03 AM
The NFL said there was no audio. I imagine in 6 months TMZ will leal the audio. Amazing though how you "found no such evidence" when there was no audio. No shit NFL, really?

Well crap man how could they have possibly find no evidence if there is no audio...hmm I don’t know. Maybe interview everyone on the field (players on both sides, refs) at the time and nobody else heard it either. Check what audio they do have from the mics outside of the helmet. That’s not very hard to do and would be 100% truthful. There is nothing to leak because there is nothing recorded.

dantheman4248
11-22-2019, 10:34 AM
I agree with you that Rudolph acted like an idiot to Garrett and should have been suspended at least a game himself. I agree that being accused of racism isn't worse than actual racism, certainly not as some kind of across the board statement.

But here's the thing - your whole approach assumes that what Garrett claimed in his appeal actually happened. Because you say he took ownership of his actions and didn't want to assassinate Rudolph's character. But if what he said is untrue - and he simply added it into his appeal as a shot in the dark and didn't want it public because he knows it isn't true - then what he did is reprehensible and he's actually not taking full ownership of his actions and is indeed attempting to assassinate Rudolph's character, even if in private. And if that is true, then I could certainly argue that lying to brand someone else a racist as a way of getting out of the consequences of your own actions is worse than if Rudolph had said it to begin with.

Thank you for actually seeing both sides to it. Yea, Garrett could totally be lying about it. At this point we're at a 50/50 deadlock that one of them HAS to be lying now. I don't know what actually happened but honestly both sides of this story have merit.

And I can agree with your last statement. I don't agree with "Racism is bad. This is worse."

Well crap man how could they have possibly find no evidence if there is no audio...hmm I don’t know. Maybe interview everyone on the field (players on both sides, refs) at the time and nobody else heard it either. Check what audio they do have from the mics outside of the helmet. That’s not very hard to do and would be 100% truthful. There is nothing to leak because there is nothing recorded.

Everyone on BOTH sides expected audio to clear this up. There's no way the NFL didn't have it, right?

my point was how can you frame it the way the NFL did (wording it in a way to lead the public to believe that Rudolph didn't say it) when you have no audio at all to review? Should have just said we have no audio of the incident and can not confirm or deny the allegations so the ruling on the field stands. And as for not believing the NFL, it hides video/audio for players all the time. Remember Ray Rice?

smootness
11-22-2019, 10:44 AM
my point was how can you frame it the way the NFL did (wording it in a way to lead the public to believe that Rudolph didn't say it) when you have no audio at all to review? Should have just said we have no audio of the incident and can not confirm or deny the allegations so the ruling on the field stands. And as for not believing the NFL, it hides video/audio for players all the time. Remember Ray Rice?

What I read is that the NFL's statement was that they found 'no such evidence' of Rudolph using the slur...which is the right way to word it. They haven't said, 'No, he did not say that.' They've just said they found no such evidence and upheld the suspension.

Really Clark?
11-22-2019, 10:50 AM
Thank you for actually seeing both sides to it. Yea, Garrett could totally be lying about it. At this point we're at a 50/50 deadlock that one of them HAS to be lying now. I don't know what actually happened but honestly both sides of this story have merit.

And I can agree with your last statement. I don't agree with "Racism is bad. This is worse."

Everyone on BOTH sides expected audio to clear this up. There's no way the NFL didn't have it, right?

Ray Rice video was outside of the playing field. And they didn’t hide the video, why you making that up? The allegation against the NFL was that they didn’t look at the video in the Rice assault. They deny ever having a copy of the video. Not that they or the Ravens covered it up. Stuck their head in the sand and believed what they wanted? I believe that’s correct and wrong of them but that video was from an outside source.

It is very easy to frame and word your statement when nobody on the field backs up Garretts assertion. An assertion he never made until the proceedings. Sorry but the simplest explanation is the correct one most of the time. If it had occurred he would not have kept it quite that long, it would have come out that night, not days later. As soon as Rudolph heard what happened his attorney vehemently denied the accusation. He didn’t even tell Kitchens and the club that he was going to go this route. Just he was going to say something unfavorable to Rudolph to hopefully help his case.

ETA. The Steeler players are defending Rudolph and his OL who were in the middle of pulling off Garrett stated publicly he didn’t say anything much less racial slur. A bunch of his teammates are defending him in the media after they heard what Garrett asserted. Heyward the defensive captain also publicly questioned the timing of it being told 7 days later and using it in his appeal was “stupid”.

Tbonewannabe
11-22-2019, 10:57 AM
What I read is that the NFL's statement was that they found 'no such evidence' of Rudolph using the slur...which is the right way to word it. They haven't said, 'No, he did not say that.' They've just said they found no such evidence and upheld the suspension.

Another thing to consider, even if he used a racial slur, does that ok trying to inflict extreme damage. If he hits Rudolph just right with that helmet, it could have killed him. In today's society, it is NOT ok to use racist language but I would think the response is Nowhere close to acceptable. Now if he punched him in the face, you maybe say that he had it coming but even then it is physical violence for saying a word. If Garrett calls him out on it then Rudolph might be blackballed and has to look for another job.

smootness
11-22-2019, 11:16 AM
Another thing to consider, even if he used a racial slur, does that ok trying to inflict extreme damage. If he hits Rudolph just right with that helmet, it could have killed him. In today's society, it is NOT ok to use racist language but I would think the response is Nowhere close to acceptable. Now if he punched him in the face, you maybe say that he had it coming but even then it is physical violence for saying a word. If Garrett calls him out on it then Rudolph might be blackballed and has to look for another job.

No, it wouldn't.

IMO, it is very hard to figure out exactly how to approach this word in particular. It is the word you cannot say, and rightfully so. It is an awful word with an awful history and is used basically only to belittle others, provoke, or to reveal stupid, awful beliefs (I'm not talking about its use within the hip hop community and the black community itself; that's something different entirely). It should be condemned and not used. However, by making it the one word you cannot utter, we seem to have actually increased its power, to the point that I think there are some who believe violence in response to its use is justified. We have elevated its status, and it now arguably has more power to hurt than it did 150 years ago, even though 150 years ago it was obviously used more widely and in a more openly hateful and racist way.

TUSK
11-22-2019, 12:21 PM
No, it wouldn't.

IMO, it is very hard to figure out exactly how to approach this word in particular. It is the word you cannot say, and rightfully so. It is an awful word with an awful history and is used basically only to belittle others, provoke, or to reveal stupid, awful beliefs (I'm not talking about its use within the hip hop community and the black community itself; that's something different entirely). It should be condemned and not used. However, by making it the one word you cannot utter, we seem to have actually increased its power, to the point that I think there are some who believe violence in response to its use is justified. We have elevated its status, and it now arguably has more power to hurt than it did 150 years ago, even though 150 years ago it was obviously used more widely and in a more openly hateful and racist way.

This is a terrific post. The word has definitely been appropriated and weaponized.

MaroonFlounder
11-22-2019, 01:24 PM

You either know Dantheman, or are assuming he is white.

Which is it?

Uncivilengineer
11-23-2019, 05:35 AM
Dan mentioned that he was white in this thread.

OLJWales
11-23-2019, 11:15 AM

fighting with all players happens. I don't think the QB is stupid enough in the sport he plays (or any walk of life in a public setting) to hurl "N" Bombs. I could be wrong but I just think this is Myles' last ditch effort in desperation for what's about to happen to him and his career. This was his 3rd (and worst of course) incident this year.

Even IF and I mean IF the QB hurled an "N" Bomb, there's no excuse for what Myles did. So his new argument is not relevant IMO. I can't even remember how long it's been since I've heard a white person call a black person the "N" word. That's just so 60's. Some people just can't live in the modern world and give up past stereotypes because they love to play the race bating victim card. It's quite childish and is the safety net for those who can't take on personal responsibility.