PDA

View Full Version : Shoop - do you want to keep him?

Irondawg
11-21-2019, 12:33 PM
Regardless of what happens with Joe, do you want Shoop as DC next year?

ShotgunDawg
11-21-2019, 12:35 PM
Yes. With a full deck of cards Shoop has been solid.

He's been plagued by tutor gate, injuries, and young players more than anyone.

dawgday166
11-21-2019, 12:37 PM
Yes. I think Shoop can coach but HC sets the tone for a team. And besides the point Shoop's been hamstrung this year with suspensions and injuries, last year's team never let the offensive ineptitude get to them any. With a lot of youth on this years DL and in the backend due to injuries, I'm not sure this year's team doesn't let it get to them sometimes.

BrunswickDawg
11-21-2019, 12:38 PM
Yes. But if he goes, offer Grantham the moon.

Coursesuper
11-21-2019, 12:39 PM
New coach has to be able to hire who he wants. If he wants someone on staff ok, if not that's football.

Homedawg
11-21-2019, 12:50 PM
Yes. But if he goes, offer Grantham the moon.

Todd isn't coMing back here to be a DC. Only way would be if he's out of work. He makes a bunch now and we couldn't win a bidding war w fla if we wanted to.

TrapGame
11-21-2019, 12:51 PM
New coach has to be able to hire who he wants. If he wants someone on staff ok, if not that's football.

I agree. The new head coach hires who he wants. But I do like Shoop.

Coursesuper
11-21-2019, 12:52 PM
Todd isn't coMing back here to be a DC. Only way would be if he's out of work. He makes a bunch now and we couldn't win a bidding war w fla if we wanted to.

Yup.

TrapGame
11-21-2019, 12:54 PM

Not hiring Grantham as head coach is looking like a missed opportunity. Intense Bastard swung and missed on Moorhead.

msstate7
11-21-2019, 12:58 PM
I'm disappointed with the defense this year, but I'm willing to give shoop another go at it. With that said, I wanna see who the new coach has working for him. If we go norvell, I'd encourage him to retain shoop if shoop is willing

Gutter Cobreh
11-21-2019, 01:15 PM
Nope. For all the talent we had on defense last year, Shoop did an outstanding job. This year has been a complete shitshow. We're consistently out of position, take bad angles, tackle like we're playing pop warner, etc. This year we've had a truer representation of our historical talent level, and we're pathetic.

BrunswickDawg
11-21-2019, 01:22 PM

I'd still make a run at him and make him say no.

redstickdawg
11-21-2019, 04:01 PM
NO!! I want nothing of that smells of Jomo left around for a coach to clean up, the defense quits and I associate the entire staff as part of the problem.

Jarius
11-21-2019, 04:03 PM
Nope. For all the talent we had on defense last year, Shoop did an outstanding job. This year has been a complete shitshow. We're consistently out of position, take bad angles, tackle like we're playing pop warner, etc. This year we've had a truer representation of our historical talent level, and we're pathetic.

We are not pathetic defensively when we are playing our suspended players. When we are playing literally half of our starters as freshmen then yea, they are out of position and don't look like they are playing hard. Shoop is an outstanding DC and when he has a normal deck of cards he is very good. Joe Moorhead is completely incompetent offensively and needs to go.

Brahmabull
11-21-2019, 04:22 PM
Make a run with what???? We can't out bid FL and the only way he would come back is HC.

Homedawg
11-21-2019, 04:30 PM
I'd still make a run at him and make him say no.

The same reason we aren't calling saban to replace jomo. Be realistic. Save your time and the phone call. It's not happening.

wild_dawg
11-21-2019, 04:30 PM
Regardless of what happens with Joe, do you want Shoop as DC next year?

Yes no doubt.

Gutter Cobreh
11-21-2019, 06:02 PM
We are not pathetic defensively when we are playing our suspended players. When we are playing literally half of our starters as freshmen then yea, they are out of position and don't look like they are playing hard. Shoop is an outstanding DC and when he has a normal deck of cards he is very good. Joe Moorhead is completely incompetent offensively and needs to go.

Yet this thought process doesn't seem to apply to the HC... I'm not defending Joe, but Shoop didn't do well at UT. He gets here and has NFL 1st round talent and sees results, loses said talent and we suck. Thompson and Lewis haven't been suspended, and they've played like hot garbage. If we fire the HC, we need to clean house. For some reason, people on here get enamored with assistants. Boggles my mind.

Randolph Dupree
11-21-2019, 06:05 PM
Not hiring Grantham as head coach is looking like a missed opportunity. Intense Bastard swung and missed on Moorhead.

Yep but I'm ok with the swing and miss so long as we correct it and don't make the same mistake again. If you aren't failing occasionally you aren't trying. Just learn from the mistake and move on.

HoopsDawg
11-21-2019, 06:26 PM
Shoop? I'm good either way. You could probably do a lot worse.

klong-dog
11-21-2019, 06:33 PM
With Grantham son getting ready to play at the Dude, he might would be more willing on coming back to coach.

dawgday166
11-21-2019, 06:37 PM
With Grantham son getting ready to play at the Dude, he might would be more willing on coming back to coach.

Grantham's son playing baseball for us?

Todd4State
11-21-2019, 06:43 PM

Yes. He will be a freshman in 2021.

MrKotter
11-21-2019, 06:43 PM

Yes, Corbin Grantham

dawgday166
11-21-2019, 07:00 PM
Yes. He will be a freshman in 2021.

Cool. Don't keep up with hoops or baseball recruiting at all.

Homedawg
11-21-2019, 07:05 PM

He would love to come back..... as a head coach. That's it.