PDA

View Full Version : Question: Who all left the game early last Saturday..

Coursesuper
11-21-2019, 09:00 AM
and when did you leave? I left before Tua went down first time I've left a game before the half since 1984.

dantheman4248
11-21-2019, 09:06 AM
I left towards the end of the 3rd quarter. We made it on TV towards the beginning of the 3rd after ringing cowbells in a bama fans ear so at that point there was nothing left to watch because our team folded and quit trying by then.

Randolph Dupree
11-21-2019, 09:10 AM
Left at half but only stayed that long because the wife wanted to see some of the half time show. This was only my second game to go to this year. Prior to this year, I've never missed a game for a reason that I could control. The only reason I came up to the Bama game is because nobody had been up to my place in two months and I felt like I needed to check on it.

Tbonewannabe
11-21-2019, 09:28 AM
One of my friends and I are notorious for sitting to the bitter end. WE never left early for 2002-2003 Jackie years or any of the Croom debacle. I haven't gone to as many games now since I live in Atlanta but he has gone but has started leaving early.

We don't even talk about the games all the time like we used to. Apathy is setting in. At least under Croom, you could tell the players were playing hard but Croom's offensive system just wouldn't work at State. Moorhead has a system that doesn't work AND the players don't play hard all of the time. The coaches also don't seem to coach on the sideline at all.

wild_dawg
11-21-2019, 09:33 AM
Stayed the entire game, crowd seemed to hang longer than I expected.

Maroonthirteen
11-21-2019, 09:39 AM
Did you go to the bar and have a 4 roses bourbon?

Leaving early is so cool.... Y’all Lifestyle.

Coursesuper
11-21-2019, 09:46 AM

No but I did go to Kings for a nice lunch, not a 4 Roses fan much prefer Old Soul these days and you're welcome. So have a nice day.

Like I said haven't left that early in a hot minute just trying to gage who the others were leaving when we did, we weren't alone for sure. Just wasn't much to see.

bluelightstar
11-21-2019, 09:56 AM
I didn't make it -- first time I have missed an SEC home game since I was a student. Just already knew what was coming. Hell, the game really only lasted 2 minutes.

confucius say
11-21-2019, 10:12 AM
I left midway through the fourth quarter

Tbonewannabe
11-21-2019, 11:42 AM
I left midway through the fourth quarter

Did you leave to beat traffic or finally figured out we weren't even going to score garbage points?

smootness
11-21-2019, 11:44 AM
Stayed the entire game, crowd seemed to hang longer than I expected.

The crowd was primarily Bama fans at that point. I left with about 8 minutes left.

robert
11-21-2019, 11:56 AM
I left end of 3rd qtr. Some very nice Alabama fans (man, wife, kids) were next to us. The lady thanked me for serving in the Army. I appreciated that, told her it was a log time ago. The half time show was great, the game, not much.

msu15
11-21-2019, 11:59 AM

Man you failed hard with this one.

shrimp
11-21-2019, 12:06 PM
I left at the end of the Florida game last year and haven’t been back.

and when did you leave? I left before Tua went down first time I've left a game before the half since 1984.

Homedawg
11-21-2019, 12:24 PM
I stayed the entire game. But only because I was with friends and the beer was cold. I wasn't watching the game anymore. Of course I skipped LSU game and stayed at tailgate and skipping this week as well. I'll endure the egg bowl.

dantheman4248
11-21-2019, 12:28 PM
I stayed the entire game. But only because I was with friends and the beer was cold. I wasn't watching the game anymore. Of course I skipped LSU game and stayed at tailgate and skipping this week as well. I'll endure the egg bowl.

When they bring cold beer to the stands that's when EVERYONE will stay longer smh.

Maroonthirteen
11-21-2019, 03:42 PM
Man you failed hard with this one.

Is that you Bo? Jackson? Or the dude that says next to nothing and mumbles when he does?

Not really. I get it. The game was over after two minutes. I don’t get the point of starting a thread about it. But..... whatever.

confucius say
11-21-2019, 03:47 PM
Did you leave to beat traffic or finally figured out we weren't even going to score garbage points?

Some of both. Mainly though because my 5 year old was cold

Goldendawg
11-21-2019, 06:59 PM
My son and I stayed until the boring, no suspense end. Other five in our party left early in the 4th. One family member decided he could have more fun shopping for new furniture and was a no-show! I think that I have only left one game early since 1963 and my late Father never left early. Hail State!