PDA

View Full Version : New Coach. Name him

bobcat91
11-20-2019, 08:08 PM
I keep seeing all the experts here wanting a new head coach, so who is it going to be? I see Napier listed alot, but for the life of me I dont know why. Same with Norvell.

For me, you go after Satterfield like we should have the last time.

But my money is on Moorhead being here next year.

paco
11-20-2019, 08:14 PM
1. Matt Ruhle
2. Mike Norvell
3. B. Harsin

bobcat91
11-20-2019, 08:20 PM
I like Ruhle but he's not coming. Harsin is interesting, but he is from Boise, played at Boise and seems to be home. Money talks, but doubt it in this case.

msstate7
11-20-2019, 08:24 PM
I doubt we could pull satterfield from Louisville, but that would be a great hire. If we're willing to reach out to satterfield, I'd do the same to Dave clawson and Neal brown

Really Clark?
11-20-2019, 08:26 PM
I keep seeing all the experts here wanting a new head coach, so who is it going to be? I see Napier listed alot, but for the life of me I dont know why. Same with Norvell.

For me, you go after Satterfield like we should have the last time.

But my money is on Moorhead being here next year.

Satterfield will not leave after one year, especially to come here with a smaller budget and tougher division. We missed that possibility 2 years ago

Really Clark?
11-20-2019, 08:28 PM
1. Matt Ruhle
2. Mike Norvell
3. B. Harsin

Ruhle is a non-discussion for 95% of all college teams. He just signed an extension and the buyout to leave is enormous. NFL is his next stop most likely.

HailStateSZN19
11-20-2019, 08:28 PM
First, call Whittingham again and make him say no. After he says no, force Louisville?s hand and get in a bidding war for Satterfield until he declines. Why not go for thirds, call up Matt Campbell and make him say no to a raise but his buyout is like $5-6 mil I think & he?s already making $3.5 mil so he?d say no or we wouldn?t be able to entice him away. After all of that, call Mike Norvell and Billy Napier and interview them both. I?d be fine with either one but I?m starting to lean toward Norvell. I also like the idea of Clawson too.

bobcat91
11-20-2019, 08:29 PM
I dont disagree with Satterfield, it would be tough to bring him in at this point. Still throw 4 million at him and tell him that winning in the SEC just means more.

Political Hack
11-20-2019, 08:30 PM
Clark.

Really Clark?
11-20-2019, 08:33 PM
First, call Whittingham again and make him say no. After he says no, force Louisville?s hand and get in a bidding war for Satterfield until he declines. Why not go for thirds, call up Matt Campbell and make him say no to a raise but his buyout is like $5-6 mil I think & he?s already making $3.5 mil so he?d say no or we wouldn?t be able to entice him away. After all of that, call Mike Norvell and Billy Napier and interview them both. I?d be fine with either one but I?m starting to lean toward Norvell. I also like the idea of Clawson too.

Whit is already a no. We cannot beat Louisville in a bidding war. Y’all do understand they legitimately a Top 20 revenue program in the country. He is not leaving that job for us, especially after just one season.

KOdawg1
11-20-2019, 08:34 PM
Clawson

Really Clark?
11-20-2019, 08:35 PM
I dont disagree with Satterfield, it would be tough to bring him in at this point. Still throw 4 million at him and tell him that winning in the SEC just means more.

$4 MIL is lower than his total salary now. Forget his yearly, he has a 6 year contract. To even match what they are paying him, we would have to offer $4.85 MIL per year. So to even get them to talk, $5.5-6 MIL per year but he will not leave them after one year. You can call but don’t waste much time on him.

HailStateSZN19
11-20-2019, 08:36 PM
Whit is already a no. We cannot beat Louisville in a bidding war. Y’all do understand they legitimately a Top 20 revenue program in the country. He is not leaving that job for us, especially after just one season.

That’s why I added a presumptuous “no” to the end of the first 3 names I mentioned lol. I think it comes down to Norvell, Napier, maybe HUD/Clark, & id like to see Clawson in the discussion too. But seems like Napier/Norvell is getting the most buzz. But then again, it always seems like there’s that 1 surprise candidate that no one was expecting to emerge. Wonder who that could be this go around....

HailStateSZN19
11-20-2019, 08:38 PM
Double post got me

Homedawg
11-20-2019, 08:39 PM

We aren't getting any of the first 3 you mentioned.

msstate7
11-20-2019, 08:40 PM

Who you think would be the most likely if we pull the trigger?

bobcat91
11-20-2019, 08:40 PM
Which is bringing me to my point. Our HC job isnt any better than the BB HC job that brought in Rick Ray. Our other choice was a UK assistant that was fast and loose in recruiting. The interest may be there with washouts like Butch Jones, guys who wont take the job or local flavors of the day like Clark, Norvell and Napier. Mullen was lightning in the bottle and elevated us into a 7-8 win team. As has been mentioned we can offer 5 million a year and still be stuck with the local flavors. Be careful for what you wish for.

Homedawg
11-20-2019, 08:41 PM

I'm sure he'd buy that since we haven't one the sec in almost 80 years. But there's a chance........

HailStateSZN19
11-20-2019, 08:42 PM

Again, I already know that. I thought the way I worded it made it sound like I know we’re not getting any of the first 3. I’d go for Norvell-Napier-Clawson. I think those are 3 solid realistic options.

msstate7
11-20-2019, 08:43 PM
Which is bringing me to my point. Our HC job isnt any better than the BB HC job that brought in Rick Ray. Our other choice was a UK assistant that was fast and loose in recruiting. The interest may be there with washouts like Butch Jones, guys who wont take the job or local flavors of the day like Clark, Norvell and Napier. Mullen was lightning in the bottle and elevated us into a 7-8 win team. As has been mentioned we can offer 5 million a year and still be stuck with the local flavors. Be careful for what you wish for.

What we have now is terrible.

viverlibre
11-20-2019, 08:44 PM
1. Freeze (that ain't happening) 2. Gus (if he gets fired and if he doesn't go to Ark) 3. Rich Rod

Really Clark?
11-20-2019, 08:46 PM

Well Norvall is leaving for a P5 job this year (if he is vets out good this time). Napier either this year or next will be plucked. So the RR analogy doesn’t work with them or several others mentioned. Bill Clark has a much better resume than RR did. So I don’t buy your premise at all.

HoopsDawg
11-20-2019, 08:53 PM
Guys, if you say Matt Rhule, you might as well say Urban Meyer. Brian Harsin is not a fit and is a no go. We missed our chance at Satterfield and Whittingham 2 years ago. That ship has sailed.

I would definitely reach out to Clawson, Matt Campbell, and Jeff Brohm. I would love any of those 3 but they are likely no's. Some will say Luke Fickell, I just don't think he's a fit and I think he would be a no. If we are going Group of 5, we need a guy who has coached in the SEC.

That brings us to Norvell, Napier, Clark, and Blake Anderson. I would be ok with any of these guys, but comparing resumes, I think Napier is the guy.

bobcat91
11-20-2019, 08:57 PM
Guys, if you say Matt Rhule, you might as well say Urban Meyer. Brian Harsin is not a fit and is a no go. We missed our chance at Satterfield and Whittingham 2 years ago. That ship has sailed.

I would definitely reach out to Clawson, Matt Campbell, and Jeff Brohm. I would love any of those 3 but they are likely no's. Some will say Luke Fickell, I just don't think he's a fit and I think he would be a no. If we are going Group of 5, we need a guy who has coached in the SEC.

That brings us to Norvell, Napier, Clark, and Blake Anderson. I would be ok with any of these guys, but comparing resumes, I think Napier is the guy.

And I dont think any of them is a HR hire.

bobcat91
11-20-2019, 08:58 PM
And Homedog, you like to say no to everything but I dont see your list on here. Care to join in?

HoopsDawg
11-20-2019, 08:59 PM

That's a really bad take, honestly it's ignorant. Our basketball program was a dumpster fire and no one wanted to touch it after Stansbury. To compare that search to this potential search is apples to oranges. We are a top 50 job in the college coaching profession.

msstate7
11-20-2019, 08:59 PM

Well, we currently have fielding error hire

KOdawg1
11-20-2019, 09:00 PM
Suggesting Hugh Freeze should be a bannable offense. That shit ain't happening, nor should it. I'd rather lose with Moorhead than win with that hypocrite.

TrapGame
11-20-2019, 09:00 PM
Norvell is on fire right now. He took Memphis up a notch from where Fruente had it. He will be a hot name for a P5 job this year. Local flavor my ass.

msstate7
11-20-2019, 09:01 PM
Suggesting Hugh Freeze should be a bannable offense. That shit ain't happening, nor should it. I'd rather lose with Moorhead than win with that hypocrite.

We obviously won't and shouldn't hire freeze, but Arkansas should be all over him imo

CoachT14
11-20-2019, 09:02 PM

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/ViciousCarefulAlaskanmalamute-size_restricted.gif

The only way we hire someone of Rick Ray's equivalency if Cohen decides to try and get fancy again and go after some mid-tier teams' RB Coach or OL coach. That would be equivalent of a Rick Ray type hire. He was the 2nd or 3rd assistant on an average Clemson basketball coaching staff.

Norvell and Napier aren't local flavors. Napier has pedigree and has proven to be pretty damn good at UL, while trying to turn it into his own version of Bama-lite. He will recruit better than any coach we've had if I had to guess. This could be a place he stays for quite awhile in my opinion. Norvell, on the other hand, has been a wanted commodity this year and last year. Some rumors about gamblings issues and other things led to a lot of team backing away last year. But his continued success won't keep the right suitors away much longer. The guy is taking 2-3 star talent and turning it into legitimate playmakers instead of making excuses like our current slob. His defense may be his only negative, but if we convince Shoop to stay, that negates any worry.

But hey, you keep living in worry with the but what if mentality, since they are only just the local flavors of the month in your mind.

bobcat91
Norvell is on fire right now. He took Memphis up a notch from where Fruente had it. He will be a hot name for a P5 job this year. Local flavor my ass.

With his baggage, no one outside outlaw schools are going to hire him. He will never be coach here.

HoopsDawg

That's fine. I don't even know what "homerun hire" means. There is a long list of non-homerun hires according to "fans" that have worked out very well.

KOdawg1
11-20-2019, 09:04 PM
With his baggage, no one outside outlaw schools are going to hire him. He will never be coach here.

What is this baggage everyone talks about? I've seen it thrown around, but can anyone tell me specifically what it is?

Randolph Dupree
Well, we currently have fielding error hire

lol. +1

bobcat91
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/ViciousCarefulAlaskanmalamute-size_restricted.gif

The only way we hire someone of Rick Ray's equivalency if Cohen decides to try and get fancy again and go after some mid-tier teams' RB Coach or OL coach. That would be equivalent of a Rick Ray type hire. He was the 2nd or 3rd assistant on an average Clemson basketball coaching staff.

Norvell and Napier aren't local flavors. Napier has pedigree and has proven to be pretty damn good at UL, while trying to turn it into his own version of Bama-lite. He will recruit better than any coach we've had if I had to guess. This could be a place he stays for quite awhile in my opinion. Norvell, on the other hand, has been a wanted commodity this year and last year. Some rumors about gamblings issues and other things led to a lot of team backing away last year. But his continued success won't keep the right suitors away much longer. The guy is taking 2-3 star talent and turning it into legitimate playmakers instead of making excuses like our current slob. His defense may be his only negative, but if we convince Shoop to stay, that negates any worry.

But hey, you keep living in worry with the but what if mentality, since they are only just the local flavors of the month in your mind.

Napier has a 10 game resume. That's ignorant. Norvell has gambling and women issues. He wont coach here. Hate to tell you guys but this is not a hot destination

Really Clark?
11-20-2019, 09:05 PM

Let’s bookmark this for later to see where he ends up.

bobcat91
11-20-2019, 09:06 PM
And I'm done, but the bottom line for all the let's hire a new coach, you may get what you ask for, but 2 years from now you will still be bitching.

CoachT14

You realize most people have come to believe these were just rumors that don't really have any substance? Or do you actually have anything relevant to add to the discussion other than completely unsubstantiated rumors?

msstate7
We might hire a bad coach, so we should just keep our current bad coach - bobcat

bobcat91
11-20-2019, 09:07 PM
Let’s bookmark this for later to see where he ends up.

Let's do. Hes radioactive

Randolph Dupree
1. Freeze (that ain't happening) 2. Gus (if he gets fired and if he doesn't go to Ark) 3. Rich Rod

Good for us that you aren't on the search committee. This is the list of coaches you want t if probation is your goal.

HoopsDawg
Napier has a 10 game resume. That's ignorant. Norvell has gambling and women issues. He wont coach here. Hate to tell you guys but this is not a hot destination

24, but carry on. You need to take a break from the keyboard tonight.

Fader21
Ruhle is a non-discussion for 95% of all college teams. He just signed an extension and the buyout to leave is enormous. NFL is his next stop most likely.

Or Penn State

TrapGame

If he had all this horrible, terrible, disgusting baggage everyone keeps mentioning he wouldn't be coaching period. He'd be in prison.

Really Clark?
That's fine. I don't even know what "homerun hire" means. There is a long list of non-homerun hires according to "fans" that have worked out very well.

Chip Kelly was considered the home run hire 2 years ago...let’s just get the right hire.

bobcat91
You realize most people have come to believe these were just rumors that don't really have any substance? Or do you actually have anything relevant to add to the discussion other than completely unsubstantiated rumors?

Hes still at Memphis so Ohio State didnt come

Homedawg
11-20-2019, 09:08 PM
Again, I already know that. I thought the way I worded it made it sound like I know we?re not getting any of the first 3. I?d go for Norvell-Napier-Clawson. I think those are 3 solid realistic options.

Certainly reasonable.

CoachT14
We might hire a bad coach, so we should just keep our current bad coach - bobcat

https://media1.giphy.com/media/3oeSACtXWKcCRcezSM/giphy.gif

TrapGame

Inaction is the best action.

FriarsPoint
I have no idea about Norvell’s negatives. But, let’s be honest, if it’s not covering for rapists, thieves, or prostitution, how bad could it be? My only worry with him is defense.

bobcat91
24, but carry on. You need to take a break from the keyboard tonight.

I'm channeling my inner Shotgun Dawg and will have 300 posts tonight

CoachT14
11-20-2019, 09:10 PM

uhhhh. He's coach 24 games at UL. How about you stop while you're this far behind instead of digging an even deeper hole? You have no idea what you're talking about, just throwing shit at the wall hoping it sticks. Probably the same way Slomo gameplans.

Really Clark?
11-20-2019, 09:10 PM
Let's do. Hes radioactive

No he’s not...Art Briles is radioactive. He’s nowhere close to that, get out of here. And your just spewing rumors from message boards. Why did ARK back off 2 years ago? No one really knows but he is not radioactive. That’s ridiculous

CoachT14
11-20-2019, 09:11 PM

Who said anything about Ohio State? Are you alright? You're saying a lot of off the wall stuff man.

KOdawg1
11-20-2019, 09:11 PM
What is this baggage everyone talks about? I've seen it thrown around, but can anyone tell me specifically what it is?

Bobcat, you haven't answered my question. What's his baggage?

Really Clark?
11-20-2019, 09:12 PM

And they were never going to, Ryan Day was tagged when we approached him 2 years ago. Where are you getting that anyway? Your just making crap up.

bobcat91
11-20-2019, 09:12 PM
Bobcat, you haven't answered my question. What's his baggage?

I did. Look at my earlier post.

Really Clark?
11-20-2019, 09:13 PM
Or Penn State

Possible, but only if he has a clause that will lower his buyout for them.

bobcat91
11-20-2019, 09:14 PM
And they were never going to, Ryan Day was tagged when we approached him 2 years ago. Where are you getting that anyway? Your just making crap up.

It's called exaggeration. Again wait and see if anyone hires him

Really Clark?
11-20-2019, 09:15 PM
It's called exaggeration. Again wait and see if anyone hires him

Dude you are about to look foolish, we will see in a few weeks

bobcat91
11-20-2019, 09:16 PM
Why are you guys fired up if we are going to just roll out the red carpet and money and hire anyone we want. I just asked for names and basically we are down to Norvell, Napier, Clark and maybe Clawson.

So who do you want and why?

bobcat91
11-20-2019, 09:16 PM
Dude you are about to look foolish, we will see in a few weeks
You are going to hide from me in a few weeks

Fader21
11-20-2019, 09:18 PM
The whole baggage thing is BS. I'm this day and age if this was truly going on it would be all over social media. He is a G5 head coach, a coach whose face got blown up over the last few months. People would recognize him out with college aged girls or casinos. He might have gambled as a position coach but not as a HC

CoachT14
11-20-2019, 09:20 PM
The whole baggage thing is BS. I'm this day and age if this was truly going on it would be all over social media. He is a G5 head coach, a coach whose face got blown up over the last few months. People would recognize him out with college aged girls or casinos. He might have gambled as a position coach but not as a HC

Shh... Logic isn't allowed in front of bobcat, just emotional message board rumors.

MrKotter
11-20-2019, 09:20 PM

What is this baggage you are so confident of? Doesn?t seem like anybody knows

Really Clark?
11-20-2019, 09:23 PM

Nope. Never have. Not once. Always been up front on here and admit when I miss something.

bobcat91
11-20-2019, 09:23 PM
Where is Coach34? Homedog? CadaverDawg? I dont see names from the ED intelligencia. Certainly they must know.
Steve said Napier would be down the list, but Outside the 4 or 5 named, I dont see anyone else. I guess Cohen will have an easy job since we have given him his list.

CoachT14
11-20-2019, 09:26 PM
Where is Coach34? Homedog? CadaverDawg? I dont see names from the ED intelligencia. Certainly they must know.
Steve said Napier would be down the list, but Outside the 4 or 5 named, I dont see anyone else. I guess Cohen will have an easy job since we have given him his list.

https://media0.giphy.com/media/qmfpjpAT2fJRK/giphy.gif

Really Clark?
11-20-2019, 09:26 PM

No one knows if there is any baggage at all. Some of the rumors doesn’t fly. The counter rumor is that there was false stuff planted so ARK would leave him alone. Some said he was gambling a lot and was an issue, even shady gambling which he wouldn’t even be coaching if that was true.

ShotgunDawg
11-20-2019, 09:27 PM

Talked to a buddy the other day that's friends with him.

Gambling and sleeping around.

My buddy said he's a MF'er, which is likely also why he's a good coach

bobcat91
11-20-2019, 09:37 PM
I'll just say that I have been a State fan from the time I was a student here. I saw Tech and ten. I've had season tickets for years and bleed maroon. I want what's best for us over the long haul. If I can live through the Felker and Croom years, I can live through anything. I just dont like our odds this year of getting a difference maker at coach. I want what's best, and if that's replacing Moorhead so be it, but I like our chances of running the table and at that point, I'm not sure we make a change.

timotheus
11-20-2019, 09:44 PM
Joe's record next year with a supposedly full roster with no suspensions etc will still yield 4-5 wins maybe. Does Cohen want to suffer through that with Joe or go ahead and move on in hopes of getting the program feeling positive again?

KOdawg1
11-20-2019, 09:46 PM
Talked to a buddy the other day that's friends with him.

Gambling and sleeping around.

My buddy said he's a MF'er, which is likely also why he's a good coach

We need a mf'er as our coach. That's the problem right now.

FriarsPoint
11-20-2019, 09:49 PM
We need a mf'er as our coach. That's the problem right now.

Yep. I want a ruthless, hard ass, s.o.b.

Jarius
11-20-2019, 09:56 PM

Steve did not say Napier would be “down the list”. He said he would get an interview and be a candidate. He said he had no idea if he would be the top candidate.

Cooterpoot
11-20-2019, 10:03 PM
Steve is reading message boards.

Jarius
11-20-2019, 10:05 PM
Maybe so. I’m just telling you what he actually said and not what was put on here that he said.

KOdawg1
11-20-2019, 10:06 PM
Yep. I want a ruthless, hard ass, s.o.b.

I know he's turned down a lot HC offers over the years, and he says he's happy where he's at, but man, I'd love to have this dude as our coach.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPQ6gUX_up4

It'd be guaranteed that our ass would be ready to play every week.

Captain Falcon
11-20-2019, 10:09 PM
Based on how these things normally go, it would probably be someone we aren?t even talking about right now (don?t know if that?s good or bad).

Realistically, Napier or Clark would probably be the most likely options today.

Captain Falcon
11-20-2019, 10:12 PM
I know he's turned down a lot HC offers over the years, and he says he's happy where he's at, but man, I'd love to have this dude as our coach.

I would love Venables but I don?t think he would come here. He?s one of the highest paid assistants in the country. I think if he ever takes a HC job it will be a bigger one than ours.

NCDawg
11-20-2019, 10:24 PM
I doubt we could pull satterfield from Louisville, but that would be a great hire. If we're willing to reach out to satterfield, I'd do the same to Dave clawson and Neal brown

I agree about Satterfield or Neal Brown, but we are probably too late now. Either would been a great hire, but Cohen chose to go in another direction.

KOdawg1
11-20-2019, 10:27 PM
I would love Venables but I don?t think he would come here. He?s one of the highest paid assistants in the country. I think if he ever takes a HC job it will be a bigger one than ours.

I agree. But it's fun to dream, right?

msstate7
11-20-2019, 10:56 PM
I agree about Satterfield or Neal Brown, but we are probably too late now. Either would been a great hire, but Cohen chose to go in another direction.

Clawson is the only one I think we have a shot at, and I don't think it's a good shot

msu15
11-20-2019, 11:14 PM

He did finish 2nd to Mullen in 08 lol

Todd4State
11-20-2019, 11:53 PM

We might have the next Frank Beamer on campus right now!*******

As it is my guess would be Napier or Hud.

I'm not sure that Cohen would risk another potential Cann situation with Norvell. I also think hiring Clark would be a major risk compared to the resume's of the other candidates. Unless he has Joe Brady in line to be our OC. Right now they're 8th in scoring offense and 10th in total offense in C-USA and are averaging fewer points than Joe is right now.

msstatelp1
11-21-2019, 09:33 AM

I hope you are trolling with your first choice but a few others have said it and I will say it...if Freeze is ever a part of our program, even if it's assistant to the assistant jock strap washer, I'm done with Mississippi State football. So quit throwing out the hypocrite's name.

Pipedream
11-21-2019, 10:00 AM
Clawson is the only one I think we have a shot at, and I don't think it's a good shot

I have heard we could get Brown if we wanted him. Wouldn't even have to bump his pay that much. Unfortunately, his star has faded a little bit, but he was left with Holgorsens ruins at WVU. He'd love to get back in the SEC as a HC, but I don't know if there's much difference in quality between he and Napier. Napier is a better recruiter and runs a run heavy scheme. Brown is an air raid guy. Think Napier is the better fit of those two tbh.

crackerjax
11-21-2019, 11:39 AM

Venables was my first choice two years ago. Wish we could get him to come. But doubt he would leave where he's at with his son on Clemson's team and another one on the way.

viverlibre
11-21-2019, 10:46 PM
I hope you are trolling with your first choice but a few others have said it and I will say it...if Freeze is ever a part of our program, even if it's assistant to the assistant jock strap washer, I'm done with Mississippi State football. So quit throwing out the hypocrite's name.

He's a low down dirty SOB, but a winner. He's probably not getting back in the SEC anytime soon, and even it so, it wouldn't be at MSU.

I'd love Gus, and be open to Rich Rod.

Indndawg
11-22-2019, 10:13 AM
Wasn't JWS "radioactive" when we signed him on in 90/91? Tired of this, bring in a good coach...that can coach and win.

The Federalist Engineer
11-22-2019, 09:38 PM
Josh Heupel

CoachT14
11-22-2019, 09:42 PM
Josh Heupel

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/ElectricWeepyAppaloosa-size_restricted.gif

I'm good. That would be an awful hire. He's been average at best this year, after taking over an extremely stacked program.

Apoplectic
11-22-2019, 09:55 PM
houston nutt

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-22-2019, 09:57 PM

Don?t want another Fordham coach.

Really Clark?
11-22-2019, 10:02 PM
Josh Heupel

Need to wait a few years. Looks like last year he just rode what Frost already had in place. Need to make sure he can develop and run a program on his own.

DownwardDawg
11-22-2019, 10:15 PM
Napier is my favorite. Then Hud.

DeputyDawg94
11-22-2019, 10:51 PM
We all gonna wake up on Black Friday like a bunch of 5 year olds looking to see what the Fat Bastard left under the Christmas tree only to find out the Intense Bastard gave us all a bag of coals and dog crap.***

Liverpooldawg
11-22-2019, 10:55 PM
Obviously it would have to be someone from this board.

KB21
11-22-2019, 11:10 PM
If and when a change is made, I’m betting that whoever Cohen ends up hiring will be a name no one has even mentioned.

Liverpooldawg
11-22-2019, 11:31 PM
If and when a change is made, I’m betting that whoever Cohen ends up hiring will be a name no one has even mentioned.

Winner winner chicken dinner.

Really Clark?
12-07-2019, 06:46 PM

Hiya Bobcat! Said we would bookmark this thread, figured this would be a good time to bump this thread since you thought I would be hiding from you a few weeks ago. That Norvell was radioactive and wouldn?t be hired because of his baggage....he?s going to FSU. The best job available this cycle. Another troll job or ignorantly speaking in absolutes about his background...but at least you claimed I would hide from you like your a badass...dumbass

Todd4State
12-07-2019, 07:43 PM
Hiya Bobcat! Said we would bookmark this thread, figured this would be a good time to bump this thread since you thought I would be hiding from you a few weeks ago. That Norvell was radioactive and wouldn?t be hired because of his baggage....he?s going to FSU. The best job available this cycle. Another troll job or ignorantly speaking in absolutes about his background...but at least you claimed I would hide from you like your a badass...dumbass

Clark gives Bobcat the Jelly of the Month Club gift that keeps on giving.

Really Clark?
12-07-2019, 07:48 PM

Hahaha!! Tried to rep you but have to spread it around. That was fantastic.

Todd4State
12-07-2019, 08:03 PM
Hahaha!! Tried to rep you but have to spread it around. That was fantastic.

I'll take this as rep.

bobcat91
12-07-2019, 11:11 PM

Yep, I'll man up. There is something in his background that no SEC school would touch. FSU is another matter. Congrats Seminoles. You hired the hot mediocre coach.

Homedawg
12-07-2019, 11:15 PM

That's classic!!

Really Clark?
12-07-2019, 11:38 PM
Yep, I'll man up. There is something in his background that no SEC school would touch. FSU is another matter. Congrats Seminoles. You hired the hot mediocre coach.

Haha, he could have had any SEC available this season. Any of them. Don’t double down on ignorance

TUSK
12-07-2019, 11:54 PM
Yep, I'll man up. Congrats Seminoles. I was incorrect.

Dude... This is the part where you say that^^^...

Bdawg
12-08-2019, 08:38 AM

Makes the hair on my neck stand up. But he is right, you really can't teach toughness. You got it or you don't. But if you have a coach who doesn't demand it, things could get a little lax throughout your program. I feel we are experiencing some of this right now.

Bdawg
12-08-2019, 08:47 AM

OM would have taken him in a heartbeat.

Dawgfan77
12-08-2019, 10:02 AM
If I?m AD my list would be
1. Napier
2. Drinkawitz
3 Hudspeth
If you got to four I would offer Sark