PDA

View Full Version : I will say this....

DogsofAnarchy
11-20-2019, 06:18 PM
I wouldn’t mind Billy Napier at all!! He is heads and shoulders better than what we have. But if we have the chance to hire MIKE NORVELL and we don’t....that is GROSS mismanagement by our administration. We absolutely cannot pass on Norvell. He is a sure thing. Best communicator with southern players I have ever heard. They respect him and they are a little scared of the guy. And that is a GREAT thing as a coach!!

ShotgunDawg
11-20-2019, 06:29 PM
I would've agreed that we wouldn't have hired Norvell last time but I'm sure we can play around this time.

You can survive 1 bad hire that is removes promptly, but 2 bad hires in a row can really destroy a program.

Gotta get the best coach this time.

TrapGame
11-20-2019, 08:07 PM
At this point I'm in the Norvell camp. Reece and the boys on ESPN Tuesday night were really talking him up. He's going to be another school's head coach very soon.

DogsofAnarchy
11-20-2019, 09:56 PM
At this point I'm in the Norvell camp. Reece and the boys on ESPN Tuesday night were really talking him up. He's going to be another school's head coach very soon.

If we have the chance to hire him and we don’t. Our administration needs to resign.

dawgday166
11-20-2019, 11:00 PM

We usually agree but personally I'm not buying Norvell. His D should be better in his own conference than it is IMO. Reece & Co were high on Moorhead too.

I LOVED having the D we had last year. We can put Ds close to that category on the field at MSU consistently IMO.
Mississippi has that kinda talent on D side of ball. O don't have to be near as good (but it does need a pulse against other Ds with a pulse too).

DogsofAnarchy
11-20-2019, 11:56 PM
We usually agree but personally I'm not buying Norvell. His D should be better in his own conference than it is IMO. Reece & Co were high on Moorhead too.

I LOVED having the D we had last year. We can put Ds close to that category on the field at MSU consistently IMO.
Mississippi has that kinda talent on D side of ball. O don't have to be near as good (but it does need a pulse against other Ds with a pulse too).

At Memphis it is just the opposite. They have a tough time getting defensive players. They always have. He would have a better defense at MSU and his Offenses are prolific. He has proven he can adapt to the talent he has. He can throw the ball or he can run it. He is a gifted play caller and his schemes are tough to defend. He is too good of a coach to pass on if we have the chance to get him. Once again, I like Billy Napier also but for me Mike Norvell has the intangibles.

Goldendawg
11-20-2019, 11:57 PM
Haven't seen many smiles from anyone in our FB program since the pictures from the water park this past summer! SEC West FB is a tough game. Better get and stay ready. Hail State!

Todd4State
11-21-2019, 01:09 AM
I'm fine with Norvell as long as he keeps Shoop or pulls Grantham.