PDA

View Full Version : So I see a lot of you guys are waivering....

Coach 57
10-28-2013, 02:19 PM
So I get in here and see some of you are waivering. And to be honest some of you it is expected and others (C34 looking at you & engie). Guys we are very young. Mullen has definitely made some stupid mistakes. I agree, but this team has an upset in them for sure. I was in Gainsville the night we beat UF it was awesome! We will need an effort much like that one to prevail but it happened. It took KJ striping the ball, a missed long FG & us brutalizing their defensive front in small increments for us to win. But we won! It happened then with a much less talented QB than we have now. And BTW, stop listening to the guy named "coach" he don't know the difference between quarterback Vs quarterpounder.

Behrdawg
10-28-2013, 02:21 PM
That was a mighty Florida team, too. Damn...they were world beaters

Where is the top 12 win? top 15? ****...top 25 besides UM in year 1?

Political Hack
10-28-2013, 02:31 PM
locker room is in high spirits from what I was told. going to be a good week of work and then they're going to shock the sec.

engie
10-28-2013, 02:34 PM
He gives us an upset and everyone will shut up and at least get back on the fence. That's the main thing everyone is asking. Get us bowl eligible. It'll take as big of upset as we've had under Mullen for that to happen...

The fact that we are young isn't a very good excuse to me in year 5. And the larger point is that the whole SECw is young. OM, Auburn, Arky, Kentucky are all younger than we are...as is LSU on defense. I agree that the first and second year players(plus Dak) are the bright spots of our team right now -- and it would be OK if it was the young guys making the boneheaded plays -- but it largely isn't. It's McKinney at times. It's Autry. It's Whitley. It's Day and Siddoway jumping. It's Malcolm with the dropsies.

I'm fine with Richie and Beniquez Brown missing tackles and assignments. Or Justin Senior and Jamaal Clayborn jumping offsides. Or Fred Ross/DeRunnya occasionally dropping passes and missing perimeter blocks. Hell, I'm even understanding of Justin Cox blowing coverages. When it's our upperclassmen, we've got a much bigger problem than simply being young IMO. Hopefully Mullen proves me wrong.

I'm on the record:

Beat South Carolina - it's a signature win.
Beat aTm - it's a signature win.
Beat Arkansas - it's not a signature win -- but it's a big and memorable ass win because it erases another extended negative statistic for us like Auburn(first opening SEC win in 12 or 13 years) and Tennessee(first victory over them since 94) last year.
Beat Ole Miss - it's a signature win. They have an excellent chance of being ranked in the top 20 at that point if they get past Mizzou -- and top 25 if they don't.

PassInterference
10-28-2013, 02:39 PM
I will never ever ever call beating Ole Miss a signature win. I'll be thrilled as all get out when we beat them, but I will not call it a signature win.

BogeyGolfer
10-28-2013, 02:42 PM
Some of you really need to take a step back or even a week off from CFB. As I have stated many times, let the season play out then we can evaluate Mullen's performance. I still think we beat Ark and Ole Miss. I do not believe we will beat SC or AM.... Sorry... I will say that our admin, and fans need to be all in and we need to organize our resources and if Dan and Stricklin will not support the effort, both need to consider stepping down. Yes, we looked like shit beating BG and UK but we still won...it's all that matters.

Goat Holder
10-28-2013, 02:47 PM
He gives us an upset and everyone will shut up and at least get back on the fence. That's the main thing everyone is asking.

It's not "everyone". You are part of the vocal minority.

msugolf
10-28-2013, 02:48 PM
Unfortunately, what most non-State fans remember about that Florida game was how bad Florida was and the fact they got beat by a team that didn't complete a pass in the 2nd half. Do you think State fans would still brag about how we beat Auburn in 2008 if we would've kicked a fg and won 5-3?

Op4isabitch
10-28-2013, 02:48 PM
Not me, no wavering here. I'm off the Mullen Band Wagon and it will be up to him to get me back on it, if and that is a HUGE if, he can get an upset win against SC or a&m plus a win in the Egg Bowl, maybe I will re-up for the Dan Plan.

However I feel certain not only will that not happen but we will in fact not win another game this season.

CJDAWG85
10-28-2013, 02:55 PM
Wasn't Florida ranked?

bluelightstar
10-28-2013, 02:57 PM

If engie is in the minority (which I don't think he is), it's a 49% minority.

Todd4State
10-28-2013, 03:00 PM
57- didn't you say that Chris Wilson wasn't going anywhere last year too?

Coach 57
10-28-2013, 03:07 PM
Wow, the negativity is running wild. First if all the UF team we beat at the time was ACTUALLY ranked. And I also think it is funny as people try to skew the bar. "Has be beat a top 2? Or a top 23? A top 4 ?" Stop skewing the bar ranked is ranked! And we are in the SEC where it is as cut throat as can be in recruiting. I hate the ranking system PERIOD! Any win Vs UF, UGA or UT is a big win as their recruiting basis is FAR BETTER overall than ours! They ACTUALLY have titles & more prestige overall than we do. Our fanbase's problem was/is expectation level. We get all funny & cute when we bash the rebels about it but are we any different? Guys like downwarddawg, Ops(whatever), preachermatt & coach (not C34) are the morons that leave the game in the 4th when the game is still in the balance but then bag on UM when their fans do the same thing. Let the season play out! I started to tell you guys last week that recruits were being told by other coaches to read the boards and hear how we were reacting to a coach who is STILL trying to get them to come here. But it would've fell on deaf ears. Wow, just wow.

Coach 57
10-28-2013, 03:08 PM
57- didn't you say that Chris Wilson wasn't going anywhere last year too?

Nope I didn't say that. I ACTUALLY knew he was shopping his talents after the A&M game.

Tbonewannabe
10-28-2013, 03:11 PM

I would say everyone wants improved play in the 2nd half, mostly due to coaching.

engie
10-28-2013, 03:16 PM
Some of you really need to take a step back or even a week off from CFB. As I have stated many times, let the season play out then we can evaluate Mullen's performance. I still think we beat Ark and Ole Miss. I do not believe we will beat SC or AM.... Sorry... I will say that our admin, and fans need to be all in and we need to organize our resources and if Dan and Stricklin will not support the effort, both need to consider stepping down. Yes, we looked like shit beating BG and UK but we still won...it's all that matters.

So, will you make congratulatory thread for "being right" about your 5-7 prediction when(IF) we go 6-6?**

msstate7
10-28-2013, 03:19 PM
Unfortunately, what most non-State fans remember about that Florida game was how bad Florida was and the fact they got beat by a team that didn't complete a pass in the 2nd half. Do you think State fans would still brag about how we beat Auburn in 2008 if we would've kicked a fg and won 5-3?

How many games did urban Meyer lose in the swamp?

Op4isabitch
10-28-2013, 03:21 PM
Wow, the negativity is running wild. First if all the UF team we beat at the time was ACTUALLY ranked. And I also think it is funny as people try to skew the bar. "Has be beat a top 2? Or a top 23? A top 4 ?" Stop skewing the bar ranked is ranked! And we are in the SEC where it is as cut throat as can be in recruiting. I hate the ranking system PERIOD! Any win Vs UF, UGA or UT is a big win as their recruiting basis is FAR BETTER overall than ours! They ACTUALLY have titles & more prestige overall than we do. Our fanbase's problem was/is expectation level. We get all funny & cute when we bash the rebels about it but are we any different? Guys like downwarddawg, Ops(whatever), preachermatt & coach (not C34) are the morons that leave the game in the 4th when the game is still in the balance but then bag on UM when their fans do the same thing. Let the season play out! I started to tell you guys last week that recruits were being told by other coaches to read the boards and hear how we were reacting to a coach who is STILL trying to get them to come here. But it would've fell on deaf ears. Wow, just wow.

See 57, that's why you shouldn't generalize. I have left one game before the end in the last 11 years! I attended every single home game during the Croom years and the only game I left early was the LSU game in the rain when Henig completed more passes to the LSU receivers than their own QB.

Look I don't care if you are for keeping Mullen, that's your choice, go with it. My opinion is that Mullen has his plateau here at State. We have come close to winning several close games but we haven't been able to finish it off and put the other team away!

Good teams find a way to win, bad teams find a way to lose.
Good Coaches find a way to win, bad Coaches find a way to lose.

BogeyGolfer
10-28-2013, 03:23 PM
But I've been spot on so far...

engie
10-28-2013, 03:25 PM
wat?

He gives us an upset and everyone will shut up and at least get back on the fence. That's the main thing everyone is asking.
The quantifying statements "shut up" and "back on the fence" provide the parameters that my statement ONLY pertains to people that are bitching and are otherwise currently off the bandwagon like myself. It obviously has nothing to do with people still on the Mullen bandwagon.

Dawgtini
10-28-2013, 03:25 PM
Florida finished 8-5 and beat Penn State in the Outback Bowl. They were ranked #22 when we beat them.

"The Bulldogs ran early, ran late and ended up running out of the Swamp with a signature win for their second-year coach. Thanks to Vick Ballard, Chris Relf and a blitzing defense, they handed No. 22 Florida a third consecutive loss, 10-7 on Saturday night."

"The Bulldogs, whose victory over Florida in 2004 led to Zook's firing, won in Gainesville for the first time since 1965. They snapped a 16-game losing streak at Florida Field ..."

Mississippi St 10
(5-2, 2-2 SEC)

(22) Florida 7
(4-3, 2-3 SEC)
Coverage: ESPNU
7:00 PM ET, October 16, 2010
BEN HILL GRIFFIN STADIUM, GAINESVILLE, FL
1 2 3 4 T
MSST 10 0 0 0 10
#22 FLA 0 0 7 0 7
Top Performers
Passing: J. Brantley (FLA) - 210 YDS, 1 INT
Rushing: C. Relf (MSST) - 22 CAR, 82 YDS, 1 TD
Receiving: F. Hammond (FLA) - 5 REC, 69 YDS

engie
10-28-2013, 04:03 PM
First if all the UF team we beat at the time was ACTUALLY ranked. Any win Vs UF, UGA or UT is a big win as their recruiting basis is FAR BETTER overall than ours! They ACTUALLY have titles & more prestige overall than we do.

I agree with you on the part I quoted.

IMO
Ole Miss 2009 was a signature win.
Florida 2010 was a signature win.

Georgia 2010 was a very good win.
Kentucky 2009 and 2010 were good wins(2 SEC bowl teams)
Michigan 2010 was a very good win.

MTSU 2009 was a nice win(on the road and the won 10 games).
Wake Forest 2011 was a nice win.

The other wins mentioned were big because of the names on the jersey, but the actual teams, not so much...

Just so my "measuring scale" is out there...

Merely getting bowl eligible this year will put at least one more win in the very top category on this list...

Coach66
10-28-2013, 04:17 PM
nm

Dawgface
10-28-2013, 04:18 PM
With the extension talk and Hud supposedly not interested, it's no wonder some are wavering. Not much choice.

Johnson85
10-28-2013, 04:19 PM
I agree with you on the part I quoted.

IMO
Ole Miss 2009 was a signature win.
Florida 2010 was a signature win.

Georgia 2010 was a very good win.
Kentucky 2009 and 2010 were good wins(2 SEC bowl teams)
Michigan 2010 was a very good win.

MTSU 2009 was a nice win(on the road and the won 10 games).
Wake Forest 2011 was a nice win.

The other wins mentioned were big because of the names on the jersey, but the actual teams, not so much...

Just so my "measuring scale" is out there...

Merely getting bowl eligible this year will put at least one more win in the very top category on this list...

Florida is Mullen's signature win. It will still be his signature win if he beats Ole Miss this year. USCe or A&M could pass it if they perform well otherwise. As flawed as Michigan was, beating Michigan will still be more of a signature win than beating Ole Miss this year. You get more credit for beating a down big name school than beating a have not on a temporary upswing.

Goat Holder
10-28-2013, 04:26 PM
Agreed. Mullen beating Urban in the swamp put him on the map.

engie
10-28-2013, 04:27 PM
Florida is Mullen's signature win. It will still be his signature win if he beats Ole Miss this year. USCe or A&M could pass it if they perform well otherwise. As flawed as Michigan was, beating Michigan will still be more of a signature win than beating Ole Miss this year. You get more credit for beating a down big name school than beating a have not on a temporary upswing.

I look at who and what you actually beat and how big that accomplishment is -- not the name on the jersey. I'm not providing a national definition of what a signature win is. I'm providing my definition based on the actual quality of the teams beaten and the implications those wins had.

Ole Miss will have at least 7 wins when they come to Starkville and could easily have 8... That makes this OM game = the 2009 Egg game in my mind. Which also = the Florida game as far as the quality of the team beaten.

Florida is definitely ahead in the general perspective around the country because it was on the road, it was Urban coming off a dynasty, and we hadn't won there in so long.

Goat Holder
10-28-2013, 04:30 PM
Name on the jersey is absolutely significant. Any time MSU rolls up an SEC 'have' it's significant. Beating Florida, Georgia, Auburn and Tennessee were all big wins for us. Maybe not all signature, but big. Check the all-time records for those teams vs. us.

Croom beat an undefeated and ranked Vanderbilt team in 2008. Nobody gave a shit. And we should expect to beat Ole Miss at home. Those aren't signature wins. Unless they are Top 10 or something.

And I agree with you on Florida.

engie
10-28-2013, 04:46 PM
With the extension talk and Hud supposedly not interested, it's no wonder some are wavering. Not much choice.

Don't buy into the Hud "interest level" talk. The talk of him having "a bunch of offers, some of which he likes more than MSU" is coming from his agent, whose job is to shop him to the highest bidder and/or get him the best contract available. Saying "Mississippi State is his dream job and he wants to be there" would be asinine for someone in that position to do. The other people saying this are still Mullen supporters supporting an agenda.

Fact is, Hud has told everyone with a pulse what he wants for years now. He's was cozy with our biggest money people last offseason and is still in contact with them consistently. That wouldn't make much sense to do if he suddenly wasn't interested in being our coach...

I don't pretend to know what Stricklin is thinking -- and if he intends to give Mullen an extension as rumored, it makes plenty of sense for our administration to leak the rumors of Hud not being interested in order to try to get ahead of the backlash from the growing number of people like myself who think that's a better direction to go. If that's what they are doing, they are playing a very dangerous game, with Mark having a direct line to the people who pay Strick's salary with the ability to quash any such rumors if they aren't 100% factual.

I don't know what's going to happen -- but there's going to be ALOT more to this story before it's over...

engie
10-28-2013, 04:52 PM
Name on the jersey is absolutely significant. Any time MSU rolls up an SEC 'have' it's significant. Beating Florida, Georgia, Auburn and Tennessee were all big wins for us. Maybe not all signature, but big. Check the all-time records for those teams vs. us.

Croom beat an undefeated and ranked Vanderbilt team in 2008. Nobody gave a shit. And we should expect to beat Ole Miss at home. Those aren't signature wins. Unless they are Top 10 or something.

And I agree with you on Florida.

Is this not basically what I said in the previous 2 posts with full quantification?

Beating a top 25 OM at home = beating a top 25 OM at home in 2009 = beating a top 25 Florida in the Swamp in 2010. Maybe not to the outside world, who I made it pretty clear I was not speaking for. But to me -- because I'm basing this on the actual quality of the teams we beat instead of the names on their jersey...

Sagarin:
OM 09 - 19
Florida 10 - 24
OM(current and likely to hold or improve slightly) - 26

Political Hack
10-28-2013, 05:39 PM
I don't think anyone has said Hud isn't interested. I think C34 and I have both been big proponents of keeping CDM. We've also shared that Hud could possibly be considering other options, or posturing for the job here... and we're not sure which it is. I'm not sure anyone other than Hud would know that.

However, none of that matters if Strick extends CDM. They need to hurry up and do it to squash all the BS IMO.

drunkernhelldawg
10-28-2013, 05:45 PM
I don't think anyone has said Hud isn't interested. I think C34 and I have both been big proponents of keeping CDM. We've also shared that Hud could possibly be considering other options, or posturing for the job here... and we're not sure which it is. I'm not sure anyone other than Hud would know that.

However, none of that matters if Strick extends CDM. They need to hurry up and do it to squash all the BS IMO.

That won't squash anything. It will fan the flames. Just don't.

engie
10-28-2013, 08:19 PM

If Strick and Keenum are extending him without the ultimate approval of the Cigar Boys, which I can't imagine them having in anywhere near a consensus right now given everything I've heard from that direction, it would seem that they are putting themselves squarely on the chopping block for a total housecleaning, would it not?

If these last 5 games go how I expect them to with the amount of unrest already out there, someone's head is going to roll... That much I'm pretty confident about. Not sure whose yet -- but someone's.

I see no possible way that you get everything you want out of this, Hack, which I've surmised to be administrative changes(and compliance changes by proxy) -- along with CDM still being our coach. Seems highly likely to me with Strick's apparent position in this contract discussion that he's tied himself to CDM -- for better for worse. So, do you prefer we keep Bracky, Strick, and the entire system that's in place along with Mullen -- or we have a total housecleaning in compliance and the AD's office along with Hud?

Political Hack
10-28-2013, 08:24 PM
I don't necessarily think Strick should be fired. I think he needs to start doing a better job, but him doing a great job would be far better than a transplant doing a great job.

I think AD issues and HBC issues can be managed separately regardless. You can't fire your AD and HBC and then hire a new AD and ask him to immediately hire a new HBC. Won't work that way.

Op4isabitch
10-28-2013, 08:43 PM
Hack,didnt the bears do just that? I know they had the selection committee but didn't Bjork step in and hire Bucky right away?

engie
10-28-2013, 08:44 PM
I don't necessarily think Strick should be fired. I think he needs to start doing a better job, but him doing a great job would be far better than a transplant doing a great job.

I think AD issues and HBC issues can be managed separately regardless. You can't fire your AD and HBC and then hire a new AD and ask him to immediately hire a new HBC. Won't work that way.

I would normally agree that you can't have an AD and coaching search at the same time. It's not seeming like "normal" circumstance to me at this point. Meaning that if Stricklin is outside the will of the Cigar Boys right now -- and costs them an extra couple extra million in defiance of a decision that they've already basically made -- I don't see any possible way that we avoid a search for both positions concurrently. At which point, we'd have to use the OM blueprint and hire the HC first -- followed by a national coaching search for athletics director, who would almost assuredly have no ties to MSU.

Of course, this is all speculation on my part. I don't know what the Cigar Boys are actually telling him. Just what a few of them are telling other people...

engie
10-28-2013, 08:46 PM
Hack,didnt the bears do just that? I know they had the selection committee but didn't Bjork step in and hire Bucky right away?

Freeze was hired long before Bjork got there... Archie and Glenn took their recommendation to Dan Jones -- and he actually made the hire.

Freeze was basically hired by their Cigar Boys...

Schultzy
10-28-2013, 08:47 PM
Don't buy into the Hud "interest level" talk. The talk of him having "a bunch of offers, some of which he likes more than MSU" is coming from his agent, whose job is to shop him to the highest bidder and/or get him the best contract available. Saying "Mississippi State is his dream job and he wants to be there" would be asinine for someone in that position to do. The other people saying this are still Mullen supporters supporting an agenda.

Fact is, Hud has told everyone with a pulse what he wants for years now. He's was cozy with our biggest money people last offseason and is still in contact with them consistently. That wouldn't make much sense to do if he suddenly wasn't interested in being our coach...

I don't pretend to know what Stricklin is thinking -- and if he intends to give Mullen an extension as rumored, it makes plenty of sense for our administration to leak the rumors of Hud not being interested in order to try to get ahead of the backlash from the growing number of people like myself who think that's a better direction to go. If that's what they are doing, they are playing a very dangerous game, with Mark having a direct line to the people who pay Strick's salary with the ability to quash any such rumors if they aren't 100% factual.

I don't know what's going to happen -- but there's going to be ALOT more to this story before it's over...

You ever thought about writing a non fiction thriller? That third paragraph was Grishamesque.

Complete with a tune in next week to see what happens teaser!

engie
10-28-2013, 08:50 PM
You ever thought about writing a non fiction thriller? That third paragraph was Grishamesque.

You ever think about actually adding something to the board outside of questioning everything I and Hack have to say?

HoopsDawg
10-28-2013, 08:53 PM

That is just flat out 100% wrong. He is nowhere near the minority. But almost everyone is willing to give Mullen the benefit of the doubt until the season is over.

Schultzy
10-28-2013, 08:55 PM
You ever think about actually adding something to the board?

Well, I did alert the others about the fiction you were telling us a day before the contract extension information came out.

engie
10-28-2013, 09:08 PM
Well, I did alert the others about the fiction you were telling us a day before the contract extension information came out.

Yep -- and there's no extension out there yet, is it?(the extension from last year, no less) -- meaning we only owe him 2.25 years right now.

Meanwhile, I've since heard from several more people that the Cigar Boys are behind Hudspeth while Strick/Keenum are aligning with Mullen. When we finish 1-4 as appears likely with another loss to OM, heads are ready to roll. You can then say you heard it here first.

Of course, you'll disappear and/or backtrack quicker than Sandman and Goat did over the total 100% impossibility that we would even entertain the idea of tearing down the grandstand at Dudy Noble... Know how many MSU fans have told me I was crazy since I first started saying that was what had to happen since I visited Baum for the first time in 07? Hell, there's plenty of recent archives on this very website. Check them out*** But I didn't know what I was talking about.

Noxdog
10-28-2013, 09:17 PM
He has never been wrong in the history of the interwebs.

Yep -- and there's no extension out there yet, is it?(the extension from last year, no less) -- meaning we only owe him 2.25 years right now.

Meanwhile, I've since heard from several more people that the Cigar Boys are behind Hudspeth while Strick/Keenum are aligning with Mullen. When we finish 1-4 as appears likely with another loss to OM, heads are ready to roll. You can then say you heard it here first.

Of course, you'll disappear and/or backtrack quicker than Sandman and Goat did over the total 100% impossibility that we would even entertain the idea of tearing down the grandstand at Dudy Noble... Know how many MSU fans have told me I was crazy since I first started saying that was what had to happen since I visited Baum for the first time in 07? Hell, there's plenty of recent archives on this very website. Check them out*** But I didn't know what I was talking about.

DownwardDawg
10-28-2013, 09:31 PM
That Florida win in the swamp was and still is HUGE to me. I don't care what people say. So was the UGA win at home. 1st time in 764 years!!!! (or so it seemed)

engie
10-28-2013, 09:44 PM
He has never been wrong in the history of the interwebs.

Oh I've been wrong plenty. And unlike most, I don't hide from it -- nor am I too proud to publicly admit it when I am.

I was wrong about Mullen and the direction of our program last offseason -- and it's left me owing and giving a bunch of "negadawgs" apologies...

Thanks for signing up for the fan club though. Autograph is in the mail**

Schultzy
10-28-2013, 09:46 PM

I have total confidence in you, Engie this whole stadium thing has me sold. You're selling crazy and I'm buying in droves. Let's get this first novel going and I want to be your agent. Talent like yours must not go un-tapped so get to writing and I'll call Random House!

engie
10-28-2013, 10:12 PM
I have total confidence in you, Engie this whole stadium thing has me sold. You're selling crazy and I'm buying in droves. Let's get this first novel going and I want to be your agent. Talent like yours must not go un-tapped so get to writing and I'll call Random House!

Sounds good.

Wonder what creative liberties we'd have to take on the story of the state of the program from LT to Byrne to Stricklin to avoid plagairism of Animal Farm?

Todd4State
10-28-2013, 11:44 PM
The bottom line is Dan needs to shit or get off the pot. He has five chances or logically something is going to happen.

But whatever happens, I still stand by my opinion that Hud would be a better option for us than Dan long and short term.

Dawgfan77
10-29-2013, 06:39 AM
I am in agreement with Todd on this one that Dan has 5 games left, really 4 as ARK is terrible, to either get the fan base back or lose them forever. If we finish 5-7 with a home loss to OM and the momentum they have there is no way this fan base will support Mullen in 14. With the money invested in facilities and expansion you cannot afford to keep someone that has the fan base so divided. We need to stand up to the fans who have accepted mediocrity for so long, the time to win is now, we have more money than we have ever had, we have better facilities top to bottom than we have ever had, and we have as much talent top to bottom other than kicker than we have had since 1999. The world of college football has changed today its no longer a 5 year build you can win and you can win at MSU, but you have to have the right guy.

Op4isabitch
10-29-2013, 07:29 AM
The bottom line is Dan needs to shit or get off the pot. He has five chances or logically something is going to happen.

But whatever happens, I still stand by my opinion that Hud would be a better option for us than Dan long and short term.

Todd you nailed it, exactly how I feel.

Coach 57
10-29-2013, 08:00 AM
Guys (Todd & others) I know the Hudspeths. I am from the area, and I can tell you that in order for this rivalry to get ratcheted up to an all time high we need two guys from the state. Mark knows them all too well. But the only difference between what you guys are saying & what I am saying is that I want the season to play itself out. If we crap the bed I will be the FIRST to tell you you were right. But, we have 5 games left to get 2 wins! Let the season play out. I honestly don't think we'll get them (the W's) until the last two games. And if we lose the next 3 I think it REALLY hurts the program screaming "the sky is falling" while we are in full blown recruiting mode right now! That's all I saying. If he doesn't ratchet it up after thanksgiving I will be on your side of the fence until I see h improve as a HC. But right now, I am in "wait & see" mode.

Bo Darville
10-29-2013, 09:34 AM

I like Mullen and think he has done a good job. I will be supportive if he returns. However, I wouldn't mind seeing a switch made to Hud. Maybe I am drinking the Hud kool-aid and am terribly off-base. But I like the way he coaches and I think he understands this state and our university. I think Mullen is a good option, but I think Hud is a better option. Just my opinion and I might be singing a different tune in a few weeks.