PDA

View Full Version : SPS say nine girls were late for a shootaround?

SailingDawg
11-20-2019, 04:07 PM
Any word on this? I imagine Vic would lay down the law on any such event.

Commercecomet24
11-20-2019, 04:12 PM
Pray for those girls! Vic ain't joe !

NCMSTFAN
11-20-2019, 04:12 PM
Vic talked about it, he said that has never happened to him in 30 years of coaching. He was very mad about it. He said initially he was going to only send 4 players out to start the games and take the technical foul, but apparently Myah Taylor talked him out of it. I'm sure he will get it corrected, Vic is fair but also a very tough coach who holds everyone accountable.

ShotgunDawg
11-20-2019, 04:15 PM
This doesn't make any sense.

9?

That sounds way more like a lack of communication by the coaching about what time shoot around was than the girl's fault.

NCMSTFAN
11-20-2019, 04:16 PM
I'm not sure which 4 girls showed up for the shoot around, but you would think girls like Danberry, Bibby, EH, Carter, Taylor etc would step up and make sure everyone is where they are supposed to be. That's what team captains and leaders are for and I'm not putting the blame on them, but its not a good sign when 9 of your player decide to miss shoot around before a game.

ShotgunDawg
11-20-2019, 04:17 PM
This is idiocy.

Over half the team doesn't miss something unless they are in class or incorrect directions were given. Use your brain here.

NCMSTFAN
11-20-2019, 04:20 PM
This is idiocy.

Over half the team doesn't miss something unless they are in class or incorrect directions were given. Use your brain here.

It may be that, but I'm only going off what Shaeffer said, he mentioned nothing about a mix up in time.

NCMSTFAN
11-20-2019, 04:23 PM
Here is what Coach said:

Mississippi State has a shoot-around session roughly five and a half hours before every home game. When Schaefer walked onto the court at Humphrey Coliseum Monday afternoon, only four of his 13 players were present. The other nine were late.

"I've never had that happened," said Schaefer, who has coached in the college ranks for over three decades. "Usually your leadership will get people out on time. Usually on game day everybody is fired up and out there."

Schaefer likened the tardiness to "immaturity."

"It's glaring," he said. "Almost to a point where it's embarrassing, to be honest with you."

"The bottom line is I have not done a good job as a coach," Schaefer said. "So this is what you get tonight."

dawgday166
11-20-2019, 04:23 PM
Vic talked about it, he said that has never happened to him in 30 years of coaching. He was very mad about it. He said initially he was going to only send 4 players out to start the games and take the technical foul, but apparently Myah Taylor talked him out of it. I'm sure he will get it corrected, Vic is fair but also a very tough coach who holds everyone accountable.

Which means we would've only won by 25 then.

NCMSTFAN
11-20-2019, 04:28 PM
Which means we would've only won by 25 then.

That's definitely not the point. MSU Women's basketball has become one of the top programs in the country, you see teams like UCONN, Oregon, Baylor, South Carolina etc. in the thick of thing year in and year out because of great recruiting and great coaching. Vic comes from that mold as is proving that each year, this isn't a huge deal but it is a great teaching point to these girls and Vic will correct it.

dawgday166
11-20-2019, 04:29 PM
That's definitely not the point. MSU Women's basketball has become one of the top programs in the country, you see teams like UCONN, Oregon, Baylor, South Carolina etc. in the thick of thing year in and year out because of great recruiting and great coaching. Vic comes from that mold as is proving that each year, this isn't a huge deal but it is a great teaching point to these girls and Vic will correct it.

I know the point. I should've used these *******