PDA

View Full Version : Rosebowl on Boneyard

ShotgunDawg
11-20-2019, 02:42 PM
"There are influential people among the MSU family that don't believe we are seeing enough progress this season to believe we will be any better next year. Therefore, why not make the change now and let next year's down year be the transition year."

"There have been steps taken to ensure the continuity of MSU football. Feelers have been put out to agents to get a feel for the interest in the job should it come open. There has been interest."

bigplayslay
11-20-2019, 02:43 PM
Is there any truth to the rumors of Norvell, Hud, and Napier reaching out?

Coursesuper
11-20-2019, 02:44 PM
This is a good thing.

PKADogs55
11-20-2019, 02:45 PM
The "Waiting Game" is going to suck over the next few weeks!

ShotgunDawg
11-20-2019, 02:45 PM

I don't know but I'd guess there is a really good reason why all those names have surfaced this week.

Captain Falcon
11-20-2019, 02:46 PM

I have no doubt that Hud and Napier would be interested. Not sure on Norvell.

Homedawg
11-20-2019, 02:46 PM
"There are influential people among the MSU family that don't believe we are seeing enough progress this season to believe we will be any better next year. Therefore, why not make the change now and let next year's down year be the transition year."

"There have been steps taken to ensure the continuity of MSU football. Feelers have been put out to agents to get a feel for the interest in the job should it come open. There has been interest."

Took him long enough. 3 weeks ago, "joe moorhead will be your coach just accept it". He and 007 we on the same ship....

TNDawg35
11-20-2019, 02:48 PM

Norvelle has the been the main one and was also the first to reach out...

Political Hack
Clark. Probably Napier. I'm sure Hud has reached out.

ShotgunDawg
Another thing. I think the emergence of this info shows that our administration is sending a clear shot across the bow of this coaching staff.

Coursesuper
11-20-2019, 02:49 PM
Took him long enough. 3 weeks ago, "joe moorhead will be your coach just accept it".

You know as well as I do that he has been given the green light to spread this message, it started yesterday with Murray and will continue. Before this they were passing along the party line.

ShotgunDawg
11-20-2019, 02:50 PM
You know as well as I do that he has been given the green light to spread this message, it started yesterday with Murray and will continue. Before this they were passing along the party line.

Which I get but is also a problem.

There is a market for sports talk radio in Mississippi that just says it like it is.

Really Clark?
11-20-2019, 02:53 PM
Took him long enough. 3 weeks ago, "joe moorhead will be your coach just accept it". He and 007 we on the same ship....

Yeah 007 “it’s been confirmed” he was coming back no matter what even after UT...just lying. The talks about moving forward without Joe started in earnest right after that game and it was very serious discussions. It’s been on going for weeks now. Just have to wait and see

Captain Falcon
11-20-2019, 02:57 PM
I will say that information received during a football season is time sensitive. Reality changes from week to week. It’s entirely possible that we were planning on bringing him back a month ago and now things have potentially changed. Just playing devil’s advocate here, I do agree that the GP crew usually totes the water for MSU.

bluelightstar
11-20-2019, 02:59 PM
The fact that it's gotten this far means you almost have to let him go.

Commercecomet24
The folks with big checkbooks that were still on the fence completely jumped off after the ut debacle. They're embarrassed(as we all are) over the incompetence we've shown. As I've said there's interest in our HC job and it's a waiting game now to see if the triggers pulled or not. A loss in the egg guarantees it and even if we win not sure that joe survives. There's a lot of people pissed off and embarrassed.

Coursesuper
Yeah 007 “it’s been confirmed” he was coming back no matter what even after UT...just lying. The talks about moving forward without Joe started in earnest right after that game and it was very serious discussions. It’s been on going for weeks now. Just have to wait and see

I can tell that you just like me are really missing ole double naught.

Coursesuper
11-20-2019, 03:00 PM
The folks with big checkbooks that were still on the fence completely jumped off after the ut debacle. They're embarrassed(as we all are) over the incompetence we've shown. As I've said there's interest in our HC job and it's a waiting game now to see if the triggers pulled or not. A loss in the egg guarantees it and even if we win not sure that joe survives. There's a lot of people pissed off and embarrassed.

Yes they are.

ShotgunDawg
I will say that information received during a football season is time sensitive. Reality changes from week to week. It’s entirely possible that we were planning on bringing him back a month ago and now things have potentially changed. Just playing devil’s advocate here, I do agree that the GP crew usually totes the water for MSU.

This is correct.

TrapGame
We will have a new coach next year. Transition year my ass. You don't keep Joe around wrecking the program for a transition year. That's beyond stupid. Rosie can sell that shit somewhere else.

Norvell reached out after Tennessee is my understanding. Napier has been hot and heavy over the last two or three weeks. I don't think Hud has reached out but he would be interested I'm sure.

Really Clark?
11-20-2019, 03:01 PM
I can tell that you just like me are really missing ole double naught.

Missing him like an inflamed STD

Really Clark?
11-20-2019, 03:02 PM

Yep and what you and others have been trying to tell people for weeks now

ShotgunDawg
11-20-2019, 03:04 PM
I'll add this, if Cohen is behind this, then kudos to him.

He made a bad hire, but at least he's putting MSU first and doing the right thing.

That's real leadership if true.

bigplayslay
11-20-2019, 03:04 PM
We will have a new coach next year. Transition year my ass. You don't keep Joe around wrecking the program for a transition year. That's beyond stupid. Rosie can sell that shit somewhere else.

Norvell reached out after Tennessee is my understanding. Napier has been hot and heavy over the last two or three weeks. I don't think Hud has reached out but he would be interested I'm sure.

I could have interpreted it wrong but I think Steve was saying let the new guy's first year be a transition year.

Coursesuper
11-20-2019, 03:06 PM

He made a bad hire, but at least he's putting MSU first and doing the right thing.

One day you might figure things out.

ShotgunDawg
I could have interpreted it wrong but I think Steve was saying let the new guy's first year be a transition year.

This

TrapGame

I read it as just keep Joe since it will be a down year. But, that's just crazy. That's a wasted year. I hope I read it wrong.

TrapGame
11-20-2019, 03:07 PM
This

Good. I read it wrong. My bad.

ShotgunDawg
11-20-2019, 03:07 PM
I read it as just keep Joe since it will be a down year. But, that's just crazy. That's a wasted year. I hope I read it wrong.

You read it wrong. Steve said that, if your going to have to fire him next year because we aren't getting better, then fire him now and let the new coach have next year

bigplayslay
11-20-2019, 03:10 PM

On the Boneyard Steve said "if we know we are goin to have to (make a change) next year, let's go ahead and do it now and give whoever the new guy might be next year his transition year".

Hopefully the admin sees it the same way. Who knows.

Matt3467
11-20-2019, 03:11 PM
I think a lot of folks on this board are going to be disappointed if we beat OM. I seriously doubt They let Jo go if we're 6-6 and bowling.

bigplayslay
11-20-2019, 03:12 PM
I think a lot of folks on this board are going to be disappointed if we beat OM. I seriously doubt They let Jo go if we're 6-6 and bowling.

With all due respect I hope you're wrong.

msstate7
11-20-2019, 03:13 PM

I want him gone so bad I can taste it, but I don't see him getting fired if he gets 6 wins

Pipedream
If Hud and Bill Clark are seriously in our top 5 candidates, I'd rather stay with the clown I know over the clown I don't. I like Napier and Norvell, they'd be in my top 5, but I'd go drop a lure on some bigger fish before I got to them. It's all going to depend on the kind of commitment the money guys want to make. We can get a sitting P5 HC (Clawson, Campbell, Satterfield) but it's going to take a very large investment. We went cheap 2 years ago and got what we paid for. Would be a fools errand to do so again.

ShotgunDawg

I'm actually worried that Joe pulls a new creative gameplan out of his ass that we never see again. Kind of like Auburn last year.

Matt3467
11-20-2019, 03:17 PM
If Hud and Bill Clark are seriously in our top 5 candidates, I'd rather stay with the clown I know over the clown I don't. I like Napier and Norvell, they'd be in my top 5, but I'd go drop a lure on some bigger fish before I got to them. It's all going to depend on the kind of commitment the money guys want to make. We can get a sitting P5 HC (Clawson, Campbell, Satterfield) but it's going to take a very large investment. We went cheap 2 years ago and got what we paid for. Would be a fools errand to do so again.

We need to get on our knees and beg Whittingham to give us one more chance.

GreenheadDawg
11-20-2019, 03:17 PM

They won’t have to worry about that. We aren’t beating OM. They will rush for 500 yards

dawgday166
11-20-2019, 03:18 PM
I'm actually worried that Joe pulls a new creative gameplan out of his ass that we never see again. Kind of like Auburn last year.

That's me fear too.

ShotgunDawg
11-20-2019, 03:19 PM

Would be tremendous

ShotgunDawg
11-20-2019, 03:20 PM
That's me fear too.

Job preservation is a strong strong motivator. Wouldn't shock me in the least.

StarkVegasSteve
11-20-2019, 03:22 PM

We'd have to pay him 7+ mil to come. And that's only if he doesn't win the Pac 12 and get to the playoff. We had our chance on him 2 years ago and we chose to get gimmicky instead.

Dawgology
11-20-2019, 03:23 PM
Let's just hire Schiano and give Rutgers Joe for free.

PGHBulldogBG
11-20-2019, 03:24 PM

To be clear I am by no means a Moorhead defender and want him gone, but it?s interesting this game is what really made people get angry at him. I am more mad about Florida, Iowa and mostly Kansas State at home this year. Also our lack of showing up at Auburn and at TAMU. Not saying this wasn?t a bad game either but it was on the road against a decent SEC team with equal talent .

Dawgology
11-20-2019, 03:24 PM
Job preservation is a strong strong motivator. Wouldn't shock me in the least.

It is. As an employer though I look at higher performance due to threat of job loss as a red flag. This means that the employee CAN perform at that level they are just choosing NOT to unless they are threatened. That is called laziness.

TrapGame
11-20-2019, 03:26 PM

And that's what you would be hearing from the mouthpieces. This is about the totality of the program, not one game. This is more about beating om. This about being competitive with the biggest names in the conference. Keeping Joe will not make us better.

Coursesuper
11-20-2019, 03:32 PM
To be clear I am by no means a Moorhead defender and want him gone, but it?s interesting this game is what really made people get angry at him. I am more mad about Florida, Iowa and mostly Kansas State at home this year. Also our lack of showing up at Auburn and at TAMU. Not saying this wasn?t a bad game either but it was on the road against a decent SEC team with equal talent .

I can help you here, there were many of these people very concerned before the TN game with much reason to be. But after a bye to come out and look as poorly prepared as we did and perform like they did that was the final straw. That?s when it got real.

Commercecomet24
11-20-2019, 03:35 PM
To be clear I am by no means a Moorhead defender and want him gone, but it?s interesting this game is what really made people get angry at him. I am more mad about Florida, Iowa and mostly Kansas State at home this year. Also our lack of showing up at Auburn and at TAMU. Not saying this wasn?t a bad game either but it was on the road a decent SEC team with equal talent .

It's not so much that people were that happy with him before it's just This was the proverbial straw that broke the camels back. And I'm saying some folks were on the fence waiting to see if he could get it figured out but with 2 weeks to prepare we went out and looked like we didn't even practice. That was enough to finally kill the final sliver of hope joe had left.

Commercecomet24
11-20-2019, 03:36 PM
I can help you here, there were many of these people very concerned before the TN game with much reason to be. But after a bye to come out and look as poorly prepared as we did and perform like they did that was the final straw. That?s when it got real.

100% dead on!

And it got real with shocking speed. Joe dropped a nuke on any support he had with that ut game. Heck it almost looks like he's trying to get fired.

Thick
11-20-2019, 03:40 PM
Even if we win the the EB (big if), no one has faith in Joe moving forward. It started last year, it started to exacerbate after AU, then blew up after UT. To keep him after winning or losing the EB is a bad financial decision for next year. You fire him, make a damn good hire as quickly as possible, and you can maintain your recruiting class. Plus, you also know that OM is keeping Luke next year, but could be possibly shopping next year. No need in competing with your in-state rival for a HC too.

Commercecomet24
11-20-2019, 03:42 PM
Even if we win the the EB (big if), no one has faith in Joe moving forward. It started last year, it started to exacerbate after AU, then blew up after UT. To keep him after winning or losing the EB is a bad financial decision for next year. You fire him, make a damn good hire as quickly as possible, and you can maintain your recruiting class. Plus, you also know that OM is keeping Luke next year, but could be possibly shopping next year. No need in competing with your in-state rival for a HC too.

This exactly!

Coursesuper
11-20-2019, 03:46 PM
100% dead on!

And it got real with shocking speed. Joe dropped a nuke on any support he had with that ut game. Heck it almost looks like he's trying to get fired.

Yes it did, I was kinda shocked how quick it turned.

wild_dawg
11-20-2019, 03:47 PM

Totally agree. He made a bad hire (although on paper at the time most in the national media praised it). If all this is true, a lot rides on this next hire.

wild_dawg
11-20-2019, 03:52 PM
If we come out and look good on O in the Egg Bowl, I don't think anyone can take much from that. Their D isn't good at all. The fact is, we've looked like shit against d's with a pulse, and good against d's without one. Also, its not like we don't have the talent to move the ball against decent d's. I really don't think you can take much from it...but the real question is if the administration will.

Commercecomet24
11-20-2019, 03:55 PM
Yes it did, I was kinda shocked how quick it turned.

Same here. My phone was blowing up all that afternoon and through the weekend. It was one of those wow moments.

Churchill
11-20-2019, 03:56 PM
I don't see how Jughead can recruit from his position now even if we beat OM. What recruit would cast his lot with a coach with one foot on a banana peel and the other out the door ? It just looks to me like it's past the point of no return.

StarkVegasSteve
11-20-2019, 04:29 PM
Same here. My phone was blowing up all that afternoon and through the weekend. It was one of those wow moments.

I remember on Monday or Tuesday of the next week at one point thinking it was 50/50 Joe would even make it to Saturday with how bad it was.

Coursesuper
11-20-2019, 04:36 PM

Same here. Golf group was getting pissed off on Sunday.

Commercecomet24
11-20-2019, 04:37 PM
I remember on Monday or Tuesday of the next week at one point thinking it was 50/50 Joe would even make it to Saturday with how bad it was.

Yeah it was like a nuke had been dropped. I don't know that I've ever experienced anything quite like those few days after that ut game.

Bothrops
11-20-2019, 04:45 PM

How do you know?

Doggie_Style
11-20-2019, 04:57 PM
Yeah it was like a nuke had been dropped. I don't know that I've ever experienced anything quite like those few days after that ut game.

Well I for one was pissed and embarrassed after that game. Hell the game was over before I could find my seat. I told some guy at a bar right after the game that we would probably end up firing Moorhead after the season and he seemed shocked that I felt that way. Turns out he was Moorhead's college roommate at Fordham.....LOL

Coach34
11-20-2019, 05:05 PM
Took him long enough. 3 weeks ago, "joe moorhead will be your coach just accept it". .

Exactly. I knew he was going to have to walk that back.

trojandawg
11-20-2019, 05:08 PM
they just don't seem to get it. you can't field crappy teams in the SEC for very long. that non-competitive cramp doesn't fly here for very long. Moorhead and company acts like he walked in to Mississippi State at the end of 2008.

TrapGame
11-20-2019, 05:10 PM
they just don't seem to get it. you can't field crappy teams in the SEC for very long. that non-competitive cramp doesn't fly here for very long. Moorhead and company acts like he walked in to Mississippi State at the end of 2008.

He talked that way in his pressers too. He avoided Mullen's tenure like a vampire avoids a cross. To him he started coaching in 2008.

gtowndawg
11-20-2019, 05:23 PM
Yeah 007 ?it?s been confirmed? he was coming back no matter what even after UT...just lying. The talks about moving forward without Joe started in earnest right after that game and it was very serious discussions. It?s been on going for weeks now. Just have to wait and see

007 had to be Joe's wife or something. It was just insane.

Turfdawg67
11-20-2019, 05:36 PM
Now this is a good thread! I'd read again. I'd be happy with Napier or Norvell.

FriarsPoint
11-20-2019, 05:50 PM
How do you know?

Pretty simple. Money.

KOdawg1
11-20-2019, 05:53 PM
Damn it guys, my hopes are officially up lol

dawgday166
11-20-2019, 05:56 PM
Damn it guys, my hopes are officially up lol

I'm trying to prepare myself for the "big let down" of no official announcement post-EB.

Turfdawg67
11-20-2019, 05:59 PM

I'm afraid you're right. And while I'll never root to lose to those shitbirds, I guess it'll ease the pain a little if it means Moorhead is let go because of it. Let's all hope and pray for this scenario: 1) We destroy OM. 2) Joe has a Rutgers deal ready to go and resigns after Egg Bowl. 3) Buckley coaches us to a Music City Bowl victory by starting Schrader. 4) Schrader is named MVP and announces in the post game press conference that he is a "Bulldog for life". 5) Norvell is introduced as our new head coach. 6) Mullen is fired after the 2020 season because he loses to Kirby for the 10 straight time. 7) Saban retires. 8) MSU wins the SEC and makes the College Playoffs. 9) Schrader, under Norvell's tutelage, wins the Heismann. 10) Dak uses some of his $40MM / yr to redo the Seal end zone and it's freaking amazing.

FriarsPoint
11-20-2019, 06:03 PM
1) Anyone thinking we beat ole miss isn’t paying attention.

2) Even if we do, if you’ve been paying attention and reading between the lines, it won’t matter. This guys fate is sealed. And I say good riddance.

Turfdawg67
11-20-2019, 06:11 PM
1) Anyone thinking we beat ole miss isn’t paying attention.

2) Even if we do, if you’ve been paying attention and reading between the lines, it won’t matter. This guys fate is sealed. And I say good riddance.

Two shitty teams that can't stop each other? Sounds like a toss up to me. Being at home and having Gay and Autry gives us a slight edge. Hell Hill and TS could have huge days

Coach34
11-20-2019, 06:23 PM
Two shitty teams that can't stop each other? Sounds like a toss up to me. Being at home and having Gay and Autry gives us a slight edge. Hell Hill and TS could have huge days

This is why we aren't going to beat OM- it doesn't take much of a gap for a long TD run to happen:

https://twitter.com/CoachDanCasey/status/1196446469991096320?s=20

OLJWales
11-20-2019, 06:24 PM
I'm afraid you're right. And while I'll never root to lose to those shitbirds, I guess it'll ease the pain a little if it means Moorhead is let go because of it. Let's all hope and pray for this scenario: 1) We destroy OM. 2) Joe has a Rutgers deal ready to go and resigns after Egg Bowl. 3) Buckley coaches us to a Music City Bowl victory by starting Schrader. 4) Schrader is named MVP and announces in the post game press conference that he is a "Bulldog for life". 5) Norvell is introduced as our new head coach. 6) Mullen is fired after the 2020 season because he loses to Kirby for the 10 straight time. 7) Saban retires. 8) MSU wins the SEC and makes the College Playoffs. 9) Schrader, under Norvell's tutelage, wins the Heismann. 10) Dak uses some of his $40MM / yr to redo the Seal end zone and it's freaking amazing.

That was awesome, gonna read again.

Mjoelner34
11-20-2019, 06:26 PM
I'm trying to prepare myself for the "big let down" of no official announcement post-EB.

Me too. But right now I'm all like....

dawgday166
11-20-2019, 06:30 PM
Me too. But right now I'm all like....

LOL ... I'm trying to talk myself out of being like that meme. Let down would be same order of magnitude of last year's results haha.

gtowndawg
11-20-2019, 06:30 PM

https://media1.tenor.com/images/73b09919502224155e34b6c5954be290/tenor.gif?itemid=15566834

WSOPdawg
11-20-2019, 06:45 PM
This is why we aren't going to beat OM- it doesn't take much of a gap for a long TD run to happen:

JRP, Ealey & Snoop will be 3 fastest players on the field. Missed tackles will doom us repeatedly imo.

KOdawg1
11-20-2019, 06:48 PM

They have speed. We don?t

Coach34
11-20-2019, 07:05 PM
JRP, Ealey & Snoop will be 3 fastest players on the field. Missed tackles will doom us repeatedly imo.

That and our DL just isn't all that good. They will create gaps in our DL with the zone blocking to get some huge plays- and Autry and Willie playing helps but in the end it wont matter.

Goldendawg
11-20-2019, 07:09 PM
Even if we manage to win, the days of saying that everything is OK just because we beat UM are long gone in my view. I expect much more from MSU football today. Hail State! BTW, Coach 34, why can't we wear the MSU helmet in your avatar every once in a while? We've worn everything else under the sun the last few years, uniform wise.

PGHBulldogBG
11-20-2019, 07:11 PM
Maybe this is different for me because I didn’t like this hire from day 1 because I was confused on why we didn’t hire Neal Brown. If he took the WVU job I can’t imagine him not taking ours for equal or a bit more money. This tells me Cohen didn’t try hard. The problem this year is that the options aren’t as good. Sure I wanted Matt Campbell as choice one which I have made known, but I understand not being able to pull him. The fact that Brown wasn’t a top target is just mind boggling.

Coach34
11-20-2019, 07:16 PM
BTW, Coach 34, why can't we wear the MSU helmet in your avatar every once in a while? We've worn everything else under the sun the last few years, uniform wise.

Because due to LT's incompetence- Nike now owns the logo. Montana State now uses it and that really pisses me off. Could we develop something real close and use it? Absolutely. We need to. The fans would love it. We had a brand then. Now we don't. We have a big M just like Mississippi does. Its ridiculous.

Jarius
11-20-2019, 07:22 PM
Maybe this is different for me because I didn’t like this hire from day 1 because I was confused on why we didn’t hire Neal Brown. If he took the WVU job I can’t imagine him not taking ours for equal or a bit more money. This tells me Cohen didn’t try hard. The problem this year is that the options aren’t as good. Sure I wanted Matt Campbell as choice one which I have made known, but I understand not being able to pull him. The fact that Brown wasn’t a top target is just mind boggling.

The coaching hires during that hiring cycle have almost all been bad so far. There is no way to know beforehand whether you are going to strike gold or hire a dud with coordinators and G5 coaches. Norvell has as good a resume as anyone we had a realistic shot with the last hiring cycle. The guy at ULL has an extremely good pedigree as well. I love his offense for what our state churns out athletically.

Turfdawg67
11-20-2019, 07:27 PM

He's at WV not UF. Just because you think he's the shit doesn't mean everyone does. Moorhead was THE top assistant in college football and most analysts and fans thought it was a home run hire. Kudos to you for being an amazing prognosticator.

Turfdawg67
11-20-2019, 07:33 PM
Because due to LT's incompetence- Nike now owns the logo. Montana State now uses it and that really pisses me off. Could we develop something real close and use it? Absolutely. We need to. The fans would love it. We had a brand then. Now we don't. We have a big M just like Mississippi does. Its ridiculous.

While I'll agree the Nike logo is better, I'll disagree that we don't have a brand. The one thing loafers did right was to blast the M-State all over campus and make it consistent on shirts and stuff. When it was the Nike logo, most stuff still had the "walking bulldog" on it. I travel a whole lot across the SE and people recognize the M-State logo.

Bubb Rubb
11-20-2019, 07:37 PM

I understand that Nike owns the logo, and it was my favorite helmet too. I have a full sized one signed by Jackie on my desk. But the interlocking MSU logo is no more of a brand than the banner M. It?s just a different logo, and a personal preference of ours. Rest assured, if we owned that logo, we?d still have different helmets virtually every week.

Schultzy
11-20-2019, 07:44 PM
One coach played the tape to the end and got outta there.

Dawgtini
11-20-2019, 08:10 PM
+1 love me some big dreams. From your fingers to God?s ear!

Turfdawg67
11-20-2019, 09:20 PM
+1 love me some big dreams. From your fingers to God?s ear!

Saw no uptick in my ratings... just kidding. Funny thing is it isn't all pipe dreams... a couple sure, but the majority are doable.

Goldendawg
11-20-2019, 09:29 PM

I've been mad since the KY game last year and still not over the 8-5 under achievement.

Percho
11-20-2019, 10:22 PM

Andy Dufresne: Remember Red, hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies.

MarketingBully
11-21-2019, 08:10 AM
Yeah 007 ?it?s been confirmed? he was coming back no matter what even after UT...just lying. The talks about moving forward without Joe started in earnest right after that game and it was very serious discussions. It?s been on going for weeks now. Just have to wait and see

The inability to adapt and change your plan when it was not working in the UT game is what lost him for me and I think that?s when he lost damn near all of the fanbase. He coached that game horribly and it was off a bye as well. Also if you haven?t noticed we are 0-2 after a bye and looked like shit in both games. I don?t want us playing OM after a bye. Moorhead is not a head coach and I am sick of us being an experiment for coaches learning on the fly. We have been 1-4 in that department over the last 33 years.

lastmajordog
11-21-2019, 09:31 AM

This .^^^^^^^^^^^^^

TrapGame
11-21-2019, 09:32 AM
The inability to adapt and change your plan when it was not working in the UT game is what lost him for me and I think that?s when he lost damn near all of the fanbase. He coached that game horribly and it was off a bye as well. Also if you haven?t noticed we are 0-2 after a bye and looked like shit in both games. I don?t want us playing OM after a bye. Moorhead is not a head coach and I am sick of us being an experiment for coaches learning on the fly. We have been 1-4 in that department over the last 33 years.

We were told Moorhead was an in-game coach who could make changes with the ebb and flow of the game. Yeah, that was bullshit. There comes a point where you line up and run the ball. That happened in the K State game. Shrader and Kylin were getting big gains on them in the 4th quarter. The heat was getting to K State players. Then we start throwing the ball 3 straight times after Kylin rips off a like a 12 yarder.

timotheus
11-21-2019, 09:41 AM
TrapGame and MarketingBully have just expressed the views of all of the MSU fans that I communicate with. A few of the large Donors that I know were a bit standoffish around mid season but now are pretty much sick of having to watch it. I am waiting to see how much pull they have along with how many other large donor types share the same views.

MedDawg
11-21-2019, 10:05 AM
He's at WV not UF. Just because you think he's the shit doesn't mean everyone does. Moorhead was THE top assistant in college football and most analysts and fans thought it was a home run hire. Kudos to you for being an amazing prognosticator.

Did he prognosticate Neal Brown taking Dana Holgerson's 8-4 West Virginia 2018 team to 4-6 in 2019?

bluelightstar
11-21-2019, 10:13 AM
Did he prognosticate Neal Brown taking Dana Holgerson's 8-4 West Virginia 2018 team to 4-6 in 2019?

In fairness, everyone expected WVU to take a tumble this year. It's part of why Holgerson jumped to Houston.

msstate7
11-21-2019, 10:15 AM

WV o/u win total for 2019 was 5

goosedawg
11-21-2019, 01:09 PM

Why can't we use the baseball logo for everything?

ckDOG
11-21-2019, 01:21 PM
I?d be shocked if Norvell has reached out to us. Only way it?s true if he really does have skeletons in his closet. I feel like those rumors are overblown or complete BS.

PGHBulldogBG
11-21-2019, 01:27 PM
WV was projected 2-10 this year by FPI because their roster was so depleted. That had nothing to do with Brown and was a reflection more of Holgerson. He has now won double what was projected and will probably beat either Ok State or TCU to finish with 5 wins. Coordinators are always a wild card.

PMDawg
11-21-2019, 01:54 PM
I?d be shocked if Norvell has reached out to us. Only way it?s true if he really does have skeletons in his closet. I feel like those rumors are overblown or complete BS.

You would be shocked if a guy coaching at Memphis reached out to an SEC school who may have an opening soon? Really?

ShotgunDawg
11-21-2019, 03:13 PM
2 100 response threads started by me this week. Not bad, i'm awesome

https://media0.giphy.com/media/XreQmk7ETCak0/source.gif

JoseBrown
11-21-2019, 04:19 PM

Agree with everything! We really need to try to get some design similar or buy it if we could. We had a real identity with that helmet. Now we change so dang much, and all with the dumbest looking helmets. It's funny our baseball and football helmets used to both be known. So we decide to change the football helmet to a "university" logo that looks like shit(compared to the old one). Guess I should be happy we didn't change the baseball one too.

Question, since Autry played the USM game, is he not eligible Thanksgiving? Has he not already played in his four? Or did that even count as a game played, since he had to play due to injuries?

bulldog20
11-21-2019, 04:29 PM
Autry has only played in 3 games so he will play in Egg Bowl. USM, Kentucky & Tennessee.

TNDawg35
11-21-2019, 05:30 PM
Norvelle has reached out along with another fella being talked about on here. There has also been a couple more. There is one main fella tho that talks have been a little more “back and forth” than the rest...

P.S. Norvelle also met with Arkansas today.

HailStateSZN19
11-21-2019, 05:58 PM
Norvelle has reached out along with another fella being talked about on here. There has also been a couple more. There is one main fella tho that talks have been a little more “back and forth” than the rest...

There's been quite a few fellas' names thrown around here for the last couple of days. Any clues you can give on names? Especially the one that has had more back and forth talk than the rest.... I did see where Norvell met with Arkansas but thought I saw a report where someone said he told them he was more interested in the FSU job though. But I might be remembering that wrong.

TNDawg35
11-21-2019, 06:00 PM
There's been quite a few fellas' names thrown around here for the last couple of days. Any clues you can give on names? Especially the one that has had more back and forth talk than the rest.... I did see where Norvell met with Arkansas but thought I saw a report where someone said he told them he was more interested in the FSU job though. But I might be remembering that wrong.

Hadn’t heard that about Norvelle and FSU. FSU is keying in on James Franklin. They are fixing to throw the bank at him...

HailStateSZN19
11-21-2019, 06:06 PM
Hadn’t heard that about Norvelle and FSU. FSU is keying in on James Franklin. They are fixing to throw the bank at him...

I honestly might just be dreaming up that I read that. I did see where FSU is keying in on Franklin. Wonder if he's working them for a raise from PSU or if the interest is legit. Any hints possible on the names of people who have reached out to us aside from Norvell or Napier?

Randolph Dupree
11-21-2019, 06:10 PM

How about a hint on the back and forth candidate?

Arkansas doesn't worry me. I'll say it again, any up and comer isn't taking their shot at Arkansas, it's just too much of a dumpster fire AND in the SEC West at that. We've at least shown that you can win consistently here and get to a blue blood program if that's what you want. We still have talent and are an off-season away from 8+ wins again.

Todd4State
11-21-2019, 06:10 PM

I agree 110%. My conspiracy theory is that the reason we use M-State is because LT liked it and the administrations following him actually looked up to LT.

This is one of those things where there is a disconnect between the fans and the MSU AD.

Todd4State
11-21-2019, 06:11 PM
How about a hint on the back and forth candidate?

Arkansas doesn't worry me. I'll say it again, any up and comer isn't taking their shot at Arkansas, it's just too much of a dumpster fire AND in the SEC West at that. We've at least shown that you can win consistently here and get to a blue blood program if that's what you want. We still have talent and are an off-season away from 8+ wins again.

Norvell played college football in Arkansas. Not sure how much that factors in with him there.

BorneDawg
11-21-2019, 08:08 PM
Please never let us go back to the MSJ helmets!

ckDOG
11-22-2019, 02:14 PM
You would be shocked if a guy coaching at Memphis reached out to an SEC school who may have an opening soon? Really?

An SEC school named Arkansas or Mississippi State? Yes, absolutely. Our opportunity for him was 2 years ago.

Smart people don?t think 1 year out. Norvell is on his way to being the most talked about available HC in the country. Coaches don?t target teams that have no real championship potential if they don?t have to. They get the blue blood jobs or jobs at programs that have won a conference championship in recent memory. Waiting a year or 2 at Memphis for that big time job is smarter than trying to win 6-8 games at MSU. Truth hurts sometimes

If Norvell’s agent has talked to our people, it’s to get him a raise at Memphis to wait on his big boy job.

Really Clark?
11-22-2019, 02:37 PM
An SEC school named Arkansas or Mississippi State? Yes, absolutely. Our opportunity for him was 2 years ago.

Smart people don?t think 1 year out. Norvell is on his way to being the most talked about available HC in the country. Coaches don?t target teams that have no real championship potential if they don?t have to. They get the blue blood jobs or jobs at programs that have won a conference championship in recent memory. Waiting a year or 2 at Memphis for that big time job is smarter than trying to win 6-8 games at MSU. Truth hurts sometimes

If Norvell?s agent has talked to our people, it?s to get him a raise at Memphis to wait on his big boy job.

Norvell?s agent had already spoken with us and ARK. Of course he is going to wait to see how the first domino falls, FSU and possibly USCw. That?s only prudent but he is moving this year to a bigger job than Memphis. He is already considered the top or one of the top G5 coaches right now. Waiting doesn?t change anything.

Tbonewannabe
11-22-2019, 05:04 PM
Norvell?s agent had already spoken with us and ARK. Of course he is going to wait to see how the first domino falls, FSU and possibly USCw. That?s only prudent but he is moving this year to a bigger job than Memphis. He is already considered the top or one of the top G5 coaches right now. Waiting doesn?t change anything.

FSU is going after James Franklin which would then open Penn St.

Really Clark?
11-23-2019, 01:22 PM
WV o/u win total for 2019 was 5

They are playing really well first half against OK ST

parabrave
11-23-2019, 01:25 PM

We all understand the Nile owns the interlocking MSU but what about the MSJ logo or the earlier skinny MSU that was used during the Tyler/Bellard years?

msstate7
11-23-2019, 01:27 PM
They are playing really well first half against OK ST

Getting better. If they hold on, that'll be back-to-back wins over top 25 teams. If we can get Neal brown, we should. I just don't think he'd leave for us

FriarsPoint
11-23-2019, 01:42 PM
Getting better. If they hold on, that'll be back-to-back wins over top 25 teams. If we can get Neal brown, we should. I just don't think he'd leave for us

Neal Brown would leave WVU for MSU in a heartbeat. There is literally no talent in WV.

msstate7
11-23-2019, 01:53 PM
Neal Brown would leave WVU for MSU in a heartbeat. There is literally no talent in WV.

I think it's easier to win there though

ShotgunDawg
11-23-2019, 02:02 PM
I think it's easier to win there though

Hmmm. Yes, but it's a sliding scale.

Winning 8 games at MSU is about the same as winning 9-10 at WV. Winning 8 games at MSU gets you on the list for a blue blood job while winning 9 games at WV basically does nothing for you.

It's easier to win at WV, but you have less margin for error as well & those wins aren't seen the same or paid the same.

Turfdawg67
11-23-2019, 03:35 PM
2 100 response threads started by me this week. Not bad, i'm awesome

https://media0.giphy.com/media/XreQmk7ETCak0/source.gif

Does it count if you and MS7 make up over half the 100 responses?