PDA

View Full Version : Matt Wyatt Show Today

Bigedawg
11-20-2019, 02:29 PM
Matt is really not pulling any punches today. Paraphrasing, he said that it will take this team's best effort of the season to win the Egg Bowl and that he has not seen that type of game plan and effort all season. Said that toughness on a team is easily visible and lack of toughness is too. Harping on lack of S&C and not adapting your scheme to match your personnel. This on top of Murray's radio appearance yesterday makes me believe that the wheels are in motion Thanksgiving night around midnight with a loss.

timotheus
11-20-2019, 03:04 PM
We can only hope.

TrapGame
11-20-2019, 03:04 PM
It's obvious to anyone with a general knowledge of football that our program has taken three steps back in just two years under Moorhead. This is not acceptable.

parabrave
11-20-2019, 03:06 PM
Matt is really not pulling any punches today. Paraphrasing, he said that it will take this team's best effort of the season to win the Egg Bowl and that he has not seen that type of game plan and effort all season. Said that toughness on a team is easily visible and lack of toughness is too. Harping on lack of S&C and not adapting your scheme to match your personnel. This on top of Murray's radio appearance yesterday makes me believe that the wheels are in motion Thanksgiving night around midnight with a loss.

To Quote the great John McLain "Welcome to the party pal". I been saying this since the KSU game last year along with a more than a few former players. One of these even had his reservations when Moorhead took over the program and didn't have anything to do with the Bowl preparations. These players have been saying that the team looked unprepared, confused and basically a chinese fire drill. And this was last year.

Dawgology
11-20-2019, 03:15 PM
It's amazing how these experts notice things that fans have been talking about more than a year.....

Dawgology
11-20-2019, 03:16 PM
I honestly believe that Shoop is a better coach (and head coach material) than Moorhead by a longshot.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-20-2019, 03:18 PM
It's amazing how these experts notice things that fans have been talking about more than a year.....

This is what I was thinking but these "experts" are not going to lead anyone in a certain direction unless they were being fed some information that may support it. He gone!

TrapGame
11-20-2019, 03:59 PM
I honestly believe that Shoop is a better coach (and head coach material) than Moorhead by a longshot.

Shoop installing Toughness Tuesdays should have been a massive sign!!!

dawgday166
11-20-2019, 04:04 PM
Shoop installing Toughness Tuesdays should have been a massive sign!!!

In that interview when he told us about that, he almost totally threw Joe under the bus IMO but caught himself and carefully couched what he said which was essentially ... every team in this league comes in to literally kill you, and this staff cannot seem to grasp that.

I'd like to see Shoop get a shot with a new, tougher HC.

Commercecomet24
11-20-2019, 04:10 PM
In that interview when he told us about that, he almost totally threw Joe under the bus IMO but caught himself and carefully couched what he said which was essentially ... every team in this league comes in to literally kill you, and this staff cannot seem to grasp that.

I'd like to see Shoop get a shot with a new, tougher HC.

I like Shoop. Unlike joe with our offense Shoop took a talented defense last year and shut people down. I blame this years problems on joe and his crappy leadership and the tutor gate stuff that short handed him. The defense has improved to some degree at least this year while our offense is regressed. Shoop has proven with the players we can get that he can do a respectable job.