PDA

View Full Version : What if we BARELY beat ACU?

Indndawg
11-20-2019, 11:27 AM
And look offensively impotent....would that be enough to move: IB, Keenum, Cigar Boys to immediate action?

ShotgunDawg
11-20-2019, 11:35 AM
Nah, they would just wait till after the Egg Bowl

Indndawg
11-20-2019, 11:43 AM
i'd like our chances more if Tony coached the EB

TrapGame
11-20-2019, 11:47 AM
As David Murray said yesterday BOTH games are being evaluated for competency, execution of the game plan and improvement. Which says to me if we come out and look like the Key Stone Cops against a FCS team like ACU Moorhead may be given the week of Thanksgiving off.

msudawglb
11-20-2019, 11:50 AM
What if we didn't start another thread regarding the removal of the football coach? I mean, no one on this board has any say in the process and no one knows anything....so why keep asking the same questions?

smootness
11-20-2019, 11:55 AM
Nah, they would just wait till after the Egg Bowl

We've never gotten rid of a coach after winning the Egg Bowl. Not saying we couldn't, but it would suddenly be tougher. If you know you're getting rid of him, it would be better to do so before the EB.

Johnson85
11-20-2019, 12:02 PM
As David Murray said yesterday BOTH games are being evaluated for competency, execution of the game plan and improvement. Which says to me if we come out and look like the Key Stone Cops against a FCS team like ACU Moorhead may be given the week of Thanksgiving off.

I can't imagine we will fire him before the season is over based on how we look in a win. Might help put the nail in the coffin at the end of the season, but he's coaching the egg bowl unless we lose, in which case he's still probably coaching the egg bowl; we'll just presumably already be negotiating with his replacement's agent at that point.

DeputyDawg94
11-20-2019, 12:03 PM
What if we didn't start another thread regarding the removal of the football coach? I mean, no one on this board has any say in the process and no one knows anything....so why keep asking the same questions?
We would all rather be talking about a good football season but that option is out.

TrapGame
11-20-2019, 12:06 PM
I can't imagine we will fire him before the season is over based on how we look in a win. Might help put the nail in the coffin at the end of the season, but he's coaching the egg bowl unless we lose, in which case he's still probably coaching the egg bowl; we'll just presumably already be negotiating with his replacement's agent at that point.

I guess it might rest on how disgusted we are if ACU give us a game.

RiverCityDawg
11-20-2019, 12:33 PM
We've never gotten rid of a coach after winning the Egg Bowl. Not saying we couldn't, but it would suddenly be tougher. If you know you're getting rid of him, it would be better to do so before the EB.

That's an interesting thought process. So you think the blowback for firing the coach at the end of the year after winning the egg bowl would be worse than firing the coach with 5 days left in the season after barely beating an FCS team? To me it would come across as being very emotional and rash not to let him finish, particularly since we could still make a bowl in this scenario by beating ole miss. And if you're not concerned about blow back, why does it matter that you wait until after the egg bowl?

To me, if you've already decided to move on, at this point you wait until the end of the season and make as many moves as you can behind the scenes to make the hiring process as quick as possible. Pink slip on Friday, new coach press conference on Monday. Or after the AAC championship game if it's Norvell, I guess. Blow back for winning the egg bowl and still firing the coach, be damned.

Really Clark?
11-20-2019, 12:48 PM

A lot of that was the circumstances at the time too. I mean from 47-63 we didn’t win an EB either. And included Warmouth and Royal who left on their own during that time.

Coursesuper
11-20-2019, 12:54 PM

Lets put it this way, the optics of firing a coach that has won 14 games over 2 years would be tough to overcome. Its going to be hard enough to overcome it with a loss in the EB this just has to play out.

Dawgbite
11-20-2019, 02:00 PM
What if we all woke up tomorrow with our heads sewn to the carpet? Would we be surprised?

bigplayslay
11-20-2019, 02:30 PM
What if we all woke up tomorrow with our heads sewn to the carpet? Would we be surprised?

https://66.media.tumblr.com/4208ecfaa1248d26d70e2541d71d086d/tumblr_pjchkcUJu41qzwoilo2_250.gifv

Dawgology
11-20-2019, 03:20 PM
Lets put it this way, the optics of firing a coach that has won 14 games over 2 years would be tough to overcome. Its going to be hard enough to overcome it with a loss in the EB this just has to play out.

Bullshit. You have national and local news talking about how State's program has tracked backwards the last two seasons and how the team appears unprepared. Literally no one would be suprised by the move nor would they question it. It is very obvious too most people outside of a handful like you.

Coursesuper
11-20-2019, 04:58 PM
Bullshit. You have national and local news talking about how State's program has tracked backwards the last two seasons and how the team appears unprepared. Literally no one would be suprised by the move nor would they question it. It is very obvious too most people outside of a handful like you.

Slick, don't go there, you don't want to get embarrassed. I know pretty much where we stand I also know what has been said by a bunch of people that matter. That was one line of thinking from some that wanted this staff gone bad. I and others have been waiting on the other shoe to drop since the UT game, that would be when every real player was on board and when the fan media turned on this staff, that happened today. So save that bullshit for those like double naught. Today is a good day and a real step in the right direction.

Goldendawg
11-20-2019, 07:20 PM
Told y'all before, when my 82 year old Bulldog Mother asks me if I think we might need for the family to think about reconsidering the $ spent by the family on Bulldog Club dues and 8 to 12 season tickets after 50 plus years if Jo stays, I think everyone can see a mistake was made. No Mo Jo and Hail State!

OLJWales
11-20-2019, 09:04 PM
And look offensively impotent....would that be enough to move: IB, Keenum, Cigar Boys to immediate action?

disgustingly enough as it bothers me, your "what if" may come somewhat close to materializing. Hopefully, based on the rumors on the board, the cigar boys have a change brewing regardless of our final 2(3) games left.

Will we sink to U-Pig status this Saturday?

OLJWales
11-20-2019, 09:09 PM

Hard enough to overcome it with an EB loss?

Goldendawg
11-20-2019, 09:21 PM
Hard enough to overcome it with an EB loss?

Yeah, took a possible 10 win team and turned it into 8-5 last year and looked bad doing it. This year has taken a possible 8 win team and has five wins to date and the team looks worse. Anyone who knows anything about football can see that. Anyone who criticizes us for stopping Jo from his trip to the bottom of the SEC in fact wants us there with him still "in Charge"!

timotheus
11-20-2019, 09:27 PM

How many of those 14 wins were against teams with a winning record?

Goldendawg
11-20-2019, 09:31 PM
How many of those 14 wins were against teams with a winning record?

Hey, we beat USM this year. Maybe Jo wants us to move to that conference.

defiantdog
11-20-2019, 09:41 PM
Cigar boys are basically 3 guys now..... Keenum is the main factor here. He?s competitive and wants to make MSU great in everything it stands for..... including athletics. I expect him to make a change if he doesn?t believe we are moving in the right direction. JoMo stays if he wins big the next two games. I don?t see that happening.

Coursesuper
11-20-2019, 11:12 PM
Cigar boys are basically 3 guys now..... Keenum is the main factor here. He?s competitive and wants to make MSU great in everything it stands for..... including athletics. I expect him to make a change if he doesn?t believe we are moving in the right direction. JoMo stays if he wins big the next two games. I don?t see that happening.

This is correct, Mark is the key now he and the guys you mention. Cohen is going to take a back seat this time, He and staff will do leg work but I doubt seriously they get to make the final call. Mark knows what he wants and will make it happen.

For y'all jumping on me here you got the wrong guy, I'm for change now. I've heard 3 different narratives from guys I trust today alone. This morning it was what I posted in this thread, secondly from a Moorhead guy, it was another year give up OC and give up total control of recruiting, which I thought was bullshit and wouldn't bring it here. Then Rosey hit and that changed again. So this is the world we're in, I believe the last part more due to the fact that do the way the TN loss hit, it was nuclear like Commerce said.

Goldendawg
11-20-2019, 11:51 PM
This is correct, Mark is the key now he and the guys you mention. Cohen is going to take a back seat this time, He and staff will do leg work but I doubt seriously they get to make the final call. Mark knows what he wants and will make it happen.

For y'all jumping on me here you got the wrong guy, I'm for change now. I've heard 3 different narratives from guys I trust today alone. This morning it was what I posted in this thread, secondly from a Moorhead guy, it was another year give up OC and give up total control of recruiting, which I thought was bullshit and wouldn't bring it here. Then Rosey hit and that changed again. So this is the world we're in, I believe the last part more due to the fact that do the way the TN loss hit, it was nuclear like Commerce said.

A "Moorhead guy"? I haven't run into one of those here in NE MS for months! Hail State and make positive moves for our FB future now!