PDA

View Full Version : Pat McMahon pitching lab

AlSwearengen
11-20-2019, 11:21 AM
I saw on facebook that we have named the pitching lab/facility after McMahon. Any reason other than he spent several seasons coaching at MSU? He did leave to go to Florida. Did he put money into it?

ShotgunDawg
11-20-2019, 11:22 AM
I saw on facebook that we have named the pitching lab/facility after McMahon. Any reason other than he spent several seasons coaching at MSU? He did leave to go to Florida. Did he put money into it?

I don't love that we named it after him as well, but Bo McKinnis gave the money for the room & wanted named after Pat. So what are you going to do?

BrunswickDawg
11-20-2019, 12:26 PM
I don't understand this line of thinking at all. Mac was an assistant here for 12 years as pitching coach and was a big part our CWS teams of the 80s, was head coach for 3 and took us to a CWS, and is well known in baseball circles because of his long time work with the NYY and we shouldn't recognize his contribution just because he went home to Florida and coached UF?

Coursesuper
11-20-2019, 12:35 PM
Maybe because Cohen would never have gotten a head coaching job anywhere if it weren't for Mac.

Homedawg
11-20-2019, 01:10 PM
I don't love that we named it after him as well, but Bo McKinnis gave the money for the room & wanted named after Pat. So what are you going to do?

It's this. Bo ponied up. Mac was a big part of what we did over a couple of decades. I have no issue with it. Actually think it's deserved.

ZedFedder
11-21-2019, 05:01 PM
Didn’t he leave to be closer to ailing parents, anyway?