PDA

View Full Version : David Murray: "It's not about wins or loses. It's about looking competent."

TrapGame
11-19-2019, 06:13 PM
A month ago Murray was adamant Moorhead was here next year. Today it's like a complete 180. Remember when we all said look for the company men to start changing their tune?

Murray on Jake Wim said point blank it's not about winning the Egg. It's about fielding a competent football team that looks like they can play and execute the game plan. There was no mention of Joe coming back next year even if he beats OM. In fact the way Murray was talking the administration has their doubts Joe can pull it off. Murray mentioned "It's up to the administration now" four or five times. He said "It's not about wins or loses but how you looked playing in those games" at least three times. He threw out the Arkansas win. Yep, Arkansas was shit. We didn't learn anything from the. (I wonder where that was being said? Hmm?)

The worm has turned. The path is being prepared. After listening to this there is no vote of confidence for Joe. None. I think we have moved on whether he has or not. And I'm willing to bet Norvell or Napier will be announced as our next head coach the Monday after Thanksgiving.

dawgday166
11-19-2019, 06:15 PM
A month ago Murray was adamant Moorhead was here next year. Today it's like a complete 180. Remember when we all said look for the company men to start changing their tune?

Murray on Jake Wim said point blank it's not about winning the Egg. It's about fielding a competent football team that looks like they can play and execute the game plan. There was no mention of Joe coming back next year even if he beats OM. In fact the way Murray was talking the administration has their doubts Joe can pull it off. Murray mentioned "It's up to the administration now" four or five times. He said "It's not about wins or loses but how you looked playing in those games" at least three times. He threw out the Arkansas win. Yep, Arkansas was shit. We didn't learn anything from the. (I wonder where that was being said? Hmm?)

The worm has turned. The path is being prepared. After listening to this there is no vote of confidence for Joe. None. I think we have moved on whether he has or not. And I'm willing to bet Norvell or Napier will be announced as our next head coach the Monday after Thanksgiving.

How much you wanna bet?

ETA: Not disagreeing with you ... just don't know. Figured I'd get the odds in favor of it happening if I bet Joe is staying ****

Matt3467
11-19-2019, 06:15 PM
Well I doubt we announce a coaching change that fast after the egg.

TrapGame
11-19-2019, 06:17 PM

Not unless we have been working on this for a few weeks. I think we have.

TrapGame
11-19-2019, 06:20 PM
How much you wanna bet?

ETA: Not disagreeing with you ... just don't know. Figured I'd get the odds in favor of it happening if I bet Joe is staying ****

I gotcha man! I'd bet against me too! LOL! That interview was strong.

I was giddy listening to this interview. I'm telling you try and find it online if possible. Listen to Murray talk about the administration will make their decision. Hell, a month ago he was laughing with Jake and saying Joe Moorhead will be here next season. No doubt about it. Nowhere in this interview did that statement leave his lips.

Liverpooldawg
11-19-2019, 06:22 PM

You can also read that as that even if we lose the Egg, but play a good game, he stays.

HailStateSZN19
11-19-2019, 06:24 PM
I’ve certainly noticed Dave changing his tune as well. He had been adamant for a while that Joe was 100% going to be back next year. That’s completely changed the last several days. I noticed he had said something along the lines of “things are much much much different than several weeks ago” referring to after the UT debacle. I had been very wary in my confidence that this would actually happen, but seeing Dave switch up on his takes on this all of a sudden as well as homedawg/commerce/others that usually have good sources and info saying things on here makes me believe this is happening and may have been in the works for a while now. We shall see soon enough.

TrapGame
11-19-2019, 06:27 PM
You can also read that as that even if we lose the Egg, but play a good game, he stays.

Yes, it's possible to infer it in such a way. I think it's cover for the admin to move on though. They are looking at two years of head coaching that has amounted in a serious regression in the football program.

Coursesuper
11-19-2019, 06:40 PM
Yes, it's possible to infer it in such a way. I think it's cover for the admin to move on though. They are looking at two years of head coaching that has amounted in a serious regression in the football program.

Look it's very simple, theses guys operate in a vacuum they only have access to MSU and that feeds and houses them. They are only going to pass on the message that been ok'd by MSU. The message is not that this team looks competent against UM either, that'd be reaching pretty hard. This is the way the game is played just sit back and watch that's all we can do right now.

ShotgunDawg
11-19-2019, 07:12 PM
I feel the same.

If you keep your ear to ground on people that know the enter workings, it's becoming pretty clear that the tide has turned.

TrapGame
11-19-2019, 07:20 PM
Look it's very simple, theses guys operate in a vacuum they only have access to MSU and that feeds and houses them. They are only going to pass on the message that been ok'd by MSU. The message is not that this team looks competent against UM either, that'd be reaching pretty hard. This is the way the game is played just sit back and watch that's all we can do right now.

https://media2.giphy.com/media/mgqefqwSbToPe/giphy.gif

Lumpy Chucklelips
11-19-2019, 07:31 PM
So if he wins the egg, what happens? We've all said one game doesn't define the situation. I want to win the egg. But I want him gone too.

Am I allowed to have both?

TrapGame
11-19-2019, 07:40 PM
Oh, Tutorgate 10 and injuries were mentioned too.

Murray said those are things that can impact a program greatly but Joe is being paid a large sum of money to adjust and plan around these situations. It WAS NOT given as an excuse for Joe to hang his season on. Nothing like that was uttered by Murray.

DogsofAnarchy
11-19-2019, 07:51 PM
I feel the same.

If you keep your ear to ground on people that know the enter workings, it's becoming pretty clear that the tide has turned.

I know this....I have been around MSU for 45 Years. I have lived in Starkville and Columbus during those times. I have spoken to absolutely NOBODY that believes we are going to be competitive with JoMo as the coach. If our administration keeps him as the coach then we will suffer more than we would if he leaves or is let go. This will be a financial disaster if he is retained.

HoopsDawg
11-19-2019, 07:55 PM
Amen David Murray!

beretta
11-19-2019, 08:14 PM
Lost in all this is that David Murray has to sell clicks to the website.....have to admit, i subscribe and i havent logged in but once since June....I just did....

im indifferent on CJM.....i pegged him before he was even mentioned as a candidate.....i was all in on him...but i saw the nations best D go 8-5 under and offensive guru and a senior qb still throwing off his back foot like he was a freshman....an all SEC back underutilized.....ive seen a team get progressively worse in 2019 and his "HIS" guys he brought with him leave after a year coaching here....

i didnt attend a game this year for the first time in a while, and i buy a lot of hot dogs when i do go....

Its time to move on....

Bothrops
11-19-2019, 08:32 PM
He's going nowhere if he wins the Eggbowl.

BeastMan
11-19-2019, 08:41 PM
If David Murray is off the JoMo train Joe might as well burn his house down for the insurance money. It’s over lol

msstate7
11-19-2019, 08:42 PM
I'd take norvell or Napier

HailStateSZN19
11-19-2019, 09:01 PM
I'd take norvell or Napier

I personally have a hard time picking which between them I’d rather have. I’d take either one of them for sure but not sure who I’d give the edge to... Maybe Napier because of his more extensive background and time spent in the SEC but I do like Norvell a lot and what he’s done at Memphis. I think Norvell would create more “buzz” and maybe more excitement as a hire but Napier would be exciting too and would he be a better “fit” here? I’d be interested to see peoples take on that: which one would you prefer, Napier or Norvell?

DogsofAnarchy
11-19-2019, 09:05 PM
I personally have a hard time picking which between them I’d rather have. I’d take either one of them for sure but not sure who I’d give the edge to... Maybe Napier because of his more extensive background and time spent in the SEC but I do like Norvell a lot and what he’s done at Memphis. I think Norvell would create more “buzz” and maybe more excitement as a hire but Napier would be exciting too and would he be a better “fit” here? I’d be interested to see peoples take on that: which one would you prefer, Napier or Norvell?

Norvell has it all. He would excel at MSU and I have NO doubt about it.

Jack Lambert
11-19-2019, 09:47 PM
I would rather win ugly then lose pretty.

TrapGame
11-19-2019, 09:49 PM
I personally have a hard time picking which between them I?d rather have. I?d take either one of them for sure but not sure who I?d give the edge to... Maybe Napier because of his more extensive background and time spent in the SEC but I do like Norvell a lot and what he?s done at Memphis. I think Norvell would create more ?buzz? and maybe more excitement as a hire but Napier would be exciting too and would he be a better ?fit? here? I?d be interested to see peoples take on that: which one would you prefer, Napier or Norvell?

ESPN has Norvell's Memphis in a NYD bowl. If we get choose between Norvell or Napier I'd have to go with Norvell.

viverlibre
11-19-2019, 09:52 PM
If David Murray is off the JoMo train Joe might as well burn his house down for the insurance money. It?s over lol

This. If Gus becomes available, we would hire him the next day.

OLJWales
11-19-2019, 10:00 PM
Joe has no clue as to how to manage and deal with putting a competitive SEC together. Not many do. I wish him the best but he needs to train and get the OJT elsewhere.

He allowed his players to report to duty soft and out of shape. We are not natty contenders but we as fans should expect our players be instructed specifically what the **** they are required to do in order to play on a SEC team. Last year should have been one of our best in team history allowing 12 TD's in 12 ****ing games. Now this shit.

Joe's Good Ship Lollipop has sailed.

ShotgunDawg
11-19-2019, 10:13 PM
Oh, Tutorgate 10 and injuries were mentioned too.

Murray said those are things that can impact a program greatly but Joe is being paid a large sum of money to adjust and plan around these situations. It WAS NOT given as an excuse for Joe to hang his season on. Nothing like that was uttered by Murray.

The problem with blaming Tutor Gate is that Tutor Gate almost 100% effected the defense. Not the offense. There is simply no excuse for the pathetic offense.

Fire Moorhead & the entire offensive staff & keep the defensive if you are that much about Tutor Gate

ShotgunDawg
11-19-2019, 10:16 PM
This. If Gus becomes available, we would hire him the next day.

Gus Bus would be an extremely low risk way to get to 7-9 wins per year & recruit better. I'm all in with him if Auburn moves on.

We should hire him within 24 hours of Auburn firing him & we'd see our recruiting class improve.

Plus he'd have a big ass chip on his shoulder every time we played Auburn, which would be huge

DownwardDawg
11-19-2019, 10:32 PM
I know this....I have been around MSU for 45 Years. I have lived in Starkville and Columbus during those times. I have spoken to absolutely NOBODY that believes we are going to be competitive with JoMo as the coach. If our administration keeps him as the coach then we will suffer more than we would if he leaves or is let go. This will be a financial disaster if he is retained.

I agree with you on this 100%. He has got to go for the good of our program.

timotheus
11-19-2019, 10:36 PM
This is both an odd and very serious situation that if not dealt with properly, will cost more $$ in the long run than the short run.

Todd4State
11-19-2019, 10:39 PM

I highly suspect that Joe is gone no matter what. Egg Bowl win or not. There's way too much smoke. And if true- good for MSU on being proactive.

Croom was literally fired the night of the 2008 Egg Bowl. Dan's resignation and the transition to Joe happened within a weeks time. If things indeed do happen they have been in the works for months now. We're simply biding our time at this point.

Not unless we have been working on this for a few weeks. I think we have.

I suspect things have been in the works.

I think MSU is preparing fans in case we win the Egg Bowl and then fire him personally. That's never really happened at MSU that I can recall. There would be some fans that would want him to stay if he wins the Egg Bowl. Not here I don't think- but some fans like that are out there.

I’ve certainly noticed Dave changing his tune as well. He had been adamant for a while that Joe was 100% going to be back next year. That’s completely changed the last several days. I noticed he had said something along the lines of “things are much much much different than several weeks ago” referring to after the UT debacle. I had been very wary in my confidence that this would actually happen, but seeing Dave switch up on his takes on this all of a sudden as well as homedawg/commerce/others that usually have good sources and info saying things on here makes me believe this is happening and may have been in the works for a while now. We shall see soon enough.

The first time I ever saw David switch up was after we lost to UT in their postgame video. Could have been emotional. Still somewhat out of character for him if it was emotional.

I think you are right. One thing about it- I'm sure there are things that administration knows about Joe that even we don't know. Very smart of MSU to cover themselves from any potential fan backlash. Even though that would be the vast minority.

So if he wins the egg, what happens? We've all said one game doesn't define the situation. I want to win the egg. But I want him gone too.

Am I allowed to have both?

We can have both. Our fans after everything we have had to endure since the 2017 Egg Bowl probably deserve something like that to happen honestly. Football karma and all.

I personally like Napier because of his SEC ties and the fact that he doesn't have whatever potentially secret skeleton in the closet. I'm impressed with his program at ULL which is modeled off of Saban's. I would be totally fine with Norvell also though.

The problem with blaming Tutor Gate is that Tutor Gate almost 100% effected the defense. Not the offense. There is simply no excuse for the pathetic offense.

Fire Moorhead & the entire offensive staff & keep the defensive if you are that much about Tutor Gate

The offense has the injured QB excuse. Excuses aside we don't look well prepared or play hard. If we did those two things I could be OK with buying the excuses. But preparation and working hard were major issues last year too without Tutor Gate or QB injuries.

Todd4State
11-19-2019, 10:40 PM
Gus Bus would be an extremely low risk way to get to 7-9 wins per year & recruit better. I'm all in with him if Auburn moves on.

We should hire him within 24 hours of Auburn firing him & we'd see our recruiting class improve.

Plus he'd have a big ass chip on his shoulder every time we played Auburn, which would be huge

That's assuming Arkansas doesn't get him. The reality is if Gus has to choose between MSU and Arkansas he is going to Fayetteville.

ShotgunDawg
11-19-2019, 10:44 PM
That's assuming Arkansas doesn't get him. The reality is if Gus has to choose between MSU and Arkansas he is going to Fayetteville.

Certainly a possibility but MSU is way closer to winning. Arkansas is a complete rebuild

Mjoelner34
11-19-2019, 10:58 PM
In reference to Todd's 2 posts above and Shotgun:

As far as something has been in the works:
I have ZERO inside info but I saw something on here today that I must have missed earlier in the year because I saw someone say that we have known that Norvell's people reached out to us earlier this year. Also, I posted this past Saturday night after reading it on 6pack that a guy over there said he has sources in Louisiana telling him that we've reached out to Napier. I hope both reports are true because those two are my 1A and 1B choices with Napier being my 1A primarily for the reasons Todd stated.

Gus bus:
I was scanning a UPIG message board this weekend to gauge their fans' interest in Napier and Norvell. Now who knows what their administration is thinking or can afford with all of the buyouts they're paying but the overwhelming choices of their fans on that particular message board is the pirate or Norvell. Gus was a big no to the great majority of them.

Cowbell
11-19-2019, 11:02 PM
Certainly a possibility but MSU is way closer to winning. Arkansas is a complete rebuild

So are we gun....unfortunately, so are we.....

Randolph Dupree
11-19-2019, 11:07 PM

We're an off-season away given a competent S&C coach and someone that understands the offensive fundamentals of football...SMH try

Todd4State
11-19-2019, 11:07 PM

You're right. But Arkansas is home for him. It's like when Cohen took over our complete rebuild of a baseball program. He could have landed a job that wasn't a rebuild had he wanted to but when Momma calls.

Todd4State
11-19-2019, 11:09 PM
In reference to Todd's 2 posts above and Shotgun:

As far as something has been in the works:
I have ZERO inside info but I saw something on here today that I must have missed earlier in the year because I saw someone say that we have known that Norvell's people reached out to us earlier this year. Also, I posted this past Saturday night after reading it on 6pack that a guy over there said he has sources in Louisiana telling him that we've reached out to Napier. I hope both reports are true because those two are my 1A and 1B choices with Napier being my 1A primarily for the reasons Todd stated.

Gus bus:
I was scanning a UPIG message board this weekend to gauge their fans' interest in Napier and Norvell. Now who knows what their administration is thinking or can afford with all of the buyouts they're paying but the overwhelming choices of their fans on that particular message board is the pirate or Norvell. Gus was a big no to the great majority of them.

The thing about buyouts is most companies want employees that want to work for them and therefore they're often OK with people that don't want to be there moving on. Scott Stricklin being the apparent exception with Dan. That typically reduces a buyout.

HailStateSZN19
11-19-2019, 11:10 PM
Can anyone post the link to the audio from the Murray interview on Wimberly’s show whatever it is? I’ve never listened to whatever he does but would like to hear the interview with Murray.

KOdawg1
11-19-2019, 11:30 PM
I think it's pretty telling that Steve hasn't had too much to say recently. He was also one who was adamant that Joe would be back next year no matter what. The only one on Gene's Page that defends Joe at all costs is Paul. But where there's smoke, there's fire. I'm becoming more optimistic by the day that we make a move should we lose to OM.

ShotgunDawg
11-19-2019, 11:52 PM

Not even close. We have the QB plus OL and talent on D

Dannyripms
11-20-2019, 04:17 AM
I hope Moorhead is gone too. I'd take Napier in a heartbeat. I don't care to have gus. His offense sucks at auburn so what makes you think it'll be better here? If not Napier or Norvell, I want HUD and be done with it. HUD will be here for 30 years. I can live with having 8-4 season and every 3 - 4 years having a 10-2;11-1 type seasons. That would be a great foundation.

MoreCowbell
11-20-2019, 05:23 AM
you can tell in his body language since the UT loss. went from Ra-Ra desperation to dead man walking. He?s done, he knows it.

RiverCityDawg
11-20-2019, 07:05 AM
I think it's pretty telling that Steve hasn't had too much to say recently. He was also one who was adamant that Joe would be back next year no matter what. The only one on Gene's Page that defends Joe at all costs is Paul. But where there's smoke, there's fire. I'm becoming more optimistic by the day that we make a move should we lose to OM.

Even Paul has been saying that Joe really needs to win the Egg Bowl and nothing is for certain if he doesn't win it. And last night Steve said the information has changed and anything is possible with a loss in the egg bowl.

There's a ton of smoke on this right now.

RiverCityDawg
11-20-2019, 07:10 AM
I hope Moorhead is gone too. I'd take Napier in a heartbeat. I don't care to have gus. His offense sucks at auburn so what makes you think it'll be better here? If not Napier or Norvell, I want HUD and be done with it. HUD will be here for 30 years. I can live with having 8-4 season and every 3 - 4 years having a 10-2;11-1 type seasons. That would be a great foundation.

I agree. The Gus idea was intriguing to me at first, but look at his history with QBs since he's been at Auburn... Not one single high school QB has been brought in and developed during his time there. Not one. He has one playing now but he has to play him before he's ready because he's mismanaged the position so badly.

Napier or Norvell. Hud as the backup plan. Maybe there is someone else out there, but I would be happy with any of those three.

Dawgfan77
11-20-2019, 08:18 AM
Norvell 1A
Napier 1B
Holtz
Hud
That?s where I would start

Pinto
11-20-2019, 08:32 AM
I still like Chris Klieman. The hard nose attitude of his players and what he has done in year one at KState is what I want and see fitting at MSU.

Also, I want Vic on the search committee. He's our only proven winner national championship caliber coach on campus. We need his clone for football.

ShotgunDawg
11-20-2019, 08:43 AM
I still like Chris Klieman. The hard nose attitude of his players and what he has done in year one at KState is what I want and see fitting at MSU.

Also, I want Vic on the search committee. He's our only proven winner national championship caliber coach on campus. We need his clone for football.

Would be difficult to take an in-season coach & put him on a search committee.

dawgday166
11-20-2019, 08:54 AM

I used to think Paul was the most objective guy over there about our talent/abilities, stuff like this, etc. Don't know what's up with him lately. Now they all seem to be in the choir.

I'll have to give David some cudos tho cause I been able to tell he has been unhappy with our play for a while now, and has written as much.

Most everything I read over there now I take with a large grain of salt. The only guy I pay attention to, which isn't a reporter, is Pnut. He calls it straight up and more like it is ... and is sharp.

dawgday166
11-20-2019, 09:00 AM

I like Klieman & Satterfield. Napier & Norvell seem good too.

Not a fan of Gus ... to me he historically does less with more. Not consistent at all with getting his teams ready to play each week either. He also can't handle higher expectations from the media. If picked to do well ... he bombs. No one paying attention to him or expecting that much from him ... he surprises and in some cases shocks you.

Kingbarkus
11-20-2019, 09:24 AM
When all is said and done, I think the Tennessee game was the nail in the coffin. Coming off an embarrassing loss, 2 weeks to prepare, Shrader doing well in the Auburn debacle, and you play an injured Stevens. Moorhead will simply never work out here. I guess one of the positives is at least we are looking at other opportunities. If we win the EB, get to a bowl, how do you move on yet we know it would be best for the program?

Randolph Dupree
11-20-2019, 09:36 AM
Pretty sure JoMo is done and he knows it and so do the players. I hear there are some pretty well known players routinely skipping workouts or being late and skipping study hall time. But they still play. One of them is a freshmen QB.

Tbonewannabe
11-20-2019, 09:52 AM
Pretty sure JoMo is done and he knows it and so do the players. I hear there are some pretty well known players routinely skipping workouts or being late and skipping study hall time. But they still play. One of them is a freshmen QB.

It wouldn't be surprising considering how out of shape we look and the lack of effort most of the time. Former players are pretty much saying this on Twitter. I don't think I have seen anyone actually positive about this coaching staff.

Churchill
11-20-2019, 09:55 AM

I wouldn't doubt this one second. Was told this train wreck was in the works in Sept. by a well known former player. Now it's here.

TrapGame
11-20-2019, 10:12 AM
Bo Bounds was giving us ZERO chance of winning the EB this am. He dogged Joe, his offense (23 games and NO identity) and how awfully prepared the team has looked for ten minutes straight. It was brutal. He thinks Joe is done.

Maroonthirteen
11-20-2019, 11:09 AM
Bo Bounds was giving us ZERO chance of winning the EB this am. He dogged Joe, his offense (23 games and NO identity) and how awfully prepared the team has looked for ten minutes straight. It was brutal. He thinks Joe is done.

If you’re talking about yesterday...... it was 1.5 hours straight....maybe more. I turned it off at that point.

tcdog70
11-20-2019, 11:09 AM
looking at the whole ball of wax---Hud has a much bigger volume of work for a much longer time. Dammit boys--he has won everywhere with shitty programs. when has been on our staff-we have been a better team. Damn , some people can't see the forest for the trees.

Maroonthirteen
11-20-2019, 11:11 AM
you can tell in his body language since the UT loss. went from Ra-Ra desperation to dead man walking. He?s done, he knows it.

His press conference this week, he looked mad, frustrated and couldn’t be out
Of the room quick enough. I agree. I think he is done.

TrapGame
11-20-2019, 11:20 AM
If you’re talking about yesterday...... it was 1.5 hours straight....maybe more. I turned it off at that point.

Nope. 8:30 this morning 11/20/19. He was BRUTAL on Moorhead. That tells me it's pretty much over for Joe. Three weeks ago Bo was belittling anyone that thought MSU would let Moorhead go in year two. Today, he was virtually saying "MSU HAS to let Moorhead go. It ain't working at all."

TrapGame
11-20-2019, 11:21 AM
looking at the whole ball of wax---Hud has a much bigger volume of work for a much longer time. Dammit boys--he has won everywhere with shitty programs. when has been on our staff-we have been a better team. Damn , some people can't see the forest for the trees.

Well, he's never coached at Fordham. That's a mark against him.**

Maroonthirteen
11-20-2019, 11:25 AM
Nope. 8:30 this morning 11/20/19. He was BRUTAL on Moorhead. That tells me it's pretty much over for Joe. Three weeks ago Bo was belittling anyone that thought MSU would let Moorhead go in year two. Today, he was virtually saying "MSU HAS to let Moorhead go. It ain't working at all."

Do you think Bounds is plugged in to the right people and is creating a narrative?

I’m just assuming he is saying whatever to drive listeners. State fans seem to can’t get enough of talking about firing Moorhead too. Also OM fans are loving the JRP/Coach MAC love while he dog cusses State.

Tbonewannabe
11-20-2019, 11:27 AM

I think we might have gave Joe a chance to see if he somehow upset Bama. We then looked like garbage yet again and was one of Bama's best defensive performances.

Indndawg
11-20-2019, 11:40 AM
If this IS the case, just let him resign and save some mullah. I want the JoMo era to end T'giving.

trojandawg
11-20-2019, 12:37 PM
https://www.thezone1059.com/jake-wimberly-ondemand/

viverlibre
11-20-2019, 08:50 PM

Plus Gus ain't scared of Saben. That's rare company.