PDA

View Full Version : Did y'all see that LSU forgot the "Magnolia Bowl"......

Liverpooldawg
11-19-2019, 10:54 AM
trophy and left it on the field last week?

KOdawg1
11-19-2019, 10:56 AM
But LSU is their real rival...

Commercecomet24
11-19-2019, 10:59 AM
There's actually a trophy for that? lol at the rebel, bears or whatever the heck they are called now. LSU don't care about them at all.

BeardoMSU
11-19-2019, 11:21 AM
Neal pushing OM to do the same with the Egg Bowl (if they win) is so precious. He's been pushing this for the past few years.

JoseBrown
11-19-2019, 12:48 PM
But LSU is their real rival...

Yea, real rivals wouldn't do anything like that!***

Todd4State
11-19-2019, 01:13 PM
Neal pushing OM to do the same with the Egg Bowl (if they win) is so precious. He's been pushing this for the past few years.

Yeah that’s not happening if they win.

R2Dawg
11-19-2019, 02:02 PM

That is so typical. Olemiss wants that to be real so bad, LSU could care less. They have two highlights from a 1950s game or two and they call it a rivalry. ESPN pushing it too talking about that game on the rivalry special on college football 150. No mention of eggbowl at all. ESPN sucks so bad and is so bias.

Yeah the big MS/LA wooden chainsaw carved trophy looks hideous. Coach O probably told them to leave it there. HaHa.

Liverpooldawg
11-19-2019, 03:03 PM
That is so typical. Olemiss wants that to be real so bad, LSU could care less. They have two highlights from a 1950s game or two and they call it a rivalry. ESPN pushing it too talking about that game on the rivalry special on college football 150. No mention of eggbowl at all. ESPN sucks so bad and is so bias.

Yeah the big MS/LA wooden chainsaw carved trophy looks hideous. Coach O probably told them to leave it there. HaHa.

There is a nest of UM people at ESPN. At one time their head of college sports was a Reb. He may still be.

OLJWales
11-19-2019, 03:43 PM
Ok, laugh at me all you want but are ya'll just joshing? There's really not a trophy for that game, is there?

msbulldog
11-19-2019, 03:58 PM
Ok, laugh at me all you want but are ya'll just joshing? There's really not a trophy for that game, is there?

Oh yeah, a terrible one.

Liverpooldawg
11-19-2019, 04:13 PM

Yep, Ole Miss' idea.

fishwater99
11-19-2019, 04:17 PM
Magnolia Bowl
DescriptionThe Magnolia Bowl is the LSU–Ole Miss football rivalry. It is an American college football rivalry game played annually by the LSU Tigers football team of Louisiana State University and the Ole Miss Rebels football team of the University of Mississippi. The teams compete for the Magnolia Bowl Trophy. Wikipedia
Trophy: Magnolia Bowl Trophy (since 2008)

PGHBulldogBG
11-19-2019, 04:22 PM
It’s embarrassing on their part they consider it a rival. That would be like if we tried to claim Bama as our big rival. It’s not a rival after 30 years. Even Michigan/Ohio State has lost its luster since Michigan never beats them.

Jack Lambert
11-19-2019, 04:34 PM
Yeah that’s not happening if they win.

they might actually take piss on the field and not just act it out.

Turfdawg67
11-19-2019, 04:54 PM

Lolz!!! So embarrassing!

RocketDawg
11-19-2019, 05:50 PM
It’s embarrassing on their part they consider it a rival. That would be like if we tried to claim Bama as our big rival. It’s not a rival after 30 years. Even Michigan/Ohio State has lost its luster since Michigan never beats them.

I consider Alabama to be a rival, but that's mainly because of where I live and their bandwagon fans. I'd rather beat them than any other team. I doubt they consider us a rival, and most of their bandwagon fans (not the real, educated alumni) get us confused with Ole Miss.

R2Dawg
11-19-2019, 10:09 PM
I consider Alabama to be a rival, but that's mainly because of where I live and their bandwagon fans. I'd rather beat them than any other team. I doubt they consider us a rival, and most of their bandwagon fans (not the real, educated alumni) get us confused with Ole Miss.

I agree Alabama is a rival but very similar to Olemiss LSU. We don't beat them much but have as much historical luster as OlemissLSU. As others have said, not much of a rival if it is one sided which Bama and LSU are. Olemiss just looks like a fool creating that and then having media at ESPN push it. Of course the national fans don't know any better, but then they see the eggbowl on Thanksgiving night and wonder so what kind of game is this?

OLJWales
11-19-2019, 10:49 PM
I visualize an Ole Miss fan with said trophy in hand after the game running down Coach O right after the game barely with enough breath in his lungs to remind Coach O he forgot to take the trophy.

Coach O responds with " Nah, we good." Hurt and Confusion enters the room for OM fan.

Lord McBuckethead
11-19-2019, 11:31 PM
There's actually a trophy for that? lol at the rebel, bears or whatever the heck they are called now. LSU don't care about them at all.

They should make UM drive it down to them.

DeltaChicagoDog
11-19-2019, 11:43 PM
In Coach O's press conference before the OM game, he said something like "this a big game. SEC game. And a rivalry game...for them.' Hilarious.

Todd4State
11-20-2019, 01:19 AM
they might actually take piss on the field and not just act it out.

Much more likely than them ever leaving the Egg Bowl Trophy in Starkville after a win for sure.

SailingDawg
11-20-2019, 03:58 PM
40-63-4 is hardly a rivalry. 17-33 the last fifty years.

Of course, they could say the same about us, but we're even for the last fifty years, I believe.

Percho
11-20-2019, 05:44 PM
Image: https://i.imgur.com/7yNXM80.jpg

OLJWales
11-20-2019, 06:31 PM
Image: https://i.imgur.com/7yNXM80.jpg

Lol, I wonder how people create shit like that