PDA

View Full Version : Hotty Toddy!!!!!! HYDR

ShotgunDawg
11-19-2019, 09:17 AM
I can't take it anymore. Like Cadaver said, this shit has to end.

Bo Bounds is going on and on this morning about how if Joe wins the Egg Bowl, he'll be back &, if he loses, there will be change.

If that's the case, they Hotty 17in Toddy.

I have a fear that Joe is going to have some Malzahn in him & put forth the best game plan in 2 years next week against Ole Miss just to save his job. He strikes me as one of those types that stubbornly uses his & only his offense until his job is on the line at which point in time he'll just do whatever it takes to win. Joe will have us running the option & power spread next Thursday night. You just watch

I remember back to 2008 & how good Croom getting destroyed by Ole Miss was for our program & I feel the same at this time.

HYDR Hotty Toddy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5vKyQFdGQ8&feature=youtu.be

wild_dawg
11-19-2019, 09:25 AM
I want him gone, but I'll never root for us to lose to those 17's.

ShotgunDawg
11-19-2019, 09:27 AM

I'm only for what's best for the program.

Or at very least I hope that fans make it known that him staying is so unacceptable that it doesn't matter if we win or lose

KentuckyDawg13
No sh|t, the OP is weak to even suggest such.

ShotgunDawg
I wish Tusk would come on here & tell us the story about when he called the Hogs one year vs Bama

wild_dawg
11-19-2019, 09:32 AM
I'm only for what's best for the program.

Or at very least I hope that fans make it known that him staying is so unacceptable that it doesn't matter if we win or lose
Best case, we win and he still leaves. There's just no way in hell I can ever root for them to win this game.

TrapGame
11-19-2019, 09:33 AM
I think Joe's gone either way. Win or lose he's going back to the Northeast. His offense will look great in the Big10 or Big East. He knows it ain't working in the SEC and he refuses to change it (cough, cough Hud & Johnson). He'll be at Rutgers, BC or UMass by mid December.

Liverpooldawg
11-19-2019, 09:35 AM

Bo Bounds is going on and on this morning about how if Joe wins the Egg Bowl, he'll be back &, if he loses, there will be change.

I have a fear that Joe is going to have some Malzahn in him & put forth the best game plan in 2 years next week against Ole Miss just to save his job. He strikes me as one of those types that stubbornly uses his & only his offense until his job is on the line at which point in time he'll just do whatever it takes to win. Joe will have us running the option & power spread next Thursday night. You just watch

I remember back to 2008 & how good Croom getting destroyed by Ole Miss was for our program & I feel the same at this time.

HYDR Hotty Toddy

That's absolutely disgusting. It also BY DEFINITION makes you a Confederate rebel. I'm not calling you that. You called yourself that.

msstate7
11-19-2019, 09:35 AM
No sh|t, the OP is weak to even suggest such.

Whatever... I'd rather lose "bragging" rights for being less garbage than them than let Moorhead send us straight back to bottom. Moorhead leaving is waaaayyyy more important to our program than beating om

Rick Danko
11-19-2019, 09:36 AM
I want him gone at this point, it?s just not working and I have defended him with the best of em.

But if that means I have to root for ole miss I?ll just have to endure another year of Joe. They can go to hell until the day I die

DownwardDawg
11-19-2019, 09:42 AM
Bo doesn’t know squat. He’s guessing like everyone else.
I hope we beat them badly. But I also hope that the decision to replace him has already been made. Hail State!!

PS...... maybe we’ll lose to Abilene Christian. Then egg doesn’t matter!!! Ha

ShotgunDawg
11-19-2019, 09:45 AM
I hope we beat them badly. But I also hope that the decision to replace him has already been made. Hail State!!

Losing to Abilene & beating OM may be the preferable thing here

HancockCountyDog
11-19-2019, 09:45 AM

HYDR Hotty Toddy

This so eerily familiar to 2013. We had so many fans ready to fire CDM and they were openly talking about rooting for the bears.

I don't know a single true bulldog fan that could actually go into a game and root for those f@ckers.

How about - win the game, make a bowl, win a bowl and close strong in recruiting?

BeardoMSU
11-19-2019, 09:47 AM
Whatever... I'd rather lose "bragging" rights for being less garbage than them than let Moorhead send us straight back to bottom. Moorhead leaving is waaaayyyy more important to our program than beating om

https://media.giphy.com/media/hrvAPNxmHUDjW4ESDn/giphy.gif

msstate7

Homedawg on here said it's win or go for Moorhead in egg. If there's one poster on here you can trust what they say, it's homedawg

TUSK
I wish Tusk would come on here & tell us the story about when he called the Hogs one year vs Bama

It was consecutive years. And it was the correct thing to do, given the direction of the program.

ShotgunDawg
This so eerily familiar to 2013. We had so many fans ready to fire CDM and they were openly talking about rooting for the bears.

I don't know a single true bulldog fan that could actually go into a game and root for those f@ckers.

How about - win the game, make a bowl, win a bowl and close strong in recruiting?

I don't remember that 2013.

Also, that was with a coach that had already taken us to multiple bowl games & beat Michigan in the Gator Bowl by a million.

ShotgunDawg
It was consecutive years. And it was the correct thing to do, given the direction of the program.

What would you advise us to do?

Cooterpoot
11-19-2019, 09:49 AM
Then 17 you

TrapGame
11-19-2019, 09:49 AM
Homedawg on here said it's win or go for Moorhead in egg. If there's one poster on here you can trust what they say, it's homedawg

Yeah, Homedawg has become like E.F. Hutton round here.

Captain Falcon
11-19-2019, 09:53 AM
If you are genuinely rooting for Ole Miss, you are more concerned about being able to say you were right than you are concerned with what?s best for the school. It may be unlikely, but the best thing for MSU is for Moorhead to get things turned around himself and for us to win under his watch. Until he?s not our coach anymore, you should want him to succeed here, even if you?re skeptical about it happening.

To me, rooting for us to lose to our 4-7 arch rival is petty and self-serving. Your hate for Moorhead is greater than your desire for MSU to win. And it?s built off an assumption that if we lose then it will help us win in the future, which is an enormous ?if?. Be careful what you wish for, we could lose to Ole Miss and either still keep Joe another year or hire another bad coach.

I have zero patience for the ?rooting for us to lose the Egg Bowl? crowd.

Liverpooldawg
11-19-2019, 09:56 AM
I don't remember that 2013.

Also, that was with a coach that had already taken us to multiple bowl games & beat Michigan in the Gator Bowl by a million.

It happened

msstate7
11-19-2019, 09:59 AM
I'm sure all you criticizing shotgun were pulling for us to beat om in 2008. Just think how differently things could've been for us had croom won that game, no mullen

BeardoMSU
11-19-2019, 10:01 AM
I'm sure all you criticizing shotgun were pulling for us to beat om in 2008. Just think how differently things could've been for us had croom won that game, no mullen

As long as we go 1-11, we're a good program!**

TUSK
11-19-2019, 10:03 AM
What would you advise us to do?

I can't intelligently speak for y'all's situation, Bammer's was totally different... They were pissing away Top 5 type talent and getting in trouble, simultaneously... Dubose was toxic to the program...

If y'all KNOW (FOR A FACT) that JoMo isn't the answer, you have to fire him... If the powers that be won't fire him, you fire them... Hell, at Bammer, we usually fire the President, then the Coach...lol

And I'll add... "Money be damned"....

I actually have to work some today... I'll catch you cats later...

edit: think of a really bad coach as a "cancer"... ya gotta cut that shit out asap... Rooting for the Hogs was my "chemo", if you will.... (please note I am NOT making light of cancer... it's an analogy-thingy)

ShotgunDawg
11-19-2019, 10:07 AM
If y'all KNOW (FOR A FACT) that JoMo isn't the answer, you have to fire him...

Exactly

Liverpooldawg
11-19-2019, 10:18 AM
Exactly

You did notice the words he put in bold? So when are you moving to NAFOOM? That's where I thought those that root for the Confederates hang out.

StateDawg44
11-19-2019, 10:19 AM
If you are genuinely rooting for Ole Miss, you are more concerned about being able to say you were right than you are concerned with what?s best for the school. It may be unlikely, but the best thing for MSU is for Moorhead to get things turned around himself and for us to win under his watch. Until he?s not our coach anymore, you should want him to succeed here, even if you?re skeptical about it happening.

To me, rooting for us to lose to our 4-7 arch rival is petty and self-serving. Your hate for Moorhead is greater than your desire for MSU to win. And it?s built off an assumption that if we lose then it will help us win in the future, which is an enormous ?if?. Be careful what you wish for, we could lose to Ole Miss and either still keep Joe another year or hire another bad coach.

I have zero patience for the ?rooting for us to lose the Egg Bowl? crowd.

I get what you're saying but it isn't an emotional decision of whether we believe in MSU or not or want to win the game. Obviously a W would be nice but at what expense? We know they are garbage football. But they are improving weekly. What we have done is the opposite.

It's a business decision to salvage what we have.

Liverpooldawg
11-19-2019, 10:20 AM

And we were in 13 to.

Liverpooldawg
11-19-2019, 10:21 AM
I get what you're saying but it isn't an emotional decision of whether we believe in MSU or not or want to win the game. Obviously a W would be nice but at what expense? We know they are garbage football. But they are improving weekly. What we have done is the opposite.

It COULD be seen as an emotional decision in order to DO SOMETHING.

Captain Falcon
11-19-2019, 10:21 AM

Hindsight is 20/20 and it ended up working out, but yes, going in I wanted Croom to win that game. I think there is a big assumption that if we lose then we’ll be able to move on to our next great coach. That’s a big assumption. Hiring a coach that would be any better than Moorhead is no guarantee at all. Just look at the cycle schools like Arkansas and Tennessee have gotten themselves into. With that in mind, root for Joe to win this game.

BeardoMSU
11-19-2019, 10:22 AM

Emotion > Reason**

ShotgunDawg
11-19-2019, 10:24 AM
Hiring a coach that would be any better than Moorhead is no guarantee at all..

So we should just punt on the football program?

If we managed to hire a worse football coach than Moorhead, then everyone involved with that decision has to be canned.

Here's what people don't understand about Moorhead, he's a 4-8 coach that happened to take over a program with more talent than that. He's not the type of coach that his record even indicates. We'd be hard pressed to make a worse hire than Moorhead assuming we read resumes

Commercecomet24
11-19-2019, 10:25 AM
JoMo needs to Gomo but I just can't pull for us to lose to those turds up north, just can't do it, not in my dna.

ShotgunDawg
11-19-2019, 10:26 AM
JoMo needs to Gomo but I just can't pull for us to lose to those turds up north, just can't do it, not in my dna.

Then how do you reconcile those two feelings?

I don't want to pull for them either & in truth I'm going to cheer when we score (It's in my DNA), but I can't justify it if us winning means that our program is set back further

Again, assuming you can't have your cake & eat it too, how do you reconcile this in your mind?

gtowndawg
11-19-2019, 10:29 AM
I asked this question yesterday, if the players know Joe is coaching for his job in the Egg Bowl do they do whatever it takes to save him or go thru the motions? I honestly can't tell if they have mailed it in or not (sometimes I think yes, sometimes no). But if you really believe in your coach, would they not be ready to roll Ole Miss?

Liverpooldawg
11-19-2019, 10:30 AM
Emotion > Reason**

It certainly is and you shouldn't have added the **. If you think anyone that want's to MAYBE not fire Joe after this year has some sort of emotion invested in that you are kidding yourself. Heck my EMOTION says fire him. My reason says "Well maybe , BUT....'

TrapGame
11-19-2019, 10:32 AM
So we should just punt on the football program?

If we managed to hire a worse football coach than Moorhead, then everyone involved with that decision has to be canned.

Here's what people don't understand about Moorhead, he's a 4-8 coach that happened to take over a program with more talent than that. He's not the type of coach that his record even indicates. We'd be hard pressed to make a worse hire than Moorhead assuming we read resumes

Joe's resume was fool's gold. He had a ringer at Fordham (an NFL level RB in the Patriot League) and all this wonderful offense he had at PSU was Franklin telling him what to call (that 4 or 5 game "adjustment" was Franklin going through his play book - cough,cough: Hud & Johnson).

If people really think not bringing in some one like Napier, Norvell or even Clawson is not improvement then they are clueless. Hell, Hud would be an improvement over Moorhead.

Really Clark?
11-19-2019, 10:32 AM

Some wanted that but the majority that wanted him gone, wanted him to leave on his own and admitted that we couldn?t fire him. They were concerned that he would underachieve in 2014 because the writing was on the wall that with Dak developing faster than anticipated and young players starting to come into their own, we could have a couple of really good years coming up. But by the later third of the year most had settled down from all of that seeing how the team was developing.

Jarius
11-19-2019, 10:33 AM

I don't want to pull for them either & in truth I'm going to cheer when we score (It's in my DNA), but I can't justify it if us winning means that our program is set back further

Again, assuming you can't have your cake & eat it too, how do you reconcile this in your mind?

You put leadership in place that is smart enough to realize beating a 4-7 Ole Miss team with a damn walking retard as their head coach is not a reason to not fire your own walking retard of a head coach.

gtowndawg
11-19-2019, 10:33 AM
Side note, but as others have said, Joe going to Rutgers is dead...

https://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/2019/11/rutgers-moving-toward-greg-schiano-reunion-as-ohio-state-rolls-into-town.html

Liverpooldawg
11-19-2019, 10:34 AM

You reconcile them by remembering who you are and who you are NOT. I am NOT a condescending, arrogant, smirking, better than you, entitled, Diddy's boy, Rebel BearShark Confederate prick. THAT is how I reconcile it and why I consider anyone who ever roots for them against us to be one of THEM.

Commercecomet24
11-19-2019, 10:35 AM

For one thing I'm a winner not a loser and I don't ever want to lose. For another Joe may be gone even if we win, so I'm always gonna pull for us to win, no matter who the opponent is(it doesn't have to be ole miss), i'm always gonna pull for us to win period. You can feel however you want to and I don't have to reconcile anything in my mind because I don't over analyze every single thing like you do. Emotional people like you jump from one emotion to another like a road lizard, me not so much.

Liverpooldawg
11-19-2019, 10:36 AM
Joe's resume was fool's gold. He had a ringer at Fordham (an NFL level RB in the Patriot League) and all this wonderful offense he had at PSU was Franklin telling him what to call (that 4 or 5 game "adjustment" was Franklin going through his play book - cough,cough: Hud & Johnson).

If people really think not bringing in some one like Napier, Norvell or even Clawson is not improvement then they are clueless. Hell, Hud would be an improvement over Moorhead.

Our talent on the offensive side of the ball that he inherited was also fool's gold. Don't let what the defense had cloud your thinking.

OLJWales
11-19-2019, 10:37 AM
I guess my problem is that I could never pull against State, especially the egg bowl even if we benefited from it regarding a much needed coaching change. I'm just not emotionally strong enough to go there because losing to ole miss is a gut punch to me that hurts bad for at least 3 days.

Liverpooldawg
11-19-2019, 10:37 AM
For one thing I'm a winner not a loser and I don't ever want to lose. For another Joe may be gone even if we win, so I'm always gonna pull for us to win, no matter who the opponent is(it doesn't have to be ole miss), i'm always gonna pull for us to win period. You can feel however you want to and I don't have to reconcile anything in my mind because I don't over analyze every single thing like you do. Emotional people like you jump from one emotion to another like a road lizard, me not so much.

GREAT POST.

gtowndawg
11-19-2019, 10:40 AM
For another Joe may be gone even if we win

Do we have any actionable intel that is the case? Where would he go? Rutgers is done and out of the question. Any other outlets implying he is being looked at for other jobs? I'm just looking for some hope here but I'm highly concerned Joe leaving on his own is just a pipe dream at this point.

Liverpooldawg
11-19-2019, 10:41 AM
You reconcile them by remembering who you are and who you are NOT. I am NOT a condescending, arrogant, smirking, better than you, entitled, Diddy's boy, Rebel BearShark Confederate prick. THAT is how I reconcile it and why I consider anyone who ever roots for them against us to be one of THEM.

I'll qualify that by saying they aren't all that way, but there are enough of them. Even the one's that aren't get that way about sports.

Liverpooldawg
11-19-2019, 10:42 AM
Do we have any actionable intel that is the case? Where would he go? Rutgers is done and out of the question. Any other outlets implying he is being looked at for other jobs? I'm just looking for some hope here but I'm highly concerned Joe leaving on his own is just a pipe dream at this point.

No. Rutgers was the only one and that was mostly just the usual Rebel controlled outlets. They went quiet because we are doing their work for them now.

TrapGame
11-19-2019, 10:46 AM
Our talent on the offensive side of the ball that he inherited was also fool's gold. Don't let what the defense had cloud your thinking.

LOL! Yeah, okay.

TrapGame
11-19-2019, 10:47 AM
No. Rutgers was the only one and that was mostly just the usual Rebel controlled outlets. They went quiet because we are doing their work for them now.

Joe's doing the work all by himself. Good grief.

Really Clark?
11-19-2019, 10:48 AM

If our offense just stayed pat from 2017, we win 10 games. We averaged 26.3 points per game in conference in 2017 and returned a vast majority of our scoring and knew Hill was ready to run and add to our offense. In fact 26 points in every conference last year gives us an 11-1 regular season record with only losing to Kentucky as they scored 28.

Commercecomet24
11-19-2019, 10:50 AM

There's a number of folks with big checkbooks that completely fell off the fence after the ut debacle and the snowball has only gotten larger with the other crap shows he's produced since then. The embarrassing way we've played this year has pissed off a lot of people. Even winning the Egg may not save him. It's a waiting game at this point.

Really Clark?
11-19-2019, 10:52 AM

Well it’s been pretty much stuck on Schiano for a while now for Rutgers but the New Jersey reporting was truthful with Moorehead and have absolutely no connection to UM. That’s just not true. He was a candidate by the AD but the UT game hurt his position as far as Rutgers was concerned. The board has wanted Schiano the whole time so there has been a bit of a power struggle. They still are awaiting the approval for all of Schaino’s demands to be met but should happen.

Commercecomet24
11-19-2019, 10:53 AM
Well it’s been pretty much stuck on Schiano for a while now for Rutgers but the New Jersey reporting was truthful with Moorehead and have absolutely no connection to UM. That’s just not true. He was a candidate by the AD but the UT game hurt his position as far as Rutgers was concerned. The board has wanted Schiano the whole time so there has been a bit of a power struggle. They still are awaiting the approval for all of Schaino’s demands to be met but should happen.

Yep, This.

Pipedream
11-19-2019, 10:53 AM
A lot to comb through in this thread. First off, there was hardly any sort of consensus that Mullen was coaching for his job in the 13 Egg Bowl. There was some disappointment, but it was a vast minority that even mentioned him being fired if we lost that game. So to say that the chatter was THIS loud for him to be coaching for his job in 13 is some reach and revisionist history. Secondly, the 2018 offense looking backwards had at least 3 NFL OL, maybe more, a future all-SEC and pro RB (Hill), two other 1000 yard rushers (Aeris and Fitz). WR talent was lacking, but anyone with any sense would reasonably expect an offense with that sort of talent makeup to be able to score more than 7, 6, 3 and 0 in 4 out of 5 losses. Now, on to the Egg Bowl dilemma. If it is truly win or go home for JM, I think a fan that truly cares about the LONG TERM health of the program can rationalize hoping to lose. I get that. Problem is, no one really knows if that is the case at hand. I am glad to see the rhetoric is shifting towards it being a win or go home game. That's a positive sign. I mean are we going to take this football thing seriously or just drop back into the shadows? Because if we are going to be serious about it, losing to this OM team at home is a fireable offense.

Gutter Cobreh
11-19-2019, 10:55 AM
LOL... Bo has set up shop in Shutgun's head and is living there rent free!!!

Bounds is throwing out speculative, theoretical benchmarks regarding Joe's employment and we have people (I won't call them fans) who immediately jump on that and now are publicly stating they will root for Ole Miss against us.

You folks have lost your damn minds. I don't give a shit if we have Tudorgate II in the next week and we can only dress out 11 guys who have to play both sides of the ball. There is not one single thing that would cause me to root for the Rebels to beat us. The ****ers intentionally broke our QB's ankle two years ago for God's sake!!!

Captain Falcon
11-19-2019, 10:56 AM
Let’s not be ridiculous here. You can be super skeptical of Joe and still want us to win the Egg Bowl. Those two things can exist simultaneously, unlike what some would lead you to believe.

Joe has issues, and I personally think he will eventually be fired. But I’m not so jaded to the point that I think it’s impossible that he could ever do a good job here. An Egg Bowl loss would probably be the nail in the coffin for me, but at 6-6 with an Egg Bowl win I feel like is not just this inexcusably bad season. It’s not what I would call good, and there will still be pressure on him next year, but I think it’s only fair to root for him to win out this year and prove us wrong next year. If it doesn’t work out, we will move on. But I am not convinced we have reached the point of no return yet. An Egg Bowl loss would probably do it, but I’m not going actively root for that to happen.

Dawg2003
11-19-2019, 10:56 AM
I'd never root for us to lose the Egg Bowl. The chances that we get someone as successful as Mullen aren't great.

Really Clark?
11-19-2019, 10:57 AM
A lot to comb through in this thread. First off, there was hardly any sort of consensus that Mullen was coaching for his job in the 13 Egg Bowl. There was some disappointment, but it was a vast minority that even mentioned him being fired if we lost that game. So to say that the chatter was THIS loud for him to be coaching for his job in 13 is some reach and revisionist history. Secondly, the 2018 offense looking backwards had at least 3 NFL OL, maybe more, a future all-SEC and pro RB (Hill), two other 1000 yard rushers (Aeris and Fitz). WR talent was lacking, but anyone with any sense would reasonably expect an offense with that sort of talent makeup to be able to score more than 7, 6, 3 and 0 in 4 out of 5 losses. Now, on to the Egg Bowl dilemma. If it is truly win or go home for JM, I think a fan that truly cares about the LONG TERM health of the program can rationalize hoping to lose. I get that. Problem is, no one really knows if that is the case at hand. I am glad to see the rhetoric is shifting towards it being a win or go home game. That's a positive sign. I mean are we going to take this football thing seriously or just drop back into the shadows? Because if we are going to be serious about it, losing to this OM team at home is a fireable offense.

You forgot we also returned another 1,000 yard back in Aeris, and that was nearly a fireable offense in his misuse or should I say un-use last season. We legitimately had the potential for 3 1,000 yard rushers last season and man staying on that would have opened up the pass game so more for us throughout the year. But it’s done now

Tbonewannabe
11-19-2019, 10:57 AM
I hope we beat them by a FG but it is because we had like 3 pick 6s.

Liverpooldawg
11-19-2019, 11:00 AM
If our offense just stayed pat from 2017, we win 10 games. We averaged 26.3 points per game in conference in 2017 and returned a vast majority of our scoring and knew Hill was ready to run and add to our offense. In fact 26 points in every conference last year gives us an 11-1 regular season record with only losing to Kentucky as they scored 28.

Maybe, but we still couldn't pass the ball. That became more and more apparent over the THREE years. Our receiving corps was NOT good last year and it's not much better (if any) this year. It's easy to stop the run for decent defenses when you know you really don't have to worry about the pass. That's been the common denominator since 2015. If we can't run it on you, we struggle.

Liverpooldawg
11-19-2019, 11:01 AM
There's a number of folks with big checkbooks that completely fell off the fence after the ut debacle and the snowball has only gotten larger with the other crap shows he's produced since then. The embarrassing way we've played this year has pissed off a lot of people. Even winning the Egg may not save him. It's a waiting game at this point.

He was referring to Joe possibly leaving on his own.

Really Clark?
11-19-2019, 11:02 AM
Let’s not be ridiculous here. You can be super skeptical of Joe and still want us to win the Egg Bowl. Those two things can exist simultaneously, unlike what some would lead you to believe.

Joe has issues, and I personally think he will eventually be fired. But I’m not so jaded to the point that I think it’s impossible that he could ever do a good job here. An Egg Bowl loss would probably be the nail in the coffin for me, but at 6-6 with an Egg Bowl win I feel like is not just this inexcusably bad season. It’s not what I would call good, and there will still be pressure on him next year, but I think it’s only fair to root for him to win out this year and prove us wrong next year. If it doesn’t work out, we will move on. But I am not convinced we have reached the point of no return yet. An Egg Bowl loss would probably do it, but I’m not going actively root for that to happen.

I‘ll never root for an OM win. Can’t do it, makes me sick to think about it. But if beating a 4-7 team makes the mess of the other 23 games ease your mind, your bar is set way way too low or it’s because it’s OM. If it takes beating a losing team, then he is not the guy. It really doesn’t help him because of the track record of the other horrid preparations and game plans.

Commercecomet24
11-19-2019, 11:03 AM
He was referring to Joe possibly leaving on his own.

My bad.

Liverpooldawg
11-19-2019, 11:04 AM
You forgot we also returned another 1,000 yard back in Aeris, and that was nearly a fireable offense in his misuse or should I say un-use last season. We legitimately had the potential for 3 1,000 yard rushers last season and man staying on that would have opened up the pass game so more for us throughout the year. But it’s done now

And we couldn't pass the ball consistently. I don't care who you have blocking and running the ball. In modern football if you don't have a credible passing threat good defenses WILL stop you. That is what happened the last thee years.

Really Clark?
11-19-2019, 11:06 AM
Maybe, but we still couldn't pass the ball. That became more and more apparent over the THREE years. Our receiving corps was NOT good last year and it's not much better (if any) this year. It's easy to stop the run for decent defenses when you know you really don't have to worry about the pass. That's been the common denominator since 2015. If we can't run it on you, we struggle.

And yet we won 9 in 2017...I hear what you are saying but we didn’t have the passing in 2017 but we still scored 26 points per game in conference. Just stay at the margin and we win a min of 10 games last year. Passing or not we win 10 games min. LSU was 19-3, that’s a win and we blew them out in 2017 running the ball. Florida...26 points was plenty to beat them. Heck we didn’t need 26 points to beat LSU and Florida last year.

ShotgunDawg
11-19-2019, 11:08 AM
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/TameAdorableHaddock-small.gif

dawgday166
11-19-2019, 11:20 AM
And we couldn't pass the ball consistently. I don't care who you have blocking and running the ball. In modern football if you don't have a credible passing threat good defenses WILL stop you. That is what happened the last thee years.

In 2017 we passed it effectively against anyone not named Ga & AU, which the Ga D was better than any this year except Clemson & OSU may be close to as good. The AU D was probably a top 5 this year. That was with all Jrs. I believe they would have progressed to be better in 2018 with another year of experience and also the only D that rivaled those 2 Ds in SEC last year was our D. We played no Ds that rivaled those 2 last year. Plus, we dropped Ga for a much lesser FL team. When you have a FItz/Aeris combo, you can set up the pass better. Aeris pass blocking helped too.

Captain Falcon
11-19-2019, 11:26 AM
I‘ll never root for an OM win. Can’t do it, makes me sick to think about it. But if beating a 4-7 team makes the mess of the other 23 games ease your mind, your bar is set way way too low or it’s because it’s OM. If it takes beating a losing team, then he is not the guy. It really doesn’t help him because of the track record of the other horrid preparations and game plans.

Beating Ole Miss doesn’t change the fact that next year is high pressure for Joe. But to get fired after two years you have to be a total disaster (see Chad Morris and Wille Taggart). At 6-6, it’s still a disappointing year, but I don’t think it’s a DEFCON 1, have to fire him right now situation. It leaves the door cracked just enough to think that perhaps there’s a chance next year will be better with no tutor gate and a clear commitment to one guy at QB.

Liverpooldawg
11-19-2019, 11:28 AM
In 2017 we passed it effectively against anyone not named Ga & AU, which the Ga D was better than any this year except Clemson & OSU may be close to as good. The AU D was probably a top 5 this year. That was with all Jrs. I believe they would have progressed to be better in 2018 with another year of experience and also the only D that rivaled those 2 Ds in SEC last year was our D. We played no Ds that rivaled those 2 last year. Plus, we dropped Ga for a much lesser FL team. When you have a FItz/Aeris combo, you can set up the pass better. Aeris pass blocking helped too.

Ok, what ever makes you feel better.

Liverpooldawg
11-19-2019, 11:29 AM
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/TameAdorableHaddock-small.gif

Are you still an Ole Miss fan?

Really Clark?
11-19-2019, 11:33 AM
Beating Ole Miss doesn’t change the fact that next year is high pressure for Joe. But to get fired after two years you have to be a total disaster (see Chad Morris and Wille Taggart). At 6-6, it’s still a disappointing year, but I don’t think it’s a DEFCON 1, have to fire him right now situation. It leaves the door cracked just enough to think that perhaps there’s a chance next year will be better with no tutor gate and a clear commitment to one guy at QB.

They fired Taggert at 4-5, Moorehead is 4-6. FSU knew last year was a rebuild and that is Moorehead’s only advantage. He miss managed a much much better team in 2018. Otherwise they are about the same. They still may go to a bowl game while firing their coach mid-season.

I’m sorry there has been nothing for 2 years and 22 games that shows next year will be better and beating a 4-7 team won’t change that either. Your bar is way too low

Homedawg
11-19-2019, 11:48 AM

This is spot on. The only sure thing at this point is if we lose. If we win..... who knows. Could go either way.

Liverpooldawg
11-19-2019, 11:49 AM
They fired Taggert at 4-5, Moorehead is 4-6. FSU knew last year was a rebuild and that is Moorehead’s only advantage. He miss managed a much much better team in 2018. Otherwise they are about the same. They still may go to a bowl game while firing their coach mid-season.

I’m sorry there has been nothing for 2 years and 22 games that shows next year will be better and beating a 4-7 team won’t change that either. Your bar is way too low

I'm going to say something that will get me blasted. It sucks, but it is the TRUTH. We ain't Florida State. There is the rub. Us doing it will not be perceived the same way as them doing it. People are going to bring up Arkansas as well. Their team this year might be the worst SEC team in the last 40 years, and they were almost as bad last year. It would be between them and Tech and 10 here. We aren't even the worst team THIS year. They won't be perceived like we will be either.

DeputyDawg94
11-19-2019, 11:51 AM
I absolutely do not want to lose to those jerks. I can?t root for that. I agree that if we lose it helps joe out the door much faster which would be 17n great. But as I said in another thread, if we are going to lose I hope it?s a skull 17ing between 2 dumpster fires on a sinking ship that?s on fire type bad so there is no doubt what needs to happen. I do agree that losing is best for the future of the program unless he?s leaving on his own which is what I think happens. He ain?t happy here and we ain?t happy with him here, and he knows a majority of state fans want him gone. But damn its gonna suck to lose to those jackasses.

Pipedream
11-19-2019, 11:56 AM
I'm going to say something that will get me blasted. It sucks, but it is the TRUTH. We ain't Florida State. There is the rub. Us doing it will not be perceived the same way as them doing it. People are going to bring up Arkansas as well. Their team this year might be the worst SEC team in the last 40 years, and they were almost as bad last year. It would be between them and Tech and 10 here. We aren't even the worst team THIS year. They won't be perceived like we will be either.

Ever heard of the old saying "dress for the job you want not the one you have"? If we aspire to be taken seriously in this thing called college football, losing to this OM team is unacceptable.

Really Clark?
11-19-2019, 12:01 PM

There are or have been times that would be true but the perception in the football world and among college coaches that have been spoken too, they see a bad, unprepared and subpar teaching product on the field as well. The perception in that world would NOT be negative toward us at all. And we have had agents reach out to us with interest. That is just not the case with were we are now.

If you mean media perception, that will not be as bad as you think either but even if it is, so what?!? They have never done us any favors anyway. We have to disregard that stuff and do what is right for the program. Because they are NOT effecting the coaching circle and they are the ones that matter. And with them, they plainly see the issues as well. It’s not a negative for us this time.

dawgday166
11-19-2019, 12:01 PM
Ok, what ever makes you feel better.

Back at you bruh. We passed the ball effectively against LSU & Bama in 2017 with all-juniors.

Big difference between Jrs without Sr leadership and Srs and almost always is. But you have to have played on teams like that to fully understand that. Having an all Jr team perform in 2017 like they did is really exceptional at MSU.

If anyone on this board saw our 2014 O being what it was after 2013 they be lying. I did see potential but didn't think it would play as well as it did. Difference was a healthy Dak, another year of experience by WRs, and Senior Oline.

Deddrick Thomas starts last year under Mullen. Joe finally started him again this year. Guidry doesn't unless he catches ball and blocks. Mullen damn sure wouldn't coddle him like Joe does. Austin Williams never starts. Mixon doesn't get run off. Aeris starts. Joe made a lot of negative moves along these lines.

ETA: And our Oline would've kept blocking and probably better in 2018, instead of being retrained by Joe/Johnson to play patty cake.

R2Dawg
11-19-2019, 12:03 PM
Best case, we win and he still leaves. There's just no way in hell I can ever root for them to win this game.

Ditto here. Need a win and a change. If Joe were to truly change and become Saban in eggbowl then OK, he can stay but that ain't happening.

DanDority
11-19-2019, 12:04 PM

HYDR Hotty Toddy
https://youtu.be/f5vKyQFdGQ8

TrapGame
11-19-2019, 12:04 PM

The perception in the media is Joe was given a ready built program and has underachieved greatly for two years. This not a rebuild no matter how many times Joe say it is in his pressers.

R2Dawg
11-19-2019, 12:06 PM
I hope we beat them by a FG but it is because we had like 3 pick 6s.

That is the kind of win we need - a luck win to move on. Best of both worlds.

Liverpooldawg
11-19-2019, 12:07 PM
The perception in the media is Joe was given a ready built program and has underachieved greatly for two years. This not a rebuild no matter how many times Joe say it is in his pressers.

I'm not talking about the idiots in the media.

Liverpooldawg
11-19-2019, 12:09 PM
Ever heard of the old saying "dress for the job you want not the one you have"? If we aspire to be taken seriously in this thing called college football, losing to this OM team is unacceptable.

OK, then we need a 100k stadium and better football facilities across the board. That would be the equivalent of "dressing for the job we want."

trojandawg
11-19-2019, 12:09 PM
We need to get beat ole miss and get to 6-6 and then he needs to go elsewhere. that's the best case scenario right now or he need completely change who he is as a coach. i don't think that's going to happen though.

ShotgunDawg
11-19-2019, 12:10 PM
https://youtu.be/f5vKyQFdGQ8

Hell Yeah!!!!

TrapGame
11-19-2019, 12:26 PM
I'm not talking about the idiots in the media.

Then whose perception worries you? Enlighten me Gandhi.

RezDog7
11-19-2019, 12:28 PM
This is so stupid. Who the fans cheer for has zero impact on the game. Go straight to hell OM.

Matt3467
11-19-2019, 12:31 PM
I'll put it this way to all of you that are on the fence and those completely against supporting a loss vs OM. If you knew the only way Jo doesn't come back as our coach next year is an OM loss do you want MSU to lose?

The way I see it is that if Jo comes back next year that's a loss. Why cry about losing the one game that has the highest chance to rid us of this coach when him coming back is much more detrimental to the future than one loss. We know all we need to know about this guy. He is not the answer. The next guy might not be either but we KNOW Jo isn't the right one.

basedog
11-19-2019, 12:43 PM

HYDR Hotty Toddy

Disgusting to say the least, no way are you a true Mississippi State fan. But then again you probably didn't graduate so...??..

If you feel this way, quite posting crap about it and move on, I will never ever wish for bad things at Msu, regardless.

Damn!!

BB30
11-19-2019, 12:44 PM

Simple answer. One game should not determine if we keep him or let him go. That being said we are fans of Mississippi State and typically fans pull for their team regardless of the situation seeing as we aren't making the decision regardless.

You would be rooting against kids that have put a lot of work and time in for State. Those seniors deserve their fans supporting them regardless of what is going on with the coaching situation.

Rooting for a loss is dumb and if Cohen is going to base his decision on the outcome of one game then he probably needs to go too and I like Cohen.

Johnson85
11-19-2019, 12:47 PM

Fans ready to fire Mullen in 2013 were idiots. Being frustrated with him, fine. Actually thinking it was a good decision to fire him, and especially thinking losing the egg bowl would do it (we weren't firing him for going 5-7, 9-4, 7-6, 8-5, and 5-7 after the Croom years).

I'm not rooting for us to lose, but I get the sentiment. If you believe Moorhead is not the right coach, preferring that we win the egg bowl and he stay to losing the egg bowl and him leaving is not much different from the people who want him to stay as long as he wins the egg bowl (and by that I mean actually basing it on winning the egg bowl, not basing it on the fact that winning the egg bowl would mean bowl eligibility).

Todd4State
11-19-2019, 01:07 PM
Some things:

It sounds like Bo reads message boards. What he said has been basically said on here by the most reliable posters on here for weeks.

If Rutgers falls through Joe could still go somewhere like Illinois or Boston College. He may also be SOL and end up at Penn State as their OC. The best thing about that would be it would make Finebaum look stupid.

The best case scenario for us at this point is to go 6-6 and then for Joe to leave. Personally with no inside information I think that’s what happens one way or the other. Fired, leave on his own, whatever...Joe is too unpopular with the wrong people right now. I’m not sure that beating Ole Miss 65-0 would save him. And I think that the Egg Bowl being the absolute deciding factor is likely incorrect. They’re going to be looking at the big picture.

The only other similar situations where the Egg Bowl probably saved a coach:

1996- Jackie had also beaten SEC West champ Alabama.

Maybe 2013 and 2016:

Dan had built up some good will from 2010 and then in 2016 he has 2014 to point back to as well as upsetting Texas A&M.

msstate7
11-19-2019, 01:07 PM
Simple answer. One game should not determine if we keep him or let him go. That being said we are fans of Mississippi State and typically fans pull for their team regardless of the situation seeing as we aren't making the decision regardless.

You would be rooting against kids that have put a lot of work and time in for State. Those seniors deserve their fans supporting them regardless of what is going on with the coaching situation.

Rooting for a loss is dumb and if Cohen is going to base his decision on the outcome of one game then he probably needs to go too and I like Cohen.

If we basing it on winning/losing the egg, we're just looking for a reason for optics.

What about the seniors, huh? Well what about the juniors and underclass men? I think they deserve a coach that isn't garbage

Jarius
11-19-2019, 01:15 PM
If we basing it on winning/losing the egg, we're just looking for a reason for optics.

What about the seniors, huh? Well what about the juniors and underclass men? I think they deserve a coach that isn't garbage

Which is why he should be fired regardless of the Egg Bowl. If you are worried about optics instead of what is best for our program then you as a decision maker need to be fired as well. The realistic candidates for our job are G5 coaches and they are coming no matter how Moorhead exits. It is painfully obvious that moorhead needs to be fired and anyone who is scared of expectations of having a team better prepared than what Moorhead is fielding does not deserve our head coaching job.

Coursesuper
11-19-2019, 01:42 PM
So what you’re really saying here is I’m going to be pissed off win or lose. Great.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-19-2019, 02:12 PM

What will that prove? That he is a shitty fan as well? He is not some gold standard of how to be a fan.

Liverpooldawg
11-19-2019, 02:15 PM
Then whose perception worries you? Enlighten me Gandhi.

Coaches

Coursesuper
11-19-2019, 02:20 PM
Coaches

Do you think that the current administration is stupid enough to not check the temp of possible replacements before making a move? If I understand how our president works there will already be a replacement ready to go before we pull the trigger. That?s how things are done.

Really Clark?
11-19-2019, 02:23 PM
Coaches

Well then we don’t have a problem because the coaching community today see the issues with the team from the coaching aspect.

TrapGame
11-19-2019, 02:37 PM
Coaches

Go back to your ashram Gandhi. That's stupid as ****.

Liverpooldawg
11-19-2019, 02:55 PM
Do you think that the current administration is stupid enough to not check the temp of possible replacements before making a move? If I understand how our president works there will already be a replacement ready to go before we pull the trigger. That?s how things are done.

It's been done before, and Cohen, or the President, most likely won't be who pulls the trigger.

Johnson85
11-19-2019, 02:56 PM

Yup. And it won't be the same way we checked the temperature for the head baseball coach position. We will have a verbal understanding with a trustworthy agent with at least the details of total salary and guarantee included. Presumably also at least some discussion around other big ticket items like budget for assistants or whatever the agent/prospect thinks are important points.

Liverpooldawg
11-19-2019, 02:57 PM
Go back to your ashram Gandhi. That's stupid as ****.

No it's not. That's how we wound up with Rick Ray. It's how ole miss wound up with Coach O 1.0. It's how a lot of really bad hires are made.

TrapGame
11-19-2019, 03:05 PM
No it's not. That's how we wound up with Rick Ray. It's how ole miss wound up with Coach O 1.0. It's how a lot of really bad hires are made.

LOL!!!

You really think coaches are that stupid?

"Oh no, Joe Moorhead underachieved for two years with a stacked cupboard and nine years of a solid coaching foundation! How can I hope to do better with such resources?!!!". SAID NO COACH EVER!!!!

If the rumors are true we've had head coaches reaching out to us since the Tennessee fiasco. They know what Joe's putting on that field is not the best this program can produce. Not by a long shot.

Liverpooldawg
11-19-2019, 03:11 PM
Well then we don’t have a problem because the coaching community today see the issues with the team from the coaching aspect.

That isn't the point. Not at all. It's if we perceived as being to trigger happy for what we are that matters. FSU can get away with it. Arkansas has a historically bad team for them. Our situation is not like either of those. We have people SAYING our situation is like Arkansas, but its not, not even close. We had people wanting to fire Joe LAST year. That was noticed for sure.

Liverpooldawg
11-19-2019, 03:14 PM
LOL!!!

You really think coaches are that stupid?

"Oh no, Joe Moorhead underachieved for two years with a stacked cupboard and nine years of a solid coaching foundation! How can I hope to do better with such resources?!!!". SAID NO COACH EVER!!!!

If the rumors are true we've had head coaches reaching out to us since the Tennessee fiasco. They know what Joe's putting on that field is not the best this program can produce. Not by a long shot.

It has nothing to do with that. It has everything to do with how they perceive OUR expectations and how patient we are. We aren't some blue blood. No matter how much we say that doesn't matter, it does. Where did you get your rumors?

Coursesuper
11-19-2019, 03:22 PM
It's been done before, and Cohen, or the President, most likely won't be who pulls the trigger.

Let me let you in on a little secret, the president is the one working with the boosters. No one is sitting bracket wringing their hands here wondering what if. After the last 3 major hires by this athletic administration they have a short leash.

TrapGame
11-19-2019, 03:22 PM
It has nothing to do with that. It has everything to do with how they perceive OUR expectations and how patient we are. We aren't some blue blood. No matter how much we say that doesn't matter, it does. Where did you get your rumors?

Some of the rumors came from people on this board. And not Shotgun. If the media is all in agreement that Joe is a dud then we have ZERO to worry about with other coaches. This timid, woe is me bullshit is why we got Ray. Which, btw, there are plenty of rumors of other coaches wanting the job when we hired Ray. We royally screwed the pooch on that one.

Liverpooldawg
11-19-2019, 03:38 PM
Let me let you in on a little secret, the president is the one working with the boosters. No one is sitting bracket wringing their hands here wondering what if. After the last 3 major hires by this athletic administration they have a short leash.

Of course he is, but who calls the shot?

Liverpooldawg
11-19-2019, 03:40 PM
Some of the rumors came from people on this board. And not Shotgun. If the media is all in agreement that Joe is a dud then we have ZERO to worry about with other coaches. This timid, woe is me bullshit is why we got Ray. Which, btw, there are plenty of rumors of other coaches wanting the job when we hired Ray. We royally screwed the pooch on that one.

Yes, there were plenty of rumors like that when we hired Ray. I saw them on Ole Miss boards when the wound up with O 1.0. That's EXACTLY my point.

TrapGame
11-19-2019, 03:42 PM
Yes, there were plenty of rumors like that when we hired Ray. I saw them on Ole Miss boards when the wound up with O 1.0. That's EXACTLY my point.

Okay. Whatever. I'm out.

Really Clark?
11-19-2019, 03:53 PM
That isn't the point. Not at all. It's if we perceived as being to trigger happy for what we are that matters. FSU can get away with it. Arkansas has a historically bad team for them. Our situation is not like either of those. We have people SAYING our situation is like Arkansas, but its not, not even close. We had people wanting to fire Joe LAST year. That was noticed for sure.

If the coaching community does not see us possible making a move this year as a negative, then there is no point because they don’t perceive us as being impatient. You specifically said the coaches having an issue with it, but they don’t. Many see and have stated we have coaching issues. We have multiple coaches already reaching out to us. Now can or will we fire him at 6-6? That’s a tougher question but as of today the coaching community, who you referenced as being the ones to be concerned with perception, do NOT have a negative opinion of us if we cut ties. To be honest, all indications are our coaching pool of candidates today will be the exact same if we finish 6-6 and fire him. Other than they possibly taking a job the prefer. The coaching community as a whole only see a negative with our coaching NOT if we make a change this year.

Tbonewannabe
11-19-2019, 03:55 PM

So do you think guys that want this job will turn us down because we expect for a coaching staff to actually be prepared for 13 Saturdays a year? UK game in 2018 and the UT game in 2019, it was really obvious that the team was not in any form prepared to take that field. Guys who understand football would know better than the average joe on a message board how shitastic of a job that Joe is doing. It was so obvious after the UT game that Moorhead apologized for how shitty of a coaching job he did.

It seems that our expectations are that the team actually give a shit from the beginning of the game to the end of the game and right now that is not happening. Hell, we gave Croom 5 years because at least he had our players give effort out there.

Coursesuper
11-19-2019, 03:56 PM
Of course he is, but who calls the shot?

Really? You need that spelled out for you? Not John Cohen is that enough. I’m not going any deeper, other than to say if he wins 6 he stays we can’t touch him we would look like shit on that.

TheLostDawg
11-19-2019, 03:58 PM

Same

HailStateSZN19
11-19-2019, 03:58 PM
If the coaching community does not see us possible making a move this year as a negative, then there is no point because they don’t perceive us as being impatient. You specifically said the coaches having an issue with it, but they don’t. Many see and have stated we have coaching issues. We have multiple coaches already reaching out to us. Now can or will we fire him at 6-6? That’s a tougher question but as of today the coaching community, who you referenced as being the ones to be concerned with perception, do NOT have a negative opinion of us if we cut ties. To be honest, all indications are our coaching pool of candidates today will be the exact same if we finish 6-6 and fire him. Other than they possibly taking a job the prefer. The coaching community as a whole only see a negative with our coaching NOT if we make a change this year.

Can anyone that knows that is willing to do so, throw out the names of just who has contacted us as being interested if the job becomes available? Gotta figure Napier is one of them, but who else other than him is reaching out to us?

StarkVegasSteve
11-19-2019, 04:06 PM
Can anyone that knows that is willing to do so, throw out the names of just who has contacted us as being interested if the job becomes available? Gotta figure Napier is one of them, but who else other than him is reaching out to us?

I've heard Hud, Napier, and Norvell FWIW. Not claiming to be any kind of inside expert. It's just the names I've been told and have seen reports of contacting us.

Really Clark?
11-19-2019, 04:06 PM

Norvall’s agent has. I’ve heard of 3 others, one kind of surprising, but not enough info to name them and they may have just been initial intel feelers or false

MadDawg
11-19-2019, 04:07 PM
Pulling for your rival to beat you because you want the coach fired is such a selfish move. It puts you above everyone else. Sure, in your mind, you are doing "what's best for the program"... according to you. To all the other fans that don't want to lose to umiss, it sucks to high heaven. But who cares about them, right? I mean, they don't understand the game like you do. They aren't as smart as you, so who gives a shit if they don't share your unbridled joy of losing to those bastards? And then if your master plan doesn't go like you predict? After your joy of losing to the Bears, we shit the bed and hire a Rick Ray. Well, who cares again, right? I mean fire that dumbass and hire another. It's all in the best interest of the program. If after 10 years, we're still trying to get it right, who cares, right? Anyone that doesn't like it doesn't understand the game like YOU do.

Jack Lambert
11-19-2019, 04:27 PM
I asked this question yesterday, if the players know Joe is coaching for his job in the Egg Bowl do they do whatever it takes to save him or go thru the motions? I honestly can't tell if they have mailed it in or not (sometimes I think yes, sometimes no). But if you really believe in your coach, would they not be ready to roll Ole Miss?

You are going to have 10 guys who been on the side line most of the season ready to go. Willie Gay is going to be unleashed. I feel sorry for who ever he hits.

Tbonewannabe
11-19-2019, 04:34 PM
Pulling for your rival to beat you because you want the coach fired is such a selfish move. It puts you above everyone else. Sure, in your mind, you are doing "what's best for the program"... according to you. To all the other fans that don't want to lose to umiss, it sucks to high heaven. But who cares about them, right? I mean, they don't understand the game like you do. They aren't as smart as you, so who gives a shit if they don't share your unbridled joy of losing to those bastards? And then if your master plan doesn't go like you predict? After your joy of losing to the Bears, we shit the bed and hire a Rick Ray. Well, who cares again, right? I mean fire that dumbass and hire another. It's all in the best interest of the program. If after 10 years, we're still trying to get it right, who cares, right? Anyone that doesn't like it doesn't understand the game like YOU do.

So did we HAVE to give Rick Ray as many years as we did? All you can say about Rick Ray is that he got the guys to play hard. We didn't look like a basketball team but we tried hard. Now with Joe, we can't say that but we can say that he hasn't truly had an embarrassing loss yet but almost every game against someone with a winning record has been embarrassing offensively. At what point do you get to say that it is obvious and we have had enough?

Can anyone point to anything Moorhead has done this year and say they are proud he is our coach? I can point to multiple things to say that I am very disappointed that he is still our coach.

Jack Lambert
11-19-2019, 04:38 PM
So did we HAVE to give Rick Ray as many years as we did? All you can say about Rick Ray is that he got the guys to play hard. We didn't look like a basketball team but we tried hard. Now with Joe, we can't say that but we can say that he hasn't truly had an embarrassing loss yet but almost every game against someone with a winning record has been embarrassing offensively. At what point do you get to say that it is obvious and we have had enough?

Can anyone point to anything Moorhead has done this year and say they are proud he is our coach? I can point to multiple things to say that I am very disappointed that he is still our coach.

I think Cohen is a wild card. He could fire Joe if we win six or not and I would not be surprise if he did fire Joe even if we win six. Who knows about him. All I know is I am pulling for State all the way. "GO TO HELL OLE MISS!"

DeputyDawg94
11-19-2019, 04:47 PM
You are going to have 10 guys who been on the side line most of the season ready to go. Willie Gay is going to be unleashed. I feel sorry for who ever he hits.
Agree on Willie, but it’ll probably be a targeting or unsportsmanlike penalty knowing his luck. Somebody gonna feel it tho.

Turfdawg67
11-19-2019, 04:53 PM
Can't believe I clicked on this drivel... luckily didn't go past page 1

Tbonewannabe
11-19-2019, 04:57 PM
I think Cohen is a wild card. He could fire Joe if we win six or not and I would not be surprise if he did fire Joe even if we win six. Who knows about him. All I know is I am pulling for State all the way. "GO TO HELL OLE MISS!"

I thought it was interesting that Cohen was at the UT press conference. There is no way Cohen would think that game was acceptable. What kills me is how dead the sideline is every game. You never see coaching done on the sideline.

Jack Lambert
11-19-2019, 05:13 PM
Agree on Willie, but it’ll probably be a targeting or unsportsmanlike penalty knowing his luck. Somebody gonna feel it tho.

No Doubt somebody is going to feel it. Yes I would not be surprise if he gets tossed out.

Jack Lambert
11-19-2019, 05:16 PM
I thought it was interesting that Cohen was at the UT press conference. There is no way Cohen would think that game was acceptable. What kills me is how dead the sideline is every game. You never see coaching done on the sideline.

I want the season to play out but one thing I will say he did not put a good staff together. If he stays he better make some changes. I am pretty sure if Cohen keeps him around that will be a condition. Don't kid your self Cohen is a true bulldog and he wants to win as bad as we do. He has to be more political about it because of his position but he wants to win and I am sure there is a lot of pressure on him right now and some changes are going to take place.

Cloak
11-19-2019, 05:32 PM
Lame thread.

RocketDawg
11-19-2019, 05:37 PM

I'm not going to pull for our team to lose this game or any other game.

If we replace him this year, however, I hope we've done our homework and already have someone in mind that will be very good. And if it's an assisitant, it needs to be someone at the skill level of Todd Grantham.

Todd4State
11-20-2019, 01:08 AM

Joe is Cohen's guy. But Cohen really won't be the one making the decision to keep him or not so it's moot.

Todd4State
11-20-2019, 01:10 AM
I'm not going to pull for our team to lose this game or any other game.

If we replace him this year, however, I hope we've done our homework and already have someone in mind that will be very good. And if it's an assisitant, it needs to be someone at the skill level of Todd Grantham.

Typically football coaching hires are 180* from the last coach. I would be very surprised if our next coach- whenever that actually does happen- is an assistant with no at least G5 coaching experience.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-20-2019, 11:36 AM
I've heard Hud, Napier, and Norvell FWIW. Not claiming to be any kind of inside expert. It's just the names I've been told and have seen reports of contacting us.

Les Miles has contacted us too.

ShotgunDawg
11-30-2019, 04:59 PM
Cough Cough

Liverpooldawg
11-30-2019, 05:03 PM
Cough Cough

So you are still a Rebel then. GOOD.

ShotgunDawg
11-30-2019, 05:06 PM
So you are still a Rebel then. GOOD.

Thanks for the bump

Liverpooldawg
11-30-2019, 05:08 PM
Thanks for the bump

Lol, you bumped it yourself. If you hadn't I wouldn't have seen it. Why are you still here?

fader2103
11-30-2019, 05:10 PM
Lol, you bumped it yourself. If you hadn't I wouldn't have seen it. Why are you still here?

Haha thank you for calling him out.

the_real_MSU_is_us
11-30-2019, 05:18 PM
They can get mad all they want, the fact is our football program would be in a MUCH better place right now had we lost the Egg. We'd recruit better next year with someone like Napier than we will with a coach everyone knows is going to be fired, the product on the field will be better, the player development and culture will be better with a coach that cares about the future here, revenue would be better with a new coach, and we'd be more likely to win next year's Egg.

Yes, that's more important than 1 game vs OM where t hem winning doesn't actually matter. It's not like we prevented them from winning the West

TimberBeast
11-30-2019, 05:20 PM
Man I wish we could go back on that game. That one game against an awful team, is going to set our program several years.

the_real_MSU_is_us
11-30-2019, 05:26 PM
Man I wish we could go back on that game. That one game against an awful team, is going to set our program several years.

Yep and yet people STILL defend calling us Rebels because we wanted them to win.

Those same State "fans" would rather go 1-11 with a win over OM than 11-1 with a loss to them. I say "fans" because they're more haters of OM than they are fans us us. A fan want whats best for his team. Part of that includes beating his rival, but there's a limit to how much that alone is worth