PDA

View Full Version : Tua and the draft

msstate7
11-18-2019, 10:30 PM
Where you guys think he falls to now? I wouldn't (even when he was healthy) take him top 10. If he falls to late 1st though, I'd love my saints to give him a shot.

Tbonewannabe
11-18-2019, 10:35 PM
Someone will draft him top 10.

Cooterpoot
11-18-2019, 10:39 PM
I can’t see it happening. He’s an injury prone, smallish QB with a bum hip. He won’t even be able to play next season. He’s going to drop like a turd after Taco Bell.

parabrave
11-18-2019, 11:01 PM
Another Sam bradford. He will go high in at least the 1st 2 rounds but he will be injury prone especially with a hip injury.

parabrave
11-18-2019, 11:02 PM
I can’t see it happening. He’s an injury prone, smallish QB with a bum hip. He won’t even be able to play next season. He’s going to drop like a turd after Taco Bell.

Well there is always Dan Synder.

basedog
11-18-2019, 11:07 PM
I can?t see it happening. He?s an injury prone, smallish QB with a bum hip. He won?t even be able to play next season. He?s going to drop like a turd after Taco Bell.

I think like you on Tau.

Two seasons, two surgeries.

Todd4State
11-18-2019, 11:07 PM
If I'm a NFL team he wouldn't be on my board. He's small, injury prone, and in the NFL they're not going to let his o-line hold on every play while he sits back and plays 7 on 7 with five star receivers.

Todd4State
11-18-2019, 11:08 PM
I think like you on Tau.

Heck- two this year. Almost two in a month.

Todd4State
11-18-2019, 11:09 PM
He'll be on SEC Network with all of the other failed QB's that ESPN loved in the SEC like Tebow, McElroy, and Palmer.

somebodyshotmypaw
11-18-2019, 11:11 PM
So many injuries. Both ankles, hip, hand. The best ability is availability. You can't help the team when you are constantly hurt. I think he drops out of Top 10. I really do.

basedog
11-18-2019, 11:11 PM
Heck- two this year. Almost two in a month.

I wouldn?t draft him either.

Rex54
11-19-2019, 12:50 AM
4th rd at the earliest. Strong possibility he goes undrafted. Some possibility he never plays another down.

defiantdog
11-19-2019, 01:12 AM
Another Sam bradford. He will go high in at least the 1st 2 rounds but he will be injury prone especially with a hip injury.

Great comparison..... Talented as hell but made of toothpicks

dawgs
11-19-2019, 02:31 AM
So long as there's no vascular or nerve issues, he'll be a top 10 pick.

Whether you personally think he should or not is up to you, but he was gonna be a top 2 pick this year. Maybe this lets a Herbert or Fromm jump ahead of him (and likely guarantees burrow goes #1), but there's enough NFL franchises looking for QBs that he'll still go top 10 if there's no long term concern beyond a general "injury prone" label.

Commercecomet24
11-19-2019, 10:22 AM

This. Can't stay healthy, and I've seen very few athletes be the same after a hip injury. Belichick says it best, availability is just as important as ability.

StateDawg44
11-19-2019, 10:34 AM

Whether you personally think he should or not is up to you, but he was gonna be a top 2 pick this year. Maybe this lets a Herbert or Fromm jump ahead of him (and likely guarantees burrow goes #1), but there's enough NFL franchises looking for QBs that he'll still go top 10 if there's no long term concern beyond a general "injury prone" label.

Man Herbert can sling it. He threw a few darts against AZ the other night. One in particular on a reverse play.

Liverpooldawg
11-19-2019, 10:48 AM
I think it depends a lot on how his rehab goes. I definitely agree he is injury prone, but he has unbelievable talent when healthy. Someone will take a chance on him pretty early IF his rehab goes well.

Tbonewannabe
11-19-2019, 11:04 AM
I think it depends a lot on how his rehab goes. I definitely agree he is injury prone, but he has unbelievable talent when healthy. Someone will take a chance on him pretty early IF his rehab goes well.

This is what I think. I wouldn't draft him if I was the GM but someone is going to buy the hype. He has good arm talent but I just don't know if he can do it when he doesn't have the huge talent advantage. The few times that he has faced a great defense, he hasn't risen to the occasion like other great QBs. Clemson was probably as close as he would see in defensive talent last year and he was mediocre.

I always think it is like a high school kid playing against the JV team. You don't know what you will get but if a JV kid is playing on the high school team then you know he is talented and will continue to get better. I think that is why a lot of NFL QBs aren't the blue blood college QBs. Guys like Dak have to maximize their talent to go against teams like Bama and LSU. Tua just has to not screw up 90% of the time and he will have Heisman numbers. He does have great touch on the ball though so the talent is there. You just don't know when his back is really against the wall vs a great defense what he will do.

R2Dawg
11-19-2019, 11:59 AM
I can?t see it happening. He?s an injury prone, smallish QB with a bum hip. He won?t even be able to play next season. He?s going to drop like a turd after Taco Bell.

Agree. We be a waste to take him anywhere in first round. He will be on IR his whole career.

I'll add one more that hardly anyone mentions. He doesn't handle QB pressure very well. When he played MSU, Aub, UGA and Clem last year, he was pedestrian and nothing special. He has only played a handful of good Ds in his career and had complete mismatches of DBs on his top WR. He is a great 7 on 7 QB but NFL will be a giant bust.

Ari Gold
11-19-2019, 07:44 PM
Is he called Plastic Man on the Bammer boards.. ??

Homedawg
11-19-2019, 08:20 PM

What year? Next year?? Nobody w a brain is wasting a top 10 pick this year when you have no idea what his physical capabilities are at draft time. The question is now, does he declare this year?? That's the question.

TUSK
11-19-2019, 09:06 PM
What year? Next year?? Nobody w a brain is wasting a top 10 pick this year when you have no idea what his physical capabilities are at draft time. The question is now, does he declare this year?? That's the question.

I'm with you, buddy. Tua should definitely come back next year.

:rolleyes:

TUSK
11-19-2019, 09:08 PM
4th rd at the earliest. Strong possibility he goes undrafted. Some possibility he never plays another down.

No.

Lord McBuckethead
11-19-2019, 11:29 PM
I think like you on Tau.

Its not like he is a cam newton bruiser running qb. He is a damn good pocket passer with a terrible habit of getting injurdd during standard plays. It could either be terrible luck or the dude is made out of brittle material.

Now don't get me wrong, he was the best thing about college football for the past 25 games. Dude could make throws that literally no one else was making, consistently.

msbulldog
11-20-2019, 07:01 AM
I think like you on Tau.

3 surgeries, 2 ankles and a hip.

Ari Gold
11-20-2019, 09:48 AM
Nick Saban aka Bud Kilmer

Johnson85
11-20-2019, 10:34 AM

They need QBs, but with an injury like that, they are going to miss a couple of years of his cheap rookie contract while he rehabs. I guess you often want your rookie or second year QB to have the luxury of learning from the sidelines behind a veteran, but just seems like a reach to take him top 10.

SheltonChoked
11-20-2019, 04:26 PM
Where you guys think he falls to now? I wouldn't (even when he was healthy) take him top 10. If he falls to late 1st though, I'd love my saints to give him a shot.
The Patriots will take him in Round One. He will have another year to heal then be every bit as effective as Brady.

I say this because I hate the Pats...

dawgs
11-20-2019, 06:53 PM

By April a doctor will be able to tell if his hip is healing normally or if there's complications.

dawgs
11-20-2019, 07:02 PM
They need QBs, but with an injury like that, they are going to miss a couple of years of his cheap rookie contract while he rehabs. I guess you often want your rookie or second year QB to have the luxury of learning from the sidelines behind a veteran, but just seems like a reach to take him top 10.

No one anticipates he'll be out "a couple of years". Assuming no nerve or vascular problems, he should at most miss the 2020 season. But let's say the chargers are sitting there, the let rivers walk, but have tyrod Taylor on a reasonable deal for 2020. They can take tua, let him learn a year, pay tyrod $5M to be their QB for the season and not bottom out, let their medical staff work with him on rehab, and then come 2021 have a healthy tua ready to roll on a solid roster.

Again, this is all assuming the nerve and vascular issues aren't there. If he has those then he's clearly not gonna be a top 10 or a 1st round pick. But since there's nothing out there suggesting those problems, I am assuming everything was relatively clean (as clean as such injuries can be), and in that case, he'll be far enough removed from the injury by April for NFL teams to have a good idea how he'll recover.