PDA

View Full Version : Temperature of the board

Mjoelner34
11-18-2019, 08:47 PM
This is what you think SHOULD happen and not what you think WILL happen since I don't believe any of us will be involved in any decision making.

Cooterpoot
11-18-2019, 08:51 PM
3rd year requires egg and bowl win for me

HailStateSZN19
11-18-2019, 09:01 PM
As much as I hate it, I just think we SHOULD cut bait and part ways regardless. The common sense part of me says there’s no way you can fire a HC that has been to 2 straight bowls. The die-hard MSU fan sees where we’re headed or at least where we are trending with him as HC. I know rivalry games are so important that yes, they do sometimes become the very reason you fire a coach because of the ramifications and what it means to the fan base especially within the state. But beating that pitiful OM team shouldn’t be the gauge of where this program is, similar but not to the degree that gauging our performance against Arky shouldn’t have meant anything. With everything OM has done to themselves the last few years, we should be burying them right now. Instead, we’re worried they’re going to come into our stadium & lay it to us. Although I think it’s more that the EB scones down to whether or not we get to a bowl game or not but still, I think we’ve all seen enough in his 23 games here to make an educated opinion on where this program is at and where it’s headed. It’s depressing to even type this out but here we are. Idk, honestly if you asked me tomorrow, I might answer that a 3rd year requires an egg bowl win instead of let him go regardless...

runwildjerious
11-18-2019, 09:04 PM
Dude gotta go. It’s not working. We look worse week after week. Apathy has set in.

ShotgunDawg
11-18-2019, 09:05 PM
He stinks and I don't see any 5 RBs and WRs coming in to save the day.

ATTILLA THE DOG
11-18-2019, 09:09 PM
No moor years

dawgday166
11-18-2019, 09:11 PM

You surprised me with this. Figured you'd lead the charge to kick him to the curb.

sandjunky
11-18-2019, 09:12 PM
Bye Felicia

OLJWales
11-18-2019, 09:13 PM
#3 & #4 seem the same

dawgday166
11-18-2019, 09:16 PM
#3 & #4 seem the same

Yea ... I thought so too.

Mjoelner34
11-18-2019, 09:17 PM
I'm with HailStateSZN19. I can't wrap my head around firing a second year coach at MSU with consecutive bowl trips (if we win the next two) but, when you factor in the unquestionable continuing downward trend of the program after just two years, I think its something we have to do.

Mjoelner34
11-18-2019, 09:18 PM
#3 & #4 seem the same

Yeah. I kind of noticed that after I submitted it.

HoopsDawg
11-18-2019, 09:18 PM
2 posters say give him a 3rd year regardless. Identify yourselves, I need to know why.

TrapGame
11-18-2019, 09:25 PM
He's gotta go. Walked into a great set up with a team that skull drug LSU and took Bama into the late 4th quarter in 2017. In 2019 we get thumped by a bad Tennessee team and a Big12 team with a first year head coach.

monroedawg5646
11-18-2019, 09:32 PM
Get his ass outta here. IDGAF if we beat Mississippi by 50. What does he really prove by beating them? That we are less shitty than them? Him leading last years team to a bowl does not count in my book. Truth is I could have accomplished that with that defense, and I?ve never coached a day in my life. I?m in fact a maintenance guy at a steel mill. So yeah, screw him.

OLJWales
11-18-2019, 09:33 PM
no probs, still a decent poll, I ****ed up worse than that twice while at work today

R2Dawg
11-18-2019, 09:40 PM

I'm kind of here too although here is my other requirement. If he wins eggbowl and we don't have a good replacement then we should possibly keep him another year. We can't follow this bad hire with another bad hire. We do that and now it is MSU that is a terrible place to be. Now people blame Joe knowing we were a winning program.

If we have the right guy, even with an egg bowl win (which by all appearances would be luck) then I want the right guy, period.

So the poll doesn't fit my idea exactly.

bobtail bob
11-18-2019, 11:31 PM
Fire him now. I don't want him coaching the egg bowl. No more Moonhead. That's how I feel

Todd4State
11-18-2019, 11:37 PM
I'm with HailStateSZN19. I can't wrap my head around firing a second year coach at MSU with consecutive bowl trips (if we win the next two) but, when you factor in the unquestionable continuing downward trend of the program after just two years, I think its something we have to do.

This is a completely different era of college football. In today's era Rockey Felker's last two teams are probably bowl teams.

2 posters say give him a 3rd year regardless. Identify yourselves, I need to know why.

Cohen does read the board.**

The other is probably Liverpool.

Todd4State
11-18-2019, 11:39 PM
I'm kind of here too although here is my other requirement. If he wins eggbowl and we don't have a good replacement then we should possibly keep him another year. We can't follow this bad hire with another bad hire. We do that and now it is MSU that is a terrible place to be. Now people blame Joe knowing we were a winning program.

If we have the right guy, even with an egg bowl win (which by all appearances would be luck) then I want the right guy, period.

So the poll doesn't fit my idea exactly.

I can't imagine that we wouldn't find a good replacement on paper. Two years ago we had Jeremy Pruitt begging for our job and then the rumors of Norvell's agent reaching out to us this year...

timotheus
11-18-2019, 11:49 PM
I'm with Bobtail bob. can him in the morning

RezDog7
11-18-2019, 11:56 PM
Sooner the Lesshead the better.

Todd4State
11-19-2019, 12:07 AM
It would be interesting to see this exact same poll after Saturday. More curious than anything.

And then again after the Egg Bowl.

Dawgtini
11-19-2019, 03:51 AM
Win out and get a bowl, give him another year. Lose out, gone. Lose to Bears...it depends but 90% already on gone should we lose.

timotheus
11-19-2019, 05:58 AM
I would much rather have scripted plays to begin a game as well as a team that looks prepared over a scripted postgame speech which seems rehearsed.

Coursesuper
11-19-2019, 07:31 AM
Its over for this staff, you can see it on the field, the players don't believe anymore and its shows in how they play. Nice guy but its time to move on.

dantheman4248
11-19-2019, 08:16 AM
Anyone who didn't vote the first option should explain themselves.

Anyone who voted for either of the bottom two choices admits they're more worried about winning the Egg Bowl than anything else so why even play the other 11 games.

Anyone who voted the second choice can go back to oxford.

Leroy Jenkins
11-19-2019, 08:18 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYXFSbLotSU

Tbonewannabe
11-19-2019, 08:36 AM

Anyone who voted for either of the bottom two choices admits they're more worried about winning the Egg Bowl than anything else so why even play the other 11 games.

There is no way any actual MSU fan would pick the 2nd choice and the fact that there is 9 lets you know how many Bearsharks we have on the board. After all the other struggles this year, there is no way a coach could lose to a FCS team and their rival who has a losing record on their home field. It would be different if Joe took over our program from Croom but we were in better shape than half the other teams in the SEC.

lastmajordog
11-19-2019, 09:04 AM
I just THOUGHT Croom?s offense was bad......

Johnson85
11-19-2019, 09:09 AM

I seriously doubt people voting for the bottom two choices are as worried about winning the egg bowl as the optics of firing a coach after two years when he won 8 and 6 games. I would just as soon move on either way, but I definitely get the hesitation to fire him if he gets to 6-6 after going 8-4 in the regular season last year. That would seem crazy to me from the outside looking in if I hadn't seen the regression and also seen how little it would have taken for us to get to 9 if not ten wins last year and to get to 7 if not 8 wins this year.

StateDawg44
11-19-2019, 09:10 AM
It would be interesting to see this exact same poll after Saturday. More curious than anything.

And then again after the Egg Bowl.

It would be nice to see this happen. At least post Egg Bowl for sure.

Liverpooldawg
11-19-2019, 09:43 AM
I can't imagine that we wouldn't find a good replacement on paper. Two years ago we had Jeremy Pruitt begging for our job and then the rumors of Norvell's agent reaching out to us this year...

I'm still sitting on the fence about this but one point of order. What you just said is what any number of people said when we fired Stansbury. This time might be different but what WE think makes almost no difference in a coaching hire. What matters there is how the dismissal is seen among coaches. With the Stansbury deal they thought we were nuts and we are just now MAYBE escaping what it did to us. If we win out and fire Joe what I'm afraid the perception will be is this: He went to two bowls in two years at MISSISSIPPI State and they FIRED him? Coaching fraternity memory tends to be much longer lasting than fan's memory.

Liverpooldawg
11-19-2019, 09:53 AM

It asked what SHOULD happen and not what you WANTED to happen. That's a huge difference because that takes a lot of other things into account. Firing a football coach at MSU after two seasons, one season removed from an 8 win season, is a momentous step that entails HUGE long term risk. There are MSU people who MATTER that wouldn't know how to find this board (and wouldn't if they did) who are DEFINATELY voting that way. I voted that way although my WANT would be for him to be fired the day after an Egg Bowl loss. That's why I said earlier that I'm still on the fence. My emotional heart wants one thing, my head says that might not be a great idea. Once again from what I'm hearing he will be back no matter what. That is assuming we don't lose to AC. If that happens all bets are probably off.

FriarsPoint
11-19-2019, 09:57 AM
There are 58 people on this board that have a brain and know what incompetence looks like.

BrunswickDawg
11-19-2019, 09:59 AM
I'm still sitting on the fence about this but one point of order. What you just said is what any number of people said when we fired Stansbury. This time might be different but what WE think makes almost no difference in a coaching hire. What matters there is how the dismissal is seen among coaches. With the Stansbury deal they thought we were nuts and we are just now MAYBE escaping what it did to us. If we win out and fire Joe what I'm afraid the perception will be is this: He went to two bowls in two years at MISSISSIPPI State and they FIRED him? Coaching fraternity memory tends to be much longer lasting than fan's memory.

I think there is a difference. With Stans, he was fired after a season that was really close to being a strong year with a lot of talent on the roster - in fact we had played pretty well until the February skid. In that 21 win season - we knocked off 2 OOC top 25 teams (A&M & Arizona - in Madison Sq Garden no less), gone toe to tow with #6 Baylor in a 2 point loss, and lost 2 OT games in SEC play. We were (as usual) an SEC tourney run away from being in the NCAA's. To the outside world it was a typical MSU season - so why fire your winingest coach of all time? Joe doesn't have a track record to fall back on, and it's clear to anyone with a pulse that this team has seriously regressed.

TrapGame
11-19-2019, 10:06 AM
Its over for this staff, you can see it on the field, the players don't believe anymore and its shows in how they play. Nice guy but its time to move on.

Precisely!

This coming out flat every game is from the coaching staff looking to jump ship. This is not a cohesive program. I expect the same thing EB night.

If Joe really wanted to stay he would have thrown the kitchen sink at Bama and we would have come out fired up, ready to play.

Liverpooldawg
11-19-2019, 10:11 AM
I think there is a difference. With Stans, he was fired after a season that was really close to being a strong year with a lot of talent on the roster - in fact we had played pretty well until the February skid. In that 21 win season - we knocked off 2 OOC top 25 teams (A&M & Arizona - in Madison Sq Garden no less), gone toe to tow with #6 Baylor in a 2 point loss, and lost 2 OT games in SEC play. We were (as usual) an SEC tourney run away from being in the NCAA's. To the outside world it was a typical MSU season - so why fire your winingest coach of all time? Joe doesn't have a track record to fall back on, and it's clear to anyone with a pulse that this team has seriously regressed.

It may be clear to us, but most outside people credit Mullen with taking us well above where we ought to be. It could be THIS instead of the way we see it: "THEY are talking about firing the guy who took over for him, who had the reputation of being a football genius, after two years without giving him time fully implement his system?" Emotions need to be suppressed here. That includes being emotional about losing. I think the smart choice is to give him one more year. That's not really what I WANT, but needs and wants aren't the same thing. I won't be bent out of shape either way. I'm still of two minds here, so I'm on the fence. I think there does need to be a devils advocate against what is evidently the angels' choice here. There ARE two views on this, even if one is louder.

Dawgbite
11-19-2019, 10:23 AM

I am one of the 10 so here is my reasoning. We are not going to buy a successful coach and a winning program, even though we have SEC money there is always somebody out there to outbid us. We have to build this from the ground up just as Mullen did and if I had a dollar every time somebody on here wanted him fired I would be a rich man. Yes I realize how close we were to taking that next step last year and that its gone off a cliff this year but I have heard some credible reasons from within the program for this. There is a serious divide in the locker room between a core group of the older Mullen recruits and the newer Moorhead recruits and the Mullen recruits that have actually bought in. I do not think that they are actively sabotaging the season but there is definitely less than 100% effort being given on the field. Hindsight being 20/20 due to injuries Stevens was a mistake, it further alienated the locker room that was already looking for an excuse but if you ask me next year whether I want a 5th year QB who has been in the system for 5 years or a QB who isn't suited for the system with a 50 something percent passing percentage, I would take the transfer every time. You add the suspensions on top of this and you just don't have a team that can be competitive in the SEC. I personally would like to see what he can do with his guys and without a passive resistance in the locker room. I haven't seen a realistic replacements resume that I like any better than what Moorheads was when we hired him. I may be way off base with this take but I just don't think the man forgot how to coach just by moving to Ms.

Liverpooldawg
11-19-2019, 10:46 AM
I am one of the 10 so here is my reasoning. We are not going to buy a successful coach and a winning program, even though we have SEC money there is always somebody out there to outbid us. We have to build this from the ground up just as Mullen did and if I had a dollar every time somebody on here wanted him fired I would be a rich man. Yes I realize how close we were to taking that next step last year and that its gone off a cliff this year but I have heard some credible reasons from within the program for this. There is a serious divide in the locker room between a core group of the older Mullen recruits and the newer Moorhead recruits and the Mullen recruits that have actually bought in. I do not think that they are actively sabotaging the season but there is definitely less than 100% effort being given on the field. Hindsight being 20/20 due to injuries Stevens was a mistake, it further alienated the locker room that was already looking for an excuse but if you ask me next year whether I want a 5th year QB who has been in the system for 5 years or a QB who isn't suited for the system with a 50 something percent passing percentage, I would take the transfer every time. You add the suspensions on top of this and you just don't have a team that can be competitive in the SEC. I personally would like to see what he can do with his guys and without a passive resistance in the locker room. I haven't seen a realistic replacements resume that I like any better than what Moorheads was when we hired him. I may be way off base with this take but I just don't think the man forgot how to coach just by moving to Ms.

Excellent post.

WinningIsRelentless
11-19-2019, 11:06 AM

And I?ve heard from very reliable sources with the program of serious issues that hinder his ability to be a successful SEC head coach:
1) Refusal to have full contact practices
2) Refusal to practice outside in the heat (going against team doctor?s recommendation on the down falls of not being acclimated to heat by the way)
3) Not holding players accountable
4) Lack of game planning (Mullen and staff worked 100 plus hours during the week at the football office and now Moorehead and staff aren?t spending more than 65 hours a week in the offices game planning)
5) Having a recovery practice on Sunday and not having practice on Monday

The list goes on but that?s enough for now.

TrapGame
11-19-2019, 11:21 AM
And I?ve heard from very reliable sources with the program of serious issues that hinder his ability to be a successful SEC head coach:
2) Refusal to practice outside in the heat (going against team doctor?s recommendation on the down falls of not being acclimated to heat by the way)
4) Lack of game planning (Mullen and staff worked 100 plus hours during the week at the football office and now Moorehead and staff aren?t spending more than 65 hours a week in the offices game planning)

As I was told through AD gossip a couple of months ago. Someone who knows someone in the AD told me the same. Also Cohen noticed all of this and some other things that put up the red flags since the first season. If what I was told is true the first red flags popped up after UK 2018. We were totally unprepared for that game and it embarrassingly showed.

dawgday166
11-19-2019, 11:28 AM

I'm not in the know but did hear about the no contact/indoors all the time. I can tell from watching he doesn't game plan at all hardly. The only time he has was AU game last year. Even in TAM game he didn't game plan, difference was Aeris started and Fitz had time to throw. I did question the Sundays vs Mondays practices way back when too.

TrapGame
11-19-2019, 11:33 AM
I'm not in the know but did hear about the no contact/indoors all the time. I can tell from watching he doesn't game plan at all hardly. The only time he has was AU game last year. Even in TAM game he didn't game plan, difference was Aeris started and Fitz had time to throw. I did question the Sundays vs Mondays practices way back when too.

(cough, cough)...Hud & Johnson

Tbonewannabe
11-19-2019, 11:36 AM
It may be clear to us, but most outside people credit Mullen with taking us well above where we ought to be. It could be THIS instead of the way we see it: "THEY are talking about firing the guy who took over for him, who had the reputation of being a football genius, after two years without giving him time fully implement his system?" Emotions need to be suppressed here. That includes being emotional about losing. I think the smart choice is to give him one more year. That's not really what I WANT, but needs and wants aren't the same thing. I won't be bent out of shape either way. I'm still of two minds here, so I'm on the fence. I think there does need to be a devils advocate against what is evidently the angels' choice here. There ARE two views on this, even if one is louder.

The thing is in 2008, Croom was possibly more competitive in all of the games up until the Egg Bowl. He had just come off our first bowl game in almost a decade and had won SEC Coach of the Year.

Moorhead took over an offense that was the previous year 40th and returned almost everyone on offense. He had an offense in the 60s and now with "his" QB, we will be lucky to have an offense in the 60s. A lot of the media has been rumbling about maybe it isn't a good fit and all that. I don't think we will see the pushback that you think.

The bottom line is Cohen has to find a head coach who fits our team and culture. You might get a great recruiter but I would never have an offense that relied on us getting 4-5 star WRs for it to work. On top of that, Joe making the team soft is a problem that the next coach could remedy quickly if we make a change this year.

If you give Joe another year of tearing down the foundation of toughness that Mullen and even Croom built, it will be just longer for the next coach to fix. Right now you still have some guys that would know what it takes from practices and S&C under Mullen. Giving Moorhead another year gets those guys out of the system and replaces them with guys that don't practice outside because it is too hot.

Dawgbite
11-19-2019, 11:36 AM

I never said I was right, I was just asked my reasoning for my vote. You can't coach someone who is unwilling to be coached, it's called a team for a reason. I very well could be totally off on my opinion but I still think that stability is better than another roll of the dice on another coordinator or a mid major coach and that's what we will end up with. We can dream all day about hiring a proven power five coach, but it ain't happening.

BrunswickDawg
11-19-2019, 11:37 AM

I've heard some concerning things about #3 as well.

Tbonewannabe
11-19-2019, 11:40 AM
(cough, cough)...Hud & Johnson

I think this has gone from possibly a rumor to pretty much a fact. It is obvious that Joe has no clue how to game plan for SEC defenses. That is why when guys like Liverpool say it will look bad if we fire Moorhead, we can always get Hud which would be an improvement. We know what Moorhead brings to the table now and it isn't good.

Let's go ahead and rip off the bandaid and make his daughter cry after the Egg Bowl instead of after every game next year.

Liverpooldawg
11-19-2019, 11:41 AM

1) That is becoming more and more common. I don't like it.
2) That is stupid. You should practice where you play. Unless we are playing in a dome the indoor facility should never be used.
3) Hard to believe. If so, not good.
4) That's neither here nor there. The number of hours doesn't matter. It's what's done in them.
5) That's not unusual.

Liverpooldawg
11-19-2019, 11:42 AM
I think this has gone from possibly a rumor to pretty much a fact. It is obvious that Joe has no clue how to game plan for SEC defenses. That is why when guys like Liverpool say it will look bad if we fire Moorhead, we can always get Hud which would be an improvement. We know what Moorhead brings to the table now and it isn't good.

Let's go ahead and rip off the bandaid and make his daughter cry after the Egg Bowl instead of after every game next year.

We won't hire Hud while we are on probation. If we do then we are desperate, and whoever fired the current coach should be fired. Also, you have no way of knowing that he would be better at MSU.

dantheman4248
11-19-2019, 11:45 AM
It asked what SHOULD happen and not what you WANTED to happen. That's a huge difference because that takes a lot of other things into account. Firing a football coach at MSU after two seasons, one season removed from an 8 win season, is a momentous step that entails HUGE long term risk. There are MSU people who MATTER that wouldn't know how to find this board (and wouldn't if they did) who are DEFINATELY voting that way. I voted that way although my WANT would be for him to be fired the day after an Egg Bowl loss. That's why I said earlier that I'm still on the fence. My emotional heart wants one thing, my head says that might not be a great idea. Once again from what I'm hearing he will be back no matter what. That is assuming we don't lose to AC. If that happens all bets are probably off.

You actually confused what "Should" happen for what "will" happen.

And what should happen is him being gone yesterday. What will happen is we win the Egg Bowl convincingly and then dig ourselves deeper another year with him here.

TrapGame
11-19-2019, 11:45 AM
I never said I was right, I was just asked my reasoning for my vote. You can't coach someone who is unwilling to be coached, it's called a team for a reason. I very well could be totally off on my opinion but I still think that stability is better than another roll of the dice on another coordinator or a mid major coach and that's what we will end up with. We can dream all day about hiring a proven power five coach, but it ain't happening.

Our definitions of stability definitely differ. And the latter may be true but a lot of proven P5 coaches were damn good G5 coaches before stepping up.

TrapGame
11-19-2019, 11:49 AM
We won't hire Hud while we are on probation. If we do then we are desperate, and whoever fired the current coach should be fired. Also, you have no way of knowing that he would be better at MSU.

Hud was cleared by the NCAA. You see desperate hire but I see safe hire. If Hud came up with the 2018 AU game plan to prove a point to Moorhead, which I believe is true, he is far better as a head coach than what we currently have.

dawgday166
11-19-2019, 11:49 AM

I actually thought Dan digressed some for a year or 2 after Hud left, but not as badly and got it back when his offensive staff stabilized without the staff turnover. JMO tho.

Tbonewannabe
11-19-2019, 12:06 PM

His style fits us better but no I don't have any way of knowing that he would be better. Of course, we also don't know if Joe will figure out how to score on good SEC defenses before the other team puts in their 3rd string either. We now have 2 years of data to show Joe doesn't have a clue. His one bright spot was a game plan created by Hud (this is the rumor but it definitely feels true).

Tbonewannabe
11-19-2019, 12:08 PM
I actually thought Dan digressed some for a year or 2 after Hud left, but not as badly and got it back when his offensive staff stabilized without the staff turnover. JMO tho.

The 2009 and 2010 offenses were some of Dan's most imaginative. I don't know how much Hud had to do with them but Dan did take a step back for a couple of years. Part of that was trying to force Tyler in at QB.

Liverpooldawg
11-19-2019, 12:10 PM
You actually confused what "Should" happen for what "will" happen.

And what should happen is him being gone yesterday. What will happen is we win the Egg Bowl convincingly and then dig ourselves deeper another year with him here.

No, I said exactly what I meant.

WinningIsRelentless
11-19-2019, 12:13 PM
1) That is becoming more and more common. I don't like it.
2) That is stupid. You should practice where you play. Unless we are playing in a dome the indoor facility should never be used.
3) Hard to believe. If so, not good.
4) That's neither here nor there. The number of hours doesn't matter. It's what's done in them.
5) That's not unusual.

Number 5 Is very unusual. You can have a recovery workout but to completely skip out on practice isn?t. We are going from 4 days of install to 3 days during game week.

Liverpooldawg
11-19-2019, 12:14 PM
His style fits us better but no I don't have any way of knowing that he would be better. Of course, we also don't know if Joe will figure out how to score on good SEC defenses before the other team puts in their 3rd string either. We now have 2 years of data to show Joe doesn't have a clue. His one bright spot was a game plan created by Hud (this is the rumor but it definitely feels true).

Y'all are still confused that I'm arguing about Joe turning it around, I'm not. I'm arguing about the timing. It's the same argument I made aa while back about another one. That one went EXACTLY as I said it would. We don't even know if Hud would take it. It's a moot point anyway because we can't hire a guy with a history while we are still on probation, or in the repeat offender window.

Tbonewannabe
11-19-2019, 12:27 PM
Y'all are still confused that I'm arguing about Joe turning it around, I'm not. I'm arguing about the timing. It's the same argument I made aa while back about another one. That one went EXACTLY as I said it would. We don't even know if Hud would take it. It's a moot point anyway because we can't hire a guy with a history while we are still on probation, or in the repeat offender window.

So it is your opinion that outside of losing this weekend that Joe will be back? This very well could be true but it would be very disappointing to know that our leadership has no clue about the pulse of the fan base. Losing the Egg Bowl and breaking the bowl streak would be the worst thing to happen to this program since Jackie's NCAA investigation. They could probably count on losing 20% of ticket sales and donations, just a guess.

FISHDAWG
11-19-2019, 12:31 PM
When Mullen came in and only won 5 games his first year most everyone recognized his potential and accepted that he could turn out to be a good coach for us given a few years to turn a run down program into a much better program, and he did so ........ I'm not sure too many people see this in our current HC ..... for me he can do nothing this year - I just don't see the potential

StateDawg44
11-19-2019, 02:54 PM
I still don't believe he will be fired even if we lose the Egg Bowl.

Liverpooldawg
11-19-2019, 03:01 PM
I still don't believe he will be fired even if we lose the Egg Bowl.

I've been told we won't. It has more to do with money than anything.

Johnson85
11-19-2019, 03:10 PM

You are saying that we could not hire Hud, or Mullen, Chip Kelly, Pete Carroll, or Nick Saban. I'm going to go out on a limb and say your proposed rule is stupid and that our administrators are not that stupid.

If Hud is not the guy, that's fine. Lots of G5 coaches with a track record of success. But I unless it has been communicated to us by the NCAA, it would be incredibly stupid to rule somebody out because they were at a school that had NCAA issues while they were there.

Liverpooldawg
11-19-2019, 03:24 PM
You are saying that we could not hire Hud, or Mullen, Chip Kelly, Pete Carroll, or Nick Saban. I'm going to go out on a limb and say your proposed rule is stupid and that our administrators are not that stupid.

If Hud is not the guy, that's fine. Lots of G5 coaches with a track record of success. But I unless it has been communicated to us by the NCAA, it would be incredibly stupid to rule somebody out because they were at a school that had NCAA issues while they were there.

I'm just going by what I have heard. The only one of that bunch that probably is on par with what happened at Hud's program is Carroll. I doubt you ever see him in the NCAA again. I would expect if we were interested we will inquire. From what I have been told Hud is a no go. I actually hope we hire him one day so his cult will shut up about him. If he wins that would be absolutely fantastic. if he doesn't at least the cult is gone.

Dawgology
11-19-2019, 03:38 PM
I'm just going by what I have heard. The only one of that bunch that probably is on par with what happened at Hud's program is Carroll. I doubt you ever see him in the NCAA again. I would expect if we were interested we will inquire. From what I have been told Hud is a no go. I actually hope we hire him one day so his cult will shut up about him. If he wins that would be absolutely fantastic. if he doesn't at least the cult is gone.

Except that Hud was cleared of any wrong-doing by the NCAA.

Liverpooldawg
11-19-2019, 03:42 PM
Except that Hud was cleared of any wrong-doing by the NCAA.

So was JWS, every single time. They eventually got him anyway.

TrapGame
11-19-2019, 03:44 PM

**** me here we go...

So you mean that the NCAA is going to start a witch hunt against Hud now?

After they cleared him and WENT OUT OF THEIR WAY to do it.

Johnson85
11-19-2019, 03:55 PM

The NCAA had animosity towards JWS. I seriously doubt they have animosity towards Hud over what went on at freaking ULL. ULL wasn't cheating in a way that really upset the apple cart. They just moved from bottom dweller in the sunbelt to competing for the Sunbelt title. It's possible he has pissed off somebody that has stuck around in NCAA compliance. But I don't think there's any reason to assume that, especially since he managed to get hired at MSU as easily as he was.

Tbonewannabe
11-19-2019, 04:12 PM
I've been told we won't. It has more to do with money than anything.

$3,000,000 would probably be the 5,000-10,000 loss in attendance next year. It will honestly probably cost MSU money to keep Moorhead.

DeputyDawg94
11-19-2019, 04:57 PM
$3,000,000 would probably be the 5,000-10,000 loss in attendance next year. It will honestly probably cost MSU money to keep Moorhead.
This is what I’m thinking to. Could bleed over into 2021 if he stays on course and underachieves for the third straight year.

Tbonewannabe
11-19-2019, 05:01 PM
This is what I’m thinking to. Could bleed over into 2021 if he stays on course and underachieves for the third straight year.

The MSU way, save $3 MM only it costs the program $5MM in lost revenue. It could push alcohol sales when they try to scramble around to make up the lost revenue.

$3MM is just 10,000 people at $50 per ticket. The actual cost of tickets is a lot greater and that doesn't even factor the loss in concession and merchandise sales. It also doesn't count the lost revenue for Starkville.

TrapGame
11-19-2019, 05:13 PM
The MSU way, save $3 MM only it costs the program $5MM in lost revenue. It could push alcohol sales when they try to scramble around to make up the lost revenue.

$3MM is just 10,000 people at $50 per ticket. The actual cost of tickets is a lot greater and that doesn't even factor the loss in concession and merchandise sales. It also doesn't count the lost revenue for Starkville.

If they keep Joe they might want to go ahead and start selling alcohol. We'll all need it.

Activated Alpha
11-19-2019, 05:17 PM
Did Liverpooldawg vote 20 times?

Tbonewannabe
11-19-2019, 05:22 PM
Did Liverpooldawg vote 20 times?

Probably Joe's daughter and her friends.

dawgday166
11-19-2019, 05:25 PM
Probably Joe's daughter and her friends.

Is that who Liverpool is? *******

Or is he a closet Confederate?

Mjoelner34
11-19-2019, 05:52 PM

That's what I've been saying all along. Paying the buyout is a helluva lot cheaper in the long run.

Coursesuper
11-19-2019, 05:58 PM
Is that who Liverpool is? *******

Or is he a closet Confederate?

Definitely a closet Confed***

Liverpooldawg
11-19-2019, 05:59 PM

Y'all have it all figured out. Why do we even need an AD? LOL. Again, I'm just going by what I have been told. I believe my source lot more than I believe this board.

Liverpooldawg
11-19-2019, 06:01 PM
Definitely a closet Confed***

You got me! LOL!

dantheman4248
11-19-2019, 06:21 PM
Y'all have it all figured out. Why do we even need an AD? LOL. Again, I'm just going by what I have been told. I believe my source lot more than I believe this board.

We need a competent AD. This one sucks.

Bad football hire.

Lack of enthusiasm for men's basketball.

Terrible promotion of the teams by the media department.

But hey the baseball stadium looks nice and the team was still good...

Todd4State
11-20-2019, 01:26 AM

I think the AD has run the numbers looking at possibilities of potential gain vs loss. Which is probably partially why we are hearing the rumors and seeing the smoke we are seeing about Joe at the moment.

More than that- I'm sure we have boosters that donate tons individually that aren't happy and you add their loss of revenue due to not being happy on top of the regular MSU fan loss that you outlined it becomes even more than what you are projecting.

BrunswickDawg
11-20-2019, 06:47 AM
I know this isn't apples to apples -

But explain to me how a Sunbelt team - in only their 4th season of FBS football - can recognize that their 2nd year coach is destroying their program and can fire him mid season (18 games total) but we can't cut Moorhead loose?

I'm talking about Georgia Southern and Tyson Summers. Summers took over a 9-4 Willie Fritz team, tried to change their offense and "culture", went 5-7 then 0-6 before getting canned. They ended 2017 2-10, then chad Lunsford took them to 10-2 in 2018.

When you know you have a bad fit - you know.

bigplayslay
11-20-2019, 08:43 AM
We need a competent AD. This one sucks.

Bad football hire.

Lack of enthusiasm for men's basketball.

Terrible promotion of the teams by the media department.

But hey the baseball stadium looks nice and the team was still good...

Someone help me understand the JC hate...

Everyone in the country (media) praised this hire when we made it. I don't remember hearing really any doubts. On paper it was a good hire. Joe just maybe had an NFL QB and generational talent at running back at Penn State and everyone overlooked it.

JC is at most basketball games sitting court side and yelling at refs. I don't get this one.

bigplayslay
11-20-2019, 08:44 AM
I think the AD has run the numbers looking at possibilities of potential gain vs loss. Which is probably partially why we are hearing the rumors and seeing the smoke we are seeing about Joe at the moment.

More than that- I'm sure we have boosters that donate tons individually that aren't happy and you add their loss of revenue due to not being happy on top of the regular MSU fan loss that you outlined it becomes even more than what you are projecting.

Another thing I haven't heard anybody mention is the home slate for next year... Not great...

bluelightstar
11-20-2019, 08:54 AM
I've wanted Moorhead gone for a while now. But when he gets in his post-game or Monday afternoon press conference and talks about how we've really progressed in the passing game and in the offense, it just emphasizes that the guy is clueless.

Tbonewannabe
11-20-2019, 11:29 AM
I've wanted Moorhead gone for a while now. But when he gets in his post-game or Monday afternoon press conference and talks about how we've really progressed in the passing game and in the offense, it just emphasizes that the guy is clueless.

If you don't see the progress then you must be blind. He certainly sounds like another former coach.

dantheman4248
11-20-2019, 12:21 PM
Someone help me understand the JC hate...

Everyone in the country (media) praised this hire when we made it. I don't remember hearing really any doubts. On paper it was a good hire. Joe just maybe had an NFL QB and generational talent at running back at Penn State and everyone overlooked it.

JC is at most basketball games sitting court side and yelling at refs. I don't get this one.

The mismanagement of every first home football game under his tenure for fan viewing experience. The lack of media advertisement (remember relentless videos and the such) for fans to view into our sports. It's almost like the only experience fans have with viewing the team anymore are on game days. Just not fostering good fan engagement. Says a lot when the men's basketball team is looking the best it has in years and the past two struggle for fan support. He's not out there fostering good engagement and it's showing. He's not working his ass off to give the best fan experience at game days. His job is to direct athletics, not cheer on the sidelines like a fan and blow up steaming mad when things don't go his way. He's shown he's not cut for the job. Not in the talent evaluation department. Not in the negotiation department. Not in the advertisement department. Not in the construction of a positive fan experience department.

It says a lot about the AD when the worst home game experience was our biggest margin of victory at home this season against an in-state team.

Coursesuper
11-20-2019, 12:26 PM
The mismanagement of every first home football game under his tenure for fan viewing experience. The lack of media advertisement (remember relentless videos and the such) for fans to view into our sports. It's almost like the only experience fans have with viewing the team anymore are on game days. Just not fostering good fan engagement. Says a lot when the men's basketball team is looking the best it has in years and the past two struggle for fan support. He's not out there fostering good engagement and it's showing. He's not working his ass off to give the best fan experience at game days. His job is to direct athletics, not cheer on the sidelines like a fan and blow up steaming mad when things don't go his way. He's shown he's not cut for the job. Not in the talent evaluation department. Not in the negotiation department. Not in the advertisement department. Not in the construction of a positive fan experience department.

It says a lot about the AD when the worst home game experience was our biggest margin of victory at home this season against an in-state team.

This is why your athletic department family tree shouldn't be a strait line.

R2Dawg
11-20-2019, 12:52 PM

Everytime he speaks he shows how clueless he is. I keep remembering the fired up locker room speech after UK game about they are about to do something special. I know fire up the troops but a dose of reality has to be somewhere. Everyone sees you as a fake pretty quick. Seems like a nice guy but just way over his head on every level.

drunkernhelldawg
11-20-2019, 02:33 PM
It's just that he played us like an experiment for his quarterback ideas, which were not good ideas. What a ridiculous performance this season. I can't think of one game in which we were ready when the game started. We're the MSU Point Spotters this season.

dawgday166
11-20-2019, 04:58 PM
About 200 degrees F and rising.

TrapGame
11-20-2019, 05:18 PM
About 200 degrees F and rising.

And the board says "I can go hotter!"

https://media3.giphy.com/media/13fImF13RUZl6/giphy.gif