PDA

View Full Version : Miss. State Women's Basketball vs Troy

jdelta02
11-18-2019, 06:51 PM
Miss. State Women's Basketball team vs Troy, Tonight 7:00 pm

Early season
Coach Schaefer's ball hawks, ball hawking defense...
Coming into tonight's game, Miss.State is listed as 7th in the nation in forced turnovers per game ( forcing 27.33 per gm). Also, 3rd in the nation in turnover margin at 13.33.
Miss. State defense
- 3rd nationally in turnover margin
- 3rd nationally in 3 point field goal % defense
- 4th nationally in blocked shots
- 7th nationally in forced turnovers
- 17th nationally in scoring defense
- 32nd nationally in steals per game

Scoring offense
- 3rd nationally in scoring offense
- 3rd nationally in scoring margin
- 12th nationally in 3 point field goal percentage

starkvegasdawg
11-18-2019, 08:47 PM
55-32 late second. Only made one 3 so far.

starkvegasdawg
11-18-2019, 08:52 PM
66-38 at half.

Captain Falcon
11-18-2019, 08:53 PM
Whoever is doing PA tonight is doing a really good job. Not bland and boring like we’ve had for the last decade (no disrespect to Jonathan Holmes or Anthony Craven who are both super nice human beings.)

Mjoelner34
11-18-2019, 08:56 PM
66-38 at half.

And still with only 1 3 pointer. Wow!!!!

Homedawg
11-18-2019, 08:59 PM
I'm glad we are stomping them. But geez this schedule we should. Comp is beyond brutal. And yes I know Vic did it on purpose. But he went overkill, sec time is going to get here and we will not have played 2 decent teams. Too easy.

Captain Falcon
11-18-2019, 09:08 PM
I'm glad we are stomping them. But geez this schedule we should. Comp is beyond brutal. And yes I know Vic did it on purpose. But he went overkill, sec time is going to get here and we will not have played 2 decent teams. Too easy.

We will probably get Stanford the weekend of Thanksgiving. Also can’t help that we scheduled a home and home with Marquette and they aren’t nearly as good this year as they were last year. I will agree that I might have preferred a little bit more challenging schedule, but it’s not that different from most of our schedules under Vic and things have always worked out just fine.

Dawg2003
11-18-2019, 09:59 PM
West Virginia and South Florida are both ranked teams. The ladies need to be challenged. Our defense tonight was atrocious.

tcdog70
11-18-2019, 10:00 PM
We could manage only 122 tonight.

jdelta02
11-18-2019, 10:03 PM
Miss. State 122
Troy. 82

Ezsoil
11-18-2019, 10:34 PM
West Virginia and South Florida are both ranked teams. The ladies need to be challenged. Our defense tonight was atrocious.

Well you have to give Troy credit...they didn't ever quit, they are a senior laden team and several of them were here in the 17 tournament....

somebodyshotmypaw
11-18-2019, 11:06 PM
Girls win big and Vic ain't happy. He is pissed about the transition defense. And not everyone was at the shoot-around, and he's pissed about that. Vic is having to teach some of the newbies about expectations and what it takes to win at this level. Vic won't accept mediocrity. If you want to be average, this ain't the program for you. Girls who hang in with him will learn about effort, toughness, and hard work. They will learn about responsibility. They will learn valuable life lessons. And they will win a crap-load of games in the process.

Lord McBuckethead
11-19-2019, 01:26 AM
Transition defense may be an issue with Bibby still dealing with the knee. I want her to take her time and get comfortable with playing live competition with the brace holding her back.

shoeless joe
11-19-2019, 07:41 AM
Girls win big and Vic ain't happy. He is pissed about the transition defense. And not everyone was at the shoot-around, and he's pissed about that. Vic is having to teach some of the newbies about expectations and what it takes to win at this level. Vic won't accept mediocrity. If you want to be average, this ain't the program for you. Girls who hang in with him will learn about effort, toughness, and hard work. They will learn about responsibility. They will learn valuable life lessons. And they will win a crap-load of games in the process.

Exactly!!

If they wanna be half assed and lazy with no expectations or accountability they shoulda played football

jdelta02
11-19-2019, 03:21 PM
Myah Taylor- stepping up as a team leader...on and off the court. The freshmen, other teammates can learn a lot
from her.

Also, she had 20 points, 7 assists, 5 steals, 3 rebounds, 1 turnover, 25.57 minutes

NCMSTFAN
11-19-2019, 04:11 PM
I agree, Myah is stepping up to be what we hoped she could be. She is finishing in the lane, hitting shots and getting her team involved, I hope she continues.

tcdog70
11-19-2019, 04:13 PM
Myah Taylor- stepping up as a team leader...on and off the court. The freshmen, other teammates can learn a lot
from her.

Also, she had 20 points, 7 assists, 5 steals, 3 rebounds, 1 turnover, 25.57 minutes

she took at least 5 charges.