PDA

View Full Version : Austin Peay is 1 Win Away From 1st Ever FCS Playoff Appearance

ShotgunDawg
11-18-2019, 07:30 AM
And 1 win away from their first conference championship since 1977

Cough cough

Are we going to have to wait for him to become the Kansas State coach to make the move?

Outside of an NCAA investigation at ULL, he's won every where he's been.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theleafchronicle.com/amp/2559936001

Hambone
11-18-2019, 07:56 AM
No. No no no.

We are currently on probation and you simply cannot bring in a coach that has put a team on probation while you, yourself, is on probation.

ShotgunDawg
11-18-2019, 08:02 AM
No. No no no.

We are currently on probation and you simply cannot bring in a coach that has put a team on probation while you, yourself, is on probation.

He had nothing to do with ULL's probation. The NCAA purposefully went out of their way to clear him and Reed Stringer in the final report.

There's nothing to this. Bad narrative

MrKotter
11-18-2019, 08:14 AM
He checks a lot of the boxes. I wouldn?t piss and moan over the hire

Coursesuper
11-18-2019, 08:16 AM
His biggest mistake at ULL was hiring David Sanders, I don't think he make a mistake like that again.

ShotgunDawg
11-18-2019, 08:20 AM
And don't just say "it's Austin Peay"

When a school that hasn't won a conference title since 1977 or ever been to the playoff starts competing for such things, it's completely clear that there has been a clear uptick in coaching. Pretty easy to isolate

Really Clark?
11-18-2019, 08:22 AM
His biggest mistake at ULL was hiring David Sanders, I don't think he make a mistake like that again.

Agree that he won?t do it again but can you call it a mistake when he knew exactly who and what he was hiring when he did so? Saunders was very well known in the state and many coaches knew he was operating on the edge and over in recruiting. Even Boone knew it was a very bad idea to bring him on the field as a coach. Many HS coaches knew his tactics.

ShotgunDawg
11-18-2019, 08:23 AM
I think at some basic level, MSU has to give Hud a shot or we'll always ask "what if"

We've got to check this box

Fader21
11-18-2019, 08:24 AM
He would be on my list but down my list around 20

ShotgunDawg
11-18-2019, 08:30 AM
Hud is the cute chick that loves you but is never the hottest girl in the room. How long do you bypass the one that loves you in favor of unknowns that may be sexier on the hoof?

DownwardDawg
11-18-2019, 08:38 AM
It would be a much less risk than the Moorehead hire. Hud would do good here. And if everything aligned perfectly, he could end up being our best coach ever. He certainly wouldn’t be job searching. He would be coaching.

Hambone
11-18-2019, 08:39 AM
One thing I just realized.....

Don’t you think there would be a better than average shot that he brought Chad Bumphis with him??? That would be a plus

Coursesuper
11-18-2019, 08:44 AM
Agree that he won?t do it again but can you call it a mistake when he knew exactly who and what he was hiring when he did so? Saunders was very well known in the state and many coaches knew he was operating on the edge and over in recruiting. Even Boone knew it was a very bad idea to bring him on the field as a coach. Many HS coaches knew his tactics.

Every high school coach knew what David is all about. I like the guy he's very pleasant to be around but and that's a big but, he was a huge risk and Hud got bit.

Leroy Jenkins
11-18-2019, 08:45 AM
Hiring Hud would be unexciting, unimaginative, underwhelming, unimpressive. Being that it checks all those boxes I fully expect him to be the next MSU coach, this year or next.

Tbonewannabe
11-18-2019, 08:46 AM

I think it was definitely a gamble on his part bringing Sanders in. On the flip side, the NCAA has rarely brought the hammer down for operating in the gray area. Now Sanders definitely pushes the boundary there but it probably isn't any worse than every other SEC team not named MSU or Vandy do on a regular basis.

Tbonewannabe
11-18-2019, 08:49 AM
Hiring Hud would be unexciting, unimaginative, underwhelming, unimpressive. Being that it checks all those boxes I fully expect him to be the next MSU coach, this year or next.

I think hiring Hud wouldn't be a big splash hire but would get us instantly back to 6-8 wins with a chance at 10 every 3 or 4 years just like Mullen. It might not be the "competing with Bama" level we want but might be good enough after a few more years of building the program. I think Hud is probably the safest hire we could realistically make. Norvell and Napier might be better in the long run but I think there is also more risk with either of those hires. Hud has a lot better track record than either of those in actually running his own program.

Really Clark?
11-18-2019, 08:57 AM
I think it was definitely a gamble on his part bringing Sanders in. On the flip side, the NCAA has rarely brought the hammer down for operating in the gray area. Now Sanders definitely pushes the boundary there but it probably isn't any worse than every other SEC team not named MSU or Vandy do on a regular basis.

I disagree. He was past the gray area and I doubt there are many schools operating in an ACT fraud scam. I will say many are glad the NCAA kept the scope of the investigation narrow enough to not chase every line to multiple schools or open a huge broad investigation into the Gameplan.

Really Clark?
11-18-2019, 09:00 AM
Every high school coach knew what David is all about. I like the guy he's very pleasant to be around but and that's a big but, he was a huge risk and Hud got bit.

Definitely. Wish Hud would have heeded advice given him about Saunders. He is probably coaching a P5 school right now. 1 or 2 more 8+ win seasons at ULL and he would have received an opportunity to coach at a P5 school

ShotgunDawg
11-18-2019, 09:06 AM

But non of that has anything to do with winning football games.

Bad ADs focus on the things you just mentioned.

Cooterpoot
11-18-2019, 09:06 AM
Hud is a lot like Cohen. A hot head that thinks he knows everything. People have tried to help him and he refuses that help.

Tbonewannabe
11-18-2019, 09:07 AM
I disagree. He was past the gray area and I doubt there are many schools operating in an ACT fraud scam. I will say many are glad the NCAA kept the scope of the investigation narrow enough to not chase every line to multiple schools or open a huge broad investigation into the Gameplan.

I honestly wouldn't put it past AU, LSU, Bama, UGA, UT, or a lot of big time programs. They might not go to the lengths that UM was going which is what really got Sanders in trouble. I don't remember exactly what was going on at ULL but it seems like it was a lot less than what UM had Sanders doing. Freeze was going Wild Wild West at UM and ended up pissing off the wrong group of people. If Freeze was just dicking over MSU then nothing would have ever been done. He crossed the line stealing UGA and Bama recruits.

DownwardDawg
11-18-2019, 09:08 AM
But non of that has anything to do with winning football games.

Bad ADs focus on the things you just mentioned.

Yep. You nailed. Just win baby.

basedog
11-18-2019, 09:09 AM
He had nothing to do with ULL's probation. The NCAA purposefully went out of their way to clear him and Reed Stringer in the final report.

There's nothing to this. Bad narrative

This made me laugh, do you not think he didn't know what was going on?

I am kinda on the fence with Hud, I think he is better than Joe but I'm not sure at this point who is the best choice. After the Egg Bowl who knows who might show up, why put all your eggs in one basket, you never know who might be or not be interested.

P.S. Hugh Freeze didn't know anything was wrong either**

BeastMan
11-18-2019, 09:13 AM
Agree that he won?t do it again but can you call it a mistake when ehe knew exactly who and what he was hiring when he did so? Saunders was very well known in the state and many coaches knew he was operating on the edge and over in recruiting. Even Boone knew it was a very bad idea to bring him on the field as a coach. Many HS coaches knew his tactics.

This. HUD knew exactly what he was doing. And I?m not saying he?s unhirable. Hopefully he learned to color between the lines

Irondawg
11-18-2019, 09:16 AM
I think grade scams are a lot more prevalent than a lot of people would like to admit. There are a lot of bright kids on college football teams, but there a ton that got a lot of help graduating HS and in no way shape or form are passing college classes without a ton of help. It is what it is.

Coursesuper
11-18-2019, 09:16 AM
This made me laugh, do you not think he didn't know what was going on?

I am kinda on the fence with Hud, I think he is better than Joe but I'm not sure at this point who is the best choice. After the Egg Bowl who knows who might show up, why put all your eggs in one basket, you never know who might be or not be interested.

P.S. Hugh Freeze didn't know anything was wrong either**

If interest in our possible job opening hasn't already been gauged from potential candidates it an absolute failure on our administrations part. I just hope we aren't going to just stick to whatever search firms candidate list. These firms are tied specific agents which rep specific coaches, I hope we have cast a broad a net as possible.

MrKotter
11-18-2019, 09:17 AM

You?re more concerned with perception and splash than on field results?

Coursesuper
11-18-2019, 09:17 AM
I think grade scams are a lot more prevalent than a lot of people would like to admit. There are a lot of bright kids on college football teams, but there a ton that got a lot of help graduating HS and in no way shape or form are passing college classes without a ton of help. It is what it is.

Truth!

Really Clark?
11-18-2019, 09:36 AM

That I agree with but the scope of the ring that Saunders was a part of is really beyond what many do on such a big scale. We have to remember that in the end it was only about UM and ULL. There was a period of time that Saunders (and others were also a part) were operating a wide scale academic fraud that extended to more schools. Again, luckily the NCAA kept the investigation scope narrow to UM and ULL.

Really Clark?
11-18-2019, 09:40 AM
I honestly wouldn't put it past AU, LSU, Bama, UGA, UT, or a lot of big time programs. They might not go to the lengths that UM was going which is what really got Sanders in trouble. I don't remember exactly what was going on at ULL but it seems like it was a lot less than what UM had Sanders doing. Freeze was going Wild Wild West at UM and ended up pissing off the wrong group of people. If Freeze was just dicking over MSU then nothing would have ever been done. He crossed the line stealing UGA and Bama recruits.

He was doing the exact same thing at ULL as he was doing at UM. It never stopped. Luckily for a lot of schools they didn’t go in depth on the Gameplan situation. Kept that search narrow to UM. He was really off the reservation in academic fraud and it was well known across the state and in other states as well. Kids were being brought in from other states to test as well.

gtowndawg
11-18-2019, 10:24 AM
Count me in as interested in Hud. With a good staff, I think he would do well here. We would play to our traditional strengths, he would recruit well and I think he would do a good job getting fan support and buy in.

For those that say we would not bring him in because he had some NCAA issues, guess what? King Jackie had similar issues and that worked out just fine. Hud was help accountable for Saunders, and he should have been. He paid the price for it and moved on and is once again proving himself.

He's the most realistic candidate I see that would come here (his dream job in fact) that checks off the majority of the boxes we are looking for. Just makes sense to me.

Really Clark?
11-18-2019, 10:31 AM
Honestly, I’m on the fence with Hud. Not saying he has to change who he is completely because he can’t and shouldn’t to a degree. But tone it down some and hopefully what occurred at ULL will humble him some. Because he can coach and possible be very successful here

tcdog70
11-18-2019, 10:32 AM

i would be excited-knowing that we hired a Coach that everywhere he Coached he took a bottom feeder and put them on the top tier of their conference.
not just once but several times. he is a MSU guy and when he has Coached here elevated our level of play under whomever was HC. Oh-Yeah he Coached here after ULL and no-one gave a shit about past transgressions. Our best Coach ever, came to MSU under a cloud--but it indeed had a silver lining.

Cooterpoot
11-18-2019, 10:33 AM
An MSU guy at President, AD, & football coach would be the most MSU thing ever.

tcdog70
11-18-2019, 10:35 AM
Hud is a lot like Cohen. A hot head that thinks he knows everything. People have tried to help him and he refuses that help.

sort of like saban--It is clear you are a Hud hater and a Jc hater as well. You make all these shitty remarks but never back up what you say. We have a Coach now that thinks he knows everything and he sux. I'll take a dose of Hud.

guess what we acted holier than shit on another MSU coach and Hired ole Rick Ray--when we could have brought Kermit home with his indiscretions but no--we suffered through some shitty years. And What has happened? our Nemesis has grabbed Him--they foe sure aren't worried about his past--they just want to win.

timotheus
11-18-2019, 10:41 AM
this!

gtowndawg
11-18-2019, 10:41 AM

To me, I don't care that he's an MSU guy. That's just a bonus I guess? I'm simply looking at his strengths and weaknesses on paper and considering the fact it's a realistic hire. It's not an Urban Meyer pipe dream or PJ Fleck or someone else that we know isn't reality. No coach is going to be perfect and have 100% of the fan base behind them. But to me, HUD is one (not the only) that has a lot of things I'm interested in seeing.

I will make a side argument the two times we've come close to a major championships in men's sports it was under "MSU" guys. Richard Williams and John Cohen. They had some issues too but they also won SEC Championships and came razor close to bringing home a national championship.

gtowndawg
11-18-2019, 10:46 AM
i would be excited-knowing that we hired a Coach that everywhere he Coached he took a bottom feeder and put them on the top tier of their conference.

Exactly. If you took the name away and it was a blind taste test, everyone would at least be intrigued. How could you not? I want to do a thorough search of course, but HUD would certainly get an interview to hear his plan for Miss. State football.

tcdog70
11-18-2019, 10:53 AM
Exactly. If you took the name away and it was a blind taste test, everyone would at least be intrigued. How could you not? I want to do a thorough search of course, but HUD would certainly get an interview to hear his plan for Miss. State football.

right --just put his record up with no-name and He out performs everyone else that is being mentioned. hands-down.

Todd4State
11-18-2019, 10:58 AM

I don?t think he is able to hire Saunders again if he wanted to.

RiverCityDawg
11-18-2019, 10:59 AM

Remind me who you would be for us hiring again? You don't think Joe is the guy, and you aren't for Hud, Napier, Norvell or Clark. I think any of those guys would be better to Joe, but admit there are risks with all. Who would you support that we could realistically get next year?

Todd4State
11-18-2019, 11:01 AM
To me, I don't care that he's an MSU guy. That's just a bonus I guess? I'm simply looking at his strengths and weaknesses on paper and considering the fact it's a realistic hire. It's not an Urban Meyer pipe dream or PJ Fleck or someone else that we know isn't reality. No coach is going to be perfect and have 100% of the fan base behind them. But to me, HUD is one (not the only) that has a lot of things I'm interested in seeing.

I will make a side argument the two times we've come close to a major championships in men's sports it was under "MSU" guys. Richard Williams and John Cohen. They had some issues too but they also won SEC Championships and came razor close to bringing home a national championship.

There?s something to be said about someone really wanting to be somewhere.

AROB44
11-18-2019, 11:04 AM
One thing I just realized.....

Don?t you think there would be a better than average shot that he brought Chad Bumphis with him??? That would be a plus

Why is that such a plus? Is he a really good coach or a great recruiter? Just because he played here is not a reason.

StateDawg44
11-18-2019, 11:06 AM
No. No no no.

Yeah that's rich coming from us as a fanbase right now under the circumstance with Tutorgate.

AROB44
11-18-2019, 11:07 AM
Why is Hud a "MSU guy"? He went to Delta State not MSU.

Really Clark?
11-18-2019, 11:07 AM
I don?t think he is able to hire Saunders again if he wanted to.

Ha. Well that?s true for everyone with his 10 year show cause. He didn?t last but a year as HC at PRCC.

Todd4State
11-18-2019, 11:08 AM
Ha. Well that?s true for everyone with his 10 year show cause. He didn?t last but a year as HC at PRCC.

And I think he got fired there for breaking the rules too.

Cooterpoot
11-18-2019, 11:15 AM
Remind me who you would be for us hiring again? You don't think Joe is the guy, and you aren't for Hud, Napier, Norvell or Clark. I think any of those guys would be better to Joe, but admit there are risks with all. Who would you support that we could realistically get next year?

Where have I said I’m against Napier? Hell, at this point give me Norvell.

Cooterpoot
11-18-2019, 11:18 AM
Why is Hud a "MSU guy"? He went to Delta State not MSU.

He’s an MSU guy. Always has been. He just couldn’t play at State.

Cooterpoot
11-18-2019, 11:21 AM
Hud is our last resort guy if we can’t pull a G HC or top assistant we like. I’m fine with that if we can’t get anyone. But we don’t need him here otherwise & I really don’t believe he’s anywhere near the top of the wish list.

PGHBulldogBG
11-18-2019, 11:23 AM
My first three choices to replace mullen were. Matt Campbell. Neal Brown and Dave Clawson. They were reasonable options with possibly the exception of Campbell at the time. If we can’t get these 3 I would take Huds. Not sold on Norvell or Napier but would rather have Napier or the two. I think they might both be flash in the pan types

TrapGame
11-18-2019, 11:28 AM

As long as he has us prepared to play and physically and mentally ready I don't care how it looks. I don't want to win the ****ing press conference. It's time to win some ****ing games.

TNDawg35
11-18-2019, 12:03 PM
Hud is the cute chick that loves you but is never the hottest girl in the room. How long do you bypass the one that loves you in favor of unknowns that may be sexier on the hoof?

Depends on how big the ?cute? chiks tits are...

BrunswickDawg
11-18-2019, 12:21 PM

So I guess having an alum or "school x Guy" as President, AD, and HC is fine for a school like UGA, but bad for us?

Cooterpoot
11-18-2019, 12:22 PM
So I guess having an alum or "school x Guy" as President, AD, and HC is fine for a school like UGA, but bad for us?

Typically is a bad situation.

MedDawg
11-18-2019, 12:24 PM
Count me in as interested in Hud. With a good staff, I think he would do well here. We would play to our traditional strengths, he would recruit well and I think he would do a good job getting fan support and buy in.

For those that say we would not bring him in because he had some NCAA issues, guess what? King Jackie had similar issues and that worked out just fine. Hud was help accountable for Saunders, and he should have been. He paid the price for it and moved on and is once again proving himself.

He's the most realistic candidate I see that would come here (his dream job in fact) that checks off the majority of the boxes we are looking for. Just makes sense to me.

I wouldn't say under Jackie everything worked out just fine. We were put on probation twice and were possibly "forced" to hire Croom. Jackie's problems resulted in horribly bad years from 2001-2008 except 2007.

Having said that, I like Hud and don't think the NCAA would be after him like they were after Jackie Sherrill. I don't want to fire Moorhead for just anyone, but I'd be for replacing Moorhead with Hudspeth.

trojandawg
11-18-2019, 12:28 PM
i like hud. i'm not sure we would, but i wouldn't hate the hire either. there were a lot of people screaming no about freeze going to ole miss and O to lsu. sometimes the right fit may not seem like the homerun hire, but finding the right fit is more important sometimes.

ScottH
11-18-2019, 12:32 PM

I don't think that scenario is bad in of itself if they are capable.

What's bad would be an entire athletic department that is MSU bred yes people.

In any type of organization, hire the right person don't hire just because of their allegiance.

RiverCityDawg
11-18-2019, 12:52 PM
Where have I said I’m against Napier? Hell, at this point give me Norvell.

Sorry, you said you didn't have a "major problem" with him and that he was "middle of the pack" for you. What I'm asking is what realistic candidates would be top of the pack for you? Not a flame, genuinely curious sine you tend to say "no" or are luke warm to the common names thrown around here.

Cooterpoot
11-18-2019, 01:15 PM
Sorry, you said you didn't have a "major problem" with him and that he was "middle of the pack" for you. What I'm asking is what realistic candidates would be top of the pack for you? Not a flame, genuinely curious sine you tend to say "no" or are luke warm to the common names thrown around here.

Depends on who is available. Right now, I don’t have a favorite. But I’m opening up to way more than my initial take on it.
I’m just ready for a different direction.

gtowndawg
11-18-2019, 01:56 PM
I wouldn't say under Jackie everything worked out just fine. We were put on probation twice and were possibly "forced" to hire Croom. Jackie's problems resulted in horribly bad years from 2001-2008 except 2007.

Having said that, I like Hud and don't think the NCAA would be after him like they were after Jackie Sherrill. I don't want to fire Moorhead for just anyone, but I'd be for replacing Moorhead with Hudspeth.

Certainly had some downs with Jackie, but overall he turned the perception around of what can be done here. That was the main point. Overall my good Jackie memories outweigh the bad ones.

Todd4State
11-18-2019, 01:56 PM

Ed Orgeron got the job there after Tom Herman took the Texas job. That worked out well for them. Freeze was an Ole Miss guy at least to a degree. Phil Fulmer at Tennessee. Spurrier at Florida. Houston Nutt at Arkansas. I’d say it works out more times than not.

Todd4State
11-18-2019, 01:57 PM
I don't think that scenario is bad in of itself if they are capable.

What's bad would be an entire athletic department that is MSU bred yes people.

In any type of organization, hire the right person don't hire just because of their allegiance.

This all day.

NCDawg
11-18-2019, 02:13 PM
My first three choices to replace mullen were. Matt Campbell. Neal Brown and Dave Clawson. They were reasonable options with possibly the exception of Campbell at the time. If we can?t get these 3 I would take Huds. Not sold on Norvell or Napier but would rather have Napier or the two. I think they might both be flash in the pan types

Neal Brown would have been a good choice, but I don't think Cohen gave him a passing thought. He was too sold on a northern coach. I note Brown's West Virginia team beat Kansas State last week at Kansas State. I don't think we played too well against Kansas State this year.

Tbonewannabe
11-18-2019, 02:18 PM
Neal Brown would have been a good choice, but I don't think Cohen gave him a passing thought. He was too sold on a northern coach. I note Brown's West Virginia team beat Kansas State last week at Kansas State. I don't think we played too well against Kansas State this year.

What shape was West Virginia when Brown took over? Holgerson won 8 games the year before and seemed to win consistently there. They are 4-6 on the year this year so it seems like a down year for them.

Cooterpoot
11-18-2019, 02:32 PM
I predict Neal Brown will be fired at WV in the next couple years.

Cooterpoot
11-18-2019, 02:35 PM
Ed Orgeron got the job there after Tom Herman took the Texas job. That worked out well for them. Freeze was an Ole Miss guy at least to a degree. Phil Fulmer at Tennessee. Spurrier at Florida. Houston Nutt at Arkansas. I’d say it works out more times than not.

I’m talking the whole bunch, not simply a coach. We’ve already seen one power play to get our AD in place. So we know there are issues already. Too many people with their hands on things is a lot easier when you’ve got nothing but State people in place. Only way we hire Hud is another play or everyone telling us no.

HoopsDawg
11-18-2019, 02:36 PM
What shape was West Virginia when Brown took over? Holgerson won 8 games the year before and seemed to win consistently there. They are 4-6 on the year this year so it seems like a down year for them.

They were in bad shape. Lost a ton from 2018.

Tbonewannabe
11-18-2019, 02:37 PM
I’m talking the whole bunch, not simply a coach. We’ve already seen one power play to get our AD in place. So we know there are issues already. Too many people with their hands on things is a lot easier when you’ve got nothing but State people in place. Only way we hire Hud is another play or everyone telling us no.

And the thing is, Hud >>>>>>Moorhead year 3. If your worst case scenario is still better than what you have then do the damn thing.

Tbonewannabe
11-18-2019, 02:42 PM
They were in bad shape. Lost a ton from 2018.

They have one losing record (4-8) in the last 15 years, their 2nd year in the Big 12. That was 6 years ago. They have pretty much won 7 or 8 games almost every year and seem to almost always lose the bowl game. It will be interesting how much leeway Brown has there. They are very similar to us but I doubt Brown took over a loaded roster like Moorhead had in his first year.

PGHBulldogBG
11-18-2019, 03:18 PM
They have one losing record (4-8) in the last 15 years, their 2nd year in the Big 12. That was 6 years ago. They have pretty much won 7 or 8 games almost every year and seem to almost always lose the bowl game. It will be interesting how much leeway Brown has there. They are very similar to us but I doubt Brown took over a loaded roster like Moorhead had in his first year.

It is not a similar situation at all. The cupboard was completely bare and Brown taking what he had to be 4-6 is solid. They are also getting better as the year has gone on. I follow WVU fairly closely as I live near Morgantown. Their feeling on Brown is similar to us with Mullen in 2009. Brown should?ve been our first look because he would?ve been a realistic hire and has southern ties. FPI had them projected 2-10 the situation was that bad

NCDawg
11-18-2019, 03:53 PM
It is not a similar situation at all. The cupboard was completely bare and Brown taking what he had to be 4-6 is solid. They are also getting better as the year has gone on. I follow WVU fairly closely as I live near Morgantown. Their feeling on Brown is similar to us with Mullen in 2009. Brown should?ve been our first look because he would?ve been a realistic hire and has southern ties. FPI had them projected 2-10 the situation was that bad

I agree. Certainly preferable to the Yankee we hired.

Dawgology
11-18-2019, 04:22 PM
If we hite Hud he will make us an annual 8-9 win team with an occassional shot at the SEC champ. We would be foolish not to hire him...so we probably won't.

Johnson85
11-18-2019, 04:22 PM

What is your deal with Hud? You keep referencing stuff like this and saying you don't want him back after his previous stints at MSU. WHy not just come out and say what you know if you know something?

Scared_Hitless
11-18-2019, 04:23 PM
I would take Hud anyday of the week. I want MSU to be tough and competitive he would bring that. Also he would bring stability