PDA

View Full Version : Keep this in mind....

DogsofAnarchy
11-17-2019, 07:16 PM
We should be at FULL strength on Thanksgiving night. So that Tutor-Gate will have NO bearing whatsoever on the outcome of the Egg Bowl. I want y’all to recall this thread when you see what happens that night. Black Friday will have NEW meaning for a bunch of y’all.

Choctaw Dawg
11-17-2019, 07:20 PM
The boards on Friday morning are gonna be something else if we lose the Egg Bowl, and it sure looks like it. After the problems we've had this year, its gonna be hard to ignore the fanbase after the egg bowl and a change should hopefully be made.

Todd4State
11-17-2019, 07:21 PM
If we lose the Egg Bowl we would be 2-2 with the Tutor Gate players which would negate that excuse.

R2Dawg
11-17-2019, 07:27 PM
We should be at FULL strength on Thanksgiving night. So that Tutor-Gate will have NO bearing whatsoever on the outcome of the Egg Bowl. I want y’all to recall this thread when you see what happens that night. Black Friday will have NEW meaning for a bunch of y’all.

You saying we are going to win Eggbbowl or lose it?

Tutor gate playing certainly helps us no doubt, is it enough? I say not without other big improvements or a good game plan which we haven't shown all year.

Jack Lambert
11-17-2019, 07:27 PM
The boards on Friday morning are gonna be something else if we lose the Egg Bowl, and it sure looks like it. After the problems we've had this year, its gonna be hard to ignore the fanbase after the egg bowl and a change should hopefully be made.

How can it get any worse? It is already full throttle negative.

ShotgunDawg
11-17-2019, 07:32 PM
What will be interesting is, if we lose the Egg Bowl, what happens over the next 72 hours?

- Does Cohen fire him on Friday morning to get a head start before other teams make moves on Sunday? (Would be the smart thing)
- Does Cohen use the weekend to fight for him?
- If Cohen is successful & saves Moorhead's job, does Cohen send a letter out on Monday explaining why we are keeping Moorhead?

If we lose & keep Moorhead, that will be the most volatile situation. People will absolutely lose their minds, which is why he has to be gone if we lose

Liverpooldawg
11-17-2019, 07:33 PM

Yes it does. Those guys are not fully integrated into the squad. It's not as simple as it is on Xbox.

lastmajordog
11-17-2019, 07:34 PM
DOA....I’ve been trying to delicately talk about this for 3/4 of the season, as someone else said on here, against quality opponents om has been 10 times more competitive (especially scoring points( the “DOGS” have.........this might be embaressing. I really like JM....a great man....but even if “DOGS” win, this is not the direction to go.....

Liverpooldawg
11-17-2019, 07:35 PM
We in all likelihood are not going to fire him no matter what. $$$$$$ y'all just need to accept that.

Todd4State
11-17-2019, 07:42 PM
What will be interesting is, if we lose the Egg Bowl, what happens over the next 72 hours?

- Does Cohen fire him on Friday morning to get a head start before other teams make moves on Sunday? (Would be the smart thing)
- If Cohen is successful & saves Moorhead's job, does Cohen send a letter out on Monday explaining why we are keeping Moorhead?

If we lose & keep Moorhead, that will be the most volatile situation. People will absolutely lose their minds, which is why he has to be gone if we lose

If we lose the Egg Bowl I think Cohen will most likely fight for him but I highly doubt Keenum will and the Cigar Boys will want him gone. I think Cohen will be outnumbered and won't really have a choice here.

We in all likelihood are not going to fire him no matter what. $$$$$$ y'all just need to accept that.

You're clueless. Not that it isn't obvious already.

DogsofAnarchy
11-17-2019, 07:45 PM
Yes it does. Those guys are not fully integrated into the squad. It's not as simple as it is on Xbox.

Calling BS on this. They have been with the team multiple years and they have practiced. What else does it take for integration? A Supreme Court Case?

MetEdDawg
11-17-2019, 07:46 PM
If we lose the Egg Bowl I think Cohen will most likely fight for him but I highly doubt Keenum will and the Cigar Boys will want him gone. I think Cohen will be outnumbered and won't really have a choice here.

Here's my question in regards to money. If we've got enough to buy Moorhead out of $9 million, why in the hell have our staff salaries been thenlowest in the conference so long? I know we've gotten better but we are seriously behind in this area.

If we've got that money to buy him out, why in the hell have we not been supporting our staff salaries with more booster money?

DogsofAnarchy
11-17-2019, 07:46 PM
DOA....I’ve been trying to delicately talk about this for 3/4 of the season, as someone else said on here, against quality opponents om has been 10 times more competitive (especially scoring points( the “DOGS” have.........this might be embaressing. I really like JM....a great man....but even if “DOGS” win, this is not the direction to go.....

I agree Major. After Thanksgiving, there’s only one thing for us to do.

HailStateSZN19
11-17-2019, 07:50 PM
Here's my question in regards to money. If we've got enough to buy Moorhead out of $9 million, why in the hell have our staff salaries been thenlowest in the conference so long? I know we've gotten better but we are seriously behind in this area.

If we've got that money to buy him out, why in the hell have we not been supporting our staff salaries with more booster money?

Is the “official” number $9 mil? I’ve read and heard that it isn't $9 mil and actually a few million below that and then that number can be negotiated down in some instances. Anyone with actual knowledge of this know if that’s true? I don’t think the buyout is $9 mil but I might be wrong.

Todd4State
11-17-2019, 07:54 PM

I've heard it's lower than 9 million but your point remains.

I think some of it is MSU cutting corners. I also think some of it is not having a head coach that says "Hey, we need people for recruiting and more money invested here. We need to invest more in S&C. We need someone for whatever else."

That's one thing that impressed me about Napier- he has set that up at ULL like Alabama on a Sun Belt scale. Everyone else in the SEC is about to do the same thing too- already happening at Georgia and likely very soon Tennessee.

CoachT14
11-17-2019, 07:54 PM

I have to agree. There's no way you keep Moorhead if we lose and it not become an extremely bad situation. Minus a few of the loser mentality side of our fanbase, he has lost all faith from the fans. If he loses and is kept on with as bad as we are bound to be next year... dear god those ticket sells will be atrocious. Not only will State lose money, but so will the town. It would be an almost program killer move to keep him if we lose that game.

You keep saying this, but have readily admitted you don't know anyone of significance. So I'm not sure why you keep commenting, you add absolutely nothing to the conversation except an opinion that isn't needed nor cared about.

Mjoelner34
11-17-2019, 07:59 PM

From what I heard from a head coach in the MSU athletic department who shall remain anonymous, at the time the Seal family made that large donation of a secret amount years ago, it was ear-marked for two things and 2 things only. 1. To pay the head football coach whatever it took to stay 2. To buy out the head football coach if we wanted to get rid of him. This coach told me the amount was a huge secret and he didn't know what it was but he said he had heard rumors that it was upwards of $70 million. So, according to what this coach told me, we have the money to keep the head coach and the money to buy him out but that money cannot be used for his regular salary or salary for assistants.

Tbonewannabe
11-17-2019, 08:02 PM

If that is true then we have very short sighted leadership. Losing the Egg Bowl and keeping Moorhead would cost MSU a lot more than $3 Mil per year.

LC Dawg
11-17-2019, 08:04 PM
Cohen doesn't want lose to Ole Miss in baseball. Mark Keenum doesn't want to lose to Ole Miss in anything and he likes having that golden egg in Starkville. I don't think Moorhead will have the support of Keenum if we lose the Egg Bowl and in turn end the bowl streak.

Cooterpoot
11-17-2019, 08:05 PM
Moorhead will slip up and win the Egg Bowl and everyone will be pissed.

Liverpooldawg
11-17-2019, 08:07 PM

Maybe so. I don't follow the religion here that is for sure. I have better sources,

Tbonewannabe
11-17-2019, 08:10 PM

Just paying Moorhead his salary and paying another head coach $3 Mil per year would be the exact same as what we offered Mullen per year. We at least have that much.

Liverpooldawg
11-17-2019, 08:10 PM
I have to agree. There's no way you keep Moorhead if we lose and it not become an extremely bad situation. Minus a few of the loser mentality side of our fanbase, he has lost all faith from the fans. If he loses and is kept on with as bad as we are bound to be next year... dear god those ticket sells will be atrocious. Not only will State lose money, but so will the town. It would be an almost program killer move to keep him if we lose that game.

You keep saying this, but have readily admitted you don't know anyone of significance. So I'm not sure why you keep commenting, you add absolutely nothing to the conversation except an opinion that isn't needed nor cared about.

Ugh, no. I have never admitted any such thing.

DogsofAnarchy
11-17-2019, 08:14 PM

No he won’t. We are SO poorly coached there is no slipping up on anything.

Coach34
11-17-2019, 08:39 PM

Those guys practice every day. Just because they are suspended for the games doesn't mean they are sitting around eating Doritos the weeks they are suspended.

Todd4State
11-17-2019, 08:43 PM
Those guys practice every day. Just because they are suspended for the games doesn't mean they are sitting around eating Doritos the weeks they are suspended.

Actually with Joe them sitting around eating Doritos wouldn’t surprise me.

HoopsDawg
11-17-2019, 08:43 PM
No he won?t. We are SO poorly coached there is no slipping up on anything.

Ole Miss is a 4-7 football team. They aren't the 85 Bears. We could win the game.

Liverpooldawg
11-17-2019, 08:48 PM

Of course they don't. As a coach you know there is no substitute for game experience. It's hard to integrate smoothly in the squad when you play just every now and then. It affects them and the guys they play with. Come on 34, you know this. There is even a term for it in soccer, it's called being match fit. Just because it's me doesn't mean it's automatically wrong, lol.

Coach34
11-17-2019, 08:51 PM
Ole Miss is a 4-7 football team. They aren't the 85 Bears. We could win the game.

We could certainly win the game. We are at home and pride is on the line. But they are a team that has gotten better as the season has progressed, plays with fire, and is dangerous on offense- we are a team that seems ready to pack it in and plays with very little passion.

They are the better team according to the eye test and as far as being one that competes much better than us vs better competition. We are certainly the underdog on TG

Liverpooldawg
11-17-2019, 08:56 PM
We could certainly win the game. We are at home and pride is on the line. But they are a team that has gotten better as the season has progressed, plays with fire, and is dangerous on offense- we are a team that seems ready to pack it in and plays with very little passion.

They are the better team according to the eye test and as far as being one that competes much better than us vs better competition. We are certainly the underdog on TG

I will not be surprised by any outcome for that game. It could be a blowout either way and anything in between.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
11-17-2019, 09:02 PM

And they have a couple of guys on offense who can take it to the house at any moment. We are not as explosive and work our way down the field.

HoopsDawg
11-17-2019, 09:45 PM
Ole Miss 4 wins:

Arkansas by 14, SE Louisiana by 11, Vandy and winless New Mexico St.

I expect them to beat us, but they are horrible.

HailStateSZN19
11-17-2019, 10:11 PM
Ole Miss 4 wins:

Agree and our 4 wins are UL, USM, UK, and Arky. We?re both terrible. They?re just terrible but with the #3 offense in the SEC (#1 in rush offense) and we are T-12 in rush defense. They play harder and with more effort and have an identity on offense. They will run all over us and put 30+ on us easily. I just don?t know even with their terrible defense (#11 overall defense in SEC) that we can score enough to beat them. We don?t look very prepared, disciplined, and rarely execute a game plan at a high enough level. I don?t have a good feeling about it whatsoever which is damn tough to swallow playing that crap team. It?s depressing typing this out. But here we are....

DownwardDawg
11-17-2019, 10:20 PM

Yep. And Joe Joe will be upset for starting this thread.
Not that I disagree with Joe Joe Dancer, but he hasn?t been vocal since Croom. He was invisible during the winning years of Mullen?s. Just sayin.

Cowbell
11-17-2019, 10:21 PM

Chad Morris probably told his team the same thing before we obliterated them....

Cowbell
11-17-2019, 10:23 PM
The guys on here saying we don’t have the money - you need to stop with your “insight” - simply not true at all. This isn’t the 70s anymore.

Tbonewannabe
11-17-2019, 10:24 PM
Ole Miss 4 wins:

UM was within one score of Auburn and A&M in the 4th quarter. On the flip side, our games with them were over in the first quarter. The biggest difference in our teams is we beat a UK team before they figured out how to change their offense to get Bowden the ball on every play.

Most of our losses were over in the first half whereas UM has made a game of it in the fourth quarter of every game.