PDA

View Full Version : Basketball vs UNO

BayouDawg
11-17-2019, 03:33 PM
Looking pretty good so far. New Orleans some decent looking athletes. Molinar had a monster dunk

hp22
11-17-2019, 03:46 PM
Looking pretty good so far. New Orleans some decent looking athletes. Molinar had a monster dunk

We're extremely athletic and long. And we can play with tempo or be physical. This team has potential.

MCsMGs
11-17-2019, 03:53 PM
I'm optimistic, but we are gonna have to get better than 50% shooting free throws. That will bite us in the backside if we don't.

MCsMGs
11-17-2019, 04:14 PM
Woodard in beast mode.

17 pts 14 boards with 15 minutes to play

BayouDawg
11-17-2019, 04:19 PM
I'm optimistic, but we are gonna have to get better than 50% shooting free throws. That will bite us in the backside if we don't.

Agreed. It seems like we always struggle with free throws as far back as I can remember

msstate7
11-17-2019, 04:35 PM
Woodard in beast mode.

17 pts 14 boards with 15 minutes to play

Gotta shot at 20/20

THE Bruce Dickinson
11-17-2019, 04:43 PM
I'm excited about this team. We certainly look the part especially in the front court. Perry, Ado, and Woodard can defend and are beasts on the glass.

Molinar is better than expected, and is gaining some really valuable experience. When Nick comes back we will have some quality depth at guard.

If we can improve our outside shooting as the season goes on, the ceiling is pretty high for this team.

BayouDawg
11-17-2019, 05:10 PM
I'm excited about this team. We certainly look the part especially in the front court. Perry, Ado, and Woodard can defend and are beasts on the glass.

Molinar is better than expected, and is gaining some really valuable experience. When Nick comes back we will have some quality depth at guard.

If we can improve our outside shooting as the season goes on, the ceiling is pretty high for this team.

I agree. This team plays with some physicality that we have not had in many years.

R2Dawg
11-17-2019, 05:11 PM
Man I'm excited as I've been since the good Stans days and we get Nick back in Dec. Wow. We've got some serious talent and depth when he returns. If Ben can get them to engage for 40min, we can beat anybody.

RougeDawg
11-17-2019, 05:11 PM
Woodard has been impressive. A guy his size with the outside shot he has shown this year, is a valuable commodity at the next level.

Carter has to be better from 3, if we are going to get in the tournament and make any noise in March.

R2Dawg
11-17-2019, 05:15 PM
Carter running the point is draining his energy to be the sharpshooter. He'll be OK when Nick returns. Also the 3 change is going to affect folks.

THE Bruce Dickinson
11-17-2019, 05:21 PM
I agree. This team plays with some physicality that we have not had in many years.

I'd argue that this team is more physical than any Stans team except the 2004-2005 and possibly the 2001-2002 team. Our big men have owned the paint so far this year.

ZedFedder
11-17-2019, 05:33 PM
Haven’t been tested against a really good team yet, but I am definitely excited about what I see. My only complaint is not getting it to Reggie in the post more often.

NCMSTFAN
11-17-2019, 05:36 PM
I really like our defense, and I agree we have to get it to Perry in the post more.. we have some good competition coming soon in the Myrtle beach tournament with Villanova and Baylor there.

I know it's a Sunday, but our crowd looks bad on t.v. I really wish the guys got more support

RougeDawg
11-17-2019, 06:00 PM
I really like our defense, and I agree we have to get it to Perry in the post more.. we have some good competition coming soon in the Myrtle beach tournament with Villanova and Baylor there.

I know it's a Sunday, but our crowd looks bad on t.v. I really wish the guys got more support

I think the three ring circus that took the field Saturday turned off the maroon faithful for the weekend. Apathy is not the proper definition for our fan base right now.

msu15
11-17-2019, 06:05 PM
I'd argue that this team is more physical than any Stans team except the 2004-2005 and possibly the 2001-2002 team. Our big men have owned the paint so far this year.

03-04 was way more physical than 04-05.

THE Bruce Dickinson
11-17-2019, 06:22 PM
You are right. Just got the years mixed up. I was talking about the Roberts, Bowers, Vincent team

NCMSTFAN
11-17-2019, 07:32 PM
I think the three ring circus that took the field Saturday turned off the maroon faithful for the weekend. Apathy is not the proper definition for our fan base right now.

Possibly, but our guys have improved, we have 4 star and a few 5 star guys all over the court. We went back to the tournament last year for the 1st time in 10 years.. if we want to continue moving forward we have to get more fan support for these guys. Recruits definitely pay attention to that

jdelta02
11-18-2019, 08:27 AM
Another good win, big game from Robert Woodard. Reggie Perry had a solid game. Team appears to be coming along well on the young season. Also, young guys like DJ Stewart and Iverson Molinar continuing to play well.....these two gonna eventually be really good. Both are future standouts.