PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys Game Thread

ShotgunDawg
11-17-2019, 01:05 PM
Zeke continues to be a waste. Fumbles on 2nd play

BeardoMSU
11-17-2019, 01:21 PM
Another indictment on the coaching staff is not scheming to throw away from Darius Slay....holy shit. If he's on Coop, throw to anyone else. Simple.

msudawg1200
11-17-2019, 01:21 PM
That’s what happens when you overpay

BeardoMSU
11-17-2019, 01:22 PM
Hopefully Slay and Dak exchange jerseys after the game. Would be a cool photo-op.

ShotgunDawg
11-17-2019, 01:25 PM
Cowboys need to use Pollard more. He's electric with the ball in his hands

ShotgunDawg
11-17-2019, 01:30 PM
Dak has become incredibly accurate

BeardoMSU
11-17-2019, 01:31 PM
Dak has become incredibly accurate

Dak is a super star in the making. He's already a star, but it's only up from here.

ShotgunDawg
11-17-2019, 01:32 PM
After this season, Zeke needs to lose about 10 lbs. Try to gain a little more burst

ShotgunDawg
11-17-2019, 01:34 PM
Dak is a super star in the making. He's already a star, but it's only up from here.

Agree. It make take a new coaching staff to get him there though.

Once the Cowboys build the right personnel & scheme around him with the right run/pass mix, he'll be a staple in the playoffs & pro bowl. He's on a HOF trajectory

BeardoMSU
11-17-2019, 01:34 PM
After this season, Zeke needs to lose about 10 lbs. Try to gain a little more burst

This. I can't remember the last time he burst through for a 15 or 20 yarder.

ShotgunDawg
11-17-2019, 01:35 PM
I hate the Cowboys' inside the 10 yard line offensive package. Something always seems off with it. Like they are allergic to running the right play

ShotgunDawg
11-17-2019, 01:36 PM
This. I can't remember the last time he burst through for a 15 or 20 yarder.

Kylin Hill could stand to do the same.

In fact, Kylin needs to figure out what type of back he's going to be because right now he's stuck in the middle & doesn't really maximize either. Is Kylin a power back or a speed back?

He either needs to gain 5-10 lbs & be a power guy or lose 5-10 & run faster

ShotgunDawg
11-17-2019, 01:42 PM
Dak is so damn good

Maroonthirteen
11-17-2019, 01:46 PM
I saw Hill about a month ago in person. He was in street clothes and that dude doesn’t have an ounce of fat. He is ripped and not as thick as pads make him look.

ShotgunDawg
11-17-2019, 01:47 PM
Dak has added the ability to throw from different angles with his arm slot. That is tremendous for him.

Keep getting the ball to Pollard. He's a poor man's Kamara

Maroonthirteen
11-17-2019, 01:48 PM
That’s what happens when you overpay

Yeah..... where are the “pay the man” folks. Writing was on the wall with him. Should have traded him.

maroonmania
11-17-2019, 01:52 PM
Thing I don't like about Zeke is he has no wiggle. Just a straight ahead plow horse with no ability to make anyone miss a tackle.

TheLostDawg
11-17-2019, 01:58 PM
How are y'all watching if in Mississippi? I'm getting the saints

trojandawg
11-17-2019, 01:58 PM

He will find some reason to miss practice again. That?s his biggest problem. He doesn?t practice with the team in preseason and thinks he is bigger than the team. Or he decides to mess with the wrong stuff and people and get in trouble.

ShotgunDawg
11-17-2019, 02:05 PM
Thing I don't like about Zeke is he has no wiggle. Just a straight ahead plow horse with no ability to make anyone miss a tackle.

That's because he doesn't have any wiggle

ShotgunDawg
11-17-2019, 02:07 PM
Bo Scarborough is the RAT

msbulldog
11-17-2019, 02:15 PM

Absolutely, also needs a new contract (long Term)1

ShotgunDawg
11-17-2019, 02:17 PM
ho hum, Dak 12-21 for 191 in the first half so far with no INT & 1 TD

Dak excels a the little things. He doesn't make many of the Maholmes or Rodgers WOW plays but he consistently makes every pass count & consistently throws the ball to the open guy.

He does the unremarkable exceptionally well

I think that's what makes him so tough for many to evaluate. He simply doesn't give you a ton of highlight plays. He kind of makes him teammates have highlights.

Mjoelner34
11-17-2019, 02:19 PM

I've got it on Sunday Ticket.

msbulldog
11-17-2019, 02:23 PM

I prefer the Saints!

ScoobaDawg
11-17-2019, 02:25 PM
Dak throws to Gallup and Gallup makes a hell of a catch while being tackled and having his hand ripped back for 41 yards. feed zek for 2 plays and the td. boys up 17-14 with now under 2 minutes to half.

ShotgunDawg
11-17-2019, 02:25 PM
Dak over 200 yards in 1st half

ShotgunDawg
11-17-2019, 02:26 PM
Dak gonna throw for a shit ton today

ShotgunDawg
11-17-2019, 02:27 PM
MVP MVP MVP MVP MVP

ShotgunDawg
11-17-2019, 02:28 PM
We are seeing the emergence of the greatest QB in Dallas Cowboy's history

msstate7
11-17-2019, 02:33 PM
MVP MVP MVP MVP MVP

Maybe if they were the 14-2 you predicted. Russell Wilson would get my vote right now

BeardoMSU
We are seeing the emergence of the greatest QB in Dallas Cowboy's history

If he keeps up this pace, he'll push for close to 5,000 yards, and easily over 30 TD's this season. But yeah....can't throw...all about Zeke.

ShotgunDawg
Damn Dak

ShotgunDawg
If he keeps up this pace, he'll push for close to 5,000 yards, and easily over 30 TD's this season. But yeah....can't throw...all about Zeke.

He's gonna win 2 or 3 Super Bowls before it's all over as well

R2Dawg
11-17-2019, 02:34 PM
Absolutely, also needs a new contract (long Term)1

Dak has quietly become one of top QB in NFL. Hail State.

WeWonItAll(Most)
11-17-2019, 02:47 PM

r/nflstreams on reddit.

Dawg_Lover
11-17-2019, 03:15 PM

In North MS, watching it on Directv, Fox channel.

TheLostDawg
11-17-2019, 03:16 PM
Thanks. Going to have to upgrade next year it seems

TheLostDawg
11-17-2019, 03:25 PM
r/nflstreams on reddit.

I think that I downloaded a bunch of viruses trying to do this

parabrave
11-17-2019, 04:15 PM
The biggest question is Why are the Cowboys wearing the Blue Jerseys? This is the 4th week in a row that they have been worn, both at home and away.

Cooterpoot
11-17-2019, 04:18 PM
444 yards, 3 TDS for Dak
Welcome to elite QB land Dak.

Commercecomet24
11-17-2019, 04:50 PM
If people don't think Daks a top 5 nfl QB after what he's done this season they crazy. This team wouldn't have 2 wins without Dak. The defense is mediocre at best, ol play is inconsistent and zeke ain't the same. It's Dak and the receivers giving the cowboys a chance every week.

BhamDawg205
11-18-2019, 01:19 AM
r/nflstreams on reddit.

Shsss.... Don't say it too loud, but this. Or live sports app for all sporting events.

BhamDawg205
11-18-2019, 01:22 AM
If people don't think Daks a top 5 nfl QB after what he's done this season they crazy. This team wouldn't have 2 wins without Dak. The defense is mediocre at best, ol play is inconsistent and zeke ain't the same. It's Dak and the receivers giving the cowboys a chance every week.

That would mean ESPN and FS1 would have to say they were wrong... Wouldn't hold my breath. Bashing Dak to make Zeke look good is what's in fashion.

TheLostDawg
11-18-2019, 08:56 AM
Shsss.... Don't say it too loud, but this. Or live sports app for all sporting events.

Haha thanks guys. Just need to figure it out before next Sunday if saints and cowboys play at the same time. I just need to be more careful on what I click on in there.

TheLostDawg
11-18-2019, 09:00 AM
That would mean ESPN and FS1 would have to say they were wrong... Wouldn't hold my breath. Bashing Dak to make Zeke look good is what's in fashion.

Now they are seeing the coaching staff held Dak back and Zeke was over rated. I could run with the cowboys line and look good. The past few years Dak had a make shift line and receiving. He still put up numbers. Now they are seeing what he can do when given weapons. Yeah elite QB can win with decent guys around. Well he did make two pro bowl and got to the playoffs with a lot of holes plus a terrible OC.

Matt3467
11-18-2019, 09:09 AM

I'm a Dak fan as much as anybody. I love the guy but no way he's top 5. Top 10 definitely.

In no particular order here are 5 guys that would in most people's book round out the top 5:
Rodgers
Brady
Wilson
Brees
Mahomes
As an honorable mention I'd throw in Lamar Jackson as an alternate. That guy is playing insane off the charts.

Commercecomet24
11-18-2019, 10:11 AM
I'm a Dak fan as much as anybody. I love the guy but no way he's top 5. Top 10 definitely.

In no particular order here are 5 guys that would in most people's book round out the top 5:
Rodgers
Brady
Wilson
Brees
Mahomes
As an honorable mention I'd throw in Lamar Jackson as an alternate. That guy is playing insane off the charts.

Sorry but based on every metric/stat available Dak is a top 5 QB. I'm a huge Pats fan but he's playing better than Brady right now.

BeardoMSU
11-18-2019, 10:22 AM
Sorry but based on every metric/stat available Dak is a top 5 QB. I'm a huge Pats fan but he's playing better than Brady right now.

Brady being top 5 is more a career label than what he's actually doing this year statistically. He's been, for the last couple years, the definition of a game manager.

Matt3467
11-18-2019, 11:04 AM

But then so is Deshaun Watson, Kirk Cousins, Matthew Stafford before the injury. Dak is having a great year no doubt! Brady has proven himself a winner and when a game comes down to the wire I'd much rather have Brady as my QB right now. Dak may develop into a top 5 QB and I believe he will but these guys I've mentioned above as my top 5 have all won championships (exception of Mahomes) and are proven winners and Mahomes is coming off an MVP year playing for another. I'm just trying to be as realistic as I can and I don't see how realistically you'd take Dak over one of those guys.

Matt3467
11-18-2019, 11:07 AM
Brady being top 5 is more a career label than what he's actually doing this year statistically. He's been, for the last couple years, the definition of a game manager.

Brady can still be my QB any day. The guy is 42 and still winning. As far as I'm concerned as long as he's playing he's top 5 even if he's 50 and still playing.

Commercecomet24
11-18-2019, 11:31 AM
But then so is Deshaun Watson, Kirk Cousins, Matthew Stafford before the injury. Dak is having a great year no doubt! Brady has proven himself a winner and when a game comes down to the wire I'd much rather have Brady as my QB right now. Dak may develop into a top 5 QB and I believe he will but these guys I've mentioned above as my top 5 have all won championships (exception of Mahomes) and are proven winners and Mahomes is coming off an MVP year playing for another. I'm just trying to be as realistic as I can and I don't see how realistically you'd take Dak over one of those guys.

I just said I'm a huge Pats fan and I love Brady and he is the GOAT no question. Based on THIS season and being objective not subjective Dak is a top 5 QB. Here it is: QBR-3rd, Completions- 3rd, Yards-1st, TDS-2nd, Yards per game-2nd, YPA-2nd, YPC-2nd, Net Yards Per Attempt-2nd, Net yards per completion-2nd, Passer rating-8th and there's plenty more. So being completely objective yes he's a top 5 QB. You can't base it on just your opinion of who's the best.

And let's just be hypothetical for a minute. If Dak had the Pats defense instead of his putrid bunch where would he be?

msstate7
11-18-2019, 11:48 AM

When dak didn't have the stats but he had wins, state fans said the wins were what made dak a top 5 qb, now the criteria changes. As for who the top 5 are... still too early to decide this year imo

Matt3467
11-18-2019, 11:55 AM
I just said I'm a huge Pats fan and I love Brady and he is the GOAT no question. Based on THIS season and being objective not subjective Dak is a top 5 QB. Here it is: QBR-3rd, Completions- 3rd, Yards-1st, TDS-2nd, Yards per game-2nd, YPA-2nd, YPC-2nd, Net Yards Per Attempt-2nd, Net yards per completion-2nd, Passer rating-8th and there's plenty more. So being completely objective yes he's a top 5 QB. You can't base it on just your opinion of who's the best.

And let's just be hypothetical for a minute. If Dak had the Pats defense instead of his putrid bunch where would he be?

Do you think Kirk Cousins is a top 5 QB? Yards-5th, YPA-3rd, TDs-T2 with Prescott, INTs (among starters with at least 9 games started)-3rd, Comp%-3rd, QBR-10th, Passer rating-2nd. Being completely objective you'd have to concede that Cousins is playing like a top 5 QB this year, but we all know Cousins isn't a top 5 QB overall. Stats are great but when I'm taking about top 5 I take the whole body of work into consideration and Dak isn't there yet. He will be there I believe and soon.

Hypothetically, I think the cowboys would be undefeated or very close to it with the Patriots D but I don't like going there very often. Max on First Take the other day was giving the argument that Rivers in Bradys place would have at least half as many rings and I don't think so.

dantheman4248
11-18-2019, 11:55 AM
Dak is at worst 3rd in MVP race. Wilson, Lamar, Dak.

Top 12 QBs: Wilson, Rodgers, Dak, Mahomes, Lamar, Brady, Watson, Brees, Kirk, Brissett, Jimmy, Carr. That's where the line is drawn imo.

There's a clear divide between 7 and 9 with Brees being 8 due to his decline with injury and age. Wilson, Rodgers, Mahomes surefire top 5. Dak, Watson, Lamar, Brady all have arguments for the other two spots.