PDA

View Full Version : Saban kicks that embarrassment of a game up a notch...

coastratdog
11-17-2019, 12:50 PM
By saying he put Tua back in to "practice" the 2 minute drill. We have been reduced to bama's scout team.

R2Dawg
11-17-2019, 02:24 PM
Yeah I heard that and thought what an insult. He saw the game as practice while in the first half? Even it he did it was thoughtless and classless to say it, not respecting your opponent.

Well that shows you how far down you have fallen. Bama not near as good this year but at home they treat you like practice in the 2nd quarter.

Lance Harbor
11-17-2019, 03:21 PM
It's not thoughtless and classless. It's just reality. And yes, State looked pathetic.

Yeah I heard that and thought what an insult. He saw the game as practice while in the first half? Even it he did it was thoughtless and classless to say it, not respecting your opponent.

Well that shows you how far down you have fallen. Bama not near as good this year but at home they treat you like practice in the 2nd quarter.

basedog
11-17-2019, 03:41 PM
Practice and you go live on yo QB? Dumb!

Lord McBuckethead
11-17-2019, 04:43 PM

Well at least he thought we were good enough to give quality live reps. If I were Saban, I would have started kneeling it with 3:30 left in the first half. If we start executing against his 3rd string defense, then go ahead and pick up a few first downs on 4 plays, point to our sideline and then start kneeling it again.

R2Dawg
11-17-2019, 05:07 PM
It's not thoughtless and classless. It's just reality. And yes, State looked pathetic.

Yes it is. I don't worship everything Saban does as holy. You always respect your opponent. For him to say that is sending a bad message not only to your opponent but to your team. Did he mean it that way, maybe not but he said it and you can't take it back.

Jack Lambert
11-17-2019, 05:22 PM
I am calling bull shit. He was trying to stump our ass and his guy got hurt. I think it backed fire. They only scored three ****ing points the second half. Yep that impressed the committee.

timotheus
11-17-2019, 05:23 PM
Ole Joe has relegated us to practice for our opponents. I am not surprised one bit.

phatdog
11-17-2019, 05:25 PM
we bama's practice bitch

R2Dawg
11-17-2019, 06:11 PM
I am calling bull shit. He was trying to stump our ass and his guy got hurt. I think it backed fire. They only scored three ****ing points the second half. Yep that impressed the committee.

I agree with that. He wanted to make it look as bad as he could and also get Tua out and it backfired. He came up with a good excuse at last minute though.

Hambone
11-17-2019, 06:37 PM
Well to be fair everyone else besides LSU has been their practicing bitch

Jack Lambert
11-17-2019, 06:50 PM
I agree with that. He wanted to make it look as bad as he could and also get Tua out and it backfired. He came up with a good excuse at last minute though.

I do what to add they scored 14 points in 2 minutes and 4 seconds. How much practice do you need?

Todd4State
11-17-2019, 08:40 PM

I think that’s the real reason why he played Tua. His back up isn’t very good.

Liverpooldawg
11-17-2019, 08:52 PM
Only losers with a loser's mentality whine about stuff like this. The winners just smile at the whining.

RocketDawg
11-17-2019, 08:57 PM

I think at that moment he was pretty much in shock over the Tua injury, so wasn't really intending it as an insult. It was an insult, but likely not something he would have said under normal circumstances. Problem is ... he was right.

Cowbell
11-17-2019, 10:36 PM
Only losers with a loser's mentality whine about stuff like this. The winners just smile at the whining.

You realize we are the losers. All of us. As state fans. Because of joe.

TUSK
11-17-2019, 11:53 PM
I think at that moment he was pretty much in shock over the Tua injury, so wasn't really intending it as an insult. It was an insult, but likely not something he would have said under normal circumstances. Problem is ... he was right.

This is correct... he said a few things that sounded really, really bad, semantically....
contextually, it wasn't a huge deal, IMO... and all of it was true, regardless...

He was def "shaken" at the injury.,,, I think most would be,.,,

Lord McBuckethead
11-18-2019, 08:52 AM

Yep. Exactly. Saban did what Saban needed to do to show the committee they are something worth voting for. Too bad Bama had a 1955 style schedule, where they haven't played anyone all year except one game against equal competition. They got smoked.

StateDawg44
11-18-2019, 09:13 AM
Well at least he thought we were good enough to give quality live reps. If I were Saban, I would have started kneeling it with 3:30 left in the first half. If we start executing against his 3rd string defense, then go ahead and pick up a few first downs on 4 plays, point to our sideline and then start kneeling it again.

lulz. I would even laugh at that if that actually happened to my team.

Liverpooldawg
11-18-2019, 09:16 AM
You realize we are the losers. All of us. As state fans. Because of joe.

The first step not to being one is to not have a loser's mentality.

Liverpooldawg
11-18-2019, 09:18 AM
Yep. Exactly. Saban did what Saban needed to do to show the committee they are something worth voting for. Too bad Bama had a 1955 style schedule, where they haven't played anyone all year except one game against equal competition. They got smoked.

They got beat by 6 with a gimpy QB.

NCDawg
11-18-2019, 04:48 PM
Ole Joe has relegated us to practice for our opponents. I am not surprised one bit.

We talking 'bout practice, man. We ain't talking about the game.

dantheman4248
11-18-2019, 05:20 PM
They got beat by 6 with a gimpy QB.

The game was never in doubt for LSU in the second half. We beat Auburn 17-9 in 2015 and that was one of the most thorough ass whippings we've given them. Bama failed the thing that keeps them in high regard. The eye test.

basedog
11-18-2019, 05:50 PM
You think ole Nick is second guessing about Hurts now days? After all, his record speaks for itself.

Jack Lambert
11-18-2019, 10:03 PM
I think that?s the real reason why he played Tua. His back up isn?t very good.

You are right. They scored 35 with Tua and they scored 3 with Jones. Auburn is officially going to whip that ass this year and I am not even considering do Bama get the two DT and the running back back for that game.

Sienfield
11-19-2019, 07:42 AM
You are right. They scored 35 with Tua and they scored 3 with Jones. Auburn is officially going to whip that ass this year and I am not even considering do Bama get the two DT and the running back back for that game.

They could have scored 35 with Jones if they wanted to. Nick called off the horses in the second half. He did the same with Arkansas.

BTW as you said they scored two TDs in 2 minutes to start the game so Bama didn't need any two minute drills. I think he was either trying to run the score a little higher or pading Tua's stats.