PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Morning QB- I've Seen Enough Edition

Coach34
11-17-2019, 11:40 AM
1. After Yesterday- UPig, Southern Miss, and now Miss State scored just 7 points vs Bama. We were the only team to do that at home. The other 2 were in T-Town
NM State 10 points, SC scored 23, OM scored 31, A&M 28, and Tenn 13. I post all that to say- Those of you that think JoMo's offense has a higher ceiling than Mullen's are dead wrong. JoMo has his QB- who was reported to be as healthy as he has been all year yesterday- and a veteran OL that includes a draft pick in April on it- plus some WR's and TE's that are at least SEC level. With that- all we could produce after getting 2 weeks to get ready was 1 penalty-aided TD for 7 points. 7 points thanks to the DT grabbing the facemask on the sack. 90 total offensive yards at halftime.

2. Those of you saying Vegas usually gets it right or Bama never beats us bad in Sville must feel silly today.

3. I did enjoy watching JoVester's big offensive adjustment for Bama yesterday. We added a formation in which we went double wing and then had our WR's spread out on the right- with the inside WR being on the line and ineligible to go downfield for a pass. Innovation at its finest. It was done to even up Bama's front and for them to roll their secondary to the WR's- and its something you can do a few plays for effectiveness. But that can also be done with other formations also without hamstringing your passing game by limiting pass routes because a WR cant go downfield. Most college coaches adjust to that after a series- we continued with it for most of the game.

4. 82 passing yards yesterday. We had about 30 at halftime. With a completely healthy TommyBoy. Veteran OL and WR's. Our offense doesn't have to be this bad. We are 84th in the country in Scoring. 72nd in Total O. How bad was that pick to start the game? Threw it right to the guy. You know why that happened? Because every time we ran that play in practice vs the scout team- that route was open and he was used to throwing it. He didn't read anything.

5. Hate what happened to Tua- but shit like that happens when you play a hurting QB up 35-7. Smaller QB with limited escapability due to injury becomes a target for the D. Again, hate it for Tua but not Alabama.

6. Bama could score at will on our D. Nothing surprising there. I thought we played too much zone as opposed to bring more heat against a limping QB running RPO's. RPO's prefer zone coverage. Now granted- Bama has some hellacious WR's that make man coverage dangerous- but playing that zone just gave Tua too many windows to throw into as he started the game 9/9. Our LB's were a waste out there when we zoned. They were rendered useless.

7. Got to give the GusBus a shoutout. Your playcalling cost you the game yesterday. The 3 straight passes on your 20 with less than 2 mins before half cost you 7 points and most likely the game. RTGDF there and get to half down 7-0. You weren't on the damn 40- you were on the 20 vs a very good D. Go to half and re-tool to fight in the 2nd half. Your guys had already played too much D already in the 1st half. Dumb move yesterday. Oh, and thanks for the late cover on the teaser.

8. How About OM putting up 600 yards plus on LSU? Plumlee outpassed Stevens yesterday btw. And rushed for 212 yards. Seems like their offense gives them a chance to win some games, they just have to make some throws to put points on the board in a power spread. It's a great offense and RR is doing a great job there. With their young talent- they will only get better offensively. Time to start worrying about that Egg Bowl- because they are a better football team than us. They have some weapons on offense. And don't give me the "Plumlee cant throw" BS. LSU knew he isn't the best passer either and he still clowned on them.

9. Speaking of- the rumblings are growing that if we lose the Egg that a change could be made. Not sure if the rumblings are going to be loud enough and how dedicated they are to forcing it- but some of these are the men with the money to make it happen. Personally, I don't see us doing it when we lose...but these guys surprised me by having Howland cued up and forcing Ray out a year earlier than the AD wanted. We'll see if some of our big boys are ready to do it again because I don't see us beating them. We will struggle vs them defensively- giving up some big plays. I expect them to gameplan much like Bama and force us to run- trying to make our offense impatient because we feel like we have to throw. OM is not good on D but neither are we. My main thing though is this- they have been competitive vs good teams and we haven't. It's as simple as that.

10. On to Abilene. We get to watch an offensive explosion against a nobody and people will be hopped up on Mountain Dew again for the Egg. So there's that. HailState

CadaverDawg
11-17-2019, 11:48 AM
#10 is so amazing to me. Even after 2 years of this shit, people will still be made wooly by us beating up on little Abilene. They'll predict we spank Ole Miss...and then will be brought back to reality again. Rinse, repeat.

I'm over Joe. Make the change.

BuckyIsAB****
11-17-2019, 11:57 AM
Say whatever you want about them, they have an identity and from my eyes, appear to play much harder than we do. Moorhead walked into 9-4 and is gonna leave at 3-9. Walked into OM at the bottom the laughing stock of the west, and is gonna leave below them.

KOdawg1
11-17-2019, 12:03 PM
I literally see no benefit in keeping him. Some will argue this year's recruiting class will be decimated, but you can't put a mediocre recruiting class over the next 3-4 years of our program. If he's back next year, ticket sales will be embarrassingly low. Support will be the lowest it's been since 2008. You have to make a change now. The longer we wait on this, the further back we will go. We're in a hole, but it's not impossible to climb out of right now.

Mjoelner34
11-17-2019, 12:46 PM
#9: Hopefully these guys realize that the price of keeping him will be significantly higher in the long run (3 or 4 years from now) compared to whatever his current buyout is.

DogsofAnarchy
11-17-2019, 12:49 PM
We absolutely cannot afford to wait on letting him go. The Egg Bowl is going to be U G L Y!!! He should be gone by Friday at Lunch.

ShotgunDawg
11-17-2019, 01:03 PM
Great stuff as always C34

Coursesuper
11-17-2019, 01:12 PM
We absolutely cannot afford to wait on letting him go. The Egg Bowl is going to be U G L Y!!! He should be gone by Friday at Lunch.

I can confirm what C34 is talking about, there are 3 or 4 that can make this happen, just have to sit and wait now.

Coach34
11-17-2019, 01:17 PM
I can confirm what C34 is talking about, there are 3 or 4 that can make this happen, just have to sit and wait now.

An Egg Bowl loss does seem to motivate people.

Coursesuper
11-17-2019, 01:19 PM

It do.

ShotgunDawg
11-17-2019, 01:20 PM

It shouldn't though. It should be completely clear that regardless of the Egg Bowl result Joe sucks & the program will go nowhere under his leadership

Mjoelner34
11-17-2019, 01:20 PM

And one this year would be to a 4 win team with a bowl game on the line for us. That should provide extra motivation.

cheewgumm
11-17-2019, 01:21 PM
Oh no.... rooting for losses? Blaspheme! ***

Coursesuper
11-17-2019, 01:27 PM
It shouldn't though. It should be completely clear that regardless of the Egg Bowl result Joe sucks & the program will go nowhere under his leadership

There are politics in every situation like these both hires and fires. It take maneuvering and in this case isolating a few to get things lined up.

basedog
11-17-2019, 01:28 PM
## is a big mystery to me, I kept watching this formation time and time again thinking what is Joe thinking.

I will say we are just as bad with non sec wideouts, they couldn't get open even against a god High School secondary. Slow and just no rhythm in pass routes, its disgusting.

Joe is more than on the hot seat.

Lord McBuckethead
11-17-2019, 01:38 PM
#9: Hopefully these guys realize that the price of keeping him will be significantly higher in the long run (3 or 4 years from now) compared to whatever his current buyout is.

Hope they keep him for 4 years. Property values around starkville will take a hit and I will be able to get a few spots for a much reduced rate.

Commercecomet24
11-17-2019, 01:52 PM

This. I've been hearing lots of rumbling since immediately after the ut loss. Some were still on the fence until that game. Waiting game now

basedog
11-17-2019, 02:01 PM
This. I've been hearing lots of rumbling since immediately after the ut loss. Some were still on the fence until that game. Waiting game now

Meetings have been going on. Like I said before, what is said behind close doors is staying behind closed doors. (For now away).

Commercecomet24
11-17-2019, 02:02 PM
Meetings have been going on. Like I said before, what is said behind close doors is staying behind closed doors. (For now away).

Yep, you right.

Coursesuper
11-17-2019, 02:03 PM

Yep. Gonna take a little less than 2 weeks is my guess.

Commercecomet24
11-17-2019, 02:05 PM
What bothers me the most is that it's not a talent issue. We aren't the most talented team in the sec obviously but we have the talent to win at least 7 games a year and compete with the big boys for the most part. That only leaves coaching as the problem and it's a glaring one.

Jarius
11-17-2019, 02:14 PM
The longer the season goes the more I expect a change. We are not going to lose the Egg Bowl. We are going to get boat raced. Ole Miss is a really bad football tram with a really bad coaching staff and they are going to
Come in hungry and play with emotion and ram it down our throat. This coaching staff is disgusting to watch.

basedog
11-17-2019, 02:18 PM
What bothers me the most is that it's not a talent issue. We aren't the most talented team in the sec obviously but we have the talent to win at least 7 games a year and compete with the big boys for the most part. That only leaves coaching as the problem and it's a glaring one.

There have only been two HC hires we have ever made that were previous HC, Emory and Jackie, both were unemployed when they were hired.

So, getting a HC with a current job hasn't ever been done, maybe someone will do some kind of sacrifice on the "Grave Yard For Ex Msu Coaches" or the famous "Indian Burial Ground".

hp22
11-17-2019, 02:26 PM
There is nothing left on our schedule that can change my mind. It is time to make a move. I think it foolish to base a long term decision on the results of a rivalry game against a 4-7 Ole Miss team.

And I'll say this. It isn't necessarily our record that pisses me off. It's how we have performed in those losses. How big does the sample size have to be? We've been beat a handful of times this year within 5 minutes of kickoff. We also had another game where we started with a penalty before the actual first snap. Stuff like that shows how clueless we are.

I tried to support it. I tried to take a level approach after UT. But the response to adversity with so much on the line for this program has been the final straw. To think that Ole Miss has arguably surpassed this program in 2 short years with Mart Luke at the lead while dealing with sanctions should be an absolute wake up call to internal leadership.

Our university cannot afford apathy within the football program. You also cannot go 8-5 with a defense that gave up like 12 regular season touchdowns a year ago. And to think, if we beat a 4-7 OM team and sun belt team in a bowl game, we will finish 7-6. Exactly one game less than a team with Abram, Simmons, Sweat, Green, Williams, and Fitz. That is crazy.

Todd4State
11-17-2019, 02:29 PM
To me this is pretty cut and dried. Barring a Maine type upset loss which would probably result in an immediate firing....

He wins the Egg Bowl he gets the opportunity to stay and if he loses he is gone. And when I say opportunity I mean Joe may decide to leave on his own but I don’t think we will outright fire him after an Egg Bowl win.

dantheman4248
11-17-2019, 02:35 PM
We'll see who's right about MSU fans as a whole Thanksgiving night. I still maintain the point that too many of us are happy with 1-11 as long as that 1 is Ole Miss. Undefeated in the Egg Bowl will keep Joe around until he's not imo.

R2Dawg
11-17-2019, 02:36 PM
There have only been two HC hires we have ever made that were previous HC, Emory and Jackie, both were unemployed when they were hired.

So, getting a HC with a current job hasn't ever been done, maybe someone will do some kind of sacrifice on the "Grave Yard For Ex Msu Coaches" or the famous "Indian Burial Ground".

The era of modern college football is also very different today as well. Lot more coaching movement than it used to be.

Mjoelner34
11-17-2019, 02:39 PM
....... I don’t think we will outright fire him after an Egg Bowl win.

I don't either and the thought of that is making me sick to my stomach. As other's have said, his body of work and the trajectory of the program should greatly outweigh the outcome of a game against a 4 win team.

As somebody on another board said, if we win and don't fire him, it'll be the MSU equivalent of ole miss pulling the interim tag off of Luke after the egg bowl.

Coach34
11-17-2019, 02:42 PM

Cant really compare us currently to where we were 30 years ago.

30 years ago- we didn't pay any better than Tulane or La Tech. Today we pay top 1/3 of college football and more than double what those schools can do now.

And obviously by the title of my thread- I agree the outcome of the EB shouldn't matter at this point. It's obvious to see. But unfortunately 6-6 and a bowl with a win over OM gives your stance more leverage than 5-7 and an end to the bowl streak.

HailStateSZN19
11-17-2019, 02:48 PM

30 years ago- we didn't pay any better than Tulane or La Tech. Today we pay top 1/3 of college football and more than double what those schools can do now.

And obviously by the title of my thread- I agree the outcome of the EB shouldn't matter at this point. It's obvious to see. But unfortunately 6-6 and a bowl with a win over OM gives your stance more leverage than 5-7 and an end to the bowl streak.

C34, what’s your list of favorite, realistic options at HC if we do make a move after an EB loss? Appreciate the knowledge and info you always bring and enjoy reading your posts. And if you don’t mind, kinda what you like/don’t like about each candidate.

WSOPdawg
11-17-2019, 02:53 PM
There is nothing left on our schedule that can change my mind. It is time to make a move. I think it foolish to base a long term decision on the results of a rivalry game against a 4-7 Ole Miss team.

And I'll say this. It isn't necessarily our record that pisses me off. It's how we have performed in those losses. How big does the sample size have to be? We've been beat a handful of times this year within 5 minutes of kickoff. We also had another game where we started with a penalty before the actual first snap. Stuff like that shows how clueless we are.

I tried to support it. I tried to take a level approach after UT. But the response to adversity with so much on the line for this program has been the final straw. To think that Ole Miss has arguably surpassed this program in 2 short years with Mart Luke at the lead while dealing with sanctions should be an absolute wake up call to internal leadership.

Our university cannot afford apathy within the football program. You also cannot go 8-5 with a defense that gave up like 12 regular season touchdowns a year ago. And to think, if we beat a 4-7 OM team and sun belt team in a bowl game, we will finish 7-6. Exactly one game less than a team with Abram, Simmons, Sweat, Green, Williams, and Fitz. That is crazy.

Don't forget one of the top guards in the NFL in Elgin Jenkins (for GB) plus Deion Calhoun, who's having a solid NFL rookie season. That team was loaded and to lose 5 games was egregious.

Cooterpoot
11-17-2019, 02:59 PM
Matt Luke is about to be 2-1 vs State. That?s the ultimate embarrassment.

Tbonewannabe
11-17-2019, 03:09 PM
Don't forget one of the top guards in the NFL in Elgin Jenkins (for GB) plus Deion Calhoun, who's having a solid NFL rookie season. That team was loaded and to lose 5 games was egregious.

With that Oline to go with Fitz and Aeris, we should have been able to just run the option and win 9-10 games with that defense.

shoeless joe
11-17-2019, 03:13 PM
I take it your high school team got beat?

basedog
11-17-2019, 03:48 PM

I agree, I'm just telling all u guys who haven't been around long. We have come a loonnggg ways in 30 years. Let's just hope we get a HC with some experience and who will bring assistants that not only Coach but recruit.

Btw 34, I agree about our lack of passing game, but I blame 60% or more on our lack of Sec talent in the Sec. It's a position over the history of Msu football that is weak. That has to change, gotta get some fast play making receivers.

Coach34
11-17-2019, 04:10 PM
I'm not going to start the 194th discussion on who we could get until a move is made.

Basedog- I think Osirus, Guidry, Zuber, Thomas, Hill, Green, and Gibson are good enough to have a competent passing game. It's not a top notch group by any means- but that group is one of the better ones we have had in the last 20 years.

Shoeless- yep. Our QB got hurt in the 2nd Q after we scored on our 1st 2 possessions- we got upset. Killed us. He was the school's Dak and holds alot of records. Great kid and will be tough to replace this Spring.

Commercecomet24
11-17-2019, 04:13 PM
I agree, I'm just telling all u guys who haven't been around long. We have come a loonnggg ways in 30 years. Let's just hope we get a HC with some experience and who will bring assistants that not only Coach but recruit.

Btw 34, I agree about our lack of passing game, but I blame 60% or more on our lack of Sec talent in the Sec. It's a position over the history of Msu football that is weak. That has to change, gotta get some fast play making receivers.

+1

chef dixon
11-17-2019, 05:39 PM
Egg bowl will be 2016 but reverse the roles

Lumpy Chucklelips
11-17-2019, 05:56 PM
Joe Moorhead has done more damage to MSU football than the NCAA did to OM football. Read that 2-3 times. Then try not to vomit.

somebodyshotmypaw
11-17-2019, 06:00 PM
Joe Moorhead has done more damage to MSU football than the NCAA did to OM football. Read that 2-3 times. Then try not to vomit.

That hurts. It's true. And it hurts.

Coursesuper
11-17-2019, 06:39 PM

Moorhead was a miss for sure but I can?t lay this completely at his feet. Those that hired him and those that put our current administration in place have to take some of the blame. We had a chance to make a move in this state and pettiness cost us yet again. Sadly this isn?t the first time it?s happened, we just can?t get out of our own way. That bothers me more than anything else.

was21
11-17-2019, 06:49 PM
Some things never seem to change. Cohen outsmarted himself when he hired Moorhead just like he outsmarted himself when he was coaching baseball. He didn't push the right buttons when he hired him. Moorhead didn't hire himself. Yet he's on the gravy train, and actually smart enough to milk the idea that the program had to be scorched to the ground. That approach gives him time to continue to draw his salary.

ShotgunDawg
11-17-2019, 07:07 PM
Some things never seem to change. Cohen outsmarted himself when he hired Moorhead just like he outsmarted himself when he was coaching baseball. He didn't push the right buttons when he hired him. Moorhead didn't hire himself. Yet he's on the gravy train, and actually smart enough to milk the idea that the program had to be scorched to the ground. That approach gives him time to continue to draw his salary.

I think John Cohen is an extremely intelligent man & innovator. However, I think his wisdom is absolutely worth questioning.

Sometimes intelligent innovators find their identity in innovating & lose appreciation for stability, fundamentals, confidence, & all the other things that allow humans to actually perform at a high level in whatever they do.

DogsofAnarchy
11-17-2019, 07:13 PM

We have some guys that are plenty fast. The SCHEME sucks. The ROUTES suck. Some of you just do not get it.

Todd4State
11-17-2019, 07:33 PM
We'll see who's right about MSU fans as a whole Thanksgiving night. I still maintain the point that too many of us are happy with 1-11 as long as that 1 is Ole Miss. Undefeated in the Egg Bowl will keep Joe around until he's not imo.

I don't either and the thought of that is making me sick to my stomach. As other's have said, his body of work and the trajectory of the program should greatly outweigh the outcome of a game against a 4 win team.

As somebody on another board said, if we win and don't fire him, it'll be the MSU equivalent of ole miss pulling the interim tag off of Luke after the egg bowl.

I don't think Joe coming back or not is JUST about the Egg Bowl though. It's about the entire body of work- the good, the bad, and the ugly. It will happen after the Egg Bowl simply because that is our last game of the year so it's natural that many of our decisions are going to occur after that. Personally, I think it's wise for Keenum, Cohen, and the Cigar Boys to wait until after the end of the year anyway. What if Joe had pulled off the same thing Jackie did in 1996? There really isn't a lot of benefit to firing someone in season anyway unless they do something like what Freeze did and it and it came to light during the season. Let everything play out and then get an apples to apples comparison and make the best decision possible. Otherwise we're creating a lot of uncertainty and instability that is unnecessary. If we fire Joe after the Egg Bowl and hire someone the next week all of that is minimized.

But the Egg Bowl is only one piece of equation. And honestly in Mississippi- it should be a BIG piece. It's hard to sell that we're the team in Mississippi if we aren't beating them and USM for that matter.

I agree 100% about our WR's. Guidry is awful. Osirus has improved a lot but I think teams are keying on him. We really need Heath and Tulu to come in and make an immediate impact. Also- I'd like to see Payton start over Guidry. It seems like he plays harder and I've heard good things about his work ethic.

Todd4State
11-17-2019, 07:38 PM

Except for the fact that none of our fans (or cigar boys) are buying it. I could definitely see him getting fired after winning the Egg Bowl for the simple fact that Joe is so incredibly unpopular.

The biggest complaint I have about that coaching search is we limited ourselves to college coordinators only. Why? Because Scott Stricklin told him that's what MSU does and is our formula for success.....except it really hasn't yielded success outside of Dan.

There's no question in my mind we could have pulled someone like Mike Norvell after Dan. And still might.

The inherent problem here is MSU fans have more belief in MSU succeeding in football than the leaders making the decisions. Which is sad. And just like LT.

basedog
11-17-2019, 08:41 PM
We have some guys that are plenty fast. The SCHEME sucks. The ROUTES suck. Some of you just do not get it.

Matt Wyatt disagrees with u. They very seldom separate against Sec DB’s. Now the scheme sucks so we agree on one thing.

Btw, I watched our receivers all day yesterday closely, it’s pretty obvious to folks who know football.

Todd4State
11-17-2019, 08:46 PM
Matt Wyatt disagrees with u. They very seldom separate against Sec DB’s. Now the scheme sucks so we agree on one thing.

Btw, I watched our receivers all day yesterday closely, it’s pretty obvious to folks who know football.

One thing I noticed from watching Alabama and LSU wisse receivers yesterday. There were times that the receiver would be covered and the QB would essentially just throw it to a spot and the receiver would just run under the ball and catch it. I never see that from us.

basedog
11-17-2019, 08:56 PM
One thing I noticed from watching Alabama and LSU wisse receivers yesterday. There were times that the receiver would be covered and the QB would essentially just throw it to a spot and the receiver would just run under the ball and catch it. I never see that from us.

Well both of those teams have elite receivers. Bama has 4 that will be drafted high. We have none, Mitchell cane run and has improved. But overall u seldom see them with much separation on any pattern.

Now again our scheme does hurt us, so many times we need certain yardage only to have a route under the yardage needed and if they catch the ball are tackled immediately.

Matt Wyatt was on target yesterday about our wideouts. Again I watched them closely yesterday, none will be All Sec.

War Machine Dawg
11-17-2019, 09:20 PM

I keep posting this hoping it will sink in. Jughead lost 5 games with a defense that gave up less than a TD per game. It almost doesn't register it is so absurd. It was virtually impossible to lose more than 5 games with that D. The Offensive Guru achieved the absolute floor of what that team was capable of and threw one of our best ever QBs under the bus while doing so little.

Todd4State
11-17-2019, 09:42 PM
Well both of those teams have elite receivers. Bama has 4 that will be drafted high. We have none, Mitchell cane run and has improved. But overall u seldom see them with much separation on any pattern.

Now again our scheme does hurt us, so many times we need certain yardage only to have a route under the yardage needed and if they catch the ball are tackled immediately.

Matt Wyatt was on target yesterday about our wideouts. Again I watched them closely yesterday, none will be All Sec.

I agree that our receivers are not very talented but it seems to me running to a certain spot and uncovering and the QB knowing to throw it to that spot is at least in part communication and rapport.

basedog
11-17-2019, 10:16 PM
I agree that our receivers are not very talented but it seems to me running to a certain spot and uncovering and the QB knowing to throw it to that spot is at least in part communication and rapport.

What it amounts to what you say is chemistry which we have none. LOL but sad.

Mjoelner34
11-17-2019, 10:19 PM

Shouldn't have let the tutor take our test.**

parabrave
11-17-2019, 10:26 PM
Oh no.... rooting for losses? Blaspheme! ***

We're not rooting for a loss but most of us can see that Luke has OM playing at a higher level than Moorhead has our guys playing. And yes we do have much better talent than them and on paper we should beat the crap out of them. However all I can think about are 2 games; Jackies and Crooms last games. We might see a repeat of those thanksgiving night. AT least we can turn it to the Saints Falcons game.

basedog
11-17-2019, 10:37 PM
Shouldn't have let the tutor take our test.**

+1

LMBO but so true!

Todd4State
11-17-2019, 10:41 PM

I suspected that. Some of that probably goes back to Tommy coming in late and Shrader being new himself. Not making an excuse at all- but I always hope in the offseason that our QB's and WR's are at least working together some in their free time just throwing the ball around. It looks like that very rarely happens at MSU while it does at other schools. Except maybe Dak.

BhamDawg205
11-18-2019, 03:07 AM
I suspected that. Some of that probably goes back to Tommy coming in late and Shrader being new himself. Not making an excuse at all- but I always hope in the offseason that our QB's and WR's are at least working together some in their free time just throwing the ball around. It looks like that very rarely happens at MSU while it does at other schools. Except maybe Dak.

I wonder the WRs practiced with KT, assuming they all thought he'd be the starter. Heck Joe should be let go for destroying depth at QB alone. QB 4 stars and depth doesn't happen MSU often.

Todd4State
11-18-2019, 03:29 AM
I wonder the WRs practiced with KT, assuming they all thought he'd be the starter. Heck Joe should be let go for destroying depth at QB alone. QB 4 stars and depth doesn't happen MSU often.

Considering how inaccurate KT was in the spring game and throughout his career- I'm guessing probably not. I certainly wouldn't start KT over Shrader at this point barring injuries. QB's are going to transfer in and out- that's just the college football landscape and the nature of the beast and the position. Dan had Elijah Staley, Damien Williams, and Nick Tiano transfer out when Fitzgerald took the reigns. Same thing happened with Dylan Favre after it was clear that Tyler Russell and Dak were better than he was. Also KT doesn't seem to have too many option at this point or he would be gone by now.