PDA

View Full Version : Sad but true

BuckyIsAB****
11-17-2019, 11:34 AM
Moorhead is a great guy, is a hell of an interviewer and is great on the whiteboard. But he is not ready for this. Pull the trigger win or loss in the Egg. I know it aint gonna happen but it should. Yes he has recruited better, regardless of what some of his detractors are saying he is and is going to get better as a recruiter. But he aint it. He knows he aint it. It is only a matter of time. If any of you were doing a job search and sat down with the guy for a hour or two he would make you want to hire him too.

This offense just put up the worst performance of the SEC season against a Bama defense that is flat out not that good. Tusk may not like it but they are way down on defense at every level, throw in the fact that they are beat up and we still couldnt crack 300 yards of offense. In 2019. Every single part of our program and I mean every single bit of it, besides recruiting has went backwards. And the recruiting is not up enough to give him the benefit of the doubt. The defense this year has been better than the offense. Understand that, a defense missing its best DT and best overall player, missing 25 tackles a game and is 127th in the country in YAC allowed has been better than our offense who has a legit RB, a grad transfer QB and a OL that is average at worst. Everything else has went down.

The program is as dead as its been since 2008. There is no belief there is no energy. Look at the crowds, apathy has set in. Apathy is the kiss of death. Once its in, it never leaves. Say what you want about Mullen, and I am as mad at him as any but there was never apathy from the fans. Even after the USA loss in 2016 the SC home game was electric. We havent had an electric home game under Moorhead since UF. You could say A&M but even then it wasnt full. For a night game against a ranked team. This is over. OM is going to beat us like a drum Im afraid. They play harder, they have an identity, hell even watching the game it looks like Luke coaches his guys harder. Moorhead can promote the energy on gameday all he wants but kids dont buy that. He has been exposed. A lot of big money guys have been done since the Tennessee game. I have been done since then but I dont matter.

I can say this with 100 percent fact that there was smoke to the Rutgers deal. Not anymore bc they are about to hire Schiano but there was flirtation. I can also say this, when your HC takes the team inside during fall camp bc he says it is too hot you are in trouble. When you have 36 missed assignments in 1 game, you are in trouble. We wont do it bc we are too afraid of what everyone else thinks to pull the trigger but it will just make it harder to rebuild it after 2020. He talks all the time about the culture he is building and how we are going in the right damn direction!!! The culture was built. He came in talking heismans and ring sizes and is going to leave blaming us for expecting better. He is going to go out saying he had to build it from the ground up. He bit off more than he could chew and realized real damn quick he aint playing Illinois and he doesnt have Saquan to carry him. He sacrificed a 10 win season to run his offense a year ago thinking it would pay off down the line. It hasn't. The fans are checked out waiting for baseball, the kids knew we were in trouble after his first spring and the admins know it but dont have the balls to do what needs to be done. Pray Willie Gay, Murphy and Autry make a difference in the Egg bc we aint gonna score more than 20. Aint happening.

Coursesuper
11-17-2019, 12:19 PM
Good job dude. That was well said.

timotheus
11-17-2019, 12:30 PM
Excellent post Bucky!

Dawgtini
11-17-2019, 12:39 PM
<insert eye roll here> take a midol your period will be over soon.

BuckyIsAB****
11-17-2019, 12:43 PM
<insert eye roll here> take a midol your period will be over soon.

Everyone look at me please laugh at my joke

Coursesuper
11-17-2019, 01:01 PM
Everyone look at me please laugh at my joke

That one will think you’re a bad fan.

shrimp
11-17-2019, 08:30 PM
Bingo!

Moorhead is a great guy, is a hell of an interviewer and is great on the whiteboard. But he is not ready for this. Pull the trigger win or loss in the Egg. I know it aint gonna happen but it should. Yes he has recruited better, regardless of what some of his detractors are saying he is and is going to get better as a recruiter. But he aint it. He knows he aint it. It is only a matter of time. If any of you were doing a job search and sat down with the guy for a hour or two he would make you want to hire him too.

This offense just put up the worst performance of the SEC season against a Bama defense that is flat out not that good. Tusk may not like it but they are way down on defense at every level, throw in the fact that they are beat up and we still couldnt crack 300 yards of offense. In 2019. Every single part of our program and I mean every single bit of it, besides recruiting has went backwards. And the recruiting is not up enough to give him the benefit of the doubt. The defense this year has been better than the offense. Understand that, a defense missing its best DT and best overall player, missing 25 tackles a game and is 127th in the country in YAC allowed has been better than our offense who has a legit RB, a grad transfer QB and a OL that is average at worst. Everything else has went down.

The program is as dead as its been since 2008. There is no belief there is no energy. Look at the crowds, apathy has set in. Apathy is the kiss of death. Once its in, it never leaves. Say what you want about Mullen, and I am as mad at him as any but there was never apathy from the fans. Even after the USA loss in 2016 the SC home game was electric. We havent had an electric home game under Moorhead since UF. You could say A&M but even then it wasnt full. For a night game against a ranked team. This is over. OM is going to beat us like a drum Im afraid. They play harder, they have an identity, hell even watching the game it looks like Luke coaches his guys harder. Moorhead can promote the energy on gameday all he wants but kids dont buy that. He has been exposed. A lot of big money guys have been done since the Tennessee game. I have been done since then but I dont matter.

I can say this with 100 percent fact that there was smoke to the Rutgers deal. Not anymore bc they are about to hire Schiano but there was flirtation. I can also say this, when your HC takes the team inside during fall camp bc he says it is too hot you are in trouble. When you have 36 missed assignments in 1 game, you are in trouble. We wont do it bc we are too afraid of what everyone else thinks to pull the trigger but it will just make it harder to rebuild it after 2020. He talks all the time about the culture he is building and how we are going in the right damn direction!!! The culture was built. He came in talking heismans and ring sizes and is going to leave blaming us for expecting better. He is going to go out saying he had to build it from the ground up. He bit off more than he could chew and realized real damn quick he aint playing Illinois and he doesnt have Saquan to carry him. He sacrificed a 10 win season to run his offense a year ago thinking it would pay off down the line. It hasn't. The fans are checked out waiting for baseball, the kids knew we were in trouble after his first spring and the admins know it but dont have the balls to do what needs to be done. Pray Willie Gay, Murphy and Autry make a difference in the Egg bc we aint gonna score more than 20. Aint happening.

Mjoelner34
11-17-2019, 08:37 PM
The program is as dead as its been since 2008.

I actually told the people sitting next to me yesterday that driving to the game had the same feeling as driving to a game when Croom was coach. Zero hope of winning, knowing we'd look like garbage and hoping to spot some good looking leg just to brighten the day little.

starkvegasdawg
11-17-2019, 09:11 PM
I'm your truth telling lies
I'm your reason...alibis
Hindsight open your eyes
Sad but true.

Apoplectic
11-17-2019, 10:21 PM

tldr please

Cowbell
11-17-2019, 10:27 PM
Good post Bucky