PDA

View Full Version : Question ? Covering Jerry Judi

tcdog70
11-17-2019, 11:23 AM
Just Me, but if I was our D.C. I would put our best, Dantzler, man to man on Him. No matter where He lined up. Letting them scheme us into 40 trying to cover Him is pretty stupid. MSU running a zone is like we don't even have DBacks on the field. Man up and Blitz against the Bamas of the World. Can't get any worse that 5 straight scoring drives.

defiantdog
11-17-2019, 11:39 AM
Dantzler was on D. Smith for the most part to attempt to eliminate the deep threat. Jeudy is used more of a slot guy to mismatch against safeties. Morgan was lost trying to cover him. Preston showed a lot more speed in coverage (he's going to be a good one). They simply had more talent on the field. I'm not worried about the D giving up 38. It's the Offense only scoring 7 against an Alabama D that is known to give up points this year. Say what you will about Stevens, but the kid freaks out when there's pressure in his face. And we also have no threat at the receiver position. Alabama DB's had no problem covering them for the most part. They aren't physical, they don't have that extra step, they're bland. And until we up our talent, we will constantly lose to these types of teams.