PDA

View Full Version : Name One Area of Our Football Program that Has Improved or Remained the Same Under Jo

ShotgunDawg
11-17-2019, 09:19 AM
Complete regression in all facets:

Offense - Regression

Defense - Regression this year

Special Teams - LOL

Academics - Tutor Gate

S&C - LOL

Recruiting - Same

If Mississippi State football was a publicly traded company & in a CEO's 2nd year this was what the stock portfolio looked like, what would happen at the next shareholder's meeting?

DogsofAnarchy
11-17-2019, 09:21 AM
How is it that we suddenly can NOT kick the damn ball into the end zone? Go find a damn soccer player that can kick the ball off and put them on scholarship!! It absolutely cannot be that hard.

Tbonewannabe
11-17-2019, 09:22 AM
But he had to replace our winning culture. It wasn't up to his championship standard.*****

Tbonewannabe
11-17-2019, 09:23 AM
How is it that we suddenly can NOT kick the damn ball into the end zone?

Interesting question since we had one kicker just doing kickoffs who could boot every kick out of the end zone.

starkvegasdawg
11-17-2019, 09:25 AM
Apathy has increased tremendously.

DogsofAnarchy
11-17-2019, 09:26 AM
Interesting question since we had one kicker just doing kickoffs who could boot every kick out of the end zone.

Exactly...another example of poor ass coaching.

Tbonewannabe
11-17-2019, 09:27 AM

Cost us a win against KSU.

ShotgunDawg
11-17-2019, 09:28 AM
Apathy has increased tremendously.

You found 1. Nice job!

basedog
11-17-2019, 09:35 AM
I will say after watching our DL yesterday, they have come along and improved. 3 freshman defensive lineman have potential that played yesterday. They kept playing hard, and did ok.

The biggest disappointment to me has been our offensive line play, they can't block a lick, second has been our lack of being physical, third is poor tackling. It always starts up front on offense, we are really bad.

state66
11-17-2019, 09:42 AM
Just tell me we will fire him after Ole Miss beats us on our own turf. That’s all I need to know.

R2Dawg
11-17-2019, 09:43 AM
How is it that we suddenly can NOT kick the damn ball into the end zone? Go find a damn soccer player that can kick the ball off and put them on scholarship!! It absolutely cannot be that hard.

We can it is just our coverage is so bad, we can't take the chance anymore.

Here are a few more areas where we have regressed

Toughness
Culture
Attitude
Effort
Leadership
Coaching
Preparedness
Game planning
Execution
Penalties
Discipline
Speed

R2Dawg
11-17-2019, 09:45 AM
I will say after watching our DL yesterday, they have come along and improved. 3 freshman defensive lineman have potential that played yesterday. They kept playing hard, and did ok.

The biggest disappointment to me has been our offensive line play, they can't block a lick, second has been our lack of being physical, third is poor tackling. It always starts up front on offense, we are really bad.

Agree the DL has come along this year. I think our O and OL problems are coaching and scheme. Did you see Williams frustrated near end of game and getting on to some other linemen. There is complete disconnect about who is doing what when. That is on coaching. They don't know what is going on.

R2Dawg
11-17-2019, 09:48 AM
But he had to replace our winning culture. It wasn't up to his championship standard.*****

Yeah him lecturing MSU coming in really rubbed me the wrong way. Who are you to tell us about winning culture, etc. Heisman talk and clear your trophy shelf all way too much too soon. Same with his preaching to MSU fanbase. Do something then you earn the right to preach at us.

basedog
11-17-2019, 10:02 AM
Agree the DL has come along this year. I think our O and OL problems are coaching and scheme. Did you see Williams frustrated near end of game and getting on to some other linemen. There is complete disconnect about who is doing what when. That is on coaching. They don't know what is going on.

I was told and it's very obvious, we have no leadership from players, that is pretty sick which leads to failures.

DogsofAnarchy
11-17-2019, 10:14 AM
I was told and it's very obvious, we have no leadership from players, that is pretty sick which leads to failures.

I said in another thread: To much ME, ME, ME and not enough WE. We have a bunch of players that feel their self importance I stead of their loyalty to UNIVERSITY first. That’s a recent cultural problem.

coastratdog
11-17-2019, 10:34 AM

Offense - Regression

Special Teams - LOL

Academics - Tutor Gate

S&C - LOL

Recruiting - Same

If Mississippi State football was a publicly traded company & in a CEO's 2nd year this was what the stock portfolio looked like, what would happen at the next shareholder's meeting?

Drastically increased attendance by the visiting team.....

HoopsDawg
11-17-2019, 10:58 AM
Is there one offensive stat that is better?

msstate7
11-17-2019, 11:05 AM
Is there one offensive stat that is better?

Offensive output vs teams on life support?

defiantdog
11-17-2019, 12:41 PM
We averaged 6.2 penalties per game last year, and we average 5.8 this year.....

But seriously, last year our defense gave up an average of 263 yards per game. This year we're giving up 401 per game on average.

But what really gets me (with this offensive guru), we average a +11 point differential last year vs our opponents. This year, we're -4. Mullen showed a (-) in point differential in his first season as a head coach (would've been higher if Lee would've given Dixon the ball against LSU) and the first year Dak left. But he had a (+) differential every other year.

We have basically hired an offensive guru who can't score points. A -4 point differential with all junior and seniors on offense is pathetic.

Ursus_americanus
11-17-2019, 02:23 PM

Offense - Regression

Special Teams - LOL

Academics - Tutor Gate

S&C - LOL

Recruiting - Same

Our kickoff receiving team has logged significantly more playing time. So there’s that.

Mjoelner34
11-17-2019, 03:02 PM
Against SEC teams not named Arkansas or Ole Miss, we've increased from 12 and change per game to 16 and change per game. A positive stat but, it just means that our midget is a little taller and still is the shortest there.

Really Clark?
11-17-2019, 04:18 PM
Against SEC teams not named Arkansas or Ole Miss, we've increased from 12 and change per game to 16 and change per game. A positive stat but, it just means that our midget is a little taller and still is the shortest there.

Yeah it’s still bad. A third of all if our SEC points the last 2 season have come against ARK. I know some have used the 2016 season as a comparison, while it was a bad year for Mullen, we averaged nearly 30 points per game in conference that year still.

Lord McBuckethead
11-17-2019, 04:25 PM

Maybe our kicker was on of the turorgate10?

nsvltndog
11-17-2019, 04:27 PM
Enforcement of not allowing any cups out of the Club Level. The rent a cops at the doors and elevators have been performing at an All American level on this throughout the season. They should be offering us mixed drinks on our way out the door this season but instead they've decided this is the time to start enforcing the no beverages are allowed to exit policy. Pretty sure it's always been a policy but never seen it enforced until this season.

Lord McBuckethead
11-17-2019, 04:28 PM

Our DL has only made a handful or plays all year. They are so mich of a nonfactor that teams get OL onto the 2nd level pretty much every run play. Then our LBers are always having to support their attention to their running game. Every play action has wide open people over the middle. So DL play effects our LB play. Compromises our entire defense. Go look at shoop UT teams, when the dline could atleast force double teams, they all performed better. Right now, I am not sure a teams 2nd string OL has to do double teams.

basedog
11-17-2019, 05:27 PM
Our DL has only made a handful or plays all year. They are so mich of a nonfactor that teams get OL onto the 2nd level pretty much every run play. Then our LBers are always having to support their attention to their running game. Every play action has wide open people over the middle. So DL play effects our LB play. Compromises our entire defense. Go look at shoop UT teams, when the dline could atleast force double teams, they all performed better. Right now, I am not sure a teams 2nd string OL has to do double teams.

You know we are playing 3 freshmen at DL, they have improved from the beginning. Need better LB'ers and DB's.

Mobile Bay
11-17-2019, 05:33 PM
Cheaper hot dogs

CoachT14
11-17-2019, 06:01 PM
Yeah it’s still bad. A third of all if our SEC points the last 2 season have come against ARK. I know some have used the 2016 season as a comparison, while it was a bad year for Mullen, we averaged nearly 30 points per game in conference that year still.

The Moorhead defenders also take that season completely out of context. It wasn't like we had some enormous talent advantage and Mullen completely shit the bed. We lost a ton of talent off a 2015 team that would've won 4-5 games without Dak. Then Mullen made a really bad DC hire, which he corrects after the season and brings in Grantham.

mudbugs
11-17-2019, 06:29 PM
The new locker room is nice

parabrave
11-17-2019, 09:38 PM

The OL disconnect goes back to the 1st game. How many times last year and this year have you seen the OLinemen look at each other asking each other what they were supposed to do before the ball was snapped and after a play?

deadheaddawg
11-17-2019, 10:06 PM
Elbow room in the stadium has improved.

Apoplectic
11-17-2019, 10:20 PM
on a related note I have an extr $5K in this trump market - I?m kinda liking this jomo error

Cooterpoot
11-17-2019, 10:51 PM
Our loss total has increased

Bothrops
11-17-2019, 11:46 PM
Offense - Broken
Defense - Embarrassing
ST - Fixable
Recruiting - Better
S&C - Way too much room for improvement
Game Day Preperation - Abysmal

Sienfield
11-18-2019, 08:00 AM
We have learned to fair catch a kick off. That's all I got.