PDA

View Full Version : SEC is way down this year.

DownwardDawg
11-16-2019, 10:31 PM
LSU defense is absolute trash and they will win the SEC.

ShotgunDawg
11-16-2019, 10:40 PM

Uh.... LSU may win the national championship

ShotgunDawg
11-16-2019, 10:43 PM
To your point though, I'm not sure I've see a bigger gap than this year in the SEC

Good: LSU, UGA, Bama

Pretty good: Auburn, Florida

Average - A&M

Bad: MSU, OM, SCAR, Vandy, KY, TN, Mizzou, Arkansas

The bottom of the league is as bad as I've ever seen it

Commercecomet24
11-16-2019, 10:44 PM
Defense is not played anywhere in the country anymore. Just watch the other conferences play. Sec still has the best defenses because of the dl talent but offense is King all over now.

Coursesuper
11-16-2019, 10:48 PM
Defense is not played anywhere in the country anymore. Just watch the other conferences play. Sec still has the best defenses because of the dl talent but offense is King all over now.

That’s true, and the rules have been changed over the last few years to give more and more of an advantage to the offense. Trying to sell tickets with scoring and running up and down the field. It’s damn hard to coach defense.

Commercecomet24
11-16-2019, 10:54 PM
That’s true, and the rules have been changed over the last few years to give more and more of an advantage to the offense. Trying to sell tickets with scoring and running up and down the field. It’s damn hard to coach defense.

Man you nailed it! DCs jobs have become much tougher. You can't touch a receiver or qb and you sure as heck can't hit anyone hard anymore. I liked it better the old way lol.

KOdawg1
11-16-2019, 10:56 PM
I think Georgia beats them

Coursesuper
11-16-2019, 11:00 PM
Man you nailed it! DCs jobs have become much tougher. You can't touch a receiver or qb and you sure as heck can't hit anyone hard anymore. I liked it better the old way lol.

You damn sure can’t knock the ball away from a guy, this trying to rip the ball out and give up 10 to 15 extra yards sucks. If you could hit a QB Plummley wouldn’t be running wild, his ass would toating an ass whipping every play.

Liverpooldawg
11-16-2019, 11:04 PM

Football has changed. It's not about defense first anymore. The transition at Alabama should tell you that if nothing else does.

Commercecomet24
11-16-2019, 11:09 PM
You damn sure can?t knock the ball away from a guy, this trying to rip the ball out and give up 10 to 15 extra yards sucks. If you could hit a QB Plummley wouldn?t be running wild, his ass would toating an ass whipping every play.

Agree 100%! Man me and you think just alike!

TUSK
11-16-2019, 11:22 PM
ban the forward pass....

(for the record, i said that way before tua was born)

TUSK
11-16-2019, 11:33 PM
If I took a shot at:
Defense: UGA/AU, UA/UF, LSU
Offense: LSU/UA, UGA, AU

TUSK
11-16-2019, 11:36 PM
Football has changed. It's not about defense first anymore. The transition at Alabama should tell you that if nothing else does.

I've seen more changes than I'd like to admit..... It's terrible....

dawgday166
11-16-2019, 11:40 PM
I think Georgia beats them

I think so too. Clemson or OSU win Natty.

ETA: I hate it too. Want Ogre to win Natty.

dawgday166
11-16-2019, 11:49 PM
If I took a shot at:
Defense: UGA/AU, UA/UF, LSU
Offense: LSU/UA, UGA, AU

UF has better D than UA and it's not that close this year.

Liverpooldawg
11-16-2019, 11:54 PM
I've seen more changes than I'd like to admit..... It's terrible....

I hate it, but it is what it is. I actually love to see good defensive football. It's a dinosaur now.

TUSK
11-17-2019, 12:01 AM
I hate it, but it is what it is. I actually love to see good defensive football. It's a dinosaur now.

yup.

TUSK is sad.

DownwardDawg
11-17-2019, 08:59 AM

I hate it too. I miss old football.