PDA

View Full Version : John....

CadaverDawg
11-16-2019, 06:11 PM
Please make this shit stop. I can't take much more. We waited a long time to see our football program compete, and I am about to pull my hair out watching this incompetent, unprepared, undisciplined, trash Joe Moorhead continues to put on the field every week. It's awful, it's embarrassing, it's not Mississippi State football, and this team and university and fans deserve better. And for the record, beating a garbage Ole Miss team in a few weeks should not effect this decision.

TrapGame
11-16-2019, 06:12 PM
Nine years of building a program and Joe levels it in two.

CadaverDawg
11-16-2019, 06:18 PM
Our offense has improved zero in 2 years. That's what Joe does. If he can't improve his own side of the ball, how is he going to improve an entire team from what he has done to kill it? It's over. The trial period has ended. The experiment is complete. Unplug the machine on him before he completely unplugs it on our football program and we can't recover.

ShotgunDawg
11-16-2019, 06:18 PM
Please make this shit stop. I can't take much more. We waited a long time to see our football program compete, and I am about to pull my hair out watching this incompetent, unprepared, undisciplined, trash Joe Moorhead continues to put on the field every week. It's awful, it's embarrassing, it's not Mississippi State football, and this team and university and fans deserve better. And for the record, beating a garbage Ole Miss team in a few weeks should not effect this decision.

Great post.

I agree. Everyone is making a big deal out of the Egg Bowl, but other than just sending us to a meaningless bowl game, I don't see it as having anything to do with whether or not Joe is a potential championship caliber coach.

it really shouldn't have much to do with his evaluation unless Cohen has no idea how to evaluate a coach

HoopsDawg
11-16-2019, 06:23 PM
I wish I knew Joe was gone after this season so I could pull for us in the Egg Bowl.

Maybe go ahead and work out a deal with Rutgers and let Tony Hughes coach the Egg. Pipe dream, I know, I know.

HoopsDawg
11-16-2019, 06:25 PM
I remember people saying James Franklin couldn't win at Penn State until he got Joe as his OC. Yeah, the record could back that up, but we should have known it was BS. We all saw James Franklin win at Vandy of all places without JoMo.

R2Dawg
11-16-2019, 06:27 PM
Nine years of building a program and Joe levels it in two.

Yep that is what makes me the most mad especially for MSU what they have had to endure. So easy to tear something down and Joe has mastered it. I'm almost at the point even if we win Eggbowl, I want him gone. If he isn't gone there has to be a massive change in coaches and how we do things.

TrapGame
11-16-2019, 06:30 PM
I remember people saying James Franklin couldn't win at Penn State until he got Joe as his OC. Yeah, the record could back that up, but we should have known it was BS. We all saw James Franklin win at Vandy of all places without JoMo.

And looking at PSU has looked without Joe they ain't really missing a step. I think Franklin kept Joe on a leash. Remember the stories of it took four or five games for the offense to pick up on Joe's scheme? I think that was Franklin crawling Joe's ass and telling him to simplify his offense.

Coursesuper
11-16-2019, 06:36 PM
What I’m completely unable to ignore is the change of atmosphere at a football game since this administration has taken over it’s all very stale, there is no sense of optimism it’s just dead. And in the game everything seems very forced and it’s very much like big brother telling you how to act in the most stoic way possible.

CadaverDawg
11-16-2019, 06:37 PM
I'll go ahead and post my response to the first one that says "if we win the Egg Bowl he stays, if we lose it he's gone".....

Go Rebels.

I'm done with Joe, and if one more loss to those bastards gets him the hell outta here, then Hotty Toddy I guess. Because the bowl streak is ending next year anyway if it doesn't this year. We are trending downward in every aspect. A sinking ship.

HoopsDawg
11-16-2019, 06:38 PM
I'll go ahead and post my response to the first one that says "if we win the Egg Bowl he stays, if we lose it he's gone".....

Go Rebels.

I'm done with Joe, and if one more loss to those bastards gets him the hell outta here, then Hotty Toddy I guess.

I said the exact same thing in the game thread. Really pains me to think this way.

CadaverDawg
11-16-2019, 06:41 PM
I said the exact same thing in the game thread. Really pains me to think this way.

Me too man. I deleted it 3 times before finally letting myself hit submit. But that's how bad he is. I could never even type those words during Croom's tenure. It's beyond painful to admit that I want us to lose to them.....but if it means saving the program long term, I do.

DogsofAnarchy
11-16-2019, 06:43 PM

You’re gonna think trash Ole Miss program after that game. Ole Miss wins it easily.

Liverpooldawg
11-16-2019, 06:45 PM
I wish I knew Joe was gone after this season so I could pull for us in the Egg Bowl.

Maybe go ahead and work out a deal with Rutgers and let Tony Hughes coach the Egg. Pipe dream, I know, I know.

If you can't pull for us in the Egg Bowl just turn in your cowbell. Good grief a lot of you people have totally lost your minds. I don't want the Confederate bastards to beat us in anything EVER.

Dawgfan77
11-16-2019, 06:48 PM
Posted this in a thread this week but here are SloMo stats against good defense at PSU
191 UM
276 OSU
354 Kent state
312 Pitt
380 IU
283 OSU
304 Rutgers

MetEdDawg
11-16-2019, 06:48 PM
Sorry folks. Wrong mindset. We should NEVER root for OM.

There is too much at stake in our battle against them. They can't ever gain an inch folks. Never. You may think Moorhead needs to go, but you always root for your players and your university.

The second we realize this as a fan base, the better chance we have of making the changes we want to see. Too many of y'all think bad = good. That's not a guarantee people. You want the university to do well folks. Period. And hope that if Moorhead isn't the correct fit we make a change.

We have got to understand this as a fan base.

HoopsDawg
11-16-2019, 06:54 PM
Posted this in a thread this week but here are SloMo stats against good defense at PSU
191 UM
276 OSU
354 Kent state
312 Pitt
380 IU
283 OSU
304 Rutgers

Everyone needs to read this. Eye opening!! And that's with 2 NFL RB's, an NFL TE, NFL QB and 2 NFL WR's. JoMo's talent on offense at Penn State was maybe stronger than our talent on defense last year.

Cooterpoot
11-16-2019, 06:54 PM
I’m not down with that pulling for OM bullshit. That’s a *****-assed loser mentality. Whatever happens, happens but 17 that bullshit! Our recruiting class will also take a huge hit if we make a change. This shit is going to be ugly either way.

Liverpooldawg
11-16-2019, 06:55 PM

There is too much at stake in our battle against them. They can't ever gain an inch folks. Never. You may think Moorhead needs to go, but you always root for your players and your university.

The second we realize this as a fan base, the better chance we have of making the changes we want to see. Too many of y'all think bad = good. That's not a guarantee people. You want the university to do well folks. Period. And hope that if Moorhead isn't the correct fit we make a change.

It's the same old MSU mindset that has always held us down. I've heard this " I hope we lose so we can fire whoever" crap for decades. It's pathetic. If you EVER root for the Confederates to beat us then you are NOT a Bulldog.

TheLostDawg
11-16-2019, 06:55 PM
What I’m completely unable to ignore is the change of atmosphere at a football game since this administration has taken over it’s all very stale, there is no sense of optimism it’s just dead. And in the game everything seems very forced and it’s very much like big brother telling you how to act in the most stoic way possible.

Very true. Just sums everything up and show how far we've regressed.

HoopsDawg
11-16-2019, 06:57 PM
If you can't pull for us in the Egg Bowl just turn in your cowbell. Good grief a lot of you people have totally lost your minds. I don't want the Confederate bastards to beat us in anything EVER.

I rarely engage in discussion with you for obvious reasons. But I'm curious. You would rather win the egg bowl and keep jomo as coach, than lose and get a new coach? I just want to make sure I understand where you are coming from.

ShotgunDawg
11-16-2019, 06:58 PM
I rarely engage in discussion with you for obvious reasons. But I'm curious. You would rather win the egg bowl and keep jomo as coach, than lose and get a new coach? I just want to make sure I understand where you are coming from.

Ideally, I'd rather win the Egg Bowl but for everyone to realize that Joe sucks & we need a new coach

Coursesuper
11-16-2019, 06:59 PM

Uh Wut? You do realize the reason we didn’t gain any ground on UNM this time, which was a golden opportunity, is our own damn fault. In fighting over petty horseshit landed us an arrogant ass of an AD that in turn hired a bum football coach and here we are right back down slogging thru the mud with them again. Yeah we are MSU and our own pricks are to blame. Thanks Haley.

MetEdDawg
11-16-2019, 07:11 PM
Uh Wut? You do realize the reason we didn’t gain any ground on UNM this time, which was a golden opportunity, is our own damn fault. In fighting over petty horseshit landed us an arrogant ass of an AD that in turn hired a bum football coach and here we are right back down slogging thru the mud with them again. Yeah we are MSU and our own pricks are to blame. Thanks Haley.

Here's the thing. You are wrong. And everyone else that agrees with you is wrong.

John made a bad hire. It happens. People want him fired for it. That's freaking stupid. If Joe needs to go he will go. But my guess is you have zero clue as to whether a win or loss in the Egg Bowl will for sure get Moorhead fired. Since you don't know that, why the hell would you root for OM?

It's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Unless you actually know for a fact Moorhead is fired with an Egg Bowl loss, you root for us. Period.

Liverpooldawg
11-16-2019, 07:11 PM

I absolutely NEVER EVER EVER want to lose to the Confederate bastards. That is where I'm coming from. If you EVER want us to, you don't deserve a cowbell. I would expect anyone with one shred of honor to turn their's in if they did.

Liverpooldawg
11-16-2019, 07:15 PM
I absolutely NEVER EVER EVER want to lose to the Confederate bastards. That is where I'm coming from. If you EVER want us to, you don't deserve a cowbell. I would expect anyone with one shred of honor to turn their's in if they did.

For the record I ain't arguing about the coach. I just am appalled that anyone who is a MSU fan would ever root for the Confederate bastards to beat us in anything. I do not consider anyone who ever does to be a MSU person. I will treat them like the Confederate bastards they are rooting for.

MetEdDawg
11-16-2019, 07:15 PM

Glad I'm not the lone ranger here. No one on here knows Joe is gone after the Egg Bowl. How the hell can you ever root for OM?

Never will I ever root for them. Too smart to do that.

IMissJack
11-16-2019, 07:16 PM

It's not just CJM, the entire dept. has gotten sloppy. It's like we don't even try to present a great game day experience any more. Today Q the Bats. John needs to step up himself.

HoopsDawg
11-16-2019, 07:16 PM

So one game is bigger than the program for you. You are the kind of fan that would rather go 1-11 and beat Ole Miss than 11-1 with a loss to Ole Miss. I get it. There are a number of fans like you.

HoopsDawg
11-16-2019, 07:17 PM
Glad I'm not the lone ranger here. No one on here knows Joe is gone after the Egg Bowl. How the hell can you ever root for OM?

Never will I ever root for them. Too smart to do that.

Yep, but the Liverpool boat is not one you want to be in.

Coursesuper
Here's the thing. You are wrong. And everyone else that agrees with you is wrong.

John made a bad hire. It happens. People want him fired for it. That's freaking stupid. If Joe needs to go he will go. But my guess is you have zero clue as to whether a win or loss in the Egg Bowl will for sure get Moorhead fired. Since you don't know that, why the hell would you root for OM?

It's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Unless you actually know for a fact Moorhead is fired with an Egg Bowl loss, you root for us. Period.

Take off the maroon colored glasses chief, and one day you will see just what’s going on. Until then you be you chicka.

BeardoMSU

Go Rebels.

I'm done with Joe, and if one more loss to those bastards gets him the hell outta here, then Hotty Toddy I guess. Because the bowl streak is ending next year anyway if it doesn't this year. We are trending downward in every aspect. A sinking ship.

https://media2.giphy.com/media/7uzjPDyJTOMZW/source.gif

I've said this before. I know it'll suck in the moment....like suck big time, but shit....you've gotta look at the big picture here. Winning a war is more important than winning a battle, to pardon my shitty analogy.

I hate losing to those bitches as much as anyone, but if we really want change, y'all know that will have to happen. Our admin will absolutely not fire Joe if he beats OM. Not gonna happen. Dan wasn't just pulling that shit about going 1-11 out of his ass....he had us pegged. I just hope we can, for the first time in our history, not act like a little brother when it matters most.

Liverpooldawg
11-16-2019, 07:19 PM
It's not just CJM, the entire dept. has gotten sloppy. It's like we don't even try to present a great game day experience any more. Today Q the Bats. John needs to step up himself.

In fairness the bats ain't anyone's fault. They can take up living anywhere, and a stadium is prime territory for them.

MetEdDawg
11-16-2019, 07:20 PM
Take off the maroon colored glasses chief, and one day you will see just what’s going on. Until then you be you chicka.

Trust me. I'll be happy to be on my side. I know a change needs to be made and I understand that no matter what I do, I don't have control over what decision is made. So I'm going to root for MSU and hope our leaders make the right decisions.

I can promise you there is never a bad day when I root for MSU. When you get into the bullshit of hoping we lose, you've turned a bad corner. When you think losing is the best thing for us, you need to re evaluate things.

BeardoMSU
In fairness the bats ain't anyone's fault. They can take up living anywhere, and a stadium is prime territory for them.

Lol, also in fairness, bats are very important ecologically. Especially for those that don't like pesky insects...

IMissJack

You constantly miss the BIG picture.

Liverpooldawg
11-16-2019, 07:21 PM
https://media2.giphy.com/media/7uzjPDyJTOMZW/source.gif

I've said this before. I know it'll suck in the moment....like suck big time, but shit....you've gotta look at the big picture here. Winning a war is more important than winning a battle, to pardon my shitty analogy.

I hate losing to those bitches as much as anyone, but if we really want change, y'all know that will have to happen. Our admin will absolutely not fire Joe if he beats OM. Not gonna happen. Dan wasn't just pulling that shit about going 1-11 out of his ass....he had us pegged. I just hope we can, for the first time in our history, not act like a little brother when it matters most.

If you pull for Ole Miss to beat US, then you aren't a Dawg, period. Those of us who actually live in Mississippi know this.

IMissJack
11-16-2019, 07:22 PM
For the record I don't give a rats ass about the bats. But I usually don't see this kind of crap at other SEC games either. Cohen has been bad.

BeardoMSU
11-16-2019, 07:23 PM
When you get into the bullshit of hoping we lose, you've turned a bad corner. When you think losing is the best thing for us, you need to re evaluate things.

This is a fair point, but it should definitely be nuanced in regards to this discussion.

Winning a single game should never define your program, and that's my point.

Liverpooldawg
11-16-2019, 07:23 PM
You constantly miss the BIG picture.

The big picture about bats? I take it you have never had a problem with pests like that. You can blame Cohen for a terrible hire all you want, but bats living in the stadium ain't his fault. That's totally ridiculous.

Liverpooldawg
11-16-2019, 07:26 PM
This is a fair point, but it should definitely be nuanced in regards to this discussion.

Who said anything about it defining the program? That's insane. All I know is it's always, always, always better to beat those bastards than it is to lose to them. You don't have to live with them, I do. Any MSU fan that ever pulls for them against us, isn't a MSU fan.

BeardoMSU
11-16-2019, 07:26 PM
Those of us who actually live in Mississippi know this.

Lol, really, Pool? You're gonna go there?

Prior to my wife and I moving to Massachusetts, both to accept academic positions at very prestigious schools, we lived in Starkville for the last 15 years, and I had lived in MS pretty much my whole life before that.

Please...that take is your lamest in a long time.

MetEdDawg
11-16-2019, 07:27 PM

Here's the thing. I completely agree. Winning the Egg Bowl shouldn't necessarily save Moorhead. Going 6-6 and determining whether or not that is what administration believes is reasonable given how this year has played out and how the direction of the program is going over 2 years is what should make this decision. To me one game is too shallow a determining factor to stay or go.

To me this decision should already be made unless something completely unforeseen happens like we get blown out or we dominate them completely.

DownwardDawg
I hope we beat ole miss 75-0 and all their players get hurt. Then I hope we fire Moorehead and hire a new coach. Never ever ever cheer for those sleezy bastards.

BeardoMSU
You don't have to live with them, I do.

Lol...pretty sure you've spent more time in Scotland the last decade than MS.**

BeardoMSU
11-16-2019, 07:30 PM
Here's the thing. I completely agree. Winning the Egg Bowl shouldn't necessarily save Moorhead. Going 6-6 and determining whether or not that is what administration believes is reasonable given how this year has played out and how the direction of the program is going over 2 years is what should make this decision. To me one game is too shallow a determining factor to stay or go.

Totally agree with this, and I wish it was the case, I just don't have much faith it will be. Would love to be wrong though.

Truthfully, my hope is we beat OM, then some dipshit program like Rutgers comes calling and Joe takes his puddytat offense back to the BigTen. That would be about as amenable divorce as we could hope for.

msugolf
11-16-2019, 07:35 PM
It's the same old MSU mindset that has always held us down. I've heard this " I hope we lose so we can fire whoever" crap for decades. It's pathetic. If you EVER root for the Confederates to beat us then you are NOT a Bulldog.

Ahhh the ol "you're not a true fan if you don't think the way I want you to" mantra. The absolute douchest of statements.

I think I'll go with Henry Ford's quote instead ...
"Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently"

TheLostDawg
11-16-2019, 07:37 PM
It's crazy to say you're going to pull for ole Miss because we'll let Moorhead go and you think he'll stay if he wins. Well he could just as easily stay if he loses too. We don't know what's going to happen. To say you'll pull for ole Miss because you think he'll get fired will only bring us further down if he isn't fired.
Summary: don't be stupid, pull for State in the egg bowl and hope Cohen is ahead of all this and had already started the coaching search and that Moorhead lands up north where he'll do okay and be happy. Everyone wins but the cheaters up north

msugolf
11-16-2019, 07:43 PM
It's crazy to say you're going to pull for ole Miss because we'll let Moorhead go and you think he'll stay if he wins. Well he could just as easily stay if he loses too. We don't know what's going to happen. To say you'll pull for ole Miss because you think he'll get fired will only bring us further down if he isn't fired.
Summary: don't be stupid, pull for State in the egg bowl and hope Cohen is ahead of all this and had already started the coaching search and that Moorhead lands up north where he'll do okay and be happy. Everyone wins but the cheaters up north

I'm for whatever is the quickest route to get the program on track to winning. I don't care what it is as long as it doesn't tank the program. Just the same way I'd approach it if one of my kids is learning hard lessons about life. I wouldn't want them to keep making mistakes but getting bailed out just enough to think it's not a problem. I'd want them to fail hard and fast so it's clear and they can grow from it.

And Cohen isn't going to do anything unless he absolutely has to. JoMo is his hire and being an old coach, Cohen is as stubborn as the best of them.

Noxdog
11-16-2019, 07:43 PM
Our offense has improved zero in 2 years. That's what Joe does. If he can't improve his own side of the ball, how is he going to improve an entire team from what he has done to kill it? It's over. The trial period has ended. The experiment is complete. Unplug the machine on him before he completely unplugs it on our football program and we can't recover.

We see it the same way. JoMo has sucked the life out of OUR program. Deep down, I knew after last year but had a wait and see attitude. I've seen enough of this horseshit.

John Cohen Loves MSU, that I'm sure of, but this is his litmus test. Hold on to this dud to long and you are next.

DAMNED SHAME! Cad knows I rarely post and when I do it's out of conviction.

Noxdog
11-16-2019, 07:47 PM
For the record I ain't arguing about the coach. I just am appalled that anyone who is a MSU fan would ever root for the Confederate bastards to beat us in anything. I do not consider anyone who ever does to be a MSU person. I will treat them like the Confederate bastards they are rooting for.

I agree with this. I WILL NEVER ROOT FOR OLE MISS AGAINST US IN ANYTHING.

But, if they skulldrag us and it speeds the jomo train out of town then so be it. That day I will be hoping and praying we whip that rebel ass.

Noxdog
11-16-2019, 07:49 PM

What's this bat shit? I was at the game and never heard anything about bats?? After game, people asking if I saw rabid bats? WHAT?

Liverpooldawg
11-16-2019, 07:50 PM
Lol, really, Pool? You're gonna go there?

Prior to my wife and I moving to Massachusetts, both to accept academic positions at very prestigious schools, we lived in Starkville for the last 15 years, and I had lived in MS pretty much my whole life before that.

Please...that take is your lamest in a long time.

Ok, fair enough. But I still say your blood isn't maroon if you EVER pull for them to beat US.

Noxdog
11-16-2019, 07:51 PM

To me this decision should already be made unless something completely unforeseen happens like we get blown out or we dominate them completely.

Eh, the writing is on the wall either way. JoMo is a dud.

Liverpooldawg
11-16-2019, 07:55 PM
Lol...pretty sure you've spent more time in Scotland the last decade than MS.**

I wish! Seriously I do. If I ever win the lottery I'm gone. The choice is between Dunoon and friends and Mull where my heart is. I wouldn't have to put up with Confederates either place. My view on this might mellow.

MetEdDawg
11-16-2019, 07:56 PM
Eh, the writing is on the wall either way. JoMo is a dud.

I agree. So why would we root for Ole Miss in this?

I think he's gone no matter what honestly. But I'll never root for Ole Miss.

Liverpooldawg
11-16-2019, 07:57 PM
I'm for whatever is the quickest route to get the program on track to winning. I don't care what it is as long as it doesn't tank the program. Just the same way I'd approach it if one of my kids is learning hard lessons about life. I wouldn't want them to keep making mistakes but getting bailed out just enough to think it's not a problem. I'd want them to fail hard and fast so it's clear and they can grow from it.

And Cohen isn't going to do anything unless he absolutely has to. JoMo is his hire and being an old coach, Cohen is as stubborn as the best of them.

Losing to Ole Miss is never the way to winning. Even if it results in a coach firing it makes the next one's job harder.

Liverpooldawg
11-16-2019, 07:58 PM

The only way he is gone is if he leaves on his own. Win or lose to the Confederates, we won't fire him.

ShotgunDawg
11-16-2019, 07:59 PM
Losing to Ole Miss is never the way to winning. Even if it results in a coach firing it makes the next one's job harder.

It certainly worked well in 2008

Noxdog
11-16-2019, 07:59 PM

Look above, I say the same thing but if it happens and speeds his ass out of here, so be it. Don't want it to, though(lose to them)

BeardoMSU
11-16-2019, 08:08 PM
Look, I know being a fan is, in itself, a very emotional endeavor (especially for us)...but in this case, it's not about "rooting for OM to beat us"...as I said, I hate losing to those ****ers, as everyone else does as well, and I'd love nothing better than to boat race those old south lovin' douchebags, just to wake up Sunday morning to news of Joe leaving on his own to take another job...

As mentioned before, I just don't see our admin firing a coach after beating OM. Could it happen? I sure hope so, but I would be shocked it it happened (pleasantly so).

CadaverDawg
11-16-2019, 08:08 PM
Douches like Liverpool are why I don't post as much as I used to. Anybody with a brain knows I'm referring to IF WE HAD A WAY OF KNOWING 100% THAT A LOSS TO OLE MISS IS THE ONLY WAY WE FIRE JOE, then I'd pull for Ole Miss. But we don't. And I have no confidence that John will fire him even if we do lose to OM though, so I'm not rooting for Ole Miss. Can't believe I have to explain this...I didn't realize guys like Liverpool and MetEd were 12 and required a synopsis of every post in order to not spin it. Obviously we'll never know what John's going to do until it's done. Jesus.

Sometimes I feel like maybe I should hope we keep a Joe Moorhead and give these fans like Liverpool what they want. That way he can spend his Saturdays watching that shit for the rest of his life and I can go do productive stuff on Saturdays. Unfortunately I'm too passionate about MSU, and want us to succeed so bad it's damn near unhealthy. Blessing and a curse.

BeardoMSU
11-16-2019, 08:10 PM

https://media1.tenor.com/images/5e4afc792dca2b82d4e5bb9145692dc5/tenor.gif?itemid=10878845

Not only did it "work well", but it led to arguably our greatest stretch as a football program. But yeah....change is scary. Even when it's obviously needed.

Coursesuper
11-16-2019, 08:27 PM
Douches like Liverpool are why I don't post as much as I used to. Anybody with a brain knows I'm referring to IF WE HAD A WAY OF KNOWING 100% THAT A LOSS TO OLE MISS IS THE ONLY WAY WE FIRE JOE, then I'd pull for Ole Miss. But we don't. And I have no confidence that John will fire him even if we do lose to OM though, so I'm not rooting for Ole Miss. Can't believe I have to explain this...I didn't realize guys like Liverpool and MetEd were 12 and required a synopsis of every post in order to not spin it. Obviously we'll never know what John's going to do until it's done. Jesus.

Sometimes I feel like maybe I should hope we keep a Joe Moorhead and give these fans like Liverpool what they want. That way he can spend his Saturdays watching that shit for the rest of his life and I can go do productive stuff on Saturdays. Unfortunately I'm too passionate about MSU, and want us to succeed so bad it's damn near unhealthy. Blessing and a curse.

You and I are very much alike.

Todd4State
11-16-2019, 08:40 PM

It doesn?t have to come to that for change. And the truth is Croom was going to be fired anyway.

Todd4State
11-16-2019, 08:42 PM

Liverpool can watch videos of Tech and 10 while the rest of us enjoy winning.

ShotgunDawg
11-16-2019, 08:51 PM
It doesn?t have to come to that for change. And the truth is Croom was going to be fired anyway.

I don't think anyone knows that

MetEdDawg
11-16-2019, 08:54 PM

Look. When people say they would rather OM win, I take them at their word. Screw explaining. If you say it own up to it.

If you didn't say it then qualify it. If not don't say anything. But don't say you want us to lose, then qualify it. That's a bitch move. You don't get to play what if's in this business. If you want us to lose then man up and don't qualify it. If not then say so.

And I will continue to add that I think no matter what Joe should be gone. I'm on the fire Joe train and have been for 5 weeks. So me wanting Joe to stay or me thinking this game should define Joe is not correct. Even if we win I think he's the wrong fit for us as a HC.

Todd4State
11-16-2019, 08:59 PM
I don't think anyone knows that

Well, I was told that he was going to be fired after we lost to Kentucky they year. Byrne never did like him.

CadaverDawg
11-16-2019, 09:20 PM
Look. When people say they would rather OM win, I take them at their word. Screw explaining. If you say it own up to it.

If you didn't say it then qualify it. If not don't say anything. But don't say you want us to lose, then qualify it. That's a bitch move. You don't get to play what if's in this business. If you want us to lose then man up and don't qualify it. If not then say so.

And I will continue to add that I think no matter what Joe should be gone. I'm on the fire Joe train and have been for 5 weeks. So me wanting Joe to stay or me thinking this game should define Joe is not correct. Even if we win I think he's the wrong fit for us as a HC.

Haha "in this business"? I think I just found your problem.

And yes, I said, "if someone says 'If he wins the egg he stays, if he loses he's gone', I will want us to lose". Thus, I DID qualify it. So again, guys like you and liver not reading and having the ability to comprehend words on a ****ing page, are making this board less enjoyable. Start reading and learn a little common sense and then back to me with your "bitch move" Bull shit. I stand by what I said. Carry on.

MetEdDawg
11-16-2019, 09:26 PM
Haha "in this business"? I think I just found your problem.

And yes, I said, "if someone says 'If he wins the egg he stays, if he loses he's gone', I will want us to lose". Thus, I DID qualify it. So again, guys like you and liver not reading and having the ability to comprehend words on a ****ing page, are making this board less enjoyable. Start reading and learn a little common sense and then back to me with your "bitch move" Bull shit. I stand by what I said. Carry on.

I don't really care what you think. Still a bitch move to hope your university loses. Period. So qualify it so it makes you feel better that you are rooting for OM on Thanksgiving. If you are an actual MSU fan, when it comes down to Thanksgiving Day, there's no way your ass walks into Davis Wade with an MSU shirt on and openly cheers for OM.

No damn way. It's all message board talk behind a username.

CadaverDawg
11-16-2019, 09:28 PM
I don't really care what you think. Still a bitch move to hope your university loses. Period. So qualify it so it makes you feel better that you are rooting for OM on Thanksgiving. If you are an actual MSU fan, when it comes down to Thanksgiving Day, there's no way your ass walks into Davis Wade with an MSU shirt on and openly cheers for OM.

Aaaaaand you still didn't read my post. Shocker.

I did qualify it.

I don't want us to lose. (But we will, and if it leads to Joe being fired I will be fine with it)

You just proved my point about how horrible your reading comprehension makes it to discuss sports with you. So enjoy your evening.

hp22
11-16-2019, 09:29 PM
It is simple for me.

If we win the Egg Bowl and then beat Tulane in a bowl game, do you really feel any different about the overall direction of the football program? I cannot say yes to that question. Therefore, it's time.

I think Moorhead seems like a great guy. I believe he works hard. The suspensions do matter...but it is no excuse for thr offensive side. I also wish we lived in a world where we could afford to give a coach 3 true years to build. But this program didn't need to be rebuilt. It just needed to be sustained. When apathy hits your football program, it's very costly. We're there.

Liverpooldawg
11-16-2019, 09:33 PM

I have told you I ain't defending the coach. What I won't EVER do is root for the Confederate bastards against us. You have said that's what you are doing. To me that makes YOU one of THEM. I can not fathom doing that in ANY situation. It's despicable.

Liverpooldawg
11-16-2019, 09:36 PM

I did qualify it.

I don't want us to lose. (But we will, and if it leads to Joe being fired I will be fine with it)

You just proved my point about how horrible your reading comprehension makes it to discuss sports with you. So enjoy your evening.

The fact remains that you are ok with us losing to Ole Miss in ANY situation. That is unacceptable from a supposed MSU fan. It's despicable.

Liverpooldawg
11-16-2019, 09:38 PM

Yep.

Liverpooldawg
11-16-2019, 09:40 PM

No real MSU fan would ever want Ole Miss to beat us at tiddlywinks, much less football. This has been a very revealing thread. I'm going to remember it for sure.

MetEdDawg
11-16-2019, 09:41 PM

I did qualify it.

I read it. You qualified it. Got it. And you did it to make yourself feel better about cheering for OM.

Like I said, show me you mean it. Put on your MSU shirt, walk into Davis Wade, and openly cheer for OM.

lastmajordog
11-16-2019, 09:56 PM
All the yahoos that have made fun of Luke and om going to a run offense blah blah blah......I?ve been saying this since mid season......get ready.....they will hand the DOGS arss on a plate in Davis Wade. It won?t be pretty either.

CoachT14
11-16-2019, 09:58 PM
No real MSU fan would ever want Ole Miss to beat us at tiddlywinks, much less football. This has been a very revealing thread. I'm going to remember it for sure.

Who the 17 are you to define what a real fan is? You are no one and your opinion on it is meaningless.

I can tell you this much, a smart, intelligent individual doesn't blindly follow a dumb ass into the abyss simply because of his allegiance to some bigger entity. You are completely ignoring the bigger picture here. The longer the idiot runs this program, the more time he has to run it into the ground.

And the bigger picture is not simply being able to beat Ole Miss, the bigger picture is having the ability to compete for a championship. That goal is getting hazier the longer he and his stench stays. If the best thing for this program/school is him losing the egg bowl and being fired then count me in as a despicable fan in your opinion. Though your opinion has shown to be pretty poor at this juncture in time.

Liverpooldawg
11-16-2019, 10:03 PM
Who the 17 are you to define what a real fan is? You are no one and your opinion on it is meaningless.

I can tell you this much, a smart, intelligent individual doesn't blindly follow a dumb ass into the abyss simply because of his allegiance to some bigger entity. You are completely ignoring the bigger picture here. The longer the idiot runs this program, the more time he has to run it into the ground.

And the bigger picture is not simply being able to beat Ole Miss, the bigger picture is having the ability to compete for a championship. That goal is getting hazier the longer he and his stench stays. If the best thing for this program/school is him losing the egg bowl and being fired then count me in as a despicable fan in your opinion. Though your opinion has shown to be pretty poor at this juncture in time.

I'm not defining anybody. They are defining themselves. If you root for Ole Miss against MSU you are by definition not a MSU fan. You are an Ole Miss fan. It's that simple.

All you idiots are blinded by your hatred of the coach. You haven't even noticed I haven't said one word to defend him. I'm simply saying if you root for Ole Miss against MSU, by definition you are NOT a MSU fan.

Cowbell
11-16-2019, 10:14 PM
It’s simple guys. One step back/two steps forward. We are both rooting for a win - Near-sided want it now, even though it would only last for a few weeks. The rest of us want that winning feeling for the next decade.

MetEdDawg
11-16-2019, 10:42 PM
It’s simple guys. One step back/two steps forward. We are both rooting for a win - Near-sided want it now, even though it would only last for a few weeks. The rest of us want that winning feeling for the next decade.

We all want that winning feeling for a decade. The question is can you guarantee it? Can you guarantee Moorhead is gone after the Egg Bowl if we lose? Is he gone even if we win? Can you guarantee his replacement will get us there?

I want Moorhead gone. But I'm not going to root for us to lose to OM. And not a damn person on this board would walk into Davis Wade with an MSU shirt on and cheer for OM the whole time claiming it's for the good of the university and the program.

Cowbell
11-16-2019, 10:54 PM
We all want that winning feeling for a decade. The question is can you guarantee it? Can you guarantee Moorhead is gone after the Egg Bowl if we lose? Is he gone even if we win? Can you guarantee his replacement will get us there?

I want Moorhead gone. But I'm not going to root for us to lose to OM. And not a damn person on this board would walk into Davis Wade with an MSU shirt on and cheer for OM the whole time claiming it's for the good of the university and the program.

You are overthinking this and over-reacting. Relax.

lastmajordog
11-16-2019, 11:06 PM
om is going to win.....and probably a lot

DeputyDawg94
11-17-2019, 12:02 AM
I don’t want to lose the game in order to get rid of joe, but if it is a loss I hope it’s a skull 17ing in a dumpster fire on a sinking ship that’s on fire. Kinda like Croom’s last year where there is no doubt what has to be done.
I’ve said in other threads that the best case scenario would be joe goes 6-6 and heads out on his on the day after thanksgiving.