PDA

View Full Version : Gus Bus Gone Get Fired Today?

ShotgunDawg
11-16-2019, 05:32 PM
Whew. They can't move the ball at all & look to be headed towards an 8-4 season.

They may not score today vs UGA

MetEdDawg
11-16-2019, 05:33 PM
No. They will wait until after the Iron Bowl.

Auburn wants him out but he always finds a way. That defense of theirs could get them an Iron Bowl win now that Tua is out. Might save him. He's not going to leave Auburn for Arkansas unless they fire him.

KOdawg1
11-16-2019, 05:34 PM
Gus should jump on the Arky job if he can

ShotgunDawg
11-16-2019, 05:35 PM
No. They will wait until after the Iron Bowl.

Auburn wants him out but he always finds a way. That defense of theirs could get them an Iron Bowl win now that Tua is out.

I think Bama's offense will score 28 at least on them with those WRs. Not sure I can see Auburn scoring much on Bama. Maybe 17 points. Maybe

ShotgunDawg
11-16-2019, 05:35 PM
Gus should jump on the Arky job if he can

I wish he'd jump to the MSU job. I'd take him.

He'd be a pain in the ass at Arkansas. He'd have them as a scary 7-5 8-4 type team most years

msstate7
11-16-2019, 05:46 PM
Georgia is the best defense in the country. LSU on notice

ShotgunDawg
11-16-2019, 05:48 PM
Georgia is the best defense in the country. LSU on notice

Could be.

If UGA would go to LSU's offensive scheme, they'd probably win the natty

msstate7
11-16-2019, 05:49 PM
Could be.

I like just what Georgia does. It's the old saban model... get the most talent, play defense, and run the ball with elite RBs

Quaoarsking
11-16-2019, 05:51 PM
We better have an offer package ready for him just in case.

ShotgunDawg
11-16-2019, 05:56 PM

Agree. It's a no brainer for us

We wouldn't lose any recruits & just let him bring his entire staff

TrapGame
11-16-2019, 05:57 PM

Y'all crazy.

When Gus tells Bracky he wants to set up a poker chip payment scheme through Tunica like they have at Auburn it will get ugly.

Homedawg
11-16-2019, 05:59 PM
Could be.

Uga doesn't have the wr LSU has. Not this year. That's Fromm's problem this year.

msugolf
11-16-2019, 06:01 PM

He'd be a pain in the ass at Arkansas. He'd have them as a scary 7-5 8-4 type team most years

Hell no! He struggles with offense recruiting elite talent. How's he gonna do with it worse players? His offense has been figured out and he can't evolve. If he doesn't have a super freak for a qb (cam or Nick Marshall) then he looks like garbage.

Homedawg
11-16-2019, 06:04 PM
Y'all crazy.

When Gus tells Bracky he wants to set up a poker chip payment scheme through Tunica like they have at Auburn it will get ugly.

Post like this amuse me. You think any coach or booster goes to compliance to cheat?? Hahahha. Hell eve ru body cheats. Ya too.

ShotgunDawg
11-16-2019, 06:06 PM
Hell no! He struggles with offense recruiting elite talent. How's he gonna do with it worse players? His offense has been figured out and he can't evolve. If he doesn't have a super freak for a qb (cam or Nick Marshall) then he looks like garbage.

I think Shrader's running ability and physicality makes him potentially a better fit for that scheme than Nix.

I get your point, but it's important to remember that Auburn plays UGA every year. So they often have 1 more loss than they should

TrapGame
11-16-2019, 06:07 PM
Post like this amuse me. You think any coach or booster goes to compliance to cheat?? Hahahha. Hell eve ru body cheats. Ya too.

Don't let Bracky find out or we gonna self impose the death penalty next!

msstate7
11-16-2019, 06:07 PM
I think Shrader's running ability and physicality makes him potentially a better fit for that scheme than Nix.

I get your point, but it's important to remember that Auburn plays UGA every year. So they often have 1 more loss than they should

Gus won the west 2 years ago without a super athlete at qb

TrapGame
11-16-2019, 06:11 PM
Auburn recruits way damn better than we do and Gus still could be a 8-4 this year.

Y'all crazy.

ShotgunDawg
11-16-2019, 06:22 PM
Auburn recruits way damn better than we do and Gus still could be a 8-4 this year.

Y'all crazy.

Gus goes 8-4 because Auburn is the only team that plays Bama, UGA, & LSU every year. It's a 9-3, 10-2 program

TrapGame
11-16-2019, 06:25 PM
Gus goes 8-4 because Auburn is the only team that plays Bama, UGA, & LSU every year. It's a 9-3, 10-2 program

With more four and five stars than we ever have. C'mon Gun.

ShotgunDawg
11-16-2019, 06:27 PM
With more four and five stars than we ever have. C'mon Gun.

I agree, but he'd would increase out talent level while also not having to play UGA, Bama, & LSU every year.

I think Gus would absolutely being an 8-4 type coach at MSU while having some 9-3 and possible 10-2s mixed in .

He's not the coach Mullen is, but he's good & he'd be a better recruiter than Mullen

Additionally, he'd bring with him a pretty good staff that has been with him for a while.

msugolf
11-16-2019, 06:33 PM
I agree, but he'd would increase out talent level while also not having to play UGA, Bama, & LSU every year.

I think Gus would absolutely being an 8-4 type coach at MSU while having some 9-3 and possible 10-2s mixed in .

He's not the coach Mullen is, but he's good & he'd be a better recruiter than Mullen

Additionally, he'd bring with him a pretty good staff that has been with him for a while.

Are you sure he'd increase our talent level? Is he the good recruiter or is Auburn? He's a pretty strange dude (and his wife is crazy too) so I'm not sure he'd rack up on the recruits like you think he would. His offense has proven to not develop qb's. Stidham regressed each year he was there. And now all of a sudden Stidham has been praised by the Patriots organization yet people were saying how horrible he was last year.

ShotgunDawg
11-16-2019, 06:49 PM
Are you sure he'd increase our talent level? Is he the good recruiter or is Auburn? He's a pretty strange dude (and his wife is crazy too) so I'm not sure he'd rack up on the recruits like you think he would. His offense has proven to not develop qb's. Stidham regressed each year he was there. And now all of a sudden Stidham has been praised by the Patriots organization yet people were saying how horrible he was last year.

I think he'd get us into the 15-20 spots in the recruiting rankings. He's pretty comfortable playing the game & has tons of connections

Saltydog
11-16-2019, 06:54 PM
Not if they beat them and w/o Tua playing and with the game being at Auburn I could see Auburn winning. Their defense will keep them in it w/o Tua.

TUSK
11-16-2019, 06:56 PM
Y'all crazy.

Well done.

ShotgunDawg
11-16-2019, 06:58 PM
Auburn back

TUSK
11-16-2019, 07:00 PM
Aubie coming back????

Can someone update me...? I'm not "real time"... rootin' for the Barners...

Turfdawg67
11-16-2019, 08:06 PM
Uga doesn't have the wr LSU has. Not this year. That's Fromm's problem this year.

Watch out or you'll be challenged to a ban bet on something you have zero control of...

msstate7
11-16-2019, 08:09 PM
Watch out or you'll be challenged to a ban bet on something you have zero control of...

You're so stupid. Homedawg is correct. Georgia doesn't have the WRs LSU has... not even close. They do a much better defense though. Now why did you stop telling me how dumb and wrong I am on Moorhead? I miss that.

dawgday166
11-16-2019, 08:43 PM

Gus is not our answer. His offenses aren't that great with AU talent.

TrapGame
11-16-2019, 09:05 PM
Gus is not our answer. His offenses aren't that great with AU talent.

Exactly!

RougeDawg
11-17-2019, 01:50 AM
Nix sucks. Shrader is light years better. Shrader on Auburn?s team beats Georgia today and competes for SECW. Period

Skydawg1
11-17-2019, 01:54 AM
Nix sucks. Shrader is light years better. Shrader on Auburn?s team beats Georgia today and competes for SECW. PeriodHahaha

Cooterpoot
11-17-2019, 08:14 AM
If AU had a QB, they might be undefeated. Their WR talent is pretty average too.

MetEdDawg
11-17-2019, 08:18 AM
Nix sucks. Shrader is light years better. Shrader on Auburn?s team beats Georgia today and competes for SECW. Period

Nix was 60% (they asked him to throw it 50 times) threw for 245 yards, a TD, and was Auburn's leading rusher and had a rushing TD.

He does not suck.

msstate7
11-17-2019, 08:30 AM
Auburn's schedule is ridiculous...
#6 Oregon neural
#11 Florida Road
#1 LSU road
#4 Georgia home
#5 Bama home

This doesn't even mention aTm who will be ranked this week

Cooterpoot
11-17-2019, 08:35 AM
Yeah, people thinking Gus isn’t a good coach or Nix a solid FR are fooling themselves. Nix will be really good next year. He missed an easy throw yesterday to give AU a chance. Just FR stuff.

gravedigger
11-17-2019, 08:40 AM
You're so stupid. Homedawg is correct. Georgia doesn't have the WRs LSU has... not even close. They do a much better defense though. Now why did you stop telling me how dumb and wrong I am on Moorhead? I miss that.

His response was to homedawg so....

MetEdDawg
11-17-2019, 08:49 AM
Auburn's schedule is ridiculous...
#6 Oregon neural
#11 Florida Road
#1 LSU road
#4 Georgia home
#5 Bama home

This doesn't even mention aTm who will be ranked this week

No one wants to say it, but Auburn's season is playing out very similarly to us last year. If you look at Auburn's starting 11 on offense this year, I would take probably 8-9 of those guys over our starting 11 on offense last year and that includes the QB.

Auburn has the best defense in the country too and could very well go 8-4. They will lose to Bama because Bama is still better than Auburn without Tua. But we lost to Bama, LSU, Kentucky (comparable to Florida this year in terms of difficulty and ranking), and a 10 win Florida team. Auburn should have beaten Florida and we should have beaten Florida.

So the schedule is actually pretty comparable in terms of difficulty except for the big non conference game. Plus the struggles offensively. I actually think us last year and Auburn this year are important case studies for success in college football. Great defense can only take you so far in college football now. You have to have offensive playmakers that can score points. The days of winning big SEC games in the teens are gone because there is too much offensive firepower across the board in college football now.

I think this Auburn team on offense as it's constructed is better than our offense was last year and they will probably have the same record. This is not a pro Joe post, but a post highlighting that elite defense isn't enough to do it anymore. You've got to have a competent offense to go in conjunction with the defense. If I had a choice in college football right now, I would take a Top 5 offense over a Top 5 defense every single day.

msstate7
11-17-2019, 08:49 AM
His response was to homedawg so....

Was my response to you?

dawgday166
11-17-2019, 09:06 AM
No one wants to say it, but Auburn's season is playing out very similarly to us last year. If you look at Auburn's starting 11 on offense this year, I would take probably 8-9 of those guys over our starting 11 on offense last year and that includes the QB.

Auburn has the best defense in the country too and could very well go 8-4. They will lose to Bama because Bama is still better than Auburn without Tua. But we lost to Bama, LSU, Kentucky (comparable to Florida this year in terms of difficulty and ranking), and a 10 win Florida team. Auburn should have beaten Florida and we should have beaten Florida.

So the schedule is actually pretty comparable in terms of difficulty except for the big non conference game. Plus the struggles offensively. I actually think us last year and Auburn this year are important case studies for success in college football. Great defense can only take you so far in college football now. You have to have offensive playmakers that can score points. The days of winning big SEC games in the teens are gone because there is too much offensive firepower across the board in college football now.

I think this Auburn team on offense as it's constructed is better than our offense was last year and they will probably have the same record. This is not a pro Joe post, but a post highlighting that elite defense isn't enough to do it anymore. You've got to have a competent offense to go in conjunction with the defense. If I had a choice in college football right now, I would take a Top 5 offense over a Top 5 defense every single day.

Other than possibly an LT and some WRs, I wouldn't take anyone else over our starters last year minus Kylin and plus Aeris.

gravedigger
11-17-2019, 09:10 AM
Was my response to you?

Does not matter. You seem to have a chapped ass about it. Seems his point struck home.

And your Eyore routine about Moorhead is wrong. But it is obvious that it has its sympathy on a message board and that is comforting. You get off on misery. More than that you get off on making others miserable with you.

msstate7
11-17-2019, 09:14 AM
Does not matter. You seem to have a chapped ass about it. Seems his point struck home.

And your Eyore routine about Moorhead is wrong. But it is obvious that it has its sympathy on a message board and that is comforting. You get off on misery. More than that you get off on making others miserable with you.

Dig in on Moorhead. I've been right on him since Kentucky last year, and got attacked constantly for being right. You're one of the last Moorhead guys, but even you will rise above DA one day

MetEdDawg
11-17-2019, 09:19 AM
Other than possibly an LT and some WRs, I wouldn't take anyone else over our starters last year minus Kylin and plus Aeris.

I would take Bo Nix every day over Fitz. I would take every one of their WRs over ours from last year. And you might be able to make a case for some of their OL. But I would take 3 of them over ours from last year. And if you take 1 RB then use an HB, Chandler Cox wins that battle all day.

So I can easily find 7 I would replace. 3 WR, QB, 2 OL, and a TE/HB.

ShotgunDawg
11-17-2019, 09:21 AM
I think Nix is just Ok. I think he has accuracy issues & really isn't all that talented.

I expect him to develop into a Matt Flynn type player at Auburn, which is pretty good, but doesn't project all that well to the next level.

msstate7
11-17-2019, 09:26 AM
I think Nix is just Ok. I think he has accuracy issues & really isn't all that talented.

I expect him to develop into a Matt Flynn type player at Auburn, which is pretty good, but doesn't project all that well to the next level.

You talking about 8-year NFL veteran, Matt Flynn? Uhhh... that's pretty good. There's only 32 starting QBs in the nfl, and it's pretty hard to break in to that group

ShotgunDawg
11-17-2019, 09:30 AM
You talking about 8-year NFL veteran, Matt Flynn? Uhhh... that's pretty good. There's only 32 starting QBs in the nfl, and it's pretty hard to break in to that group

Yes.

I know I've said Nix sucks, but I've also said that he should've rated a 90-93 type 4 star QB, not a 5 star. He's not a 5 star talent, but saying he's a 90-93 type, I'm insinuating that yes he is decent.

gravedigger
11-17-2019, 09:36 AM
Dig in on Moorhead. I've been right on him since Kentucky last year, and got attacked constantly for being right. You're one of the last Moorhead guys, but even you will rise above DA one day

I will try to explain this for the final time for you. I know it is convenient for you to think I am defending where Moorhead has our team or how he has done it.

I am not. I am mocking and making fun of the manner in which fans like yourself demand he must be replaced right now. You take a loss and melt. We win a game you stfu. All the while you act as if MSU is immune from mediocrity as if other teams don?t go through it.

LSU did with O. Auburn did with Mahlzahn. Georgia did. We did with Mullen. We did with Jackie. A&M is with your dreamboat and Florida State...well he left them in worse.

But it is suddenly incomprehensible now.

Cry in your fruit loops and pretend you have some insight.

You dont. You impress Other eyores.

Turfdawg67
11-17-2019, 10:19 AM
I will try to explain this for the final time for you. I know it is convenient for you to think I am defending where Moorhead has our team or how he has done it.

I am not. I am mocking and making fun of the manner in which fans like yourself demand he must be replaced right now. You take a loss and melt. We win a game you stfu. All the while you act as if MSU is immune from mediocrity as if other teams don?t go through it.

LSU did with O. Auburn did with Mahlzahn. Georgia did. We did with Mullen. We did with Jackie. A&M is with your dreamboat and Florida State...well he left them in worse.

But it is suddenly incomprehensible now.

Cry in your fruit loops and pretend you have some insight.

You dont. You impress Other eyores.

Dang! You gonna make him/her cry. Or post 150 more times today...

dawgday166
11-17-2019, 01:04 PM
I would take Bo Nix every day over Fitz. I would take every one of their WRs over ours from last year. And you might be able to make a case for some of their OL. But I would take 3 of them over ours from last year. And if you take 1 RB then use an HB, Chandler Cox wins that battle all day.

So I can easily find 7 I would replace. 3 WR, QB, 2 OL, and a TE/HB.

I would take Fitz over a Frosh Nix. Fitz got screwed by Joe and his offense last year. We'll see when Nix is upperclassman.