PDA

View Full Version : Tua injury

starkvegasdawg
11-16-2019, 05:05 PM
Dislocated hip with posterior wall fracture whatever that is. I hate it for him. Saban has no business having him in the game at that point. Game was our of hand and he was already injured.

Cowbell
11-16-2019, 05:17 PM
Dislocated hip with posterior wall fracture whatever that is. I hate it for him. Saban has no business having him in the game at that point. Game was our of hand and he was already injured.
This was my thoughts

ShotgunDawg
11-16-2019, 05:20 PM
- I don't blame Saban for it. Football players play football. Tua just happens to be extremely fragile, which isn't Saban's fault.
- I thought the coverage of it has been way over blown. Focus on the game.

Dawgbite
11-16-2019, 05:23 PM
Could have happened on the first play or couldn’t have happened ever. It’s easy to say this after the fact but you can’t play or coach scared. It was a freak accident.

HoopsDawg
apparently surgery and rehab can lead to a full recovery. Hope that's true.

TUSK
I'm with you two/3^ fellers...

MetEdDawg
11-16-2019, 05:29 PM
Folks reporting dislocated hip and he's done for the year and that it's pretty bad.

Bama folks are the ones reporting this feeling this will be it for him at Alabama.

If that injury is as bad as it is he could become undraftable.

BeardoMSU
11-16-2019, 05:29 PM
apparently surgery and rehab can lead to a full recovery. Hope that's true.

That's good to hear. I'd hate for this to hurt his career going forward.

ShotgunDawg
11-16-2019, 05:31 PM
I hear folks comparing this to Bo Jackson, which may be true, but it's important to remember that Bo played RB, which requires unique agility & Tua plays QB & is a pocket QB at that. Huge difference

TheLostDawg
11-16-2019, 05:34 PM
He should be able to fully recover from this. It'll take some time but look how fast he came back after his prior injury. I bet LSU and Auburn fans are glad to hear it. From how it sounds I bet that he's out for regular season but back for post season which I doubt he plays unless Alabama makes it to the playoffs

TUSK
11-16-2019, 05:36 PM
I hear folks comparing this to Bo Jackson, which may be true, but it's important to remember that Bo played RB, which requires unique agility & Tua plays QB & is a pocket QB at that. Huge difference

also, IIRC, Bo was misdiagnosed and his hip "died" from lack of blood in the lag time before that found out he had arterial damage... I'll bet Dr Andrews is in B'ham right now pokin' and proddin' TUA....

He should be fine, long term...

Mobile Bay
11-16-2019, 05:38 PM

Bo also popped his own hip back into socket and didn't tell anybody about it for a week. That lead to the bone dying because of the severed blood vessels.

Saltydog
11-16-2019, 05:38 PM
Absolutely it's Saban's fault. The kid was already injured and was a game time decision to play and you're up 28 freaking points. 2 minute drill my ass. The SOB was trying to run up the score for style points and he threw caution to the wind due to his greed. He just cost this kid millions of dollars in the draft. You can sit and say it could've happened on the first play, yada, yada but there was absolutely no need whatsoever for him to be in the game at that point, NONE.

starkvegasdawg
11-16-2019, 05:48 PM
Maybe Tua and Saban can do an Aflac commercial together now.

MarketingBully
11-16-2019, 05:49 PM
He should be able to fully recover from this. It'll take some time but look how fast he came back after his prior injury. I bet LSU and Auburn fans are glad to hear it. From how it sounds I bet that he's out for regular season but back for post season which I doubt he plays unless Alabama makes it to the playoffs

Dude, he’s not coming back this year. He’s done at Alabama.

TUSK
11-16-2019, 05:53 PM
Absolutely it's Saban's fault. The kid was already injured and was a game time decision to play and you're up 28 freaking points. 2 minute drill my ass. The SOB was trying to run up the score for style points and he threw caution to the wind due to his greed. He just cost this kid millions of dollars in the draft. You can sit and say it could've happened on the first play, yada, yada but there was absolutely no need whatsoever for him to be in the game at that point, NONE.

I don't have a problem with him starting, but an argument can be made to pull him....

What's being missed in all of this is Tua almost never gives up on a play, which, while admirable, isn't very smart... He'd almost never get sacked, hit, or hurt if he'd just say "screw it", chunk the ball in the 5th row, and move on to 2nd and 10...

My biggest problem with Saban is that he didn't beat that into Tua's head early on...

TUSK
11-16-2019, 05:54 PM
Maybe Tua and Saban can do an Aflac commercial together now.

too soon... but I laughed, anyway... plus 1

KB21
11-16-2019, 05:56 PM
That posterior wall is the posterior wall of the acetabulum, which is the socket of the hip joint. The emergent aspect of this right now is to relieve the pressure in the hip to restore blood flow to the femoral head. Without that, he develops avascular necrosis of the femoral head, which is what ended Bo's career.

ShotgunDawg
11-16-2019, 05:58 PM
That posterior wall is the posterior wall of the acetabulum, which is the socket of the hip joint. The emergent aspect of this right now is to relieve the pressure in the hip to restore blood flow to the femoral head. Without that, he develops avascular necrosis of the femoral head, which is what ended Bo's career.

Well, we now know who ED's Orthopedic Surgeon is

TUSK
11-16-2019, 06:01 PM

YEP.... I was just about to type similarly...

Dawgbite
11-16-2019, 06:01 PM

Nah, he just stayed at the Holiday Inn Express last night.

KB21
11-16-2019, 06:03 PM

I'm not an orthopedic surgeon, but I am a doctor and have done sports medicine.

Saltydog
11-16-2019, 06:06 PM
I don't have a problem with him starting, but an argument can be made to pull him....

What's being missed in all of this is Tua almost never gives up on a play, which, while admirable, isn't very smart... He'd almost never get sacked, hit, or hurt if he'd just say "screw it", chunk the ball in the 5th row, and move on to 2nd and 10...

My biggest problem with Saban is that he didn't beat that into Tua's head early on...

Even more reason to not have him in the game...?.

TUSK
11-16-2019, 06:09 PM
I'm not an orthopedic surgeon, but I am a doctor and have done sports medicine.

How do you think this injury will affect Tua's intra-gyrational, mid-abdominal, core-inertial thrust on lateral passes off his back foot?

jk, Doc... thanks for the explanation!

TUSK
11-16-2019, 06:12 PM
Even more reason to not have him in the game...?.

Yup, I'm down with that as well... If ya know he's gonna do dumb shit, and risk the team's potential success, ya gotta consider that...

but, it wasn't like Saban was RUTS... conversely, he's been very merciful, historically..

Saltydog
11-16-2019, 06:29 PM
Is it wrong that I laughed?

basedog
11-16-2019, 06:31 PM
Saban was dumb with the statement "We wanted to give him experience in the 2 minute drill". Say wut Saban? Tus didn't need experience, poor coaching decision.

Commercecomet24
11-16-2019, 06:39 PM

This. This injury is extremely serious due to blood flow problem. If it's not corrected quickly and blood flow restored this can kill the joint. Saban may not have only hurt his team by leaving him in but cost Tua millions of nfl dollars. I know of very few athletes who are ever the same after this type hip injury. Hope the kids gonna be ok

Lord McBuckethead
11-16-2019, 06:43 PM
Dude, he?s not coming back this year. He?s done at Alabama.

He is definitely not playing this season or this post season. You don't just get back after a dislocated hip, especially since he fractured his posterior wall of his hip. I believe that is the outer edge of the socket. Dude's in for a long recovery. 8 months probably.

Lord McBuckethead
11-16-2019, 06:44 PM
Saban was dumb with the statement "We wanted to give him experience in the 2 minute drill". Say wut Saban? Tus didn't need experience, poor coaching decision.

Yep. It was a good opportunity to run a 2 minute, but he didn't need that experience. Dude did it well as a freshman in the national championship game.

basedog
11-16-2019, 06:59 PM
Yep. It was a good opportunity to run a 2 minute, but he didn't need that experience. Dude did it well as a freshman in the national championship game.

Bottom line in what Saban said, dude could have practice at home with no tackling. Saban will explode next week when media ask about Tua. Was no reason taking a chance with Tua against Msu.

Now we shall see how this plays out.

Commercecomet24
11-16-2019, 07:02 PM
Bottom line in what Saban said, dude could have practice at home with no tackling. Saban will explode next week when media ask about Tua. Was no reason taking a chance with Tua against Msu.

Now we shall see how this plays out.

Exactly right. Also it's now that then injury happened it's WHEN it happened. Absolutely no reason for Tua to be in the game. First time I've seen Nick totally lost on what to say as during that halftime interview. He stumbled through it cause he knew he screwed up.

Saltydog
11-16-2019, 07:25 PM
Agreed CC. I thought the exact same thing. His voice trembled just a bit. Even some of the gumps that would normally lick a bead of sweat off his balls are questioning him.

TUSK
11-16-2019, 07:36 PM
Even some of the gumps that would normally lick a bead of sweat off his balls are questioning him.

"Lick"?????... Hell, I bottled a sample of that sweat and have figured out how to synthesize it using one of my antiquated whiskey stills...