PDA

View Full Version : It's being reported that Tua.....

Liverpooldawg
11-16-2019, 05:05 PM
has a broken hip. The injury is said to be very similar to the one Bo Jackson had. I hope not. That would be awful. He seems to be a good guy and he had a very bright football future ahead of him.

somebodyshotmypaw
11-16-2019, 05:11 PM
has a broken hip. The injury is said to be very similar to the one Bo Jackson had. I hope not. That would be awful. He seems to be a good guy and he had a very bright football future ahead of him.

If the bone is broken far enough outside the socket, it can be repaired with plates and screws. It's season ending, not career ending. If the ball has to be replaced, then he's basically had a full hip replacement. Not sure what the docs would say about trying to play in the NFL on that. If there is blood flow loss to the ball (as happened to Bo Jackson), the ball will die and a full replacement will be necessary. Certainly a QB is more likely to play with an artificial hip versus a running back.

Saltydog
11-16-2019, 05:11 PM
If it's like Bo's it's bad. From what I recall his femur entered into his hip/pelvic area and cut off the blood supply and necrosis set up in the hip. It can be repaired but can't sustain the impact a pro athlete would take, especially in a sport like football. If I'm right Bo actually reinjured his sliding into a base and that was it.

TUSK
11-16-2019, 05:12 PM

Yep... "dislocated hip with a posterior wall fracture" some Dr type (and others) speculated... He's done.